Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,357 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Chibok Community Contributes Money To Meet Shekau, Save Pastor Given One-week Ul - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chibok Community Contributes Money To Meet Shekau, Save Pastor Given One-week Ul (865 Views)

ISWAP Attacks Chibok Community, Dislodges Troops / Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi / Tricycle, Motorcycle Operators In Nsukka Given One-Month To Obtain Number Plates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chibok Community Contributes Money To Meet Shekau, Save Pastor Given One-week Ul by November1857(m): 8:55am On Feb 28, 2021
EXCLUSIVE: Chibok Community Contributes Money To Meet Shekau, Save Pastor Given One-Week Ultimatum
Yakuru had said he was in pain and would like to be reunited with his family members, church, and relatives.

The Chibok community in Borno State, including residents, family, and church members of Pastor Bulus Yakuru has contributed money as a ransom and plans to meet Boko Haram factional leader, Abubakar Shekau, to secure the life of the pastor who has been given a one-week ultimatum to live.

SaharaReporters gathered that elders in the Chibok community are presently calling for help to get to Shekau, after having raised the money to ensure that Yakuru, whose family and church members are “seriously distressed” was not killed by the insurgents.

Top elders in Chibok confirmed to SaharaReporters that Pastor Yakuru was married with three children, and his wife had terrible depression and was desperately hoping he was not killed by the Boko Haram terrorists.

Last Friday, the pastor cried out in a video sent by the Boko Haram to President Muhammadu Buhari, the Borno State government, and the Christian Association of Nigeria from the terrorists’ den, begging that he had been given one week to live.

Yakuru had said he was in pain and would like to be reunited with his family members, church, and relatives.

The Boko Haram struck Pemi village in Borno, only about 20 kilometres from Chibok, on December 24, 2020, during which the pastor was taken away.

A Chibok top community elder told SaharaReporters that some money had been raised by all of the stakeholders as a ransom, and they were planning to meet Shekau’s men to deliver it for Yakuru’s life.

He said, “Before we saw that video, we had started to take action to contribute money together. We have raised a substantial amount of money as ransom for our beloved pastor. When we saw that video, it only added to our depression. We want to meet Shekau or his men to give them the money. Please, let them collect the ransom and spare Pastor Bulus.

“Anyone who can help us to reach out to Shekau and his camp should inform them that we have ransom to pay and we plead that Pastor Bulus is not killed after one week as they said. We have the ransom. We are ready to pay it. Bulus’ wife has been in crisis. I still saw her last week and she had serious depression.”

Chibok was where the Boko Haram abducted hundreds of schoolgirls in 2014 – some of whom have yet to be released till date.

The terrorists in the video had started a countdown over Yakuru’s life, whom they promised to kill if their demands were not met.

The threats of the insurgents could not be taken lightly as they killed three nurses and a worker with the Action Against Hunger, a humanitarian organisation last year, under the same circumstance – a murder which attracted only condemnation from both national and international organisations.

“Today is the last day I will have the opportunity to call on you in your capacity as my parents and relatives in the country. Anyone who has the intention should help and save me. Please release me from this pain,” Yakuru had stated in the video released by Boko Haram last Wednesday.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/02/28/exclusive-chibok-community-contributes-money-meet-shekau-save-pastor-given-one-week

Re: Chibok Community Contributes Money To Meet Shekau, Save Pastor Given One-week Ul by chatinent: 8:57am On Feb 28, 2021
This is so inhumane and tragic.

I can't just imagine sb telling me I have a week to live or risk being beheaded in a brute way if ransom is not met!

You'll just die before you die on the D-day.

More so, this clearly shows the pastor is very human like every other pastors. All the miracles, signs and wonders, visions, tongues, prophecy, and deliverance was just for the church, and for the monetary benefits!

1 Like

Re: Chibok Community Contributes Money To Meet Shekau, Save Pastor Given One-week Ul by tigook: 8:58am On Feb 28, 2021
It is well
Re: Chibok Community Contributes Money To Meet Shekau, Save Pastor Given One-week Ul by EmekaBlue(m): 8:59am On Feb 28, 2021
Kidnapping and Ransom payment everywhere

walahi dem don yeye this zoo country almost finish
Re: Chibok Community Contributes Money To Meet Shekau, Save Pastor Given One-week Ul by Beremx(f): 9:07am On Feb 28, 2021
It is well with you pastor.

Dunno what to say again. So sad
Re: Chibok Community Contributes Money To Meet Shekau, Save Pastor Given One-week Ul by Igboarecriminal(f): 9:08am On Feb 28, 2021
We don't negotiate with terrorists but since is a pastor let negotiate. FG is wrong negotiating with Bandits for release of students
Re: Chibok Community Contributes Money To Meet Shekau, Save Pastor Given One-week Ul by habsydiamond(m): 9:19am On Feb 28, 2021
This people must be from mars.... They are heartless and cowards, cos if they are not they would have faced the army in physical combat and not hiding inside the bush
Re: Chibok Community Contributes Money To Meet Shekau, Save Pastor Given One-week Ul by CandyOps(m): 9:36am On Feb 28, 2021
I think they should pray and sing like Paul & Silas did. And let the Holy Ghost do the needful.

The fact they've already started putting money together for the ransom kinda makes me think they either know the 'holy book' is actually a joke and impractical or it's just their smokescreen to rip off their congregation.

Either ways I think the Bandits just called their bluffs. And it's up to God to redeem his face or forever STFU
Re: Chibok Community Contributes Money To Meet Shekau, Save Pastor Given One-week Ul by Olatundeawo(m): 9:47am On Feb 28, 2021
U sure say we get leaders nw
Re: Chibok Community Contributes Money To Meet Shekau, Save Pastor Given One-week Ul by tungamaje: 9:52am On Feb 28, 2021
CandyOps:
I think they should pray and sing like Paul & Silas did. And let the Holy Ghost do the needful.

The fact they've already started putting money together for the ransom kinda makes me think they either know the 'holy book' is actually a joke and impractical or it's just their smokescreen to rip off their congregation.

Either ways I think the Bandits just called their bluffs. And it's up to God to redeem his face or forever STFU

You are free to mock. But we Christians believe in miracles. If it is the will of God, he will be delivered, if not let God's will be done

3 Likes

Re: Chibok Community Contributes Money To Meet Shekau, Save Pastor Given One-week Ul by CandyOps(m): 9:54am On Feb 28, 2021
tungamaje:

You are free to mock. But we Christians believe in miracles. If it is the will of God, he will be delivered, if not let God's will be done

Mock?! Then do the needful and stop paying monies to those devil's advocate bro
Re: Chibok Community Contributes Money To Meet Shekau, Save Pastor Given One-week Ul by backnbeta(f): 9:56am On Feb 28, 2021
It is well undecided
Re: Chibok Community Contributes Money To Meet Shekau, Save Pastor Given One-week Ul by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:05am On Feb 28, 2021
CandyOps:

Why mock Christians when it's the government you should be mocking!
Re: Chibok Community Contributes Money To Meet Shekau, Save Pastor Given One-week Ul by CandyOps(m): 10:27am On Feb 28, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

Why mock Christians when it's the government you should be mocking!

I'm stating an obvious fact. The meaning you read into it is your headache not mine. Besides, its simple logic... If Paul and Silas waited on the Roman officials for bail they'd be prolly dead (not like they aren't atm)

Guy I no get time to begin engage people wey dey superstitious online. I'd rather talk to my dog. At least he understands and communicates better. Una sabi round matter round and round while avoiding the obvious truth
Re: Chibok Community Contributes Money To Meet Shekau, Save Pastor Given One-week Ul by EMMY76: 10:35am On Feb 28, 2021
What is even the guarantee that they will eventually set free after collecting the ransom those people are salvages?
Re: Chibok Community Contributes Money To Meet Shekau, Save Pastor Given One-week Ul by Co00: 10:37am On Feb 28, 2021
Buhari is a cow
Re: Chibok Community Contributes Money To Meet Shekau, Save Pastor Given One-week Ul by Righteousness2(m): 11:21am On Feb 28, 2021
I Believe without any Doubt that by the Grace and Mercies of GOD, Pastor Yakuru will be Released ...

1 Like

Re: Chibok Community Contributes Money To Meet Shekau, Save Pastor Given One-week Ul by xpressionx(m): 11:32am On Feb 28, 2021
Please who has a map of Nigeria on white paper so we can use scissors and divide Nigeria once and for all.
Re: Chibok Community Contributes Money To Meet Shekau, Save Pastor Given One-week Ul by youngblaq: 11:34am On Feb 28, 2021
This is just one out of many...
Re: Chibok Community Contributes Money To Meet Shekau, Save Pastor Given One-week Ul by StaffofOrayan(m): 1:02pm On Feb 28, 2021
CandyOps:

I'm stating an obvious fact. The meaning you read into it is your headache not mine. Besides, its simple logic... If Paul and Silas waited on the Roman officials for bail they'd be prolly dead (not like they aren't atm)

Guy I no get time to begin engage people wey dey superstitious online. I'd rather talk to my dog. At least he understands and communicates better. Una sabi round matter round and round while avoiding the obvious truth

Oga you have no point,
USA recently rescued their citizens in Nigeria,
And they would tell you they are a majority Christian nation,

Don't try and minimize the role of the useless government
Re: Chibok Community Contributes Money To Meet Shekau, Save Pastor Given One-week Ul by Warripikine: 1:42pm On Feb 28, 2021
Next time, rise up in protest or you'll keep paying shekau all your lives

(1) (Reply)

Aisha Yesuf Fires Back At Garba Shehu, Said D Government Is Down Already- Video / PANDEF Blasts Lawan Insists That Presidency Must Come To The South / How Ahmed Gulak Was Murdered By Armed Bandits.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.