Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,942 members, 7,863,338 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 03:46 PM

Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" (2233 Views)

Northern Food And Cattle Dealers Threaten To Stop Food Supply Nationwide / Darah: Threat To Withdraw Northern Food Supplies To Rivers, A Welcome Challenge / Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by BastardWike: 12:58pm On Feb 28, 2021
Oshigun:

Lol. The IPOBian is in painment. You Igbos will always be twisted up inside because of your hatred for Yorubas. Are the North threatening food supply to the SW only? Have they told you they will supply the SE and SS with food to only boycott the SW? Mumu.

Even at times like this we can trust that the primordial hate Igbos have in their heart for Yorubas will cloud their sense of right and wrong.

Most Yorubas can now see through Igbo and IPOB obsession with provoking the Yorubas into helping them end the "Zoo". We saw it with #EndSARS and learnt lessons.

Even if the blockade of food is targeted at SW alone then leave us to address it how we see fit. Enjoy your food from the North and shut your mouth about how the SW should respond. Not your business.

You boasted and bragged about ESN and "Igbos handling their business". What is the fate of ESN today after una initial gra gra and chest-beating?

You're still speaking in cowardice, and yes the threat is on SW alone, and not SE and SS. They've been saying it since and now they're matching words with action yet all you do is to hope it all fades away shocked shocked

My dear, when faced by a bully, you don't run away and avoid him, if you do that he will continue to get bold and humiliate you the more, rather you challenge him with whatever you have so that next time he will think twice before challenging you.

They know what will happen should they threaten the SE and SS with food embargo the way they're doing to you guys and that's why they chose the path of least resistance by isolating you guys while avoiding us.

Yoruba ronu! Wake up before it's too late, you all are sleeping on top of speeding bike grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by gentiles(m): 1:09pm On Feb 28, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Well thank God we have direct access to Land and Sea border in the South west

Demand drives supply not the other way around.

I hope the Northerners understand this basic principle of economics.
Why are you guys so naive and gullible in yorubaland? You love chestbeating, yet you are the weakest link in the south. You are known nationwide for ur lazyness and cowardly traits. FYI, I am yoruba, but you guys attitude on social media is disgusting.
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by Iamgrey5(m): 1:17pm On Feb 28, 2021
gentiles:

Why are you guys so naive and gullible in yorubaland? You love chestbeating, yet you are the weakest link in the south. You are known nationwide for ur lazyness and cowardly traits. FYI, I am yoruba, but you guys attitude on social media is disgusting.
If you feel Lazy and cowardly, you should be proud to label yourself and maybe your entire family as such. grin

We have world class engineers, Doctors lawyers amongst every professionals known world over that obviously see themselves as worthy humans.

We have professionals fighters world over that has shown up as brave and strong who obviously see themselves as worthy humans

Obviously you and your family must have achieved very little in life to see yourself as you described earlier.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by Etrusen(m): 1:21pm On Feb 28, 2021
Ojiofor:

Didn't Buhari government closed all land borders in the south since last year?

so because he closed it now means that it doesn't exist ?

once things get out of hand now those place will be like your own backyard

dey there
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by Ojiofor: 5:18pm On Feb 28, 2021
Etrusen:

so because he closed it now means that it doesn't exist ?

once things get out of hand now those place will be like your own backyard

dey there

I said they control your borders,how does that mean it doesn't exist?
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by Blue3k(m): 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2021
Godarz:

You've just won the first price for the 'Describe Nairaland in a sentence' contest. cheesy

All that is happening in Nigeria, na wash.

I can recall the student riots of 1986...was very young. Wihtin a few months...back to normal

Or the tension around June 12 1993...even before Abacha coup, back to normal...

Well hopefully we all live long to learn through experience like you have.

1 Like

Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by Etrusen(m): 6:22pm On Feb 28, 2021
Ojiofor:

I said they control your borders,how does that mean it doesn't exist?

when wahala start we go know who get am

Abeg nor mention me again
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by Ojiofor: 6:42pm On Feb 28, 2021
Etrusen:

when wahala start we go know who get am

Abeg nor mention me again

We no dey fight na,please be calming down.
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by Teetee777: 7:17am On Mar 01, 2021
Teetee777:
This week, things will go back to normal because;

1 some sellers or farmers has now counting their loss

2. Buyer don't have anything to loose than the time to waste b4 getting another seller

3. The price of the market will come down in all northern state market because of this strike

4. News that northern has diverted their market to neighboring countries were not true, if it is true, those trailers lining up at boarders to enter southern states would have turn back and go to other country

5. So right now, they are now counting their losses, buyer don't have anything to loose than the price of the market which going to increase till they get another supplier
I said it that the strike will not last till this week, I was informed this morning that all the trucks at Jebba have move down to south this morning and the strike has ended
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by Blue3k(m): 7:27am On Mar 01, 2021
Nobody wants to bet on a "northern victory" of sorts? It's interesting most here agrees the status quo will return. Only one or two people see a paradigm shift occuring over this.
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by yorubarere: 8:01am On Mar 01, 2021
Ojiofor:

Didn't Buhari government closed all land borders in the south since last year?
And u think they can stop us from using what belongs to us? I laugh cheesy
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by Ojiofor: 12:02pm On Mar 01, 2021
yorubarere:

And u think they can stop us from using what belongs to us? I laugh cheesy

They can actually decide what goes out and what comes in through your borders at the moment that is the reality.
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by yorubarere: 12:44pm On Mar 01, 2021
Ojiofor:

They can actually decide what goes out and what comes in through your borders at the moment that is the reality.
Lol... Omo Igbo, why are you so bothered about how Yoruba would handle things? cheesy
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by Ojiofor: 1:20pm On Mar 01, 2021
yorubarere:

Lol... Omo Igbo, why are you so bothered about how Yoruba would handle things? cheesy

Nwa Ofe mmanu,We are actually discussing Nigeria politics and Nigeria internal borders.
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by Blue3k(m): 8:00pm On Mar 01, 2021
The association’s National President, Chief Bako Benjamin, said those individuals calling for the boycott of food supply to the South were speaking for themselves and not the entire population of the North, which the Middle Belt is part of.

Market forces already moving as predicted. Who's really going to leave money on the table. The people talking to dress up their actions in brotherly rhetoric but they're just trying to get paid.
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by Blue3k(m): 3:04am On Mar 03, 2021
Teetee777:

I said it that the strike will not last till this week, I was informed this morning that all the trucks at Jebba have move down to south this morning and the strike has ended

I think it's too early to give you credit. It seems the embargo still on going.
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by blackpanda: 3:41am On Mar 03, 2021
Blue3k:
The status quo will return in 3 months or less. Right now it's just pointless chestbeating by certain parties. Nobody going to leave an untapped market to be unserved and risk losing market share.

Then u don't know northerners. They don't mind losing money in pursuit of justice. The truth is that we need this type of embargo even if it's only to remind some people that we are all important in nigeria
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by orisa37: 3:58am On Mar 03, 2021
MACBAN IS DESPERATELY SELFISH.
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by Blue3k(m): 4:58am On Mar 03, 2021
blackpanda:

Then u don't know northerners. They don't mind losing money in pursuit of justice. The truth is that we need this type of embargo even if it's only to remind some people that we are all important in nigeria

Go on the record and make ur prediction. As far as in concerned money talks at the end of the day. This is why these criminal elements have to force compliance illegally by detaining goods. Either way the market will correct itself imports and new suppliers will enter market. 3 months of loses and status quo will return.
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by seunlayi(m): 5:47am On Mar 03, 2021
It will end this week.... North economy is dying
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by Blue3k(m): 2:15pm On Mar 03, 2021
seunlayi:
It will end this week.... North economy is dying

Noted
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by Blue3k(m): 3:55pm On Mar 03, 2021
@blackpanda looks like they gave up their embargo.
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by Emempaul(m): 7:27pm On Mar 03, 2021
Blue3k:
@blackpanda looks like they gave up their embargo.

it seems covertly, money done change hands courtesy of aso-rock via backdoor channels

Bello and ffk as poster boys say it all

The reports they must have been getting was not in their favour as they must have know some tactical play the South were about to pull. whatever it was, it was definitely to their disfavor hence the immediate stopping of the strike.

let's give it to the North, they tried sha but you don't start such a thing without covering all parameters. if the south be it south east, south south or south west were to pull this, I can guarantee that they would meet their demands you doubt me then take a look at the Nlc or even the then avengers

Next time you want to grand stand make sure you have the backing of those that matter
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by Blue3k(m): 7:33pm On Mar 03, 2021
Emempaul:

it seems covertly, money done change hands courtesy of aso-rock via backdoor channels

Bello and ffk as poster boys say it all

Aso rock paid them for what? It makes more sense they incurred losses they couldnt stomach. The plan was stupid and not a single concession was given after this tantrum.
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by Emempaul(m): 7:38pm On Mar 03, 2021
Blue3k:

Aso rock paid them for what? It makes more sense they incurred losses they couldnt stomach. The plan was stupid and not a single concession was given after this tantrum.

not the farmers naa. they were just collateral damage. do you think that idiot smiling was smiling for the camera?

he was smiling at his now heavy bank alert
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by Blue3k(m): 7:42pm On Mar 03, 2021
Emempaul:

not the farmers naa. they were just collateral damage. do you think that idiot smiling was smiling for the camera?

he was smiling at his now heavy bank alert

Again why would the FG pay them? The issue would resolve itself either way without their involvement. These guys hold no leverage over the FG. Anyway believe what you want.
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by Emempaul(m): 8:05pm On Mar 03, 2021
Blue3k:

Again why would the FG pay them? The issue would resolve itself either way without their involvement. These guys hold no leverage over the FG. Anyway believe what you want.

yes don't hold any leverage it terms of these so called strike. What we just witnessed was the north testing how strong they were. Now remember the military on Monday claimed the they had cleared the road for free vehicular movement only for images to arrive online to show that nothing of such happened. Then the dss invited the chairman the whatever they call themselves. and we didn't even hear anything about what was discussed. did you hear even the northern governors complain.

the answer is no because its not hurting them. if they want to go on strike let them, those Yoruba own don too much " will be their mentality

What was displayed was that their leverage of holding power. Stop to think if this was a southern person that called for the strike, dss would have arrested or threaten him with arrest, all the northern governors would have called for his head for challenge the constituted authority, we would have seen different press release of northern estract demand the immediate stopping of the strike and invoke the power of the dss on him.

They paid money not for any justifiable reason other than the fact that this is my brother, na we dey presidency, come take your share shut up make we hear word.

like I said earlier, the farmers were just collateral damage. they never really cared about them. remember this is a traders and sellers union not a farmers union. if they want their shar they can fight for it too. and I am just as sure that the same thing will play out. unlike their southern counterparts, the north are very predictable
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by Blue3k(m): 8:20pm On Mar 03, 2021
Emempaul:

yes don't hold any leverage it terms of these so called strike. What we just witnessed was the north testing how strong they were. Now remember the military on Monday claimed the they had cleared the road for free vehicular movement only for images to arrive online to show that nothing of such happened. Then the dss invited the chairman the whatever they call themselves. and we didn't even hear anything about what was discussed. did you hear even the northern governors complain.

the answer is no because its not hurting them. if they want to go on strike let them, those Yoruba own don too much " will be their mentality

What was displayed was that their leverage of holding power. Stop to think if this was a southern person that called for the strike, dss would have arrested or threaten him with arrest, all the northern governors would have called for his head for challenge the constituted authority, we would have seen different press release of northern estract demand the immediate stopping of the strike and invoke the power of the dss on him.

They paid money not for any justifiable reason other than the fact that this is my brother, na we dey presidency, come take your share shut up make we hear word.

like I said earlier, the farmers were just collateral damage. they never really cared about them. remember this is a traders and sellers union not a farmers union. if they want their shar they can fight for it too. and I am just as sure that the same thing will play out. unlike their southern counterparts, the north are very predictable

I stand corrected an article came out stating the FG paid compensation. The FG ranout to pay members over endsars.

The Amalgamated Union of Foodstuffs and Cattle Dealers in Nigeria (AUFCDN) has called off its nationwide strike after the Federal Government agreed to pay them N4.75 billion to them.
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by Emempaul(m): 8:38pm On Mar 03, 2021
Blue3k:

I stand corrected an article came out stating the FG paid compensation. The FG ranout to pay members over endsars.

oh trust me they won't pay that money to the so called union. like I said look at that short idiot in the center smiling. His account is ringing alert in tens of millions along with maybe 3 to 7 other trusted members who can keep their mouth shut. When it comes to the politics nepotism and tribalism, the northern fulani elite plays the game best. others are learners
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by baralatie(m): 8:44pm On Mar 03, 2021
Emempaul:

like I said earlier, the farmers were just collateral damage . they never really cared about them. remember this is a traders and sellers union not a farmers union. if they want their shar they can fight for it too. and I am just as sure that the same thing will play out. unlike their southern counterparts, the north are very predictable
so the aim was to cash in the buhari led govt to fleece out money to the elite few

and this is a mind blowing discovery (not a discovery anyway.it has been a north character)
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by Emempaul(m): 8:58pm On Mar 03, 2021
baralatie:

so the aim was to cash in the buhari led govt to fleece out money to the elite few

Do you think that that impostor is your president. or the he has any real power.
have you stop to think why our darling president hasn't shown face in public for some years now and y a 78 year old skin suddenly looks like 40year old.
not to digress further the presidency is runned by a cabal that see this doling nothing to them so that noise makers don't draw to much attention to their kleptomaniac rave. Give them the money let them shut up if not, a bigger crisis will arise that will be their own undoing
Re: Post Predictions About "Northern Food Embargo" by seunlayi(m): 3:54pm On Mar 06, 2021
Blue3k:
How do you think this so called embargo will end post your predictions on the thread. Win internet brownie points for your predictive prowess.

Front page: Lalasticlala mynd44

Congrats to the winners who predicted correctly Teetee777 seunlayi Gandollaar. All these users said it would not last a week.

infact, the north still went ahead asking for compensations grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Is An Igbo Town - Daily Times 1956 / Biafra: Finally Nnamdi Kanu Meets With Family Speaks Way Forward / Re: The Olu Of Warri Got It Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.