Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) (41268 Views)

Gunmen Kidnap Locals And Throw Them Off A Bridge In Anambra (Photo) / Kidnapped Abuja Lady Found Unconscious Under A Bridge / Nigerian Lady Commits Suicide In UK By Jumping From A Bridge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by lacade(m): 1:38pm On Feb 25, 2021
AustineCJ:
Everything is wrong in this country.
First the stupid driver is wrong.... why try to escape .....but then our security men needs proper training, they really don’t know how to manage situations to avoid escalation..... which one is break the glass, must they always be destructive.... the driver and the official that was hit needs to do a joint thanksgiving..... God is indeed good to them.

How do they do it in US?

We just think that everything is wrong about this country without knowledge of how things are being done elsewhere
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Exodora: 1:39pm On Feb 25, 2021
Lagos one city I hate so much through was born and brought up there still hate her .
Everybody down there behaves like ....to me even the so called learned ones .
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Myself2(m): 1:40pm On Feb 25, 2021
post=99403073:

First and foremost, what a lucky escape for the cop.
Assuming his head hit the concrete part, d head for just burst scatter, but luckily he fell straight into the water..

And for the pot belly law-breaker, he will surely face the consequences of his action.
Luckily he escaped the charges for manslaughter already.

Some Lagosians/Nigerians are the most stubborn people on the face of earth.
They are preventing and protecting people from dying, but some heady and stubborn animals are here putting people's life in jeopardy.
Be the CHANGE you wanna see... periodt!

We know you have been so used to breaking laws offline and online.
Breaking laws is now a norm to you and here you are justifying foolishness and incredulity.
Not everyone is like you, you know.
But continue, dem no dey telli person.
One day na one day......

One of the few days you have made sense
Thank God Bubu was not involved
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Icezikagu(m): 1:50pm On Feb 25, 2021
Bsure:
WHAATT!!!

Thank God the policeman no die o
Bsure, Are you sure? d policeman no die?
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by airminem(f): 1:54pm On Feb 25, 2021
The police survived the fall but, still needs medical checks immediattely..
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Nightalan: 1:55pm On Feb 25, 2021
somehow:

Extort?

Are the laws not clear?
Did they ask him for any other fine out of the official fine which is ₦250k or forfeiture after a certain period?
Get yourself acquainted with the new Lagos State Traffic Laws, particularly on One-Way driving and it's penalty which was what my comment was referencing but you keep deviating and can't even keep a straight conversation. This back and forth has ran it's course. Your attention span is terrible. Bye!
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Offpoint1: 2:18pm On Feb 25, 2021
moscobabs:
grin I swear to God this is not ordinary. This man village people finally get him.

Driving one way.- Your car gone

Trying to turn back to tamper with evidence 3yrs jail

Hitting someone on the process- 7yrs jail

Someone con be police officer?- 15yrs in prison

Thank God the police no die.

It would have been life imprisonment

Omo I fear you if you be judge ogrin sharply you don arrange the guy sentences accordinglygrin

1 Like

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by slimthugchimee2(m): 2:27pm On Feb 25, 2021
Nightalan:

It's always easy to pass judgment when you've never been a victim. There are so many streets in Lagos, especially in the suburban areas without a single sign.
There's one in Gbagada, close to Grace High School, there's a police station right at the beginning of the street, in fact it's the first building, but there's no single signage that the street is One-Way. Instead the policemen will rather hide and sit under the tree beside a kiosk waiting for unsuspecting drivers new to the area to apprehend and extort. It's a norm in many parts of Lagos. So get off your high horse!

Lmao even an idiot would know that road is one way

And by the way why didn't he reverse since
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Feb 25, 2021
darkwan:

and....??
you are not them....
stop makin silly excuses....
And did I tell you I'm justifying their actions
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by sinola(m): 2:43pm On Feb 25, 2021
Those criminals in Lastma uniform took N120k from my neighbour last week on that same spot .
The place this incident happened is Toyota flyover enroute international airport. There is road construction presently going on which led to the blocking of the road inwards MMA and as a result of this, you will have to either go and turn at Oshodi interchange or Anthony bridge inorder to connect to international airport road for people that knows Lagos. These idiots called LASTMA officials instead of directing motorists on what to do went and mount blockage and were busy extorting people going through one way. If they catch you, you pay up between 50k to 150k depending on the type of car involved or else your car would be impounded. You can see the reason why the driver was trying to escape when he was caught.
However,i'm not justifying breaking of law and order in any way but our law enforcement agencies can be sometimes,overzealous and unprofessional in handling some situations.
They needs high level professional training in managing situations.
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Topshow2010(m): 2:51pm On Feb 25, 2021
Its quite unfortunate there was no shark or crocodile to eat d mofo policeman as he fell into d river ..... Anyway d driver don enter one chance
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by tayoccu(m): 3:24pm On Feb 25, 2021
lacade:

How do they do it in US?

We just think that everything is wrong about this country without knowledge of how things are being done elsewhere

He’s right,
The method the lastma and police adopted is wrong.
There are better ways to resolve the issue.
Look at it now, a member of their team is badly injured, and if the guy has a good lawyer, he might get off the hook. All they have to do is spin a story about feeling his life was threatened
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Tillatalk: 3:29pm On Feb 25, 2021
That car is gone
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by meobizy(f): 3:57pm On Feb 25, 2021
The idiot thought he was 007 until he nearly killed a man.

1 Like

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Coinbased: 4:32pm On Feb 25, 2021
Oh
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by pixey(m): 4:36pm On Feb 25, 2021
peeps4u:

I have broken traffic rule before, got stopped and paid fines.
Nothing spiritual about what happened. He got himself in the mess by attempting to turn and run on that busy road. It has nothing to do with village people.
His case is way different from yours and severe.Trust me you don't want to be in one.
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by zikter(m): 4:36pm On Feb 25, 2021
PotatoSalad:

From the video, he didn't use the vehicle as any weapon. He only reversed to escape and the mumu policeman was in the way. If he had wanted to run them over, he would have sped off, hitting everything in his path. I've seen videos of people doing this, instead of the police using force or pursuing them. They alert their units ahead to wait for the vehicle. There's absolutely no reason to break his vehicle or shoot. What if he's in a medical emergency?
No be everything deserves gra gra
That guy is right o, go and watch a lot of speed chases in USA on youtube. They can chase a driver around for hours, sometimes using even a helicopter. Once they corner you, guns are drawn like you are afghanistan, if the driver refuses to open the doors, the glasses are smashed with something that ooks like a whip. Guy, if this is USA, the driver would count himself lucky to be alive
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by KingMack(m): 4:57pm On Feb 25, 2021
Guy splash them 200k before una reach station Dem go lock upp!!

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by peeps4u: 5:05pm On Feb 25, 2021
pixey:
His case is way different from yours and severe.Trust me you don't want to be in one.

Nothing different, except he tried to escape when he could have stopped. I could have also ended like that if I attempted to escape. How do you think someone would turn and escape in such busy road while already rounded up by Police/LASTMA without hitting anybody or car?

Was it village people that made him take that road or attempt to escape?
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by BigYash: 5:08pm On Feb 25, 2021
beauty7:

How do women cry?
Hehehe.. See G.C.E question. Wait make I go collect answer booklet come..

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by somehow: 5:19pm On Feb 25, 2021
Nightalan:

Get yourself acquainted with the new Lagos State Traffic Laws, particularly on One-Way driving and it's penalty which was what my comment was referencing but you keep deviating and can't even keep a straight conversation. This back and forth has ran it's course. Your attention span is terrible. Bye!

What on earth are you saying?
The one way law says "pay ₦250k within a stipulated time frame or outright forfeiture after expiration with an option of you buying it back at the auction.

Point out the deviation or are you looking for a way to run away from a logical conversation as a typical Nigerian?
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Nightalan: 5:43pm On Feb 25, 2021
somehow:

What on earth are you saying?
The one way law says "pay ₦250k within a stipulated time frame or outright forfeiture after expiration with an option of you buying it back at the auction.

Point out the deviation or are you looking for a way to run away from a logical conversation as a typical Nigerian?
Can you cite the paragraph of the new Lagos State Traffic Law signed this year that says you pay "250k" within a stipulated time frame or risk forfeiture?
What is logical about parroting the same nonsense over and over again? You're ill informed, probably not even based in Lagos but you're here with your hoity toity simplistic argument about what you know nothing of.
Your attention span and comprehension is terrible, you deviated because my first comment you quoted was about the new draconian law which did not leave room for owners of impounded vehicles to get their cars back and not sorely about the isolated incident of this thread alone. Perhaps you should read my first comment again, you're pretty slow sha.
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by HenryWilliams(m): 5:51pm On Feb 25, 2021
See as the stupid cop mufti dropped his assault rifle... What if the driver decided to pick it and off everyone there? Won't he drive off? Stupid ill-trained police .

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by somehow: 5:51pm On Feb 25, 2021
Nightalan:

Can you cite the paragraph of the new Lagos State Traffic Law signed this year that says you pay "250k" within a stipulated time frame or risk forfeiture?
What is logical about parroting the same nonsense over and over again? You're ill informed, probably not even based in Lagos but you're here with your hoity toity simplistic argument about what you know nothing of.
You deviated because my initial comment you quoted was about the new draconian law which did not leave room for owners of impounded vehicles to get their cars back and not sorely about the isolated incident of this thread alone. You're pretty slow.

I knew it was heading to name calling and insult once you have nothing to say.

Now, post the so called law you're claiming leaves no room for owners to get their cars back.

There has been cases of people buying their vehicles back, except you don't have a TV or have access to news. (some even made news here, look for it, I ain't going to do that for you)

Any attempt to go gutter again, I will leave you to your folly.
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Nightalan: 6:02pm On Feb 25, 2021
somehow:

I knew it was heading to name calling and insult once you have nothing to say.

Now, post the so called law you're claiming leaves no room for owners to get their cars back.

There has been cases of people buying their vehicles back, except you don't have a TV or have access to news. (some even made news here, look for it, I ain't going to do that for you)

Any attempt to go gutter again, I will leave you to your folly.
Was anyone arguing about people buying their cars back, is it the same as the fictitious 250k fine you were parroting, your attention span and comprehension skill is quite bad though!
Lol, you see you're the one embarrassing yourself falsely claiming a 250k fine when none exist in the new Lagos Traffic Laws. I even told you to get yourself acquainted with the new Lagos State Traffic law signed this year but instead, you insisted on parroting the same tale. Now go and read paragraph 65 of that law since you want me to cite it.
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by somehow: 6:15pm On Feb 25, 2021
Nightalan:

Was anyone arguing about people buying their cars back, is it the same as the fictitious 250k fine you were parroting, your attention span and comprehension skill is quite bad though!
Lol, you see you're the one embarrassing yourself falsely claiming a 250k fine when none exist in the new Lagos Traffic Laws. I even told you to get yourself acquainted with the new Lagos State Traffic law signed this year but instead, you insisted on parroting the same tale. Now go and read paragraph 65 of that law since y ou want me to cite it.

You now believe they can buy back their vehicle which is an option? , so what is then the excuse you are making for the man?

And yes, if you have ₦250k within a period of time, you can get your vehicle back before it goes into action. Its like an 'unwritten law' within that department.

Have a nice day.
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Nightalan: 6:31pm On Feb 25, 2021
somehow:

You now believe they can buy back their vehicle which is an option? , so what is then the excuse you are making for the man?

And yes, if you have ₦250k within a period of time, you can get your vehicle back before it goes into action. Its like an 'unwritten law' within that department.

Have a nice day.
Did I ever say they can't buy their vehicles back? Show me where please or just shut up! You obviously can't see beyond your nose, and your thought process is limited because I was always talking about the law and how easy it could be to fall into the traps of such draconian measures, does that mean I support people breaking it?
Moreover, for someone who's such a stickler for the rules and see everything in black and white prism as a model citizen, in your second mention quoted hereafter, you shouldn't be advocating for the "unwritten law" in a Government agency. Nonsense!

You see them!

So to say the right thing means passing judgment?

You think we all can't break laws?

This una attitudes won't make this country good at all.

If he mistakenly broke the law, a law-abiding person won't try to run away, but I believe you don't understand that aspect.

It takes a law breaker to want to run away after committing an offense.

yeye dey smell.

1 Like

Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:00pm On Feb 25, 2021
spencekat:
cheesy cheesy grin He is not going to be hanged naaa.
He knows that what is awaiting him is far worse than hanging.
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Iatrogen: 10:04pm On Feb 25, 2021
sunnyside16:
That suv is gone.................LSG will auction it

It would have been gone still if he allowed them catch him easily, the reason the dude wan japa. Those LASTMA guys no geh joy at all, them go pour their frustration your head.

Owning a car in Nigeria is one of the fastest way to get high b.p
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by VaselineCrew: 12:32am On Feb 26, 2021
Olayetan:

Exactly, he doesn’t want his car forfeited but landed in a bigger mess and now his car will be auctioned and he will be charged for resisting arrest...

What he is trying to say is that, everything is connected.

You don't auction off peoples vehicles as first time offenders.
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by Horstin50(m): 12:52am On Feb 26, 2021
What is the police man doing behind the car to begin with? He doesn't like his life, someone might as well help him end it.
SeeHim:
Update From . COM

A video of an erring driver hitting a police officer off the bridge while trying to resist arrest has surfaced online, Reports.

According to the footage Obtained By News Crew, the driver was driving against traffic and was apprehended by security agents which includes LATSMA officials and police officers. In his attempt to flee the scene, the driver in the process hit the police officer who was standing behind his vehicle. The police officer fell off the bridge and into the canal. Thankfully he survived the fall.

The driver became terrified and began to plead for forgiveness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM7Z9_nPk8E
Re: Driver on One-Way Trying To Escape Hits Policeman Off A Bridge (Video) by spencekat(m): 12:14pm On Feb 26, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
He knows that what is awaiting him is far worse than hanging.
Exaggerated! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zamfara Community Pays Condolence Visit To Turji, The Notorious Bandits Kingpin / Girl Bathed With Acid On Her 14th Birthday In Lagos (Photo) / Suspected Killer Of A Lagos Housewife Tells His Stunning Story From A Hideout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.