Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Rivers Woos Militants With 1 Million Naira Each - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Woos Militants With 1 Million Naira Each (2580 Views)

Poll: How do you feel about the governments offer to pay millions to militants?

I support it: 19% (4 votes)
I don't support it: 80% (17 votes)
This poll has ended

Three Men Beheaded By ISIS Militants With Sword For Being HOMOS3XUALS(PHOTOS) / PDP Buying PVCs For 10,000 Naira Each - Says APC / Jonathan’s Re-election: Presidency Lobbies Former Militants With Oil Contracts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers Woos Militants With 1 Million Naira Each by Backslider(m): 4:36pm On Jul 09, 2007
I read through this thread and I see the overly dramatic pessimistic disillusioned Nigerian (tho with the humour added) we cannot solve our problem by throwing blames we must have a problem solving attitude. Let the hatred stop we must smile and be happy because there is hope for us. Our rulers are not angels we must help.

Just take a look at the whole site find at the attitude of Nigerians you will see that we are very much on the critique side and not the problem solving. We must dream solution no matter how stupid that may seem now Even if you don't like Yaradua have a problem solving attitude it will help you and other.

We think we are the only one that have problems in the world. Please our attitude should change if you have any other way can we solve the problem you put it out there even if they will not HEAR. Let is be on record dont let your pessimism be on road you will destroy the Optimism of the Kids when they stumble on this writings statement
Re: Rivers Woos Militants With 1 Million Naira Each by Everbright(f): 5:08pm On Jul 09, 2007
supprt my feet!
They should go and ook for what to do to earn money
Let them stop hiding under the cover of blackmail to extot money both from the government and from individuals
Louzy generation angry
Re: Rivers Woos Militants With 1 Million Naira Each by babadee(m): 6:12pm On Jul 09, 2007
this is the dumbest solution the the nigerdelta crisis i've ever heard!
Re: Rivers Woos Militants With 1 Million Naira Each by denex: 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2007
@Backslider

it is not fair O! I proffered a solution. I called for total extermination of the terrorists.
Re: Rivers Woos Militants With 1 Million Naira Each by charlisco(m): 6:58pm On Jul 09, 2007
We call this kind of offer trap. let see how effective it will be later on
Re: Rivers Woos Militants With 1 Million Naira Each by Ollie39: 7:46pm On Jul 09, 2007
This is a very dumb idea. Who said they will lay down arms if given the money?
Re: Rivers Woos Militants With 1 Million Naira Each by MP007(m): 10:03pm On Jul 09, 2007
who ever suggested the idea of giving money to local terrorist is an idot, what in the world is the military there for? who dares do that in the us or other sensible nations, this is just unbelievable.
Re: Rivers Woos Militants With 1 Million Naira Each by naijaway(m): 12:29am On Jul 10, 2007
the most stupid idea of solving this problem. Instead of fingerprinting everyone in the nation and IDing everyone with some type of sensor especially in the troubled area and making it a crime to not participate in the national finger printing and ID, these people is trying to pay them just so that they can tell the president that they are so so number of people and then they pocket the rest. I hope they get ready for a new wave of terror cuz they seem to be inviting it. If its not armed robbery, its cultism, religion, tribes, jealousy, greed, bribery, and now kidnapping and maiming of innocent people who want to use their creativity to develop a place. Most times am scared that Nigeria is fast forwarding down the drain but I pray that God takes absolute control.
Nigeria, with this attitude of ignorance, unaccountability, lack of maintenance, less patriotic visonaries, and massive stupidity( sad to say), looks like the generation next and the next after or say those that make it to 2100 and later will have to be ones building the basics of everything and even if it were built, they will be held hostage for another 100 or more years just because of the stupidity and greed of the current and the generation right behind.
Re: Rivers Woos Militants With 1 Million Naira Each by vigasimple(m): 2:08am On Jul 10, 2007
TO: BACKSLIDER

TALKING ABOUT SOLUTIONS

it appears he is not reading what I and some others have said on this thread, off course the criticism is about how daft to pay armed bandit 'bribes' to get them to do what is illegal and criminal act in the first place thereby rewarding crime and encouraging law abiding citizen of either the niger delta and beyond that crime pays.

The solution I for one offers is that the govt should assume that there is 1000 'militant, armed banditt, rogues' etc in each local govt. so govt invest 1billion each rather than given 1000 people 1 million each.

That sum 1 billion will go along way to alleviate , if not solve dramatically the problem of the people.

In the end, good leadership will get on with the work of looking after the country and not bow to armed bandits

May God continue to be with our country Nigeria and grant her favours
Re: Rivers Woos Militants With 1 Million Naira Each by vanunu: 8:10am On Jul 10, 2007
No body is giving the militants one milion naira. The 100 million naira that the rivers state government is giving out to 100 youths, is for school to land programme, this is to enable them to start their own agro business after they have completed their training.

Pease you people should first verify your information first.

Militancy in the Niger Delta will continue and will not stop, so long as there are gas burning, that keeps the inhabitants in perpetual daylight, unrestrained polution of the environment by the oil companies, booth licking buy nigerians and nairaland members, unaccountability and total corruption by the Nigerian government.

Nigeria is a good example of Aristotle's 'pig state' .
Re: Rivers Woos Militants With 1 Million Naira Each by simmy(m): 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2007
@ above
how do u know?
are u a government official?
if u are, how come u havent given me my 1million?
if u give me tommorow i promise to split it 70/30 with u ok?
Re: Rivers Woos Militants With 1 Million Naira Each by bobsege: 2:20am On Jul 11, 2007
cheesy cheesy OMO MEN NA REAL AND NICE JOB THEM DEY DO JO, WHY WILL THAT STATE AMONG NIGERIA STATE WILL BE SUFERING FROM SOME THING GOOD, I NO SEE DIFFRENT FROM THIS WORK AND FRAUD SELF,

BOB

(1) (2) (Reply)

Emeagwali; His American Life And African Brain Drain / Appeal Court Voids Omisore's Election. / Venezuelan Ambassador Says Nigeria Is A Goldmine For Genuine Investors:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.