Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Crisis Deepens In PDP Over South-West Congress - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crisis Deepens In PDP Over South-West Congress (5520 Views)

Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam / Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress / Confusion Deepens In Ogun PDP As Kashamu Launches Governorship Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crisis Deepens In PDP Over South-West Congress by JosEast(m): 8:36am On Feb 27, 2021
There seems to be no end in sight to the crisis rocking the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the South-West over the forthcoming zonal congress, Daily Trust Saturday reports.

The party has been polarised following vested interests of the Oyo State governor, Seyi Makinde and a former governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose over who becomes the next zonal chairman of the party.

The zonal congress has been postponed several times before the March 6 date was fixed, but the Makinde bloc is raising the alarm over an attempt to postpone the congress again.

The group said the party may sink deeper in crisis if the NWC colludes with some “reactionary elements” in the party to postpone the election.

Our correspondent learnt that there is a move by some stakeholders of the party to file a court case to stop the congress as division deepens over who becomes the national vice chairman, South-West.

Also, yesterday, another group of stakeholders in the zone, under the aegis of “PDP Collectives” warned that the party might be treading a path of “self-destruction” by postponing the South-West zonal congress scheduled for March 6.

The chairman of the ‘PDP Collectives,’ Professor Tejumade Akitoye-Rhodes, said the postponement would be “totally unacceptable.”

When contacted, the national publicity secretary of the party, Mr Kola Ologbondiyan, asked the stakeholders to await a final decision, saying it would be communicated to them soon.

https://dailytrust.com/crisis-deepens-in-pdp-over-south-west-congress

1 Like

Re: Crisis Deepens In PDP Over South-West Congress by Jones4190(m): 8:43am On Feb 27, 2021
To be sincere without hiding any thoughts in my mind and without lies,to the actual truth with my clear open mind and clean heart,expressing what ever is embedded inside me for a long time which I didn't say just because I was nervous.But Today, by gathering all the courage and motivation, I just want to say that I actually have nothing to say

1 Like

Re: Crisis Deepens In PDP Over South-West Congress by PrinceOfLagos: 8:43am On Feb 27, 2021
It's a family affair

They will settle it
Re: Crisis Deepens In PDP Over South-West Congress by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 27, 2021
PDP is in disarray in the south west.

2 Likes

Re: Crisis Deepens In PDP Over South-West Congress by Akpuobi1: 9:26am On Feb 27, 2021
PDP crises is far from over.

2 Likes

Re: Crisis Deepens In PDP Over South-West Congress by Uniqueteco(m): 9:26am On Feb 27, 2021
Next please
Re: Crisis Deepens In PDP Over South-West Congress by Neduzze5(m): 9:27am On Feb 27, 2021
Both parties can go to blazes for all I care.

A new movement is being birthed. Anticipate!!
Re: Crisis Deepens In PDP Over South-West Congress by NwaNimo1(m): 9:27am On Feb 27, 2021
ok
Re: Crisis Deepens In PDP Over South-West Congress by WiszyFraud: 9:28am On Feb 27, 2021
PDP is gradually falling apart,

Up next will be APC,
And then we say goodbye to old men cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crisis Deepens In PDP Over South-West Congress by id4sho(m): 9:28am On Feb 27, 2021
PDPigss

1 Like

Re: Crisis Deepens In PDP Over South-West Congress by fredoooooo: 9:29am On Feb 27, 2021
Endsars no work crisis deepen , more of madness deepen ... e ti ya werey

3 Likes

Re: Crisis Deepens In PDP Over South-West Congress by dogooder: 9:29am On Feb 27, 2021
Na on top their selfish interest o
Re: Crisis Deepens In PDP Over South-West Congress by anomaly20: 9:33am On Feb 27, 2021
Uche Secondus NWC needs to leave for the PDP to reclaim it's glory.
Re: Crisis Deepens In PDP Over South-West Congress by rilow212: 9:35am On Feb 27, 2021
Failure from all sides. Pathetic!

1 Like

Re: Crisis Deepens In PDP Over South-West Congress by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:39am On Feb 27, 2021
Moving our darling nation forward is all that we are after, not all these political shenanigans.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crisis Deepens In PDP Over South-West Congress by Sirjamo: 10:22am On Feb 27, 2021
Yet, the PDP Dundees are happy with the crisis in APC, while their own miserable party is about Crumble.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crisis Deepens In PDP Over South-West Congress by oyeb15: 10:50am On Feb 27, 2021
Simple Solution : Expel agent Ayodele Fayose from d party. He's being bank rolled by APC to cause confusion in South West PDP.
Re: Crisis Deepens In PDP Over South-West Congress by NovusHomo(m): 11:10pm On Feb 27, 2021
Jones4190:
To be sincere without hiding any thoughts in my mind and without lies,to the actual truth with my clear open mind and clean heart,expressing what ever is embedded inside me for a long time which I didn't say just because I was nervous.But Today, by gathering all the courage and motivation, I just want to say that I actually have nothing to say

Genius you.

(1) (Reply)

APC Loses 1 Vote In Oyo (picture) / Gunmen Set Ablaze Police Station, School In Yobe / Why Was There No Pogroms After Murtala's Murder By Dimka?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.