Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,036 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Nigeria To Take Delivery Of The First Batch Of JF-17 Fighters From Pakistan Soon - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigeria To Take Delivery Of The First Batch Of JF-17 Fighters From Pakistan Soon (25397 Views)

NDLEA Intercepts 2.4 Million Tramadol Pills From Pakistan At Lagos Airport / Chidi Olife: Drug Baron Arrested for Smuggling Cocaine From Pakistan (Photo) / FG Take Delivery Of 18 Fighter Jets From US For War Against Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Take Delivery Of The First Batch Of JF-17 Fighters From Pakistan Soon by OyinO: 4:45am On Mar 01, 2021
dederocs:
Spend the budget on this type of hardware aquisition, training and retraining, we need to start the bombing campaign, only bandits and terrorists move together, do proper reconnaissance, and ground intelligence, and start continous targeted bombing campaigns, when they see their commanders bombed to smithereens, the younger ones will be less eager to continue in terrorism. No legit person stays around terrorists, remember Osama Bin Laden son too had to be killed, as he continued in his fathers evil deeds. the evil seeds must be wiped out, thier plan is to link with ISWAP and get thier caliphate, and start thier reign of terror from there. we need to start using our air advantage. World powers maintain Nuclear and atomic arsenals for a reason, because they know the only way to defeat evil, is with greater evil, which will serve as deterrence to their kids and young ones following in their evil foot steps.

Such bombings have never worked in Afghanistan and every other place we have terrorism. Don't be deceived.
Re: Nigeria To Take Delivery Of The First Batch Of JF-17 Fighters From Pakistan Soon by AwesomeStormy00(m): 6:33am On Mar 01, 2021
Coronabirus:
You need to know that Pakistan has been supporting Nigerian military for more than 50yrs and those people are educationally advanced beyond ur thought. How can u restrict ur faculty of reasoning to only EU and US and expect to know more abt the world.
So Muslims should also complain for the soon to arrive 12 Tucano jets from Christian US?
You need to move beyond this religious jingoism and fanaticism!

Muslim is not clouding my judges or reasoning, i have Asians work colleagues i have a friend who is pro supporter of mr 10% in Pakistan i didn't mention religion is you bringing it up which said alot about you. Pakistan is as corrupt as Nigeria, osama was living near to a military base in Pakistan before he was killed.

What stopped Buhari and his clowns supporting our own? Why can we not build and develop our own military intelligence.

Happy new month to you grin.
Re: Nigeria To Take Delivery Of The First Batch Of JF-17 Fighters From Pakistan Soon by juman(m): 7:05am On Mar 01, 2021
sirblend:
Made in Pakistan aircraft cry
If Pakistan can manufacture an aircraft why can't Nigeria?.

Nigerian engineers are disgracing this country so much.

So sad.
Nigeria dont go forward but go backward.
Re: Nigeria To Take Delivery Of The First Batch Of JF-17 Fighters From Pakistan Soon by ocelot2006(m): 10:13am On Mar 01, 2021
kayjay69:
Actually for bandits, you don't need this type of fighter jet. A fighter helicopter in the mould of an Apache or a Hind would suffice cos it is slower moving compared to a fighter jet and it can hit ground targets with better precision.

Also, the JF17 is an omni-role fighter, it remains to be seen if the ones in service with the NAF will be adapted for ground based operations. Last I checked, bandits/herdsterrorist/BH don't have fighter jets, we don't need a JF17 against them, an attack chopper would do just fine.

I think you meant Attack Helicopter, not "fighter helicopter". Also the JF17 is a multi-role combat aircraft. 'never heard of "omni-role fighter" before. That said, we actually need the JF17. It is a modern, yet cheap, 4th Gen combat aircraft that has successfully proven itself in combat and can be tasked with different roles depending on the mission, from protection of our airspace (intercepts) to combat air support (CAS)/ground attack roles. This is the platform we should've gone for a long time ago instead of the F-7Ni.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Take Delivery Of The First Batch Of JF-17 Fighters From Pakistan Soon by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 01, 2021
AwesomeStormy00:

Smh. Pakistan supplying Nigeria aircrafts. I would go to China than trust Pakistan they are as bad as Nigeria . Everything is Muslim sunni Muslim oriented. I pray my parents are out of that shit of a country before it is too late

The JF-17 Thunder was jointly developed by both Pakistan and China
Re: Nigeria To Take Delivery Of The First Batch Of JF-17 Fighters From Pakistan Soon by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 01, 2021
kayjay69:
Actually for bandits, you don't need this type of fighter jet. A fighter helicopter in the mould of an Apache or a Hind would suffice cos it is slower moving compared to a fighter jet and it can hit ground targets with better precision.

Also, the JF17 is an omni-role fighter, it remains to be seen if the ones in service with the NAF will be adapted for ground based operations. Last I checked, bandits/herdsterrorist/BH don't have fighter jets, we don't need a JF17 against them, an attack chopper would do just fine.

For a rapid response, you will need fighter jet. Also, in all out assault, Fighter jet can fly more sorties that Helicopter. Even though, I will have to agree with you that we need chopper as well, jet is better option for now for faster response,

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Take Delivery Of The First Batch Of JF-17 Fighters From Pakistan Soon by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 12:30pm On Mar 01, 2021
Germi9:

Malaysia is still a third world country bro
I am not saying they are not but the question is,do we have a single African country that is better than Malaysia economically?
Re: Nigeria To Take Delivery Of The First Batch Of JF-17 Fighters From Pakistan Soon by octavian(m): 12:34pm On Mar 01, 2021
kayjay69:
I get you bro however US using those sophisticated jets is in tandem with their "no boots on ground" philosophy. It is still touted as a waste because each of those surface to air missiles are quite expensive, imagine using a missile that costs $100k to $500k per piece to bomb some ragtag, AK47 carrying guys. It is not cost effective.

However in our own case, bandits and other terrorist groups are on our soil hence we require close attack helicopters to give support to ground troops. There are other more affordable attack helicopters that get the job done, Turkey seems to be making waves with their drone capability which was quite effective judging the role played in the recent Armenia/Azerbaijan conflict.

Drones and all sorts of unmanned fighters are game changers for the future. Affordable both in terms of acquisition as well as maintenance. And as drone technology proliferates, it will only get cheaper.

Bro, you see Nigeria had never experienced War sọ our machines were not properly upgraded over the years. I understand your points, but ordinary drone for recoinnessance mission we no even get, talkess of the fighting ones. Hopefully, the new CAS will invest in these new technologies

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Take Delivery Of The First Batch Of JF-17 Fighters From Pakistan Soon by Germi9: 1:13pm On Mar 01, 2021
Ibrahimmrfish:

I am not saying they are not but the question is,do we have a single African country that is better than Malaysia economically?
it depends; every country have its own economic benefit,hence where it favors me may not favor you, vis-a-vis there are some african countries doing well for real
Re: Nigeria To Take Delivery Of The First Batch Of JF-17 Fighters From Pakistan Soon by kayjay69(m): 1:13pm On Mar 01, 2021
Omni is a synonym for Multi.
ocelot2006:

I think you meant Attack Helicopter, not "fighter helicopter". Also the JF17 is a multi-role combat aircraft. 'never heard of "omni-role fighter" before. That said, we actually need the JF17. It is a modern, yet cheap, 4th Gen combat aircraft that has successfully proven itself in combat and can be tasked with different roles depending on the mission, from protection of our airspace (intercepts) to combat air support (CAS)/ground attack roles. This is the platform we should've gone for a long time ago instead of the F-7Ni.
Re: Nigeria To Take Delivery Of The First Batch Of JF-17 Fighters From Pakistan Soon by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 01, 2021
Kayberg:
Looking forward to when we will acquire fighter jets like the Su-30, Su-35, Su-37, Su-47, Su-57, F-22, F-35 and other ultra modern superiority fighter jets in our arsenal.

F-22 Raptor bawo, even US has not used theirs in long years
Re: Nigeria To Take Delivery Of The First Batch Of JF-17 Fighters From Pakistan Soon by noisy45(m): 1:39pm On Mar 01, 2021
marvin905:

Russia won't sell su to us who told you that

Russia is following the USA Leah arms ban on Nigeria because of our military human right abuse.
Re: Nigeria To Take Delivery Of The First Batch Of JF-17 Fighters From Pakistan Soon by sulasa07(m): 6:13pm On Mar 01, 2021
AwesomeStormy00:

Smh. Pakistan supplying Nigeria aircrafts. I would go to China than trust Pakistan they are as bad as Nigeria . Everything is Muslim sunni Muslim oriented. I pray my parents are out of that shit of a country before it is too late
For ur info, Pakistan and China both built the F-17 jets, buying from Pakistan is the same as buying from China and Vice-Versa
Re: Nigeria To Take Delivery Of The First Batch Of JF-17 Fighters From Pakistan Soon by sulasa07(m): 6:19pm On Mar 01, 2021
sirblend:
Made in Pakistan aircraft cry
If Pakistan can manufacture an aircraft why can't Nigeria?.

Nigerian engineers are disgracing this country so much.
Pakistan is a nuclear power country, ordinary good roads and stable electricity,We don't have
Re: Nigeria To Take Delivery Of The First Batch Of JF-17 Fighters From Pakistan Soon by mccloud224(m): 10:43pm On Mar 01, 2021
These jets are NOT to protect Nigeria from external forces...its meant for ESN and any others that dare to oppose the Fulani monarchy.

E can never better for the tribalistic sellouts who empowered these foreigners. You know yourselves.
Re: Nigeria To Take Delivery Of The First Batch Of JF-17 Fighters From Pakistan Soon by JF17Thunder: 3:52am On Mar 06, 2021
fashrola:
Imagine Pakistan military engineers working on US military jets, that's kinda a security breach but here in Africa we find it cool

What if Nigeria goes to war one day with Pakistan, They know what to touch in their control room to disable out plane

Train our military engineers, Equip them and trust them and you will see the amazing results they gonna show to our Nation

Nigerian pilots and engineers have been training in Pakistan to familiarise themselves with the JF-17 Thunder aircraft.

Further, Pakistani support staff will be in Nigeria for a one-year contract for help with the maintenance of the aircraft. After that, it'll be Nigeria's responsibility to look after their aircraft.

In the real world, nations don't spend billions buying military equipment that have kill switches.
Re: Nigeria To Take Delivery Of The First Batch Of JF-17 Fighters From Pakistan Soon by JF17Thunder: 4:02am On Mar 06, 2021
Ibrahimmrfish:

Fun facts, Israel don't manufacture fighter jets,the get it for free from the U.S and Nigeria is not the only country buying from Pakistan. Ukraine, Azabarjan,Myanmar,Indonesia, Philippine all have order for the same Pakistani jets.At $18million it's the cheapest fighter jet on earth.

Only Myanmar and Nigeria have purchased the JF-17 Thunder aircraft so far. No other foreign sales confirmed to date.
Re: Nigeria To Take Delivery Of The First Batch Of JF-17 Fighters From Pakistan Soon by JF17Thunder: 4:20am On Mar 06, 2021
Germi9:

parkistan depends on China to have a 100%fighter jet,so why dont we deal directly with China ?
again,are these jets brand new?
and by the way,i am not impressed with the weak countries you just mentioned, C'mon we deserve better

No, Pakistan does not depend 100% on China for fighter jets.

1. Pakistan Air Force operates over 70 American F-16 Fighting Falcons and around 190 French Mirage IIIs and Mirage 5s.

2. The JF-17 Thunder is a $500 million joint venture between China and Pakistan, agreed in 1999. China builds 42% of the aircraft and Pakistan builds 52% while the engine is imported from Russia.

3. Yes, the 3 jets that Nigeria has bought for $184 million are brand new.
Re: Nigeria To Take Delivery Of The First Batch Of JF-17 Fighters From Pakistan Soon by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 06, 2021
hope they don't end up like these.

Re: Nigeria To Take Delivery Of The First Batch Of JF-17 Fighters From Pakistan Soon by Germi9: 3:06pm On Mar 06, 2021
JF17Thunder:

No, Pakistan does not depend 100% on China for fighter jets.

1. Pakistan Air Force operates over 70 American F-16 Fighting Falcons and around 190 French Mirage IIIs and Mirage 5s.

2. The JF-17 Thunder is a $500 million joint venture between China and Pakistan, agreed in 1999. China builds 42% of the aircraft and Pakistan builds 52% while the engine is imported from Russia.

3. Yes, the 3 jets that Nigeria has bought for $184 million are brand new.
ocoret sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ghana Police Rescue 12 Nigerians, Arrest 2 Masters, Seize 15 Laptops After Raid / South Africans Threaten To Launch Fresh Xenophobic Attacks On Foreigners / Laptop Thief Was Beaten Mercilessly In Ikorodu (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.