Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Was Buhari Deliberately Given A Bloody Nose In Sokoto - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was Buhari Deliberately Given A Bloody Nose In Sokoto (882 Views)

Was Buhari Forced To Attend This Weddng (photo) / Was Buhari, Amaechi And Tinubu Arrested In London Or What? / My Grandfather Was Buhari's Class Mate - Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Buhari Deliberately Given A Bloody Nose In Sokoto by KnowAll(m): 6:40am On Apr 11, 2011
With Buhari losing all seats in Sokoto state, it would appear the indigenes of d state has not forgiven him for pre-maturely terminating Shagari's regime. It was pay back time albeit  through d ballot box and what a tsunami it was. This singular defeat and those of Kano & Borno state has made d prospect of this straight  talking deciplinarian winning d presidential election an herculian task. Even the very islamic Zamfara state where d famous Senator is bent on following d tenents of d Koran to d letter. Senator Sherima has being quoted & insisted that Mohammed had a 9 year old bride and what was the forera about him marrying a 13 year old bride.

This Islamic fundamentalist despite having a common denominator with Buhari's perceived fundamental credentials one would have thought those two would be and should have a marriage made in heaven but Saturday's poll prove us wrong yet again. I just hope this result is a blip on BB's imminent take-over of the Northern states. But if what happened on Saturday where to repeat herself then it would be safe to say and assume that Jo-boy has won this contest without a doubt, I hope team BB are still reserving their heavy weapons for the more formidable battle next Saturday.

The downside to this poor show by CPC is d scales of delusion might start falling off SW BB fan's who would once again switch sides supporting & forgiving Tinubu for imposing his wife on d people. After all SWestern's and most people loves winners no one wants to be associated with failures. I just hope the BB bubble has not burst in d SW.   undecided
Re: Was Buhari Deliberately Given A Bloody Nose In Sokoto by Genbuhari3: 8:28am On Apr 11, 2011
are you still there? i hope you are aware that Buhari won sokoto by 80% in 2003 and 2007. it is a question of the candidates CPC fielded in those states.

Despite the power of incumbency which favours PDP, CPC without a single elected senator has won 6 senatorial seats (all 3 in his home state, 1 in FCT, 1 in Kaduna, 1 in Nasarawa) and several house of reps seat including my constituency in Lokoja and PDP VP's consituency.

Yobe, Gombe, Jigawa, Borno are still pending.

Like somebody said, this was a contest between brothers , Musa and Isah, not between strange fellows Musa and Moses!

PDP is panicking already while ACN and CPC held talks yesterday!

The presidential election is between a Musa and Moses, and an average hausa man knows the difference. just wait and see.

Question: 'How come the Northern Caucus of the National Assembly, Northern Governors have suddenly gone quiet on Jonathan's presidency unlike the case during the PDP Presidential Primaries?' Sherma did it and has paid dearly, Sambo is doing it, and he has paid dearly, the others have kept quiet, they were rewarded. An average Northern PDP POLITICIAN is mute on Jonathan Presidency, support it openly and you lose.

Saturday will be a crazy day, i can feel it
Re: Was Buhari Deliberately Given A Bloody Nose In Sokoto by Beaf: 8:39am On Apr 11, 2011
Genbuhari3:

are you still there? i hope you are aware that Buhari won sokoto by 80% in 2003 and 2007. it is a question of the candidates CPC fielded in those states.

Despite the power of incumbency which favours PDP, CPC without a single elected senator has won 6 senatorial seats (all 3 in his home state, 1 in FCT, 1 in Kaduna, 1 in Nasarawa) and several house of reps seat including my constituency in Lokoja and PDP VP's consituency.

Yobe, Gombe, Jigawa, Borno are still pending.

Like somebody said, this was a contest between brothers , Musa and Isah, not between strange fellows Musa and Moses!

PDP is panicking already while ACN and CPC held talks yesterday!

The presidential election is between a Musa and Moses, and an average hausa man knows the difference. just wait and see.

Question: 'How come the Northern Caucus of the National Assembly, Northern Governors have suddenly gone quiet on Jonathan's presidency unlike the case during the PDP Presidential Primaries?' Sherma did it and has paid dearly, Sambo is doing it, and he has paid dearly, the others have kept quiet, they were rewarded. An average Northern PDP POLITICIAN is mute on Jonathan Presidency, support it openly and you lose.

Saturday will be a crazy day, i can feel it

LOL!
I like the way you make the average out as a religiously fevered ethnic bigot. Dude, you will be proved wrong.

@topic
Buhari's loss has nothing to do with Shagari, and everything to do with the fact that he is damn primitive and blody clueless.
Re: Was Buhari Deliberately Given A Bloody Nose In Sokoto by recoome(m): 8:44am On Apr 11, 2011
@genbuhari3:then why didnt PDP member who organised GEJ's rally in kano(NW) win their elections, what of PDP landslide in jigawa? Stop decieving urself, even the northerners are tired of buhari & katsina people.
Re: Was Buhari Deliberately Given A Bloody Nose In Sokoto by KnowAll(m): 9:41am On Apr 11, 2011
I believe most CPC fans in the SW would now rally round Ribadu rather than vote Buhari. Buhari has failed to gain grassroot support in the NW and NE as touted. Getting the presidency would be a straight North v South ISSUE, not forgeting that Jo-boy is very strong in the middle belt as seen by the results from Plateau, Benue, Kogi, Kwara states and probably Taraba.
Re: Was Buhari Deliberately Given A Bloody Nose In Sokoto by Jarus(m): 10:30am On Apr 11, 2011

CPC trounced PDP in Babangida Aliyu's Niger too.
Re: Was Buhari Deliberately Given A Bloody Nose In Sokoto by KnowAll(m): 11:19am On Apr 11, 2011
CPC trounced PDP in Babangida Aliyu's Niger too

[b]I would like to commend the bravado attitude OF some BB fans and I share their optimism but I think at this junction it is high time to throw-in the towel rather than fight a senseless and un-winnable battle. PDP had it all planned, they would give up SW, but would fight and keep Benue, Akwa Ibom and the SE come what may, of course with overtly inflated figures that would run any challenger out of town. We are all witness to the Madame Dora and Ngige’s electoral fraud played out to the gallery, “ this one no be dem say” we all heard from the horses mouth “ the Resident Electoral Officer”.

How come the SW results where the first results to be released? And those of the SE, Benue, and Akwa Ibom came out late after serious and proper massaging of the figures.

To rig an election is a very complicated and elaborate process whereby the number of registered voters must match or tally the number of votes cast which in most cases it is either equal- to the number of registered voters OR less than the number of registered votes.

From a natural and common-sensical point of view not all registered voters would make it to the polling booth, if happenings in other climes are to be used as a yard stick, the number of votes cast is almost always lower than registered voters but in Nigeria, I can bet my last kobo it would be a different story, it would be equal if not more if the collation officers lose their marbles and forgot to take this salient point into reckoning, this is a misnomer, an abberation, if  I am allowed to use those words.

All these facts have to be taken into consideration when the final collations are gathered hence why results which are delayed should be viewed with suspicion. Justice delayed is Justice denied.

In most cases the number of votes cast might be half the number of the registered voters thereby giving room for unscrupulous officials to give that short fall to a favoured party or a candidate who has greased palms especially in remote areas.[/b]
Re: Was Buhari Deliberately Given A Bloody Nose In Sokoto by Beaf: 11:32am On Apr 11, 2011
^
With due respect sir, that is dangerous crap. ALL ward results were declared to voters right there and then, they are known and can be tallied.
It is best to lose gallantly, instead of starting up ridiculous rumours as if the audience is made up of cretins. Or do think you know better from your UK base than witnesses and participants?

Even Obj has taken his demotion on the chin like a man, same as Bankole; so why can't you?
Re: Was Buhari Deliberately Given A Bloody Nose In Sokoto by KnowAll(m): 11:44am On Apr 11, 2011
With due respect sir, that is dangerous crap. ALL ward results were declared to voters right there and then, they are known and can be tallied.
It is best to lose gallantly, instead of starting up ridiculous rumours as if the audience is made up of cretins.

Even Obj has taken his demotion on the chin like a man, same as Bankole; so why can't you

You and I know the scores. This is how the game is played. As the years goes by,  the PDP have become an expert at massaging final tallies without overtly doing them so as to raise suspicion. It is mostly done in PDP strongholds where rediculosly high figures would be accreditcted to their party and a neck to neck tie registered in opposition strong holds. I saw it played out with without a care in the world during the Delta State re-run.

Can you imagine a result like this

PDP -600,000 in Bayelsa, CPC 45,000

and

PDP-550,000 IN sOKOTO and CPC 575,000 IN SOKOTO.

The first result have created a defecit of 550,000 on behalf of CPC why the second result see CPC reduce the deficit by 20,000 thereby still giving PDP an advantage of having  530,000 votes that CPC needs to overturn.
Re: Was Buhari Deliberately Given A Bloody Nose In Sokoto by seal777(m): 12:44pm On Apr 11, 2011
@knowitall,
Have started rigging cos ur calculation is above Registered voter list in bayelsa.
Re: Was Buhari Deliberately Given A Bloody Nose In Sokoto by KnowAll(m): 12:53pm On Apr 11, 2011
@knowitall,
Have started rigging cos your calculation is above Registered voter list in bayelsa

Bayelsa is about 700,000+, what i put up there is just an example of how pdp rigs without you and I knowing - overt inflational figures where they are strong and a neck to neck figures where they are weak.

(1) (Reply)

Ribadu Remains In Presidencial Race! Cpc/Acn Talk Fails / Are Right Handed Leaders Special Breed ? E.g Lincoln, Churchill, Jakande / A Broadcast Message To The Good People Of Abia State, By T.a. Orji

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.