Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,100 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Fatal Motor Accident: Who Is Next In Mouau? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fatal Motor Accident: Who Is Next In Mouau? (456 Views)

Unruly And Unbecoming Conduct Of A Professor In Mouau- My Experience / Students' Lodge In MOUAU, Umudike On Fire (Photos) / Obituary Of Ogbonna Jane Mmasichi, MOUAU Dead Student (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fatal Motor Accident: Who Is Next In Mouau? by Chile1234: 9:34pm On Feb 26, 2021
THE SAME NARRATIVE ANNUALLY: WHO IS NEXT IN MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE UMUDIKE(MOUAU)?

Written by Chile Agubuche

Something terrific happened in 2018 while I was still in the University(MOUAU), prior to that time, the air was filled with all sorts of stories concerning AKTC(Akwa Ibom Transport Company) buses killing our students on the Federal road(Umuahia-Ikot Ekpene road) until I witnessed it. My friend, Hon Comr Harmony Donald and I witnessed how our course mate(Obinna Chiaha of blessed memory) died that cool evening involving same AKTC bus. We saw Obinna shaking helplessly that evening, when we eventually rushed him to FMC Umuahia, he was confirmed dead at the spot, same night we rushed him to Madonna Mortuary, Umuahia. The University environment took a new shape that night which made our B. Agric practical year students to register their grievances that night with all form of anger and aggression because we had lost someone so dear to us.

It was really a bad experience that night.
We clamoured and had protested for about three days saying same thing with our placards lifted up with same inscription "We need Speed Bumps and humps on that Federal road" the anger was much in us as we marched round the University premises which made the Vice-chancellor of the University, Prof. Francis O. Otunta to address the colossal crowd that came to register their grievances. In his speech he promised to write to the Federal ministry of works to facilitate the erection of speed bumps because it's a Federal road. Our anger was pacified, because of his speech and fatherly advice. It is sad to note that from that time till now(up to 3yrs) nothing has been done on that road. That road has been a blood sucking demon demanding the blood of the students every year through AKTC buses. We don't know who is next.

I was aghast when I heard and saw the accident that occurred on the same Federal road yesterday, Three people were involved in the accident with same AKTC bus, one of the students died, the other two were admitted in the hospital, in fact one of them had a fractured bone that requires an operation today. Is it until everyone is no more that the University Management will swing into action?... The cry and death of the students should be enough to send message to the school management facilitating the construction of speed bumps. Before 2018 a life was lost there, 2018, my course mate lost his life there, 2019, a life was also lost there, now 2021, another life, what! It has been a yearly ritual with same AKTC buses. The silence is just too much, that road has taken so much life.

Had it been the lives lost was a lecturer's son or daughter, I am sure there would have been swift move by the University Management to mitigate such occurrence, but it's quite unfortunate that the common students don't really matter or have a say. I weep for my alma mater

If appropriate measure is not taken by the University Management, we wouldn't know the next person.

Re: Fatal Motor Accident: Who Is Next In Mouau? by Wilsonzinny(f): 9:43pm On Feb 26, 2021

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tackling Food Insecurity Through Artificial Intelligence / Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Admission List, 2020/2021 Session / Anambra State School Of Nursing Form, Nkpor 2021/2022 Is Still On Sales. Call Th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.