Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,235 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Am In Job Selection Dilemma I Need Your Advice. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Am In Job Selection Dilemma I Need Your Advice. (661 Views)

Senate Moves To Scrap Age Limit In Job Advertisements In Nigeria / What Change Would You Like To See In Job Listings In 2023? / “Don’t Come With Charms”, Oil Company Says In Job Test Invite. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am In Job Selection Dilemma I Need Your Advice. by tosaino95(m): 3:26pm On Feb 26, 2021
I got a job of 40K per month which provide two days off in every week, and sooner will be getting another job which is 55K month with only sunday as off day.
The 40K job is already done deal likely to resume on next monday but am considering 55K because of the 15K difference which i will get next month.

The reason why am having this selection issue is because am thinking if i select 40K job i will be having chance for programming language learning and other stuff i want to be doing.
on the other hand am thinking i should wait for 55K job because of it 15K difference as i need to contribute money on time to begin my Computer and phone repair.

40K Job

pros.
Off days, good work hours
and chance to build myself for future in the aspect technology.

cons.
low payment

55K Job

pros.
Good payment and familiar work

cons
short off day and longer work hours

i know i should have answer without you people intervention,but i just have the selection dilemma and i think maybe someone that have this issue before can help me out.
Re: Am In Job Selection Dilemma I Need Your Advice. by AntiWailer: 3:30pm On Feb 26, 2021
Go for the 40k job.

If u are serious with learning u can get 100k per month job in 10 months time and it can only get better from there.

You will recoup the difference on time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am In Job Selection Dilemma I Need Your Advice. by navzla(m): 5:54pm On Feb 26, 2021
On the 40k you will working 3days /week that is if the firm observed weekends.
On the 50+ job you have only a day off the week.
Did any of these jobs have the capacity of growing or developing you towards attaining self sufficiency in the long run?
Which among offers a job satisfaction.
How about the working conditions?.
Re: Am In Job Selection Dilemma I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 26, 2021
If you have a family to feed, choose the 55k as that 15k can help your kids too.
If you don't have much responsibility; you don't pay rent, no kids, etc, choose the 40k job.
Moreover, the 40k is here already but the 55k is as you said next month, fellow Nigerian, no matter as the 55k sure start with what you see, when the 55k comes u resign...

1 Like

Re: Am In Job Selection Dilemma I Need Your Advice. by tosaino95(m): 9:18pm On Feb 26, 2021
AntiWailer:
Go for the 40k job.

If u are serious with learning u can get 100k per month job in 10 months time and it can only get better from there.

You will recoup the difference on time.

You have a point bro.
Re: Am In Job Selection Dilemma I Need Your Advice. by tosaino95(m): 9:21pm On Feb 26, 2021
navzla:
On the 40k you will working 3days /week that is if the firm observed weekends.
On the 50+ job you have only a day off the week.
Did any of these jobs have the capacity of growing or developing you towards attaining self sufficiency in the long run?
Which among offers a job satisfaction.
How about the working conditions?.
The 40K job is 5 working days and 2 off days and it has those things you mentioned...
Re: Am In Job Selection Dilemma I Need Your Advice. by tosaino95(m): 9:43am On Feb 27, 2021
FinianIb:
If you have a family to feed, choose the 55k as that 15k can help your kids too.
If you don't have much responsibility; you don't pay rent, no kids, etc, choose the 40k job.
Moreover, the 40k is here already but the 55k is as you said next month, fellow Nigerian, no matter as the 55k sure start with what you see, when the 55k comes u resign...

Nobody wey no like big money I should quit the 40K job if 55K job come through.
do you realise the two jobs are going done deal next month which mean i have to choose just one and leave the other.
Re: Am In Job Selection Dilemma I Need Your Advice. by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 27, 2021
tosaino95:

Nobody wey no like big money I should quit the 40K job if 55K job come through.
do you realise the two jobs are going done deal next month which mean i have to choose just one and leave the other.

Oh... I thought u meant the 40k is now, the 55k is next month. Let your responsibilities decide man... Buh if you can't learn IT on the 55k, I'll advise you to go for the 40k, since it'll yield fruits on the long run.
Re: Am In Job Selection Dilemma I Need Your Advice. by Elsueno: 11:33am On Feb 27, 2021
Trust me, d stress of going to 9-5 every single day is freaking annoying. choose one way get good working hours, though less pay.

You can always learn or hustle on ur free time. I know some ministry workers that earn thier monthly salary weekly from business they do. As u know ministry work is the most flexible in 9ja

(1) (Reply)

Front Desk Offcer / Should I Learn Cyber Security? / Suspicious Job Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.