Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,109 members, 7,835,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

An Open Letter To President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To President Buhari (288 Views)

An Open Letter To Nnamdi Kanu By Ifedimma Onwugbufor / Archbishop Okogie Writes Buhari An Open Letter: Are You A Nigerian Or Not? / Open Letter To President Buhari By Timi Frank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To President Buhari by blackpanda: 5:04pm On Feb 26, 2021
Dear Mr President,

First i want to congratulate your for winning your second tenure in Office. I must say it was an incredible feat, sir! Your victory no doubt was not necessarily because you were the best qualified and capable for the job of steering the affairs of the country. Rather sir, in my opinion you won simply because there were no better candidates running for the Office of President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. However, all of that doesnt matter now.

I believe in unity and greatness of Nigeria. But that belief is often tested by the morbid and excruciatingly difficult position we have found ourselves. Sometimes, i just wonder why anyone in their right senses and without any ulterior motives would choose to be a leader in this our nation. Without mincing words sir, the Nigerian nation is morally and ethically at the worst level it has ever been since its creation! Citizens have completely abandoned all moral and ethical values in pursuit of selfish goals and aggrandisement. There is almost no righteous one left in the country.

Should you choose to critically examine you cabinet ministers and heads of parastatals today, sir, you will come to the inevitable conclusion that there simply is nobody left in your government with the same ideals and agendas as those that brought you into Office. Your appointees are simply out on a free for all to amass as much fortune as they possibly can before your administration comes to an end. Apart from this, your government sir, is unfortunately filled with some of the most irresponsible and selfish individuals in the country. You may wish to take stock of the dozens of presidential directives that have been dished out to your appointees which they wilfully ignored with no consequences.

But as i said earlier, these problems are not peculiar to your administration. The entire nation has been overtaken with greed, selfishness, lack of empathy, anger and complete irresponsibility. You can hardly point to any individual in Nigeria today who is not out to make a fortunes at the expense of others. Nobody cares about the consequences of their actions anymore. Our churches have failed us, our mosques have failed us, our religious leaders have failed us, our parents have failed us. It is difficult to talk about Nigeria without painting a picture of doom and gloom.

So what do we do? What is the solution?

Mr President Sir, there is no one solution that can solve all our problems and there is no single individual that has all the answers. But i believe there are certain steps that can be taken that may create some little impact in our desire to retrace our steps. Some of these are

a. Punish the bad.
One of the most devastating issues in Nigeria is that persons who commit crimes or hurt the society in one way or the other end up being rewarded with even juicier portfolios or simply evade justice. There are many of your appointees as well as other public servants accused of one evil or the other for which your government doesnt even bother to investigate let alone punish. When this happens, the message that is being passed is that the rest of society can do the same or even worse and go scot free. Nigerians simply ignore any likely consequences for their actions and the conscience of the nation falls to ruin.

b. Reward the good
Much as it is easy to paint people bad and go after them with federal might, there are those (although very few and dieing out) who will always choose to do the right thing. Unfortunate such persons end up suffering, being ridiculed, shunned or simply forgotten. There is simply no reward for doing good in today's Nigeria. The persons who are able to get ahead in society are those with the right connections or those most visible. Even in the public service the era of rewarding hard work has since died out. So public servants in nigeria today are simply scrabbling to make ends meet any how they can since they know to do otherwise and follow the rules will only mean pain, suffering and ridicule.

c. Invest in results
Mr President sir, since the return to democracy, governance has been all but robotic. There is no drive to achieve anything. The government doesnt invest in results rather its the same budget year in year out. Agencies (including Universities and Colleges of Technology) that ought to be producing and breaking bounds in their various fields have consistently dissappointed the nation over the years with their abysmal performances and nothing to show for the years of service. These Agencies/Unversities always cry about poor funding. But in reality sir, it is not only the poor funding that is the problem but the heads and management of these agencies are never held accountable or pressured into delivering the mandate for which they were set up. Funds allocated to them are often diverted to other irrelevant causes or simply used to pay salaries and wages. To better understand this problem sir, kindly take a census of how many Agencies that are able to provide grants for innovations and patents, and how many of the few who can do so are actually being monitored and held accountable for the funds at their disposal to ensure such funds are not diverted. Sir any Agency/University that doesnt perfom should have its funds slashed and the entire management removed!

d. Harness the power of media
Rather than census media sir, i opine that it would be most beneficial to Nigerians and the country for your administration to invest heavily in content. If you take a look at the content being consumed by Nigerians locally, its always stories about woes, depression, mental manipulation and revelations about the worst society has to offer. Rather than continually allowing Nigerians to be bombarded by such nefarious and negative content, i opine that the Nigerian media, like its american counterpart, can be harnessed as a tool for social engineering and indeed Nigeria's domestic and foreign policy. Invest heavily in propaganda sir, not political propaganda tho!

As to wind down to the end of your administration my prayer is that you consider the above and make necessary adjustments before its too late!

Sincerely,

Blackpanda
Re: An Open Letter To President Buhari by Spending123: 5:09pm On Feb 26, 2021
This kind biology textbook you compose here Buhari go fit read am?

Just a simple writeup 'Mr. President we are tired of your rulling in this country please do something or you resign. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To President Buhari by Greenback: 5:17pm On Feb 26, 2021
[s]
blackpanda:
Dear Mr President,

First i want to congratulate your for winning your second tenure in Office. I must say it was an incredible feat, sir! Your victory no doubt was not necessarily because you were the best qualified and capable for the job of steering the affairs of the country. Rather sir, in my opinion you won simply because there were no better candidates running for the Office of President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. However, all of that doesnt matter now.

I believe in unity and greatness of Nigeria. But that belief is often tested by the morbid and excruciatingly difficult position we have found ourselves. Sometimes, i just wonder why anyone in their right senses and without any ulterior motives would choose to be a leader in this our nation. Without mincing words sir, the Nigerian nation is morally and ethically at the worst level it has ever been since its creation! Citizens have completely abandoned all moral and ethical values in pursuit of selfish goals and aggrandisement. There is almost no righteous one left in the country.

Should you choose to critically examine you cabinet ministers and heads of parastatals today, sir, you will come to the inevitable conclusion that there simply is nobody left in your government with the same ideals and agendas as those that brought you into Office. Your appointees are simply out on a free for all to amass as much fortune as they possibly can before your administration comes to an end. Apart from this, your government sir, is unfortunately filled with some of the most irresponsible and selfish individuals in the country. You may wish to take stock of the dozens of presidential directives that have been dished out to your appointees which they wilfully ignored with no consequences.

But as i said earlier, these problems are not peculiar to your administration. The entire nation has been overtaken with greed, selfishness, lack of empathy, anger and complete irresponsibility. You can hardly point to any individual in Nigeria today who is not out to make a fortunes at the expense of others. Nobody cares about the consequences of their actions anymore. Our churches have failed us, our mosques have failed us, our religious leaders have failed us, our parents have failed us. It is difficult to talk about Nigeria without painting a picture of doom and gloom.

So what do we do? What is the solution?

Mr President Sir, there is no one solution that can solve all our problems and there is no single individual that has all the answers. But i believe there are certain steps that can be taken that may create some little impact in our desire to retrace our steps. Some of these are

a. Punish the bad.
One of the most devastating issues in Nigeria is that persons who commit crimes or hurt the society in one way or the other end up being rewarded with even juicier portfolios or simply evade justice. There are many of your appointees as well as other public servants accused of one evil or the other for which your government doesnt even bother to investigate let alone punish. When this happens, the message that is being passed is that the rest of society can do the same or even worse and go scot free. Nigerians simply ignore any likely consequences for their actions and the conscience of the nation falls to ruin.

b. Reward the good
Much as it is easy to paint people bad and go after them with federal might, there are those (although very few and dieing out) who will always choose to do the right thing. Unfortunate such persons end up suffering, being ridiculed, shunned or simply forgotten. There is simply no reward for doing good in today's Nigeria. The persons who are able to get ahead in society are those with the right connections or those most visible. Even in the public service the era of rewarding hard work has since died out. So public servants in nigeria today are simply scrabbling to make ends meet any how they can since they know to do otherwise and follow the rules will only mean pain, suffering and ridicule.

c. Invest in results
Mr President sir, since the return to democracy, governance has been all but robotic. There is no drive to achieve anything. The government doesnt invest in results rather its the same budget year in year out. Agencies (including Universities and Colleges of Technology) that ought to be producing and breaking bounds in their various fields have consistently dissappointed the nation over the years with their abysmal performances and nothing to show for the years of service. These Agencies/Unversities always cry about poor funding. But in reality sir, it is not only the poor funding that is the problem but the heads and management of these agencies are never held accountable or pressured into delivering the mandate for which they were set up. Funds allocated to them are often diverted to other irrelevant causes or simply used to pay salaries and wages. To better understand this problem sir, kindly take a census of how many Agencies that are able to provide grants for innovations and patents, and how many of the few who can do so are actually being monitored and held accountable for the funds at their disposal to ensure such funds are not diverted. Sir any Agency/University that doesnt perfom should have its funds slashed and the entire management removed!

d. Harness the power of media
Rather than census media sir, i opine that it would be most beneficial to Nigerians and the country for your administration to invest heavily in content. If you take a look at the content being consumed by Nigerians locally, its always stories about woes, depression, mental manipulation and revelations about the worst society has to offer. Rather than continually allowing Nigerians to be bombarded by such nefarious and negative content, i opine that the Nigerian media, like its american counterpart, can be harnessed as a tool for social engineering and indeed Nigeria's domestic and foreign policy. Invest heavily in propaganda sir, not political propaganda tho!

As to wind down to the end of your administration my prayer is that you consider the above and make necessary adjustments before its too late!

Sincerely,

Blackpanda

[/s]
A typical Mallam, nothing like restructuring.. nothing like constitutional change for a people's constitutional.

Just a one naijiriya Mallam and his Mallamic medieval ideas n logic grin
Re: An Open Letter To President Buhari by ShackWes(f): 5:20pm On Feb 26, 2021
This letter no go even reach toll gate

Another zom b just waking up

una go wail tire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To President Buhari by Greenback: 6:06pm On Feb 26, 2021
Op is one of the zombiest zmB of them all... ;S
Re: An Open Letter To President Buhari by blackpanda: 8:03pm On Feb 26, 2021
Greenback:
Op is one of the zombiest zmB of them all... ;S

Is this all you are good for Smh
Re: An Open Letter To President Buhari by Greenback: 10:42pm On Feb 26, 2021
blackpanda:

Is this all you are good for Smh

FKU

(1) (Reply)

South Must Rise And End This Country. / They Called Us Out And Asked For Our Fathers' Occupations" -freed Students / Nigerians - Don’t let Buhari Travel Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.