Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,698 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam (14528 Views)

Fayose: Why We Overlooked Over-Voting At PDP South West Congress / Buhari@76: See The ThrowBack Advert By Fayose & PDP Wishing Buhari Death In 2015 / APC Convention, A Quit Notice To Fayose & PDP - Says Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by blamingthedevil: 10:07pm On Apr 14, 2021
Fayose made the allegation when he featured on Politics Today, a Channels Television Programme, on Wednesday.

On Monday, the party held a congress to determine its zonal leaders in the region, after a series of postponements and leadership tussle.

The congress was expected to lay to rest the leadership tussle between Fayose and Makinde, who were at loggerheads over who controls the party in the zone.

At the much-awaited congress in Osogbo, Taofeeq Arapaja, a former deputy governor of Oyo state who was backed by Makinde, won the PDP south-west chairmanship seat with 343 votes to defeat Eddy Olafeso, the immediate past national vice-chairman (south-west) — and a candidate of Fayose — who polled 330 votes.

Speaking on what transpired at the election, Fayose claimed that the election was rigged, adding that forces behind Makinde influenced the outcome of the election.

He, however, noted that he has accepted the outcome of the election and embraced Makinde, not because he was defeated but for the advancement of the party.

“For me, as to that election, it was a scam but I must agree as a leader of the PDP. I have been working for this party. I am one of the voices that cannot be forgotten in the PDP,” he said.

“And I will not sit down here and say because of 13 votes, because of manipulation, the party must not move forward.”

During the interview, the presenter showed Fayose a video, which was said to have been recorded before the election, wherein some men were threatening to kill the former governor if he comes to the venue of the congress.

Reacting, the former governor claimed that those threatening to kill him are thugs from the road transport workers union in Oyo, adding that the video depicts the kind of characters behind the Oyo governor.

“I have seen this video; what this gentleman was saying at the time they came to the venue. They said ‘Fayose, we are waiting for you here; we are going to kill you’. This is the chairman of road transport workers in Oyo state,” he said.

“These people came with governor Makinde’s convoy. Everybody knows. Who is this man? Is he the road transport worker in Ekiti? This is enough to show the whole world. If governor Makinde, a first-term two years old governor — yet-to-be two years old governor — is parading characters like this, it simply shows the kind of people behind him.

“This is shameful for our party. I take responsibility for that. In the 21st century, thuggery is shameful for our party. Remember I was in Ondo; these people came to Ondo to attack me. These same people came to Ondo and I told governor Makinde. So I’m glad the whole world is seeing this.

“Governor Makinde looks quiet but dirty. Parading these people to wait for me; they are over a thousand. They are doing this to me in the video, ‘we will cut your neck.’ That was why I made up my mind that I must attend that congress, even if I die there, I die.”

https://www.thecable.ng/pdp-south-west-congress-election-was-a-scam-says-fayose

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by Cajal(m): 10:28pm On Apr 14, 2021
..PDP AND SCAM ARE LIKE APC AND LIES

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by festacman(m): 10:36pm On Apr 14, 2021
Nigerian politics is trully a dogfight. Never imagined that a day would come when a whole Oshokomole would whine like a child whose favourite toy was taken away from him.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by slivertongue: 11:27pm On Apr 14, 2021
shameless

1 Like

Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by Sammy07: 11:28pm On Apr 14, 2021
Oga leave Makinde and move on

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by scdyxgg: 3:42am On Apr 15, 2021
Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by fedorahat: 3:43am On Apr 15, 2021
Am not surprised, PDP is a scam so is Fayose

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by Jestin: 3:46am On Apr 15, 2021
We are caught up between the devil and the deep blue sea. Pdp and Apc share both same mother and father.

18 Likes

Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by cankerworm: 3:46am On Apr 15, 2021
Nigeria politicians and thuggery are like Lia mohammad and lies
Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by dalongjnr: 3:46am On Apr 15, 2021
Is PDP ever transparent with anything? We are not expecting anything More!!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by west21: 3:47am On Apr 15, 2021
Una no de sleep for this country?

1 Like

Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by PAWG(m): 3:51am On Apr 15, 2021
Fayose is a scam himself, he thinks we’ve forgotten his antics.

west21:
Una no de sleep for this country?

When you reach 30 no be person go tell you to wake up when 3 am reach.

Just kidding, na cold wake me o

10 Likes

Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by Minjim: 3:53am On Apr 15, 2021
Makinde is a gentle man but deadly serpent.

He made a renowned thug, Auxiliary, one of his aids.
I guess he had a badass teacher in Fayose.

Even the drug barons in Lagos do not publicly identify with MC Oluomo.

1 Like

Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by janedonez(m): 3:53am On Apr 15, 2021
Go and sit

1 Like

Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by veekid(m): 3:57am On Apr 15, 2021
Fayose and his diarrhoea infested mouth

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by ikorodureporta: 3:58am On Apr 15, 2021
Scam is the new trend

1 Like

Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by hannysur8(m): 4:02am On Apr 15, 2021
Arapaja cannot win any electionin his local Govt, IBADAN south East local Govt talkless of leading PDP back to victory in the whole South West, this is simply the beginning of the burial of PDP in south west, let’s wait and see ARAPAJA ke

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by ayourbamie: 4:03am On Apr 15, 2021
Fayoṣe, gba foga e. You loose the battle today, you can still win the war tomorrow

Peter the rock

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by Toosure70: 4:16am On Apr 15, 2021
You're also a product of scam.

5 Likes

Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by cardoctor(m): 4:23am On Apr 15, 2021
Baba himself speaking
Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by techmo(m): 4:30am On Apr 15, 2021
cool

Makinde and his thugs, auxiliary are terrorising ordinary Oyo State citizens.... Let Fayose also feel the heat of what Ibadan people feel at Iwo Road

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by DavSagacity(m): 4:37am On Apr 15, 2021
I don't trust this guy.
He who comes to equity must come with a clean hands. His hands are not clean when it comes to Politics of thuggery And intimidation. He is actually their godfather. Howbeit, they now beat him at the game.

6 Likes

Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by binsanni(m): 4:41am On Apr 15, 2021
e no favour u now, e b scam
but if the election favour u now, bah free an fair.

wahalah for who still they take this mad people serious

4 Likes

Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by olawolami(m): 4:45am On Apr 15, 2021
OGA Pète ru leave governor seyi Makinde .let the sleeping dog lie,you want him to be licking your butt wmas a leader ,when you self don't count BODE George as your Elder .who are you to say that to my state Governor...Bikko

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by karzyharsky(m): 4:52am On Apr 15, 2021
Everything na scam
Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by Duplexxx: 4:53am On Apr 15, 2021
Nigeria politicians are scam

Mad people
Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by LibertyRep: 4:57am On Apr 15, 2021
Now he has every reason to port to the other party
Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by PHPdeveloper200: 4:58am On Apr 15, 2021
na now this one eye open

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by Savagecontents: 5:06am On Apr 15, 2021
Fayose the great politician
Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by shugabasbn: 5:12am On Apr 15, 2021
PDP is synonymous to scam, it's not a new thing just that the other alternative is not the best perhaps worst

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by kolnel: 5:12am On Apr 15, 2021
Fayose fighting for his belly

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: PDP South West Congress Election Was A Scam by RichDad1(m): 5:15am On Apr 15, 2021
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obaseki Appoints Two Special Advisers And Eleven Commissioner Nominees / Abuja Under Lockdown Over Security Threats / Buhari Meets Obi Of Awka As Part Of His Campaign Rally (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.