Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th (27835 Views)

Saying Tinubu Will Starve Off Eastern Ports Is Hogwash / FG Suspends Eastern Rail Project Over Insecurity, Vandalism / COVID-19: Governors, Deputies To Be Vaccinated On March 9th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by BSdetector: 7:28pm On Feb 28, 2021
ntyce:
Why is the East not connected to the West via rail?

All roads leads to the North abi?

We Yoruba's don't want any rail connection with the east....your brothers coming from the east via night buses into the SW is already a curse on our region, can america built a rail line to mexico....no, never.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by sammirano: 7:32pm On Feb 28, 2021
grin grin grin see reactions
Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by afube: 7:36pm On Feb 28, 2021
StacyO:
No one else is seeing what I'm seeing. grin

Make I shut up small.

my sista ! you are in the spirit too..................a toad does not run in the afternoon for nothin, it seems something is pursuing this toad !
Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by COMPAQ(m): 7:37pm On Feb 28, 2021
SmartPolician:
This government has lots of underperforming ministers. In spite of that, Rotimi Amaechi is Buhari's best minister.
My only concern is that the ministry uses loans to execute all her projects, giving the impression that Nigeria is flat broke.

Are we not flat broke!?
Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 28, 2021
I'm glad,no be only me follow come grin grin grin
This film will play in cinema soon grin grin grin grin
afube:

my sista ! you are in the spirit too..................a toad does not run in the afternoon for nothin, it seems something is pursuing this toad !
Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by ChimaAdeoye: 7:39pm On Feb 28, 2021
Silly audio project for politricks
Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by plaindealer: 7:40pm On Feb 28, 2021
Largest under any government in the history of Nigeria.

More than enough to start and complete these rail projects without borrowing 1 kobo.

Missed opportunity, now the usual suspects are crying over loans for infrastructures to better their lives, but did not say a word when the money was available, but looted viciously.

Sad.

1 Like

Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by COMPAQ(m): 7:40pm On Feb 28, 2021
ntyce:
Why is the East not connected to the West via rail?

All roads leads to the North abi?

Sentiments aside a Lagos to Calabar rail makes the least sense. Railways are typically built to move stuff inland and from inland to the port.

With ports in Warri, PortHarcourt ,Calabar and soon Uyo. What would be the economic value of a railway running parallel to the coast?

Railway cannot be primarily designed to move passengers. It will never be profitable.

Its more sensible to get the ports in Warri, PH and Calabar working effectively.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 28, 2021
BSdetector:

We Yoruba's don't want any rail connection with the east....your brothers coming from the east via night buses into the SW is already a curse on our region, can america built a rail line to mexico....no, never.

You need mental surgery.

Juss saying grin

3 Likes

Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by COMPAQ(m): 7:42pm On Feb 28, 2021
plaindealer:
Largest under any government in the history of Nigeria.

More than enough to start and complete these rail projects without borrowing 1 kobo.

Missed opportunity, now the usual suspects are crying over loans for infrastructures to better their lives, but did not say a word when the money was available, but looted viciously.

Sad.

Convert all of that to dollars. While in Naira it may be going up, in dollars its probably going down.
Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by COMPAQ(m): 7:46pm On Feb 28, 2021
MISSCONGENIALITY:
The rail line might never be Constructed. They wl start it and use it for 2023 campaign and then abadon it.
Have they Constructed the 2nd Niger bridge?

To be fair, 2nd Niger bridge has progressed far more in this administration than any other. It will be completed next year.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by BSdetector: 7:47pm On Feb 28, 2021
StacyO:

You need mental surgery.

Juss saying grin

Whatever your dad needs....just fvck off.
Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by Nobody: 7:49pm On Feb 28, 2021
BSdetector:

Whatever your dad needs....just fvck off.

Sounds like something someone who needs a *mental** surgery would say.grin

If you reply,OYO is your case.
If you don't,OYO is your case.

Choose one grin
Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by spice123(m): 7:57pm On Feb 28, 2021
naptu2:
Federal Ministry of Transportation @MinTransportNG

https://mobile.twitter.com/MinTransportNG/status/1365956547696857089
Maiduguri to Port-Harcourt rail is a disaster. One way ticket for Boko boys to hijack one train and head straight to the east

2 Likes

Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by BSdetector: 7:59pm On Feb 28, 2021
StacyO:

Sounds like something someone who needs a *mental** surgery would say.grin

If you reply,OYO is your case.
If you don't,OYO is your case.

Choose one grin

Attention seeking dumbo

1 Like

Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by erico2k2(m): 8:19pm On Feb 28, 2021
naptu2:
Federal Ministry of Transportation @MinTransportNG

https://mobile.twitter.com/MinTransportNG/status/1365956547696857089
U do nt k now why I have to go to Maiduguri from PH for? why not just construct Ph to Lagos and leave it just there
Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by erico2k2(m): 8:22pm On Feb 28, 2021
COMPAQ:

Sentiments aside a Lagos to Calabar rail makes the least sense. Railways are typically built to move stuff inland and from inland to the port.

With ports in Warri, PortHarcourt ,Calabar and soon Uyo. What would be the economic value of a railway running parallel to the coast?

Railway cannot be primarily designed to move passengers. It will never be profitable.

Its more sensible to get the ports in Warri, PH and Calabar working effectively.
Nah rail from Lagos to PH would be the best thing that ever happened to 9ja, at least no Bandit on that route.I can Land i n Lagos and take train to PH.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by tnerro1(m): 8:22pm On Feb 28, 2021
Only Amaechi is visible in this government, even thou the loans being borrowed for this rail project according to research is said to be way too much compared to other similar railroads projects.

Any way sha, dem say na where man dey work , na there him Dey chop. That why oyibo call am workchop grin
Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by erico2k2(m): 8:23pm On Feb 28, 2021
spice123:

Maiduguri to Port-Harcourt rail is a disaster. One way ticket for Boko boys to hijack one train and head straight to the east
But wait oh, what will persons in PH go to Maiduguri to do?
Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by naptu2: 8:25pm On Feb 28, 2021
erico2k2:

U do nt k now why I have to go to Maiduguri from PH for? why not just construct Ph to Lagos and leave it just there

1) There is already a rail line from Port Harcourt to Maiduguri. That's the narrow gauge line. It has existed for decades. The line to Jos was built by the colonialists, while the extension from Jos to Maiduguri was built during the First Republic.

2) That line is going to run from the new port at Onne, through Port-Harcourt, Aba, Enugu, Makurdi, Jos, etc. up to Maiduguri. So you see, it's not just for people going to or from Maiduguri.

3) People in Maiduguri also need to get goods from the ports in the south and they also need to send goods down to the south.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by erico2k2(m): 8:31pm On Feb 28, 2021
naptu2:

1) There is already a rail line from Port Harcourt to Maiduguri. That's the narrow gauge line. It has existed for decades. The line to Jos was built by the colonialists, while the extension from Jos to Maiduguri was built during the First Republic.

2) That line is going to run from the new port at Onne, through Port-Harcourt, Aba, Enugu, Makurdi, Jos, etc. up to Maiduguri. So you see, it's not just for people going to or from Maiduguri.

3) People in Maiduguri also need to get goods from the ports in the south and they also need to send goods down to the south.
I know where the line passes, my house is in PH, But going by what this honorable Minister of transportation said earlier, he did not know PH has a railway track even though it's less than 100meters from the government house..
Onne Port is not a new port, its been there for ages I shipped containers fru there 6 years ago and its still in operation.People move with goods and B4 goods.As things stand we do not have a goods only carriage, its all passenger trains.
Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by olajizz01(m): 8:37pm On Feb 28, 2021
AroOkigbo:
A rail line from Lagos to the east first would have been more beneficial.
A rail line from east to boko haram enclave? Hmmm

Anyways, make dem construct am first. ..2023 is fast approaching.
They won't do that because it won't allow them to bring terrorists the south.
Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by naptu2: 8:40pm On Feb 28, 2021
erico2k2:

I know where the line passes, my house is in PH, But going by what this honorable Minister of transportation said earlier, he did not know PH has a railway track even though it's less than 100meters from the government house..
Onne Port is not a new port, its been there for ages I shipped containers fru there 6 years ago and its still in operation.People move with goods and B4 goods.As things stand we do not have a goods only carriage, its all passenger trains.

I know that there is a port at Onne. I actually know when it was commissioned. They are building a new port at Onne. Sorry, I meant Bonny. They are building a new port in Bonny and the rail line will extend from Onne to Bonny.

The goals of this rail modernisation is to ensure that there are rail lines leading to all the ports, in order to reduce the damage that trucks cause on our roads. That's why the Lagos-Kano line has an arm that leads to Apapa Port. They are even thinking of extending it to Tin Can Island Port.

Of course the minister knows that there is a line in Port Harcourt. He signed a deal with General Electric so that they would manage and upgrade the line.

The trains are both passenger and freight trains.
Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by freemanq(m): 8:48pm On Feb 28, 2021
Apc 2023 campaign strategy to start what they wont complete before election,We are smarter than this so we can't be deceived
Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by Ayo2004: 8:53pm On Feb 28, 2021
Igbos must rant..that "if them born u well,try it" guy is a real gee cheesy
Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by onuman: 8:55pm On Feb 28, 2021
BSdetector:

Onitsha-lagos route is of no benefit to the South west and the Yoruba's....your the fvckin train can stop at Edo but one inche will not enter the south west by God's grace.....a train line connecting the SW and SE will be a big curse and burden on the south west and I'd be part those that will personally pray it never happens.

Yoruba people constitute the largest bulk of artisans in the SE. After Igbo in the SE, Yoruba population is second. You must declare Oduduwa Republic before you get on with exclusionist policies in the SW region of new Oduduwa Republic..

You can’t continue to depend on cheap cash from crude oil and gas deposits in the east and SS, yet practice your exclusionist policy in the SW.

By the way, Lagos is a cosmopolitan city and former capital of Nigeria built with crude oil proceeds from the East and SS. Igbos and rest of the east contributed to building Lagos infrastructures. Akinola Aguda was used to remove capital from Lagos to Abuja. Many Igbos remained behind in Lagos after that, while many Yorubas trooped to Abuja.
Stop being childish.

1 Like

Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by erico2k2(m): 9:01pm On Feb 28, 2021
naptu2:

I know that there is a port at Onne. I actually know when it was commissioned. They are building a new port at Onne. Sorry, I meant Bonny. They are building a new port in Bonny and the rail line will extend from Onne to Bonny.

The goals of this rail modernisation is to ensure that there are rail lines leading to all the ports, in order to reduce the damage that trucks cause on our roads. That's why the Lagos-Kano line has an arm that leads to Apapa Port. They are even thinking of extending it to Tin Can Island Port.

Of course the minister knows that there is a line in Port Harcourt. He signed a deal with General Electric so that they would manage and upgrade the line.

The trains are both passenger and freight trains.
Here is what he said back then
https://www.pulse.ng/news/chibuike-amaechi-i-never-knew-nigerian-railways-were-functioning-says-minister-of/qv5bf56
Well, regards trains at the moment what we seem to have is passenger trains, port to port trains do not join with passenger trains as container trains are special trains and different.I don't know if you have seen a proper container lory that shifts and adjusts itself to 20ft or 40ft containers, that's how fright trains are.Going back to trains at PH, he abandoned the Monorail project after wasting Billions which is pathetic.I still think there is more Economic value for Lagos port linked to Onne port. The decongestion on the Lagos port if this is don would be world-class.
PS.This Electronic Truck call up at the apapa port they are talking about what is that all about, how does it work anyone knows?
Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by samdunzo: 9:03pm On Feb 28, 2021
COMPAQ:

Why not do both.... Alot of cargo in Lagos ports goes to Onitsha, PH, and Calabar. So, that line is much more beneficial to the South and Nigeria in the long term. I do agree though that Warri, PH, and Calabar need their ports working again, so when we return to regionalism, all 3 southern regions (SW, Midwest, and SE) can have working ports
Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 28, 2021
You better before its too late. Because if the igbos live eeh. That country is finished.
Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by naptu2: 9:22pm On Feb 28, 2021
erico2k2:

Here is what he said back then
https://www.pulse.ng/news/chibuike-amaechi-i-never-knew-nigerian-railways-were-functioning-says-minister-of/qv5bf56
Well, regards trains at the moment what we seem to have is passenger trains, port to port trains do not join with passenger trains as container trains are special trains and different.I don't know if you have seen a proper container lory that shifts and adjusts itself to 20ft or 40ft containers, that's how fright trains are.Going back to trains at PH, he abandoned the Monorail project after wasting Billions which is pathetic.I still think there is more Economic value for Lagos port linked to Onne port. The decongestion on the Lagos port if this is don would be world-class.
PS.This Electronic Truck call up at the apapa port they are talking about what is that all about, how does it work anyone knows?

1) That's a 2015 article (just after they came into government) and what he said was that he didn't know that the railway was working. He didn't say that he didn't know that there were railway lines. This is a 2016 article where he is talking about the deal with GE for the narrow gauge line. You can see Port Harcourt there.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/210830-nigeria-concession-narrow-gauge-lines-general-electric.html

2) There is already a port at Port Harcourt, a port at Onne and they are building a port at Bonny, what would be the point of connecting Lagos Port to Onne Port?? Sea ports are used to bring goods into the hinterland, what is the economic sense in connecting Lagos Port to Onne Port??

3) You are wrong. The lines that are being built are for both passenger and freight trains. There were two directives that President Buhari gave to the minister when they started this railway projects (A) All state capitals must be connected (B) All sea ports must be connected so that goods can be moved by rail rather than trucks. In fact it is one of the plans to decongest Apapa of trailer trucks and fuel tankers.

Once again, here is the minister talking about the passenger coaches and freight wagons that will be built in Nigeria and ordered from abroad for the project.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/gains-of-nigerias-new-railway-wagon-assembly-plant-by-amaechi/

It is for this reason that we have to Ibadan and Kaduna dry ports. Goods will be moved from Apapa to these dry ports by trains.

4) What the hell does this have to do with Port Harcourt Mono rail?
Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by naptu2: 9:24pm On Feb 28, 2021
samdunzo:

Why not do both.... Alot of cargo in Lagos ports goes to Onitsha, PH, and Calabar. So, that line is much more beneficial to the South and Nigeria in the long term. I do agree though that Warri, PH, and Calabar need their ports working again, so when we return to regionalism, all 3 southern regions (SW, Midwest, and SE) can have working ports

Exactly! They are actually going to do both. The only issue is that Nigeria doesn't have enough money to do all at once, so it's line by line.

Regarding ports and goods in the east, the eastern line is going to lead to a new deep sea port in Bonny.
Re: FG To Flag Off Eastern Rail Project On March 9th by BSdetector: 9:27pm On Feb 28, 2021
onuman:

Yoruba people constitute the largest bulk of artisans in the SE. After Igbo in the SE, Yoruba population is second. You must declare Oduduwa Republic before you get on with exclusionist policies in the SW region of new Oduduwa Republic..

You can’t continue to depend on cheap cash from crude oil and gas deposits in the east and SS, yet practice your exclusionist policy in the SW.

By the way, Lagos is a cosmopolitan city and former capital of Nigeria built with crude oil proceeds from the East and SS. Igbos and rest of the east contributed to building Lagos infrastructures. Akinola Aguda was used to remove capital from Lagos to Abuja. Many Igbos remained behind in Lagos after that, while many Yorubas trooped to Abuja.
Stop being childish.

You're extremely daft to think that crude oil wealth built Lagos...... wasn't calabar a capital city before Lagos, or are you just silly....what crude oil does the SE produce exactly, you guys are the real parasites going from state to state setting up fake products markets and carrying out fraudulent business, Lagos generates the highest revenue for the federal government majorly from income taxes.....the state generated #400billion for the federal government and received #117billion as allocation last year. With covid and crash of crude oil prices last year do you think that it's crude oil that kept lagos afloat..... you're moving mad. Ondo state produces more crude oil than your shit infested south east. You think you're talking to some random illiterate on nairaland....you Igbos are economic leeches and terrorists and you all will get what's coming for you.

And I've been to places in the south east....for every one Yoruba in your shithole south east there are at least 100 igbos in the south west......you people are like fvcking rats, economic cockroaches.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PPPRA sets Guiding Price Of Petrol For March At ₦211.11 Per Litre / EFCC Releases Saraki / Aregbesola Congratulates Tinubu On His Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.