Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,486 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy (1772 Views)

Governor Ododo Committed Criminal Offence By Aiding Yahaya Bello’s Escape -Sagay / List Of Lagos State Traffic Offence And Fines / CHEI!!! This Hausa Girl Is Rotten. Who Is This? Who Sabi Speak Hausa Abeg? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by AlexBells(m): 9:54am On Feb 26, 2021
Few minutes ago, this Hausa guy that used to do some job for us here in Enugu, so he did a job for me #250, I had #500 so I needed change, I decided to go buy soap in the shop just a pole away from my house, on getting there the lady that owns the shop was coming back so the teenage girl selling for the woman asked "Auntie O Ginwa ka onye Awusa na eche (Auntie are you the one the Hausa man is waiting for).

The woman turned back in surprise and said Onye Awusakwa (Exlaimed an Hausa person !), before I spoke out that he is waiting for me, the Hausa Man had called her Nyamiri) meanwhile I speak just a few Hausa like Yaya Kaki, Yaya Aiki, Senu, etc.

So the woman asked me what he said, I laughed it off and told her it nothing serious but it not Hausa it is Igbo, I asked the Hausa man, why are you calling her Nyamiri, he felt a little shocked and asked if I knew what it means, I said yes, the woman protested a little that I tell her what it means, I said don't worry nothing much in that.

Though when he left I told the lady what it means and she said why didn't I tell her when he was still there actually, I didn't want such issue to get out of hand, but still should I be offended or I should just let it slide, even if he could have said that to me, I could understand but why the innocent lady and this is AlaIgbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 26, 2021
No don't let it slide
Be offended
Carry bottle
Call like 10 armed boys
Go to him
Beat him and burn him to ashes
Then go back home and have a nice cup of coffee
While you watch the ripple effect.
angry

2 Likes

Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by BigSarah(f): 10:01am On Feb 26, 2021
And you had to bring it here, the place where tribalistic comments is praised.

1 Like

Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by AlexBells(m): 10:02am On Feb 26, 2021
MejiLoyon:
No don't let it slide
Be offended
Carry bottle
I'm looking for Sensible and mature contributions becuase you don't know how the woman reacted to that, we laugh atimes, I can just call the Hausa guy next time he comes around to give him a few words on not using offensive words on people he has no business with, it just that he is someone I exchange pleasantries with sometimes, I don't make threats but he and others should learn how to speak to others

1 Like

Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by PureMe01: 10:03am On Feb 26, 2021
MejiLoyon:
No don't let it slide
Be offended
Carry bottle
Call like 10 armed boys
Go to him
Beat him and burn him to ashes
Then go back home and have a nice cup of coffee
While you watch the ripple effect.
angry
try using an offensive term in the north against an Hausa/Fulani & they unfortunately the decipher the meaning,then come back to ask this question again.

3 Likes

Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 26, 2021
All is saw was this.

The woman also had a bias against hausa people.

When the hausa man saw the bias, he reacted angrily by calling her that name.

Good that you reduced the tension. If i was in your shoes, i wont tell her anything because the next time, the hausa man comes, it might lead to fight.

1 Like

Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by Nobody: 10:08am On Feb 26, 2021
AlexBells:

I'm looking for Sensible and mature contributions becuase you don't know how the woman reacted to that, we laugh atimes, I can just call the Hausa guy next time he comes around to give him a few words on not using offensive words on people he has no business with, it just that he is someone I exchange pleasantries with sometimes, I don't make threats but he and others should learn how to speak to others
Sorry sir...your sensible and mature being brought an issue that you shouldn't even think twice online for what exactly?

Your sensible self if I had asked you to ignore would have argued as seen above from a comment. Now I said beat him you still argued. What exactly do you want? Sing you a lullaby?If I had read your signature I would have ran out of the thread immediately. Sorry sir. Do anything you want

1 Like

Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by AlexBells(m): 10:09am On Feb 26, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
All is saw was this.

The woman also had a bias against hausa people
She was surprised, that an Hausa was standing right behind her when she did not in any way have any encounter, actually the woman thought the Hausa man said something like how are you doing, etc, the woman have no thought premeditated whatever happened was impulse and it all within a few seconds

1 Like

Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by smatt1711: 10:10am On Feb 26, 2021
AlexBells:

Aboki and Nyamiri is not the same thing, Nyamiri is outright offensive and paints a horrific and bloody picture, like I said, I just wish to let it seem as Accidental, because and Oh, he spoke it to me, it just like making jokes of the holocaust to a jew, that's enough threat if you don't know
you are misguided , they both mean the same thing, the Hausa when they came down to east the 1st word they used was Aboki( meaning my friend) the igbos when they 1st went to North due to scarcity of water there the 1st word they used was Nym miri ( myamiri) give me water , now you understand ... so Hausa now refer to us as Myamiri why we refer them as Aboki

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by AlexBells(m): 10:13am On Feb 26, 2021
MejiLoyon:

Sorry sir...your sensible and mature being brought an issue that you shouldn't even think twice online for what exactly?

Your sensible self if I had asked you to ignore would have argued. Now I said beat him you still argued. If I had read your signature I would have ran out of the thread immediately. Sorry sir. Do anything you want
If you are reasonable enough, you should know that the issue had not finished, otherwise I won't bring it here, I told you he is someone I exchange pleasantries with, some we call to do jobs for us, if there is need to deal with him it should be silent, so what are you saying, should we press a bloody justice for the 1945 Massacre of the Igbos in the North and he has the temerity to rekindle that feeling in AlaIgbo
Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 26, 2021
AlexBells:

She was surprised, that an Hausa was standing right behind her when she did not in any way have any encounter, actually the woman thought the Hausa man said something like how are you doing, etc, the woman have no thought premeditated whatever happened was impulse and it all within a few seconds

The reality is this tension in the country is creating deep hatred on a particular group that is making some group to react aggressively.

If pidgin was spoken, all these wont have been an issue.

There are many instances were people spoke their dialects so that people wont know when they are abusing others.

The hausa man reacted in a defensive way as any other person will do that is because of her reaction and body language when she reacted to the girl reply.. He might have been rude but then i think that is a normal reaction of people when they dont understand what other people are saying.
Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by AlexBells(m): 10:17am On Feb 26, 2021
smatt1711:
you are misguided , they both mean the same thing, the Hausa when they came down to east the 1st word they used was Aboki( meaning my friend) the igbos when they 1st went to North due to scarcity of water there the 1st word they used was Nym miri ( myamiri) give me water , now you understand ... so Hausa now refer to us as Myamiri why we refer them as Aboki
I don't know if you are Igbo but let me tell you a bit of the origin of that word, it was 1945, the First massacre of Igbos in the North, some Igbos ran to the palaces and other places for safety, some where begging for water but they killed them instead, your narrative is not in line, how could an Igbo going to the North go and realise there is no water then started saying Nyem Mmiri, does the Igbos look like people who would beg on a good day, if there is no water they find it was the near death thirst that we talking here.

8 Likes

Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by AlexBells(m): 10:21am On Feb 26, 2021
BigSarah:
And you had to bring it here, the place where tribalistic comments is praised.
This is the only place I could get unbiased views, if I discussed this in an Igbo space, we should be devising a plan to treat his tap water mouth by now,
Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by AlexBells(m): 10:24am On Feb 26, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

The reality is this tension in the country is creating deep hatred on a particular group that is making some group to react aggressively.

If pidgin was spoken, all these wont have been an issue.

There are many instances were people spoke their dialects so that people wont know when they are abusing others.

The hausa man reacted in a defensive way as any other person will do that is because of her reaction and body language when she reacted to the girl reply.. He might have been rude but then i think that is a normal reaction of people when they dont understand what other people are saying.
Well let me just assume that it is all the tense reality but I will still give him a few talks next time he is around, even if an Hausa spoke in Hausa dialect in the North, is that enough reason for an Igbo to call him Ewu na Ebeakwa
Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:25am On Feb 26, 2021
OP I don't understand you. You mean an Igbo woman is asking you for the meaning of Nyammiri. Is Nyammiri not an Igbo word?
Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by AlexBells(m): 10:28am On Feb 26, 2021
Agboriotejoye:
OP I don't understand you. You mean an Igbo woman is asking you for the meaning of Nyammiri. Is Nyammiri not an Igbo word?
How many Igbos knows the word Nyammiri in the context it is being used, Nyammiri is the corruption of the sentence Nyem Mmiri, it would be hard for native Igbo speaker to understand it especially when pronounced with Hausa intonation,
Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:36am On Feb 26, 2021
AlexBells:

How many Igbos knows the word Nyammiri in the context it is being used, Nyammiri is the corruption of the sentence Nyem Mmiri, it would be hard for native Igbo speaker to understand it especially when pronounced with Hausa intonation,

I doubt a lot of Igbos don't understand the context. But that's besides my point. What i'm saying is she should understand what he means ordinarily without the tribal slur involved. So asking you for the meaning of an Igbo word means she expects it to mean something outside the ordinary meaning. That's my point

1 Like

Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by AlexBells(m): 10:39am On Feb 26, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

I doubt a lot of Igbos don't understand the context. But that's besides my point. What i'm saying is she should understand what he means ordinarily without the tribal slur involved. So asking you for the meaning of an Igbo word means she expects it to mean something outside the ordinary meaning. That's my point
She asked following my reaction becuase I was offended and asked the Hausa man, why are you calling her Nyamiri, and he asked me you know the meaning that's when the woman picked interest in knowing the meaning, if I did not react we could have all laughed it off and move on
Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:43am On Feb 26, 2021
AlexBells:

She asked following my reaction becuase I was offended and asked the Hausa man, why are you calling her Nyamiri, and he asked me you know the meaning that's when the woman picked interest in knowing the meaning, if I did not react we could have all laughed it off and move on

That's what i'm saying. She should know the ordinary meaning and your reaction should have suggested to her that it means something outside what it ordinarily means. At least an average Igbo person will know he's talking about water and giving so I don't see how he'll expect you guys to not know what your language means

1 Like

Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by AlexBells(m): 10:48am On Feb 26, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

That's what i'm saying. She should know the ordinary meaning and your reaction should have suggested to her that it means something outside what it ordinarily means. At least an average Igbo person will know he's talking about water and giving so I don't see how he'll expect you guys to not know what your language means
An average Igbo don't understand that word, Nyammiri is not anywhere close to Nyem Mmiri, when an Hausa say Nyammiri, it sounds more like Yamri, first time I heard that, I thought the it was about eating Yam until my mother told me what it is and the context, you need to be a native Igbo speaker to understand anyway I'm not about whether she understood or not, I'm talking about the psychological implications and how stupid he is to use such words in my presence irrespective of whatever the situation may be for him

3 Likes

Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 26, 2021
op, don't bother,

The Hausa man is cursed already, na that #250 with kettle and mat he life worth

If he had stolen or done something else i for support you to arrange am
Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by Nobody: 10:52am On Feb 26, 2021
AlexBells:
[s]Few minutes ago, this Hausa guy that used to do some job for us here in Enugu, so he did a job for me #250, I had #500 so I needed change, I decided to go buy soap in the shop just a pole away from my house, on getting there the lady that owns the shop was coming back so the teenage girl selling for the woman asked "Auntie O Ginwa ka onye Awusa na eche (Auntie are you the one the Hausa man is waiting for).

The woman turned back in surprise and said Onye Awusakwa (Exlaimed an Hausa person !), before I spoke out that he is waiting for me, the Hausa Man had called her Nyamiri) meanwhile I speak just a few Hausa like Yaya Kaki, Yaya Aiki, Senu, etc.

So the woman asked me what he said, I laughed it off and told her it nothing serious but it not Hausa it is Igbo, I asked the Hausa man, why are you calling her Nyamiri, he felt a little shocked and asked if I knew what it means, I said yes, the woman protested a little that I tell her what it means, I said don't worry nothing much in that.

Though when he left I told the lady what it means and she said why didn't I tell her when he was still there actually, I didn't want such issue to get out of hand, but still should I be offended or I should just let it slide, even if he could have said that to me, I could understand but why the innocent lady and this is AlaIgbo[/s].

I'm disappointed in some of you Igbos replying this imposter. This is an afonja, that's their MO, concocting lies to put Igbos and Hausas in the East. Umu ekwesu! An Igbo man will never come online to seek for advice how to deal with anyone trying to intimidate him in his land. That's want afonjas do!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:56am On Feb 26, 2021
AlexBells:

An average Igbo don't understand that word, Nyammiri is not anywhere close to Nyem Mmiri, when an Hausa say Nyammiri, it sounds more like Yamri, first time I heard that, I thought the it was about eating Yam until my mother told me what it is and the context, you need to be a native Igbo speaker to understand anyway I'm not about whether she understood or not, I'm talking about the psychological implications and how stupid he is to use such words in my presence irrespective of whatever the situation may be for him

But your brothers use Afonjas on Yorubas as well as Ofe mmanu and even you call Northerners Aboki. While he may be wrong, it's a general wiring of the average Nigerian who on hearing Hausakwa might have thought he was being insulted on the basis of his tribe
Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by AlexBells(m): 10:58am On Feb 26, 2021
kovic20:

This is an afonja, that's their MO, concocting lies to put Igbos and Hausas in the East. Umu ekwesu! An Igbo man will never come online to seek for advice how to deal with anyone trying to intimidate him in his land. That's want afonjas do!
Nwokem ga nodugodu ala, Onye Obula butugi Afonja, no be only Afonja na Isinja, biko hapu Ihe ina akogodi, Onye Awusa, just Nnoo kwuo ihe kariri ya, Okwa Emesia ike kita Akowa na ana achu ha ebe obula mana Otutu na ime ha, na akoeri akoeri
Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 26, 2021
AlexBells:

[s]Nwokem ga nodugodu ala, Onye Obula butugi Afonja, no be only Afonja na Isinja, biko hapu Ihe ina akogodi, Onye Awusa, just Nnoo kwuo ihe kariri ya, Okwa Emesia ike kita Akowa na ana achu ha ebe obula mana Otutu na ime ha, na akoeri akoer[/s]i

Typical afonja, this is how far you will go to cause trouble for Igbos? Using google translate? You people are very very useless...spits!

4 Likes

Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by AlexBells(m): 11:00am On Feb 26, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

But your brothers use Afonjas on Yorubas as well as Ofe mmanu and even you call Northerners Aboki. While he may be wrong, it's a general wiring of the average Nigerian who on hearing Hausakwa might have thought he was being insulted on the basis of his tribe
Did I call you Afonja in Yorubaland, Ofe Mmanu does not even have any psychological implications it just about how a typical yoruba soup looks, but if an Igbo call you traitors in Ekiti I bet you will feel offended

1 Like

Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by AlexBells(m): 11:03am On Feb 26, 2021
kovic20:

Typical afonja, this is how far you will go to cause trouble for Igbos? Using google translate? You people are very very useless...spits!
Must you involve Yorubas here lol, I'm Igbo, Abum Nwafor, can google translate Onye kpara nku Aruru siri ngwere biara ya olu
Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by Nobody: 11:06am On Feb 26, 2021
AlexBells:

[s]Must you involve Yorubas here lol, I'm Igbo, Abum Nwafor, can google translate Onye kpara nku Aruru siri ngwere biara ya olu[/s]
Umu ekwesu. Notice how he became agitated when I mentioned yoruba!
Re: Hello Guys, Should I Pick Offence With This Hausa Guy by AlexBells(m): 11:06am On Feb 26, 2021
darkwan:

nyamuri flatronians....
Just keep your madness on nairaland becuase if you try it even in Asaba or PH, you go collect talk more of main land AlaIgbo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ojukwu Was A Bandit: Ohanaeze Youths Fume At Gumi, Called For His Arrest / China/ Nigeria Security Partnership: Has Nigeria Committed A Strategic Blunder? / See How ESN Killed Two Brothers In Okporo Orlu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.