Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,808 members, 7,820,833 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Can A None Catholic Go To Confession? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A None Catholic Go To Confession? (182 Views)

Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) / Stephanie Otobo "Apostle Suleman Told Me To Make False Confession Against FG" / Stephanie Otobo’s Lawyer Speaks On Her Confession Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can A None Catholic Go To Confession? by Polynek(m): 7:13pm On Feb 25, 2021
Good day my fellow Christians, Am a Catholic, but I want to know if a none Catholic can go to confession to a Catholic priest? Or someone who haven't received the Holy communion in the Catholic Church go to confession? pls my fellow Catholic educate me.
Re: Can A None Catholic Go To Confession? by Emary(f): 9:25pm On Feb 25, 2021
Any baptized Christian may go to a Catholic priest for confession - or any Catholic minister for spiritual advice or pastoral counseling - anytime. ... For sacramental absolution, any Christian belonging to another church with valid sacraments (mainly Orthodox churches) is welcome anytime as long as it is of their own free will. You must be in the Church or have a desire to be in the Church to participate in the Church's sacramental life.

An unbaptized person cannot receive valid absolution from a priest. Likewise, a baptized Protestant cannot receive valid absolution unless they are in danger of death. This is because the sacrament of reconciliation/confession restores one to a state immediately after baptism.
Re: Can A None Catholic Go To Confession? by Kobojunkie: 5:40pm On Mar 05, 2021
Polynek:
Good day my fellow Christians, Am a Catholic, but I want to know if a none Catholic can go to confession to a Catholic priest? Or someone who haven't received the Holy communion in the Catholic Church go to confession? pls my fellow Catholic educate me.
Why not confess directly to the one whom you have sinned against, as Jesus Christ commanded you to? undecided
What is the essence of confessing your sins to a total stranger when what you ought instead to seek forgiveness from the one you have wronged for God to on fact forgive you? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Mysterious Things Happen At This Time / Pastor Joseph Prince Sermon – The Secret To A Joyful Heart / How Does She Tell Her Muslim Parents About Her Christian Boyfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.