Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi (2878 Views)

Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) / Gumi: Bandits Should Be Adequately Compensated With Enough Money & Lands / Horrific Bloodshed And Killings In Oyigbo: Full Story By Premium Times (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by deantimes(m): 3:29pm On Oct 01, 2021
Violent herdsmen in Northern Nigeria who have resorted to banditry should be given one-third of $1 billion before killings and kidnappings which they spearhead will stop, Islamic cleric, Sheik Ahmad Gumi, has demanded.

“For three year’s you have spent $1 billion, and now you need another $1 billion. But, I said one-third of that will enlighten them, and they will stop killing. Have you tried it? Nobody tried it,” Mr Gumi suggested on Thursday at a peace conference by the Center for the Advancement of Human Dignity and Value held at Arewa House in Kaduna State.

The self-appointed negotiator of the criminals who has in the past demanded amnesty for them also said bandits and their families ought to be respected and accorded human rights privileges other Nigerians enjoy.

“The bandits also have empathy as we have; they have families, children. The first step is to use psychology on them. They aired their grievances and are ready to change.

“They should be respected and should be given all the human rights everybody has,” he added.

ALSO READ: Why Northern govs are afraid of power shift to South: Political Analyst

His stance that the criminals will turn over a new leaf when pardoned differs from those of Katsina, Niger and Zamfara State governments who have partnered with the criminals and regretted their actions.

The governors of the afro-mentioned states have all publicly lamented how bandits they granted amnesty with financial and material support reneged thereafter and continued their nefarious activities.

Source: https://todaypoliticsng.com/bandits-should-be-respected-given-one-third-of-1-billion-and-killings-will-stop-gumi/

1 Like

Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 01, 2021
Ok
Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by duro4chang(m): 3:34pm On Oct 01, 2021
Give them all the money in the whole world they are still coming back. They can never be placated.

4 Likes

Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 01, 2021
grin

11 Likes

Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by Hellobitchymods: 3:40pm On Oct 01, 2021
grin Give bandits $1billion or half of it and they'll use it to buy more advanced military hardwares from the US wey no dey use eye see money. That time the Nigerian army wouldn't be a match for them again since they're currently on par.

Sometimes I wonder how I came to become countrymen with these abōkis. undecided I really regret being a Nigerian ngl undecided

13 Likes

Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by realstars: 3:44pm On Oct 01, 2021
No smoke without fire, Gumi is the dirty leader and the founder of this idiots.
Soon the north will vote more criminals into political offices, which they have allready don.

7 Likes

Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by Freebirs(f): 3:44pm On Oct 01, 2021
Xo u go get your share
Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by Freestainworld(m): 3:59pm On Oct 01, 2021
This man is a bandit himself, he is just disgusting under the name of an Islamic scholar, but we all know he is a known terrorist.

2 Likes

Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by Mayng01(m): 4:01pm On Oct 01, 2021
Is this man insane!
Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by tutudesz: 4:01pm On Oct 01, 2021
Only kaduna get Elzakzaky and Gumi undecided serioiously we can now understand why such killing is going on in southern kaduna

10 Likes

Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by SarkinYarki: 4:03pm On Oct 01, 2021
This man keeps proving he is part of the bandit complex
Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by henrysam(m): 4:03pm On Oct 01, 2021
If a yoruba or if no man has been talking like gumi I know he must have been invited by the dss or killed .
We can now see we are equal.in this country
Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by Maxymilliano(m): 4:05pm On Oct 01, 2021
Sorry to say but Sheik Gumi's foolishness seem to be getting out of hand ...
Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by bjdon: 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2021
Only 1/3 of a $1B. Haba sheik, why so small nau, we should give the bandits the entire GDP of Nigeria for a whole year. Since they are the lords and masters of this country, nothing less will do.

Sheik, the thunder that will fire you is still being charged by Odin in Asgard smiley

2 Likes

Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by Christistruth00: 4:10pm On Oct 01, 2021
Give my boys $333 million and killings will Stop says Gumi the Bandits Godfather

It is not Gumi’s fault the Saudi’s had Gumi in Jail for links to Terrorists before GEJ Govt went to pressure them to release him
Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by clarocuzioo(m): 4:19pm On Oct 01, 2021
okoo
Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by BigSarah(f): 4:25pm On Oct 01, 2021
When they spend it finish won't they return back to banditry..

Or even use it to procure more weapons and request for the rest of the $1bn..
Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by jimyjames(m): 4:38pm On Oct 01, 2021
Christistruth00:

Give my boys $333 million and killings will Stop says Gumi the Bandits Godfather

It is not Gumi’s fault the Saudi’s had Gumi in Jail for links to Terrorists before GEJ Govt went to pressure them to release him

Yes it's not gumi's fault, it's gej and Igbos fault
Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by Redcrafton: 4:39pm On Oct 01, 2021
Assume a cleric in SE ask the FG to give ESN $1billion to end the current crisis...lol

The folks from SW, Edo and the north would have eaten all Igbos raw.

This is my problem with Nigeria...

Why is anything in the SE blown above proportion?

For example if there was a 100,000 death in the north ...nothing will happen and the Nairaland page will be like half a page...but if 1 death happens in the SE, the page would not be less than 5.

Why.

You will see folks like NGpatriot, Udele1, Tinubadvocate, Helineus writhing in pain, and gnashing their teeth...

Why.

1 Like

Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by Scream(m): 5:15pm On Oct 01, 2021
They should sell the cows in the north to pay them that amount.

2 Likes

Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by JAMO84: 5:24pm On Oct 01, 2021
This one don ment
Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by vedaxcool(m): 5:27pm On Oct 01, 2021
This lunatic should know the only money bandits will get it bone breaking effect of the precision guided missiles thrown their way.
Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by gheekhone: 5:48pm On Oct 01, 2021
Hmm...this statement attributed to this self proclaimed bandits negotiator got me so riled up that I wanted to insult him but your comment stopped me from that. If your question is genuine, I'll try to answer it based on my perception.

I think the reason why the SW and SS comment on anything having to do with SE and “blow it out of proportion” is because they have some measure of emotional attachment to the SE. In a way, they see themselves as brothers. I know, I know, so much as happened. But, it's a bit like a sibling berating another sibling. There's a measure of fear that what the other sibling is doing will affect all of them negatively and concern sets in when commenting about issues. As for them not doing same to the North, they don't care, or their level of concern is very low. It's almost like, as long as they don't do it close to us, they can do whatever they like. This is just my 2 cents.

Redcrafton:
Assume a cleric in SE ask the FG to give ESN $1billion to end the current crisis...lol

For example if there was a 100,000 death in the north ...nothing will happen and the Nairaland page will be like half a page...but if 1 death happens in the SE, the page would not be less than 5.

Why.

You will see folks like NGpatriot, Udele1, Tinubadvocate, Helineus writhing in pain, and gnashing their teeth...

Why.
Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by McStoic(m): 5:49pm On Oct 01, 2021
deantimes:

Source: https://todaypoliticsng.com/bandits-should-be-respected-given-one-third-of-1-billion-and-killings-will-stop-gumi/

And one idiot will tell me Nigeria is not gone already. Just imagine what a human being is asking for? Kaiii...Lord Lugard and Lady Shaw, it will never be good for you and your generations for joining us with these animals..
Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by gambia(m): 5:51pm On Oct 01, 2021
Wonderful, one Nigeria is pure scam.
Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by Dominion2000: 6:25pm On Oct 01, 2021
This man is mad and will go to the hottest part of hell and his lineage will never know peace. Every drop of blood that the bandits share will be on his head.
Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:03pm On Oct 01, 2021
He go shock una say buhari go grant him request
Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by FallenShitHole: 7:07pm On Oct 01, 2021
THE CHIEF TERRORIST HIMSELF IN ASO ROCK IS NOT SEEING THIS TERRORIST CALLED GUMI TO ARREST HIM, BUT ENYINAYA ABARIBE IS HIS PROBLEM. FULANI, UNA SEE UNA SELF? BY THE TIME IGBOS FINISH WITH YOU JIHADISTS, CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC WILL BE A CHILD'S PLAY.
Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by FallenShitHole: 7:10pm On Oct 01, 2021
Redcrafton:

Why.

Why.
IT'S BECAUSE OF JEALOUSY AND FEAR. THEY ARE JEALOUS OF IGBOS AND THEY ARE AFRAID OF LIFE WITHOUT IGBOS.
Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by descarado: 7:14pm On Oct 01, 2021
What nonsense shocked

And this man is still walking free?
Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by kindlyheart: 7:26pm On Oct 01, 2021
referendum please
Re: Bandits Should Be Given One-third Of $1 Billion And Killings Will Stop - Gumi by mp3ree: 7:53pm On Oct 01, 2021
Redcrafton:

Why.

Why.

What's Edo or yoruba business with your analogy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Royal Wedding: Oluwo Of Iwo Set To Marry Kano Princess / 2023: I Will Come After Obi-dients If They Come After Me, Says Oshiomole / What Really Happened In Jos, Nobody Stoned Us In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.