Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,578 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools (21595 Views)

Photos Of Kids In Public Schools In Different Countries Eating Lunch / New Look Of Public Schools In Borno State / Decay In Public Schools In Akwa Ibom (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by symbianDON(m): 8:12am On Feb 26, 2021
Nwodosis:
It baffles me that the Moslems are fighting to attend Chritain schools instead of Islamic schools? You want to adhere to your religious code of dressing and you left your own religious school?
I tire o!
Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by oloyedewaris(m): 8:13am On Feb 26, 2021
Donspicey:
While Alhikmah university that i attended made hijab and Arabic Studies compulsory for Xtians....

I SMH.....
Is it a public or private school
Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by Donspicey: 8:14am On Feb 26, 2021
Washere:
just as foolish as you are , who told you Jesus brought any religion to a man? Where in the Bible please? Tell us the verse. You are just a fool and illiterate , a Christianity was established by Paul and has never been with Jesus even for once..go on research, find out what the origin of word christian is then come back and tell us the results. Foolish flatheadead baby factory product. Olodo

Lolsss....

You dey quick vex bro.....

He never said christ brought Religion to mankind....

Read his post again,u re both on same page...
Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by gaskiyamagana: 8:15am On Feb 26, 2021
joefelin2345:
It is a simple matter. Release the schools back to the owners if they are willing to take back. Let the Govt keep its grants. Shikena.

Let competent law court asked government to do so. In order words, the ten schools and others should go to court to pray for re collection of their school.
Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by Donspicey: 8:16am On Feb 26, 2021
oloyedewaris:
Is it a public or private school

You know already....
Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by AHCB: 8:17am On Feb 26, 2021
tsephanyah:
If you are a Muslims, you already know what to do with this comment, whatever your tribe is. This people want War. Stay angry don't forget. We've never insulted their religion. Fulani herdsmens and farmers conflict is not about religion. Those herdsmens don't even practice the religion. But what do they do? they come here and insult our religion. Insult our prophet. Kill innocent Hausa people burn their property. While we stay peaceful, they continue atrocities against us.
I assure you my Muslim Brothers the day of atonement is now. My Muslim brothers if you want to know who is behind this comment, they're igbos.
please you guys shouldn't act all innocent. We all know you're very far from it.

It's the same northerners who protested, kill and maimed people in the north when a miss world contest was secluded to he held in Nigeria.

It's the same northerners. (Moslems) who still impose Sharia law on Christians and ban them from drinking alcohol in public in Northern Moslems states.

It's the same northerners (moslems) who created the Hisbah police to hunt Christians and those who consume alcohol.

It's the same northerners (moslems) who have a bloody reputation of protesting and declaring fatwa on Nigerians whenever they feel their religion or prophet is insulted.

So please, spare us this self righteous comment of yours. It makes you look like a bloody hypocrite.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by bigfish3k: 8:18am On Feb 26, 2021
tamdun:

I don't care about the reason they wear it, the question is why can a Catholic woman put on a veil but Muslim cannot?
Kwara state govt did not deny xtians their rights so why should a Muslim be denied her rights?
Hey... Religion of low IQ
The society is divided into stratas

So you pretend to know that there are different dressings for different occasions.
You can't wear a religious wear to school and school uniform to mosque/church
Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by compton11(m): 8:18am On Feb 26, 2021
Nwodosis:
It baffles me that the Moslems are fighting to attend Chritain schools instead of Islamic schools? You want to adhere to your religious code of dressing and you left your own religious school?
nigga STFU.

govt pays the salary of the school not missionary
Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by tamdun: 8:18am On Feb 26, 2021
Aremson14:
Most people making comments on Nairaland especially on things like this, go and find out they know nothing about Kwara. They don't even know where Kwara is.
Islam came to yoruba land even before usman Dan fodio , stop disgracing yourself

1 Like

Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by compton11(m): 8:18am On Feb 26, 2021
Optional09:
Utmandan Fodio and Mohammed must really cooling off with 72 virgins.
and?
Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by compton11(m): 8:19am On Feb 26, 2021
Yankee101:
Crazy religious bigots
mumu how are they religious bigots?
Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by TroubleMaker47(m): 8:20am On Feb 26, 2021
Nwodosis:
The mission schools should wholly fund their schools and refuse government grants!
As a Christian i see the act as hypocrisy on the part of mission schools and failure of the entire Christian leadership, they spend church funds buying cars, jets and luxury properties instead of funding the mission schools to make them independent.
The grants was their undoing.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by Wasky101: 8:20am On Feb 26, 2021
balebrown19:

Islamization
Are u usually this stupid or you didn't read the write up?
Let me break it down for you
This school's were set up by missionaries and handed over to the govt in the 70's
That automatically makes them circular schools. Why will one religion then want to claim superiority over another.
There are other Christian schools in ilorin that this does not affect because they do not take funds from the govt.
There are also Muslim public schools that do not mandate pupils to wear hijab.
Do u think this is islamization?
If yes them you are stupid and also on one of your best days

4 Likes

Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by yusluvad(m): 8:21am On Feb 26, 2021
Religion has been taking Nigeria back to 3 Centuries ago...
Na wa ooo....
Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by MrIcredible: 8:21am On Feb 26, 2021
Khaleepha5681:

Let them bro

We Muslims dare not insulting hazrat Isah;the prophet Jesus,may Allah's peace be upon him

But these southerners, more especially the Igbo Christians cannot breathe without insulting the Muslim southerners.

But to avoid I can just say,not all of them though

Nigeria is one,and shall remain one for eternity
That's true
Prophet isah is our noble prophet too. It'll be a sin if ridicule him.
By the way, I'm not in complete support of one-nigeria. It's not a must that we all live in the same country.
Europe has over 50 countries and it's relatively peaceful.
If dividing this country will let everyone have peace and time to develop themselves, I'm in full support of division.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by eejo(m): 8:21am On Feb 26, 2021
tsephanyah:
If you are a Muslims, you already know what to do with this comment, whatever your tribe is. This people want War. Stay angry don't forget. We've never insulted their religion. Fulani herdsmens and farmers conflict is not about religion. Those herdsmens don't even practice the religion. But what do they do? they come here and insult our religion. Insult our prophet. Kill innocent Hausa people burn their property. While we stay peaceful, they continue atrocities against us.
I assure you my Muslim Brothers the day of atonement is now. My Muslim brothers if you want to know who is behind this comment, they're igbos.
How do you know the comment is from an Igbo person. Any war against the Igbos will divide Nigeria and Northern Nigeria will be in poverty. When we all get to heaven, Nigerians will be surprise that they were fighting in vain for religion.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by oloyedewaris(m): 8:22am On Feb 26, 2021
OfficialGaGa:
Religion of piss
Pained he-goat
Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by bigfish3k: 8:23am On Feb 26, 2021
joefelin2345:
Ogbeni, Govt forcefully took over those schools from the missions in 1974. I was at Baptist College, Iwo Mission at that time and we knew the havoc that Gen Gowon Administration did to the mission schools then. That is y some of us refused to buy into ....Nigeria prays ...project that he is now championing.
Let government return it if it can't adhere to its basic rules
Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by ALISMILE(m): 8:23am On Feb 26, 2021
bigfish3k:

You are talking about government here as if it is Islamic religiously inclined

Because it is government that is the more reason it should be neutral
And the government is neutral by using tax payers money to find Christian religiously inclined school?

You people are just being hypocritical
Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by oloyedewaris(m): 8:24am On Feb 26, 2021
bigpicture001:

Honestly Moslems is meant for trouble....com to Europe despise Saudi Arabia and Iran and went to court that you must be wearing hijab on the Beach, let's human right is violated

Trouble religion
And have you been to Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar
Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by oloyedewaris(m): 8:24am On Feb 26, 2021
TreasureJunky:
Very soon they will turn public schools to mosques. Not setting priorities right is a very bad thing.
That's the problem with this stupid government, they religionise everything
Because of a piece of clothing used to cover head

1 Like

Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by Wasky101: 8:25am On Feb 26, 2021
TroubleMaker47:

The mission schools should wholly fund their schools and refuse government grants!
As a Christian i see the act as hypocrisy on the part of mission schools and failure of the entire Christian leadership, they spend church funds buying cars, jets and luxury properties instead of funding the mission schools to make them independent.
The grants was their undoing.
Dont mind this lots they leave the most important things and start chasing after irrelevant things.
Are there not Christian schools in ilorin that this does not affect.
In fact I blame the govt, if the govt funds a public school in a state with 2 main religions, the head of the institution should have always been appointed by merit from the education ministry which in no doubt would have produced a Muslim principal.
Maybe that would have made CAN sit up to fund them schools over buying of jets, cars and luxuries

1 Like

Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by crafteck(m): 8:25am On Feb 26, 2021
tsephanyah:

Violence as usual, if na traditional you de fight for now its understandable, but imported religion.... Calm down

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by oloyedewaris(m): 8:25am On Feb 26, 2021
HopeVictor:
Is wearing of hijab our problem in this country?
Is not a problem but it wants to cause a problem, so it has to be fixed
Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by tamdun: 8:25am On Feb 26, 2021
Udom and umahi can build church with public money, no wahala, akeredolu demolished ansarudeen sch in ondo, no wahala, wike declared that rivers is xtian state, no noise but a government in a state with majority Muslims gave Muslims their fundamental rights, every body dey complain

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by oloyedewaris(m): 8:27am On Feb 26, 2021
BIGDADDY000:

no my brother, dont you understand their plan? THEY WANT TO DOMINATE EVERYTHING,
THIER INTENTION WAS TO HIJACK THE MISSIONARIES SCHOOL AND EVERYTHING
THEY TRY IT AT OYO STATE BUT IT DIDNT WORK , especially UI model school.
I KNOW GOD WILL FIGHT FOR CHRISTIAN IN THIS END TIME
By allowing hijab which your Catholic sisters also wear
Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by ransomed: 8:28am On Feb 26, 2021
Christian students should put on their choir robes to school as well to balance the equation. Let no one kill or destroy properties because of this diversionary tactics of politicians.
Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by bigfish3k: 8:29am On Feb 26, 2021
ALISMILE:
And the government is neutral by using tax payers money to find Christian religiously inclined school?

You people are just being hypocritical
Did they ask government for support?
Its on government volition to support and shouldn't use that to destroy the school

Weren't Muslim schools taken over by government too. Why are Christians not wearing white garment clothes to them.

That is why I love what osun state Christians did did to aregbesola... They started wearing their white garments to school too.
Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by tamdun: 8:29am On Feb 26, 2021
bigfish3k:

Hey... Religion of low IQ
The society is divided into stratas

So you pretend to know that there are different dressings for different occasions.
You can't wear a religious wear to school and school uniform to mosque/church
U r the low IQ here, have u given 10% of ur wealth to ur pastors this month? Or don't u want him to flex with ur money, fools won't even read their bible but what their pastor said

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by Numerouno94(m): 8:30am On Feb 26, 2021
Flackoo:
Maybe the governor was on sabbatical all those times Christians have to run from pillar to post just to include farouq, jimoh, bello, sherifat in their names before they can be considered for admission in Kwasu and Unilorin but now he can enforce lame rules and regulations just to frustrate Christianity in that state.Maybe by next year he will ask them to demolish all chapels in those schools and replace them with world class mosques.

Wasn't the almajiri child begging system the order of the day in Ilorin before the advent of these missionary schools?.

To me, Kwara people should rather be busy having serious afternoon and midnight schemings and permutations about liberating their land from the grimp of Fulani caliphate that have held them captives for centuries rather than victimising Christians institutions up and down.

Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by oloyedewaris(m): 8:30am On Feb 26, 2021
Arcbim:
Kwara state government is looking for religious troubles because some schools are own and created by body of faith before been handed over to the government and now government want schools like St Barnabas to be wearing hijab Kai that not fair.
During those British missionary timet, hijab was allowed, it's nowadays Christians that take everything personal
Re: Kwara Approves Wearing Of Hijab In Public Schools by oloyedewaris(m): 8:31am On Feb 26, 2021
Jungleluv5:
Kwara government is sick seriously but there are many Islamic schools now why not going there. Okay me too will be going to school my Christian robe too
Use your head bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Top 10 Outdated And/or Made-up Words In Nigerian English / School’s Protocol, Poor Facilities Kill Uniben 300-level Student (photos) / JAMB 2014/2015 Admission Status To Be Available Online Next Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.