Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Beware Of This Phone Number 09076431679 He Is A Scammer - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware Of This Phone Number 09076431679 He Is A Scammer (340 Views)

Man Ties Lady’s Braids In A Bus For Refusing To Give Him Her Phone Number / Lady Finds Out On Twitter Her Lost Uncle Is A Scammer / Scammer Apologizes To Man After He Shared His Scary Story With Him. Graphic PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of This Phone Number 09076431679 He Is A Scammer by publicenemy(m): 4:23pm On Feb 28, 2021
I got a call from this phone number 09076431679 this afternoon, but as soon as my phone rang the phone number was flagged by true caller as "Scammer be very careful" i picked the call anyway.

He told me there was gonna be a WhatsApp group meeting today 28 February 2021 in a group I am currently a member of.

He told me to give him the four digit number I got as a text message from WhatsApp for him to verify my participation and I told him I hadn't received any text message from WhatsApp.

He insisted and told me to check my message while he waited on the call.

I checked and there was no new messages from WhatsApp or anyone.

He told me I would be receiving the message shortly and that he was gonna hang up and call back to get the the code accompanying the message to verify my participation in the whatsapp meeting, he then hung up.

I went on WhatsApp immediately and I saw a pop up notification on my whatsapp screen telling me someone had requested for my whatsapp verification code. it told me to ignore if I wasnt the one who requeated for the code and warned me not to share the code with anyone.

moments later I got a message with a four digit code from WhatsApp with the warning " dont share this code with anyone" , but I already knew not to share with anyone because the cunt was trying to hack my WhatsApp profile. so i deleted the message immediately.

Then his call came in again, I just kept hanging up till I blocked him from my phone and WhatsApp.

I called the admin and he said there was no meeting scheduled for anytime, I warned him about the presence of a hacker in his WhatsApp group and exited the group immediately.

Had I given him the code he asked for I would have lost access to my whatsapp because he would have taken over my whatsapp profile.

take note of the phone number 09076431679 and be security conscious on all platforms.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of This Phone Number 09076431679 He Is A Scammer by meobizy(f): 7:09am On Mar 01, 2021
Thank you very much. I fell for such a cheap scam in the past. I know many still fall victim today and that's why scammers resort to the scheme.
Re: Beware Of This Phone Number 09076431679 He Is A Scammer by RRodwave(m): 7:11am On Mar 01, 2021
Ok thank you
Re: Beware Of This Phone Number 09076431679 He Is A Scammer by Thomthom(m): 7:26am On Mar 01, 2021
I no get problem with that you hack me I retrieve my WhatsApp back..

(1) (Reply)

Osun: Suspected Ritualist Kills Food Vendor, Severs Hands, Head / Rape: ECOWAS Court Awards N90million In Damages To Nigerian Air Force Woman / EFCC Arraigns Ex-banker Over Fraudulent N3.2m Withdrawal From Customer’s Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.