Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo (68765 Views)

Graphic Photo Of A Decapitated Elephant: Animal Cruelty Should Stop / Indonesia Crocodile Freed From Tyre After Five Years [pics] / Deformed Sheep In Funtua, Katsina Causes Commotion (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by Nobody: 12:22am On Feb 27, 2021
Sheep need to be shared annually, otherwise their wool continues to grow to the point where it’s hard to tell they are still ship. That’s what happened to this poor ship in Australia, whose wool hadn’t been sheared in 5 years.

Photos of a “wild” sheep found in a forest in Australia went viral this week, because of the unusual coat the animal sported. Named Baarack by his rescuers at Edgar’s Mission Farm Sanctuary near Lancefield, Victoria, the ovine is believed to have once been owned by a farm, but his ear tags were ripped out by the thick layer of matted wool on its face. At the time of his rescue, Baarack looked almost nothing like a sheep, his slender frame hidden under a mass of wool and dirt that weighed a whopping 35 kilograms.

“Whilst his hooves were in great condition from running over the rocks in the forest, he was in a bit of a bad way. He was underweight, and due to all of the wool around his face he could barely see,” Kyle Behrend of Edgar’s Mission said. “Sheep need to be shorn at least annually otherwise the fleece continues to grow and grow, as happened here.

Shearing a sheep usually takes staff at Edgar’s Mission Farm Sanctuary a few minutes, but in Baarack’s case, the process lasted over an hour. He was lucky people spotted him in the wild and alerted his rescuers at the animal sanctuary, as his massive coat was already a serious problem.

“Each day his wool grew longer and longer, and his plight more desperate, while his chances of survival grew thinner and thinner,” Edgar’s Mission posted on Facebook. “Many people do not realize that wool can easily morph into a cumbersome fleece that continues to grow throughout the life of a sheep.”
Source: https://www.odditycentral.com/animals/this-is-what-a-sheep-looks-like-after-five-years-without-shearing.html

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by ajailer(m): 12:35am On Feb 27, 2021
hmm, work of nature

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by Uprightness100(m): 12:49am On Feb 27, 2021
This is a Pictorial evidence of what Happens to us as humans when we go out and stay away from The LORD our Shepherd.

We become Shapeless, Tasteless and Worthless.
Life outside the Shepherd of our Soul completely Changes our Identity.

The Good News is that as long as there is Life we can be Reconciled back to our Shepherd and our lives can be made Whole.

JESUS is the True Shepherd.

674 Likes 57 Shares

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by fuckingAyaya(m): 12:52am On Feb 27, 2021
Wanna throw up

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by pyyxxaro: 1:02am On Feb 27, 2021
Uprightness100:
This is a Pictorial evidence of what Happens to us as humans when we go out and stay away from The LORD our Shepherd.

We become Shapless, Tasteless and Worthless.

The Good News is that as long as there is Life we can be Reconciled back to our Shepherd and our lives can be made Whole.

Pastor

You don change name cool

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by marveangel(m): 1:41am On Feb 27, 2021
Damn

1 Like

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by pozehnani(f): 2:36am On Feb 27, 2021
Yeah. Watched the video on Facebook. The sheep was said to have almost lost it's life due to the weight of the wool.

While shaving off the wool, thorns, insects and twigs were found stuck in it. Irritating.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by Goldencheese(m): 3:16am On Feb 27, 2021
pozehnani:
Yeah. Watch the video on Facebook. The sheep was said to have almost lost it's life due to the weight of the wool.

While shaving off the wool, thorns, insects and twigs were found stuck in it. Irritating.

Interesting

5 Likes

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by rex444(m): 3:59am On Feb 27, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
Wanna throw up
Kai this guy is high

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by merieam16(f): 6:56am On Feb 27, 2021
Is the sheep catching cold...y dey con u blanket cover am lolz

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by femi4: 8:01am On Feb 27, 2021
merieam16:
Is the sheep catching cold...y dey con u blanket cover am lolz
The wool provides covering...Infact their wools are used for sweaters/cardigans.

Removing all isn't a wise decision

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by spinna: 8:17am On Feb 27, 2021
Sheep need to be shared annually, otherwise their wool continues to grow to the point where it’s hard to tell they are still ship. That’s what happened to this poor ship in Australia, whose wool hadn’t been sheared in 5 years.

From the assaults on English language in this first paragraph, i can conclude that this was written by a Nigerian blogger.

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by GreaterFuture(m): 8:21am On Feb 27, 2021
Our sheep here in Nigeria are Different
Very tough Guys.

You need Animal hide in Tonnes? I will supply you.
See Siggy for Contact

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by KefeeBRIGHT91(m): 8:30am On Feb 27, 2021
Uprightness100:

...i know it's still you o, but carry on

8 Likes

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by visijo(m): 8:35am On Feb 27, 2021
Lol I don't think it is applicable to Nigerian sheep..

Alcohol is not the solution to our problems: but, as we wait for the solution, let's drink!!!!�

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by KingsJohnson(m): 8:36am On Feb 27, 2021
spinna:

From the assaults on Engish language in this first paragraph, i can conclude that this was written about a Nigerian blogger.

grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by Gondonu: 8:37am On Feb 27, 2021
shocked "Woolified" sheep.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by Walkee: 8:37am On Feb 27, 2021
Oyinbo sheep. Nobody shears African sheep, they don't even have enough wool to cover themselves.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by Ugandatales: 8:37am On Feb 27, 2021
GreaterFuture:
Our sheep here in Nigeria are Different

I wanted to ask...cos I know no one has time to be doing that for sheep here, and I don't see them turn to what I am seeing in this picture.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by wink2015(m): 8:38am On Feb 27, 2021
A SHEEP IN A WOLF CLOTHING !

english with their expression !

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by gurunlocker: 8:38am On Feb 27, 2021
Who wrote the article?

Ship or sheep?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by NaijaOlosho(f): 8:38am On Feb 27, 2021
This Is Buhari

1 Like

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by jeeqaa7(m): 8:39am On Feb 27, 2021
not in nigeria
Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by igbarasdynasty: 8:39am On Feb 27, 2021
Uprightness100:

Ya right.

JESUS is the Good Shepard.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by GreaterFuture(m): 8:40am On Feb 27, 2021
Ugandatales:

I wanted to ask...cos I know no one has time to be doing that for sheep here, and I don't see them turn to what I am seeing in this picture.
Yes they are different breed I guess

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by CheedyJ(m): 8:40am On Feb 27, 2021
You go fear dreadlocks na.. Rastafarian sheep

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by MrIcredible: 8:40am On Feb 27, 2021
Old news
Re: This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo by doggedfighter(f): 8:40am On Feb 27, 2021
Poor sheep.

Must be very heavy.

I think same happen with cows when left unmilked. I heard they cry in pain.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Scientists Successfully Reverse Human Ageing Process (Pics) / Escaped Lion Found In Kano Zoo After Devouring Goats In Their Cage / Titanic: Full-Sized Scans Shows What Happened The Night The Ship Sank (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.