Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria (877 Views)

Pastor Poju Oyemade: "How Culture Is Destroying Christianity In Africa" / Prophet Who Practises Both Islam And Christianity In Kogi (Photos, Videos) / Muslim Girl Converts To Christianity In Jos And It's Causing Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by HISSCRIBE1995: 12:38am On Feb 28, 2021
The Islamic North has an agenda - conquer the nation, extinct the tribes , dominate the territory, rule forever.

The Christian South is divided along ethnic lines, no concrete fraternity, no collectivity.

Because the yoruba christian thinks he is yoruba, and shouldn't have anything to do with the igbos.
the igbos would say "I am an igbo MANU , a BIAFRAN, and then refuse to relate with his christian brothers from other ethnic groups.
the South- South christian would say" I am from South- South,from a peculiar tribe, and not igbo.
PLEASE ! PLEASE ! don't count me as igbo, I am of a different Creed, our cultures are different, so he also stays away.

HO ISREAL TO THINE TENT!.

The Christian in the middle - belt would rather go with the northerners because he believes those (Christians) of the South have nothing to do with HIM.
they don't remember nor defend us during persecution or when the wave of the Islamic ethnic cleansing jihad blows across the Christian States in the north.
States like, taraba, platue, kaduna, benue,( sub) gombe, adamawa, borno, bauchi.
These southern Christians would rather insult the northern Christians and call them hausa-slaves .

The biafran christian would rejoice when blood thirsty men drove to benue to drink blood from the veins of his innocent and helpless christian brother , because of he claims that they (the people of benue) never supported them during the biafran struggle, but allow them to suffer in the hands of their enemies while they watch them die .
Even though these benue man, woman and children are Christians .

HE WANTS REVENGE.

THE EAST would label the South "AFONJA THE SKULL HARVESTER " , and the WEST would label and SOUTH "MILITANTS , THUGS, and the likes, the SOUTH thinks the EAST are GOLD DIGGERS who want to eat from where they didn't sow by including their TERRITORY in the BIAFRAN MAP . (or something else )

There is NO BROTHERHOOD , NO LOVE, NO BOND or AFFECTION but , ANGER , STRIVES , HATRED , and DISUNITY .

The north (East, West, sub - central) are very United, and are well determine to dominate the South and rule forever.

You are shouting BUHARI !, BUHARI !! when you are part of the problem, you hate your own christian brother, and you are shouting "islamisation!"

hating on the north, but there is no love in the south.
The scripture says - 1 Thessalonians 4:9
[9]But concerning brotherly love you have no need that I should write to you, for you yourselves are taught by God to love one another;

A northerner from the north-west would claim to be hausa, another from the same North-east would claim to be hausa, another from North - central would claim to be the same hausa.

But it is not so in the south.
You can't come from South East and claim to be yoruba, you can't come from South- South and say you are yoruba, even when you say you are from Southwest they still ask you "are you yoruba? " the same with the igbo, calabar , ijaw, itseriki, bendel or any other so called ethnic groups from the south can't claim to come from any part of the South that there are not peculiar with.

But the fulani can claim to be from the west East or central part of the North without any controversy.

This is because their mindset is to conquer, dominate, and rule.

If you don't do something now, one day you will wake up to hear that a fulani man is claiming to have come from the south east, or south west or south South, and he is contesting for the governorship post.

I don't hate fulani or any tribe, for there are created in God's image.
I love everybody irregardless of their tribe or religion, but truth be told,
" we must not look on and allow some people to destroy us in the name of ethnic supremacy or religious duty (jihad) .

A wise man once said "the world is not an evil place because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.

We must see every christian from every nation, state, tribe, ethnicity, or region as a brother, and not as what they are designated to be called.

Any christian from the South, East, North, or West is your brother or sister and not a segregationists.

THE WORD OF OUR FATHER.

Philippians 2:14-15
[14]Do all things without complaining and disputing,
[15]that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,

Peace.
To be continued.
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by chatinent: 12:39am On Feb 28, 2021
Smiles.

It depends on the church.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by Fixey: 12:41am On Feb 28, 2021
The South South isn't igbo. We will all not stop saying it from now till Kingdom come
The SS will rather go to extreme measures in protecting it's interests, interests and principles without being arrogated duties, tags and rules to. We answer to one and control our destinies.

No matter how Ndigbo guilt trip or perpetuate varying ideology to spin the truths, it will never be our truth while there's life. South South is South South. Simple and clear. And. Back off
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by HISSCRIBE1995: 12:48am On Feb 28, 2021
chatinent:
Smiles.

It depends on the church.

We are talking unity you talking church.

Do they (killer herdsmen) ask which church does their victims belong before they kill them?

The answer is NO!

Then why are you talking church sir?

Please we need unity not division.

I don't care what ethnic group runs a church, we should go to church with the purpose of
fellowshiping, and not to belong .

Unite ho ye South!!!
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by chatinent: 12:51am On Feb 28, 2021
HISSCRIBE1995:

Do they (killer herdsmen) ask which church does their victims belong before they kill them?

The answer is NO!

I don't care what ethnic group runs a church, we should go to church with the purpose of

Unite ho ye South!!!

Don't get me wrong.

We are united in mine, nationwide, earth wide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by HISSCRIBE1995: 12:56am On Feb 28, 2021
Fixey:
The South South isn't igbo. We will all not stop saying it from now till Kingdom come
The SS will rather go to extreme measures in protecting it's interests, interests and principles without being arrogated duties, tags and rules to. We answer to one and control our destinies.

No matter how Ndigbo guilt trip or perpetuate varying ideology to spin the truths, it will never be our truth while there's life. South South is South South. Simple and clear. And. Back off

The hausas have being exercise Dominion over the land that weren't there up north, you didn't hear anything.

The fulanis are masters and Lords over the hausas, they never bothered

All we are calling for is unity between the South South and South East and not domination or lordship of one over the the other.

If the gruesome persecution, and marginalization of the East would stop, then the South has to give them the Hand of fellowship.

The South would without doubt face the same faith as the east in future if you refuse.

1 Like

Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by Jashub: 12:56am On Feb 28, 2021
OP you have stated the truth and it pains me greatly to see such divison existing in the camp of bible-believing christians. Some of our Christian brothers cherish their ethnic values and location over their religious identity. And it is through this that Muslims in Nigeria have taken full advantage of.
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by HISSCRIBE1995: 12:59am On Feb 28, 2021
Jashub:
OP you have stated the truth and it pains me greatly to see such divison existing in the camp of bible-believing christians. Some consider their ethnic values over their religious identity. And it is through this that Muslims in Nigeria have taken full advantage of.

Well said sir.

some People don't really know the agenda of these people, they think it's a joke
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by Fixey: 1:03am On Feb 28, 2021
HISSCRIBE1995:

The hausas have being exercise Dominion over the land that weren't there up north, you didn't hear anything.

The fulanis are masters and Lords over the hausas, they never bothered

All we are calling for is unity between the South South and South East and not domination or lordship of one over the the other.

If the gruesome persecution, and marginalization of the East would stop, then the South has to give them the Hand of fellowship.

The South would without doubt face the same faith as the east in future if you refuse.

And what singular tribe in the entire South South has ever been against any Ndigbo interest. Name it.

Until Ndigbo understands mutual respect, we will never see it as an entity worthy of such. Like you all think People of the SS are kids and don't understand the forceful igbo-name tagging of its enclaves, people and towns. All igbo wants it is partnership yen yen yen, and you tagged fulani and hausas as masters yet no one complains meaning igbos should be Lord over the south South. Tell me and others here the single thing that Ndigbo has to master, rule and control the south South that the south South doesn't have within itself. Tell us.

My dear. We are ready for whatever it takes to defend our interests with our blood. The time our fore father's waited for is now over the horizon. In due time, we will respond to everyone in Nigeria
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by Jashub: 1:22am On Feb 28, 2021
HISSCRIBE1995:

Well said sir.

I am an insider, so I know what's going on.

People down south don't really know the agenda of these people, they think it's a joke
But will our Christian brothers take it serious? Brother, muslims are hell-bent on dominating everywhere ; and they are very cooperative. And that is what I like about them; they know how link each other once they hear "Assalamu alaikum ". In fact once they hear those words (especially here up in the north) they will help each other into positions that will push their agenda.

But our Christian brethren are always busy marginalizing each other.

I can remember during my undergraduate days that muslims in my department where always topping the class: they would band together, eat together and form tutorial groups, and even go as far as assisting each other in the exam hall. But the christians would alway form "holy and righteous " and stay on their own without sharing their knowledge . Some would even go as far as hiding past questions from each other. All in the name of not letting the next man get a higher score and in the end, the Muslims will still outscore everyone other Christian.

It is not that the Christians were dull, but their lack of cooperation caused the lack of performance. And it is this same attitude that keeps manifesting itself in our society today
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by HISSCRIBE1995: 1:42am On Feb 28, 2021
Jashub:
But will our Christian brothers take it serious? Brother, muslims are hell-bent on dominating everywhere ; and they are very cooperative. And that is what I like about them; they know how link each other once they hear "Assalamu alaikum ". In fact once they hear those words (especially here up in the north) they will help each other into positions that will push their agenda.

But our Christian brethren are always busy marginalizing each other.

I can remember during my undergraduate days that muslims in my department where always topping the class: they would band together, eat together and form tutorial groups, and even go as far as assisting each other in the exam hall. But the christians would alway form "holy and righteous " and stay on their own without sharing their knowledge . Some would even go as far as hiding past questions from each other. All in the name of not letting the next man get a higher score and in the end, the Muslims will still outscore everyone other Christian.

It is not that the Christians were dull, but their lack of cooperation caused the lack of performance. And it is this same attitude that keeps manifesting itself in our society today

Sir.
The Arabic language, Arab culture and Arab interest (propagation of islam in order to sell their culture) is the meeting point for the Muslim that are very religious.

The hausas understood this, that is why they got ride of their own culture, and adopted the Arab culture in other to form a unified North.

What is sustaining the peace in the south is the cultural bonds that is between the Muslims and Christians if not the Southwest would have become a war torn area like the north.

The culture of the North is islam, so they get what islam has to offer.

1 Like

Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by HISSCRIBE1995: 7:38am On Feb 28, 2021
The cultural differences is also a factor.
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by allen113: 7:45am On Feb 28, 2021
OK
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by HISSCRIBE1995: 1:09pm On Mar 28, 2021
I'm back again
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by HISSCRIBE1995: 8:27am On May 13, 2021
God's work is your work
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by Eviana(f): 2:16pm On May 13, 2021
Very interesting piece. I liked it.
I wonder why "tribe" is so much more important than being brethren in Christ Jesus? Followers of Christ Jesus.....first & foremost.
I've noticed folks saying, "I'm a such-and-such man first." So then how can one who allegedly claims "born again" (with that tribal-first mind-set) look at another person from another tribe (who is also born-again) as a brethren without prejudice? Something's wrong somewhere....in the heart.
That boggles my mind....
When Christ has truly taken hold of a person, race, ethnicity, tribe should instantly become secondary....
Something has to differentiate Christ' sincere followers from the false.

1 Like

Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by Dtruthspeaker: 3:00pm On May 13, 2021
First, Most who claim Christians are not Truly Christians.

Secondly, tribal segregation is Proof of being Anti-Christ!

Therefore, thirdly, tribal segregation is only weakening and destroying those who are not Christians!

1 Like

Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:08pm On May 13, 2021
HISSCRIBE1995:

The answer is NO!
Unite ho ye South!!!
Jesus Christ is famously know to have said, "my Kingdom is not of this world....". undecided

You are busy fighting battles that have to do with this world and the things of this world. - ethnic bigotry, church businesses and their denominations, group fellowshiping, and unity - are you certain any of that matters where the message of Jesus Christ is concerned? undecided

Again, Jesus Christ said of His followers.." ...though they are in the world, they are not of the world...". undecided
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by HISSCRIBE1995: 10:16am On May 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ is famously know to have said, "my Kingdom is not of this world....". undecided

You are busy fighting battles that have to do with this world and the things of this world. - ethnic bigotry, church businesses and their denominations, group fellowshiping, and unity - are you certain any of that matters where the message of Jesus Christ is concerned? undecided

Again, Jesus Christ said of His followers.." ...though they are in the world, they are not of the world...". undecided

If there is a battle against the church and you fight back is it a battle of the world?
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by HISSCRIBE1995: 10:17am On May 18, 2021
Kobojunkie:

If there is a battle against the church and you fight back is it a battle of the world sir ?
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by LilMissFavvy(f): 12:27pm On May 18, 2021
I have always wondered why the Niger Delta states ie entire south south of Nigeria refuse to join East/West Nigeria in this agitation. In a news last year, one of the governors said his state was not a Biafra state. I guess it's because the igbos are not seen as straightfor*ward, the north seen as terro*rists, while the west have close affinity with the north and has a great number of Moslems. Wether we like it or not, religion has a great effect on how Nigerians view/accept each other. So I wouldn't be surprised if chaos erupts now, and a Yoruba moslem supports his hausa/Fulani MOSLEM neighbor to slain the Christian Igbos/Niger Deltans. What I'm trying to say is that, yoruba land has a huge number of ISLAM followers, we can't trust them. Remember that their religion supports forceful conversion, killing for their beliefs, etc which is in complete contrast to the beliefs of Christianity.

I am beginning to hear news about the North accepting the idea of a secession. The question remains, is a peaceful secession possible? Peaceful secession is what we need. Of course the Hausas would remain with the Fulani, they are one and the same. Middle belt would chose where they wish to belong. The yorubas have their own land, while Niger Delta would have theirs as well. Looks like the country is sitting on a time bomb, God help us.
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:24pm On May 18, 2021
HISSCRIBE1995:

If there is a battle against the church and you fight back is it a battle of the world sir ?
You mean a battle between your churches which are business entities registered in this world and belonging to the Kingdom of men? undecided
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 3:30am On May 19, 2021
Shun tribal segregation and replace it with religious segregation.
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 4:41am On May 19, 2021
BeLookingIDIOT:
Shun tribal segregation and replace it with religious segregation.
This according to whose wisdom? Can't you see that they are part and parcel of the same problem? undecided
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 1:00pm On May 19, 2021
Kobojunkie:
This according to whose wisdom? Can't you see that they are part and parcel of the same problem? undecided
That's what I'm trying to point out
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 1:09pm On May 19, 2021
BeLookingIDIOT:

That's what I'm trying to point out
ok. undecided
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by HISSCRIBE1995: 9:27am On Jun 04, 2021
We need unity among Christians
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 9:33am On Jun 04, 2021
HISSCRIBE1995:
We need unity among Christians
So you can continue to strengthen the kingdoms of men here on earth? undecided
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by HISSCRIBE1995: 7:50am On Jun 15, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So you can continue to strengthen the kingdoms of men here on earth? undecided

What is the kingdom of men, and how does that kingdom came to be?
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 8:21am On Jun 15, 2021
HISSCRIBE1995:

What is the kingdom of men, and how does that kingdom came to be?
The world in which we live out our days is the Kingdom of men. undecided
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by HISSCRIBE1995: 5:06pm On Dec 12, 2021
Blessed Sunday ,
Blessed week
Re: How Tribal Segregation Is Weakling Christianity In Nigeria by HISSCRIBE1995: 5:10pm On Dec 24, 2023
THIS WILL BE OF HELP IN SOLVING THE TRIBAL WAR ON THIS FORUM

(1) (2) (Reply)

Etymology Of The Words BANTU And HEBREW / ONE WORLD RELIGION: Evangelical, Muslim And Jewish Leaders Are Set To Unite / Opinions Of Muslim Members On The Platform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.