Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,980 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi (2091 Views)

Igbariam: IPOB Accused Of Killing 19 Fulani People In Anambra (Graphic Photos) / ESN Captures Mohammed Isa, Fulani Bandits' Leader Terrorising Benue- Nnamdi Kanu / How Yoruba Warriors Stopped Fulani From Invading Southern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by Xpol: 2:56pm On Feb 25, 2021
The issue of Fulani people terrorising their host community have started long time before many of us reading this post were born.
My late Dad once told us the story of how Fulani people used to terrorize our village when he was still a young man, then he wasn't living in the village and whenever he came to visit they would be telling him different stories of how it used to happen.
The main reason outsiders will come and terrorize a community is simply because of the weakness of the people living in that community. My father is the type of man who doesn't fear death, he only wished to die doing the right thing, he hate being oppressed.
Each time he heard the story of the attacks he fiercely condemned the act of cowardice displayed by the village men who always ran into the bush and allow Fulani to rape their women and stole their properties.
One day my dad and mum was around, suddenly he said he heard people running and shouting that "won tun ti de ooo" meaning they've come again, when he came out and looked at the upper side of the village he recognized them through their dressing then he entered inside, took a big cutlass, told my mum your husband is likely to die today, that if he didn't come back alive she should name his unborn child so so and so name, before my mum could hold him he's already gone, straight to the direction of the Fulanis that were chasing people.
According to him he didn't know how many they were but he saw a group of three one was holding a local gun and the other two a cutlass each, as he was racing towards them they were stunned and couldn't wait to face him and decided to run, he chased them till they entered the bush then he came back everyone was surprised why he could risk his life like that.He eventually became an hero in the village and that's how Fulani stopped terrorizing our village. What they only did was to block the highway and robbed motorists plying the road at some locations not too far from our village which is still happening till today.
I knew both dad and mum couldn't be deceiving us with such story but I still found it difficult to believe how a man who I knew very well he didn't have any juju, we've never seen anything of such with him could be so brave to chase someone holding gun with just a cutlass. One day I summoned courage and went to the head of the village who is a younger brother to my dad and he corroborated the story.
The moral of this story is that if all of us don't want to die we'll be running away from confronting our common enemies, remember why we run we leave our loved ones behind.
Not all of us have the liver to stand against oppression but what is wrong in supporting those people that have the liver.
Someone like me doesn't have the liver but I'll never condemn a Sunday igboho or ESN that attack and chase criminal herdsmen.
When the Government is not ready to defend or fight for you. Don't fold your harms and die cowardly. Nothing wrong in self defence.
The first thing I was thought at the shooting range while in police college Ikeja was never to hesitate in killing someone I know is about to kill me.
XPOL-A retired police officer and an upcoming artist.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by Rawgold29(m): 4:04pm On Feb 25, 2021
Deep undecided undecided undecided
Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by surgical: 4:18pm On Feb 25, 2021
Only and idiot will not fight for his freedom,it is said cowards die many times before their deaths. the only antidote to this Fulani bullshit is to treat their Bleep,its been done in many places in Africa I think we should take a cue.

1 Like

Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by Kudejo: 4:43pm On Feb 25, 2021
The problem with ESN is not that they are attacking killer herdsmen.

If they want to protect their communities they can register with the FG as local vigilantes but no they decided to aligned themselves with IPOB

And now we have an unregistered militants aligned with a separatist group notorious for its anti-Muslim/anti-fulani stance engaging in conflict with the Army

This is what people condemn
Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by overall90: 5:04pm On Feb 25, 2021
Kudejo:

If they want to protect their communities they can register with the FG as local vigilantes but no they decided to aligned themselves with IPOB

And now we have an unregistered militants aligned with a separatist group notorious for its anti-Muslim/anti-fulani stance engaging in conflict with the Army

Story.
The Amotekun that is registered and established by legislation, how are the fairing in relation to curbing the activities of killer herdsmen.
the thing is that most of you don't like anything igbo, so head or tail, you people will find a way to criticize it.
And for clarification,ESN was never involved with the army because that wasn't the mandate,it was the army that brought themselves into the fray because they were angered at the audacity of ESN in routing out herdsmen from our forests.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by Fahdiga(m): 5:07pm On Feb 25, 2021
Now this is a real man not all this cowards running away to Benin Republic

6 Likes

Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by Kudejo: 5:31pm On Feb 25, 2021
overall90:

Story.
The Amotekun that is registered and established by legislation, how are the fairing in relation to curbing the activities of killer herdsmen.
the thing is that most of you don't like anything igbo, so head or tail, you people will find a way to criticize it.
And for clarification,ESN was never involved with the army because that wasn't the mandate,it was the army that brought themselves into the fray because they were angered at the audacity of ESN in routing out herdsmen from our forests.

People posted video of ESN burning Fulani settlements in Imo but if you protest that it is unfair to attack all Fulani because of the actions of a few they will say you hate igbo and that is why you condemn ESN

They said four military officers were killed by ESN and IPOB members were celebrating but if you protest they will say you hate igbo and that is the only reason you condemn ESN

Nnamdi Kanu asked his follower to riot during EndSARS but if you are against it they will say you hate Igbos and that is why you condemn kanu

I am so tired of you people and your victim mentality

1 Like

Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by overall90: 6:16pm On Feb 25, 2021
Kudejo:

People posted video of ESN burning Fulani settlements in Imo but if you protest that it is unfair to attack all Fulani because of the actions of a few they will say you hate igbo and that is why you condemn ESN

They said four military officers were killed by ESN and IPOB members were celebrating but if you protest they will say you hate igbo and that is the only reason you condemn ESN

Nnamdi Kanu asked his follower to riot during EndSARS but if you are against it they will say you hate Igbos and that is why you condemn kanu

It is now they say, not that you are sure of anything.
you claimed you saw,a video of ESN destroying fulani settlement inside the bush, which they are occupying illegally and from there perpetrate some of the atrocities they are accused of.so how does that translate to attacking ALL fulanis? did you hear that any fulani living in the city was attacked.why is that you people sense of judgement so wack?
There's no four military men that were killed.its all lies and propaganda and damage control.
It's laughable how you lots turned the Endsars protest into a Kanu thing.we all thought this joke will fade away but alas,we are mistaken.
the whole world saw how you lots were formidable during the protests,sharing food, arranged Gen and charging post etc during the protest.you even had your own slogan,#soro soke.and the rioting that started spontaneously by mainly yoruba urchiins because of the shooting is because of Kanu.i just tire for you people.
Just look at the way your country is and when someone tries to point out the ills and injustices, you people start mocking, saying that the person have victim mentality.i am sure the Yewe people who are in IDP camp in Benin republic will not agree with you.

7 Likes

Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by Xpol: 6:54pm On Feb 25, 2021
One thing I hate most in Nigeria is our division, no unity even if ESN is not linked with ipob the online warriors from southwest or other regions won't support them same way the southeast and other regions online warriors won't support Amotekun.we quickly turn every issue to tribal e-fighting and argument. One tribe won't like to partake in anything that will favour another tribe. My tribesmen has done me bad likewise other tribes so I have no favorite tribe mine is to be very very careful when dealing with any Nigerian cos we don't love ourselves we only pretend to.

2 Likes

Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by Xpol: 7:09pm On Feb 25, 2021
Kudejo:

yes ESN should have been formed by the southeast Government just like Amotekun but still if they kill criminal herdsmen terrorising their communities I don't have any problem with that. All these nonsense happening because of the stupid leaders. Fulani herdsmen dare not try all these nonsense in Ghana. Sometimes they tried that and attack the people in some communities the government declared war against them.The president ordered that all their cows be killed and the meet shared to the community members, sent the police and military to flush them out of the forest

4 Likes

Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 25, 2021
Like I always tell people, Foolanis are cowards. If you stand up to them they flee.
Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by CONFAMA: 9:56pm On Feb 25, 2021
overall90:

Story.

Please that thing that you quoted is not Yoruba. Omo ale ni

3 Likes

Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by CONFAMA: 9:58pm On Feb 25, 2021
Fahdiga:
Now this is a real man not all this cowards running away to Benin Republic

If a Yoruba guy should throw his own jab now, some people go dey yarn say southerners are not United. That change of attitude begins with you

2 Likes

Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by CONFAMA: 10:01pm On Feb 25, 2021
Xpol:
One thing I hate most in Nigeria is our division, no unity even if ESN is not linked with ipob the online warriors from southwest or other regions won't support them same way the southeast and other regions online warriors won't support Amotekun.we quickly turn every issue to tribal e-fighting and argument. One tribe won't like to partake in anything that will favour another tribe. My tribesmen has done me bad likewise other tribes so I have no favorite tribe mine is to be very very careful when dealing with any Nigerian cos we don't love ourselves we only pretend to.

Southerners should unite. We all have a common enemy and we need to be united to annihilate them
Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by Kudejo: 10:01pm On Feb 25, 2021
overall90:

It is now they say, not that you are sure of anything.
you claimed you saw,a video of ESN destroying fulani settlement inside the bush, which they are occupying illegally and from there perpetrate some of the atrocities they are accused of.so how does that translate to attacking ALL fulanis? did you hear that any fulani living in the city was attacked.why is that you people sense of judgement so wack?
There's no four military men that were killed.its all lies and propaganda and damage control.
It's laughable how you lots turned the Endsars protest into a Kanu thing.we all thought this joke will fade away but alas,we are mistaken.
the whole world saw how you lots were formidable during the protests,sharing food, arranged Gen and charging post etc during the protest.you even had your own slogan,#soro soke.and the rioting that started spontaneously by mainly yoruba urchiins because of the shooting is because of Kanu.i just tire for you people.
Just look at the way your country is and when someone tries to point out the ills and injustices, you people start mocking, saying that the person have victim mentality.i am sure the Yewe people who are in IDP camp in Benin republic will not agree with you.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/igbo-group-dissociates-self-from-kanus-statement-condemns-attack-on-lagos-monarchs-palace/amp/

1 Like

Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by CONFAMA: 10:02pm On Feb 25, 2021
Xpol:
yes ESN should have been formed by the southeast Government just like Amotekun but still if they kill criminal herdsmen terrorising their communities I don't have any problem with that. All these nonsense happening because of the stupid leaders. Fulani herdsmen dare not try all these nonsense in Ghana. Sometimes they tried that and attack the people in some communities the government declared war against them.The president ordered that all their cows be killed and the meet shared to the community members, sent the police and military to flush them out of the forest

I saw the video. It was a policeman that led the charge and they achieved great success
Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by Xpol: 10:53pm On Feb 25, 2021
CONFAMA:

Southerners should unite. We all have a common enemy and we need to be united to annihilate them
can you imagine how terrorists are being pampered if all these bandits of a thing are happening in southern states and then we'll know how powerful our military is. Northerners don't truly like killing themselves, it's very easy to locate ESN camp in the bush but didn't know where the bandits are but Gumi visits them regularly

4 Likes

Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by Xpol: 10:58pm On Feb 25, 2021
CONFAMA:

I saw the video. It was a policeman that led the charge and they achieved great success
A true Fulani value his cow than a whole community and Buhari own is not an exception so that won't happen in naija

1 Like

Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by hotwax: 11:21pm On Feb 25, 2021
Kudejo:

how do you identify a good fulani...just guide us
Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by Georgekyrian(m): 11:24pm On Feb 25, 2021
Kudejo:

If they want to protect their communities they can register with the FG as local vigilantes but not they decided to aligned themselves with IPOB

Bro see I be Igbo not IPOB, but as long as I'm breathing those boys ESN and IPOB don't need any fvcking registration to your damn country vigilante Bru ha ha... We look up to you people for long time to no avail, now the ESN is here to counter where you Nigeria fail, we support them full time, if you're tired it scared then let us go for good. But if your government can't do that then have in mind that one day we will take it by force and I think the time is now, if you guys hesitate we loose and Nigeria go loose big time. We dey game

1 Like

Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by aminusodiq(m): 11:56pm On Feb 25, 2021
Xpol:
The issue of Fulani people terrorising their host community have started long time before many of us reading this post were born.
My late Dad once told us the story of how Fulani people used to terrorize our village when he was still a young man, then he wasn't living in the village and whenever he came to visit they would be telling him different stories of how it used to happen.
The main reason outsiders will come and terrorize a community is simply because of the weakness of the people living in that community. My father is the type of man who doesn't fear death, he only wished to die doing the right thing, he hate being oppressed.
Each time he heard the story of the attacks he fiercely condemned the act of cowardice displayed by the village men who always ran into the bush and allow Fulani to rape their women and stole their properties.
One day my dad and mum was around, suddenly he said he heard people running and shouting that "won tun ti de ooo" meaning they've come again, when he came out and looked at the upper side of the village he recognized them through their dressing then he entered inside, took a big cutlass, told my mum your husband is likely to die today, that if he didn't come back alive she should name his unborn child so so and so name, before my mum could hold him he's already gone, straight to the direction of the Fulanis that were chasing people.
According to him he didn't know how many they were but he saw a group of three one was holding a local gun and the other two a cutlass each, as he was racing towards them they were stunned and couldn't wait to face him and decided to run, he chased them till they entered the bush then he came back everyone was surprised why he could risk his life like that.He eventually became an hero in the village and that's how Fulani stopped terrorizing our village. What they only did was to block the highway and robbed motorists plying the road at some locations not too far from our village which is still happening till today.
I knew both dad and mum couldn't be deceiving us with such story but I still found it difficult to believe how a man who I knew very well he didn't have any juju, we've never seen anything of such with him could be so brave to chase someone holding gun with just a cutlass. One day I summoned courage and went to the head of the village who is a younger brother to my dad and he corroborated the story.
The moral of this story is that if all of us don't want to die we'll be running away from confronting our common enemies, remember why we run we leave our loved ones behind.
Not all of us have the liver to stand against oppression but what is wrong in supporting those people that have the liver.
Someone like me doesn't have the liver but I'll never condemn a Sunday igboho or ESN that attack and chase criminal herdsmen.
When the Government is not ready to defend or fight for you. Don't fold your harms and die cowardly. Nothing wrong in self defence.
The first thing I was thought at the shooting range while in police college Ikeja was never to hesitate in killing someone I know is about to kill me.
XPOL-A retired police officer and an upcoming artist.
an ex police I for swear for u... but may posterity judge you.

1 Like

Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by Xpol: 4:46am On Feb 26, 2021
aminusodiq:
an ex police I for swear for u... but may posterity judge you.
lol but my conscience is 100% clean I've never involved myself in any of those things you might be thinking of

1 Like

Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by Xpol: 4:56am On Feb 26, 2021
hotwax:

how do you identify a good fulani...just guide us
a very good question and when someone gets that good Fulani he should try chasing his cows from destroying his farm and watch what happens next

2 Likes

Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by Nobody: 4:57am On Feb 26, 2021
Xpol your father get Jarz, even if na Ẹ̀rù dey hin body. Mind you many jarz go dey your own body sef wey u no know. Where are you guys from?
Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:08am On Feb 26, 2021
Op. I want to believe this your story na fable because if it's not, your dad took an unnecessary risk. There are many ways to skin a dog but sticking your hand in its mouth isn't one of them. I bet if it were to be today's herdsmen, your father would probably not survive that encounter.
A better alternative would have been to organise a local vigilante group and find out where they usually attack from then prepare towards when next they come. Facing people with guns with just a cutlass is not really a good idea especially if you've seen these guys before. They look real bloodthirsty and I kid you not.
Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:14am On Feb 26, 2021
Kudejo:

Bro stop dis nonsense. The amotekun that was duly formed was resisted by fg yet you say people should register with this Buhari fg as vigilante as if that will ever happen. You don't need to oppose everything that comes from the East. Igbos are not our problem in this country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by ariesbull: 6:14am On Feb 26, 2021
Kudejo:

You must be a yoruba man .... Are you writing from Iwo refugee or benin republic refugee

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by aminusodiq(m): 7:16am On Feb 26, 2021
Xpol:
lol but my conscience is 100% clean I've never involved myself in any of those things you might be thinking of
happy for you, may your Good deeds pray for you. May God forgive you of the bads
Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by Xpol: 8:16am On Feb 26, 2021
aminusodiq:
happy for you, may your Good deeds pray for you. May God forgive you of the bads
Amen and you too
Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by Xpol: 8:44am On Feb 26, 2021
Agboriotejoye:
Op. I want to believe this your story na fable because if it's not, your dad took an unnecessary risk. There are many ways to skin a dog but sticking your hand in its mouth isn't one of them. I bet if it were to be today's herdsmen, your father would probably not survive that encounter.
A better alternative would have been to organise a local vigilante group and find out where they usually attack from then prepare towards when next they come. Facing people with guns with just a cutlass is not really a good idea especially if you've seen these guys before. They look real bloodthirsty and I kid you not.
I told my dad maybe no more bullet in the gun cos those type of gun need to be reloaded after you fire a shot but calling it fable is a NO NO if this man is angry he didn't think of the consequence and he hardly regret his actions. Nobody dare beat his children in the school be you Teacher or senior students, I still remember when a teacher beat my helder sister and blood came out of her body. My father beat the teacher and the principal who supported him, lol and gave them warning that nextime he'll come with cutlass.My father used to tell us that whether you're violent or gentle one day you'll die. Till today my mum still used to thank God non of us take his stubbornness

1 Like

Re: How My Father Single-handedly Stopped Fulani People That Were Terrorising Our Vi by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:45am On Feb 26, 2021
Kudejo:

Whether you form your security on the moon the fulani will complain,
Their latest is Niger state Vigilantes,
You better stop deceiving yourself

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exposed: Why FG Decided To Put Nigerian Businesses Under Lockdown / Buhari Aka El-buhari King Of Suffering And Famine(photos) / World Bank Says 50% Of Nigerian Youths Want To Leave The Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.