Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,515 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

What’s Your Go To Scripture When Things Aren’t Going The Way You Want? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What’s Your Go To Scripture When Things Aren’t Going The Way You Want? (220 Views)

Things Aren’t Fine, We Need Your Forgiveness - Happie Boiz Beg Apostle Chinyere / Look To Scripture, Not The Pope, For God’s View On Sexuality, Southern... / Ose Ti Nkan Bale Tan(soap To Use To Open Way When Things Become More Difficult) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What’s Your Go To Scripture When Things Aren’t Going The Way You Want? by Badabada(m): 8:02am On Feb 28, 2021
Mine:

Isaiah 43:1-3 Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you

when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.

And
Jeremiah 32:27
I am the lord, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for me ?

2 Likes

Re: What’s Your Go To Scripture When Things Aren’t Going The Way You Want? by Badabada(m): 8:47am On Feb 26, 2023
Re: What’s Your Go To Scripture When Things Aren’t Going The Way You Want? by orisa37: 9:38am On Feb 26, 2023
IT'S A TEST OF FAITH.
KEEP PRAISING AND PRAYING GOD.
HAPPY SUNDAY.

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Go To Scripture When Things Aren’t Going The Way You Want? by Kobojunkie: 9:40am On Feb 26, 2023
Badabada:
Mine:Isaiah 43:1-3
Jeremiah 32:27
Scripture is not meant to be used as if a collection of Talismans. undecided

1 Like

Re: What’s Your Go To Scripture When Things Aren’t Going The Way You Want? by efficiencie(m): 12:30pm On Feb 26, 2023
I know my thoughts towards you, they are thoughts of peace and not of evil to give you and expected end.
Re: What’s Your Go To Scripture When Things Aren’t Going The Way You Want? by Eviana(f): 2:05pm On Feb 26, 2023
Oh....tough question for me in a sense.
I apologize for my "long-winded-ness" aka "epistles" as Nigerians tend to say.
I tend to think of multiple scriptures for certain categories:
I tend to always keep Isaiah 54:17 (KJV) as my protection scripture.

But if things don't seem to be going my way pertaining to a specific situation-- in the way that I fully believe it should go--I go to

Romans 8:28 (KJV)
"And we know that ALL things work together for good to THEM that LOVE God and are THE CALLED according to His purpose."

So looking at that scripture, one can see the conditions--and the allowance of God's will --for whatever needs be in the specfic situation- to take precedence. It's kinda like a selfless-ness that has to join with the believer's perceived thoughts regardless of the outcome.

I have to remember that IF I am daily striving--with the Lord's help--to live a life pleasing to Christ, then I can rest assured on His promises through scripture.

(1) (Reply)

My Husband bleeps His Church Members Inside The Church – Divorce Seeking Pastor’s / Understand Prayer In A Different Way. Prayer Is The Engine Oil Of A Believer. / Beware Of False Prophets, doctrines and gospel -This is for Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.