Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Law Enforcement Officers Zeal To Their Job: Greed Or Diligence - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Law Enforcement Officers Zeal To Their Job: Greed Or Diligence (155 Views)

Sanwo-olu Approves Body Cam For Law Enforcement Officers / Sen. Ifeanyi Ubah Reassures Anambra South Of His Zeal To Revitalize Its Economy / Cooperative Collectors/agents Now Have A Mobile App That Makes Their Job Easy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Law Enforcement Officers Zeal To Their Job: Greed Or Diligence by abuabdrahman(m): 6:01pm On Feb 25, 2021
Law Enforcement Officers: Greed or Diligence

Many atimes we see police, LASTMA,KAI,Road safety etc showing so much commitment to their jobs as though it's a lifeline, but come to think of it ,is it the love of this job that makes them so active or some thing else.

Naturally a doctor who is diligent at his work understands the rudiments of what he is doing ,knows when to refer a patients to a higher medical facility for procedures that are beyond his or her capacity and will not hold on the patient because of money same as a some professions .
They know when to leave financial gains aside and follow the dictates of their profession.

Safety is part of the training given to traffic officers and in no time should a sane mind compromise his safety for task, but No, a LASTMA or "Road Safety" official will hang on to your bonnet risking his own life for a "bribe".

In a safety program, Enforcement is the last line of action after Education and Enlightenment .
It's so pathetic how some enforcement officer loose their life because of greed,many of them leave way above salary because they milk road users ,atimes they deceive commuters to one way and then arrest them ahead and will deny at the end of the day.
The jobs comes with lots of Hazards but they added greed as a catalyst for probability that the hazard leads to an accident .

They look away when public transport (Vanagaon etc) violates traffic rules but chase private vehicles as though different rules applies to both entities, reason being that they have stakes in most this Danfo

I had an experience whereby I had fuel in my trunk (boot) and I heard gbum! The Jerry can fell in the trunk, I pulled over to lift it up back, as I was about closing the trunk ,they blocked my vehicle and seized the vehicle for parking on the road, I explained to them with all obvious evidence, mhen they just looked away ,took my car away to the LASTMA yard, it was  "one garage chairman" who just spoke to the officers  that I got my car free of charge.

As much I will not encourage violation of traffic rules ,the traffic officers too needs to watch the intent of their actions, are they doing their job diligently or just exploiting road users.

Dear Enforcement officers,
The truth is the people are angry and will just be waiting for a day you will need a favour from them or a day they will try one charm on you or crush you to an injury or death or at least curse the hell out of your generation... either of this is not a good news to your family and loved ones.

Do your job diligently
Do it with integrity
Fear the God in all your disposition.

What will meet you cannot miss you and what will miss you could not have met you.

Azeez Sulaiman

(1) (Reply)

Explore The Useful Features Of 20 Litre Drum Pump / Scape From Murder By Samuel Ehiniwenma / Aau Student Lost Her Life In An Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.