Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? (17631 Views)

Pictures Of Some Of The Beneficiaries Of The Bee Attack At Kogi APC Rally / Buhari Breaks Down The $4B Plus Loan, The Beneficiaries, Projects / Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by favor914: 1:20am On Mar 01, 2021
tutudesz:

Insults upon insults undecided Serioiously
Guilty Conscience.
Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by tutudesz: 1:22am On Mar 01, 2021
favor914:
Guilty Conscience.
Madam leave me!! Am not into old woman undecided

3 Likes

Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by favor914: 1:23am On Mar 01, 2021
smallsmall:

Even the questions you ask shows how pedestrian your thinking is so, it will be a waste of time and a futile dissipationof energy, if l start by drawing a parallel between how those who enjoy undue Monopolistic Control, occasioned by unfair practices of tribal cronyism. as practiced in Nigeria, contribute to the comatose state of our Refinery.
I should not even direct you to take a look at the Staff list of NNPC (or any of its subsidiaries like the DPR), so you know how Dangotte relates to the same people who churn out and implement POLICIES that got our Refineries to where they are today, despite all the Billions of naira in Turn-Around Maintenance they have handled on our behalf, over the years.

Our Refineries not working (and still gulping an "Annual Running Cost" in the range of #10B every year) is not a function of lack of Knowledge or ability to fix it, it is borne out of CORRUPTION, the same Corruption that underlines Monopoly and Price Fixing/Gauging that Dangotte (and his likes) uses to enrich himself.

But hey, since you write in the "third-person" tense of speech, l guess you are not a Nigerian and thus just want o vent your anger, that is your right, whether you are being honest to yourself or not. grin
Keep Venting, Louder please. undecided
Rubbish long epistemology, who are you blaming? You people should go & fix your refineries, a beggar has no choice, let your papa go & borrow money & invest. It is Dangote that is taking the risk not your father.
Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by Nobody: 1:24am On Mar 01, 2021
Kubernetes:
Its take courage and determination to risk your funds in business
Especially when you can see a developing market with very poor regulatory framework and enforcement of policies. Profiteering/Racketeering
Nigeria will continue to suffer Bigman Syndrome.
From frying pan into fire. What did independence in 1960 give us? We are still slaves in the mind after 50 years. Failed country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by COMPAQ(m): 1:25am On Mar 01, 2021
lexy2014:

We aren't talking of abroad or Donald Trump. U claimed payment of taxes is one of d benefits of this policy that favours just a few in Nigeria. Now we see that it has no benefit in taxes as u so put it. Dangote doesn't pay indirect taxes.

Dangote uses mostly foreign contractors especially Indians to do his jobs. So leave that side. Was it dangote refinery that changed d landscape of lekki, eko Atlantic and vgc? How did u arrive at that conclusion? Before dangote, there was free trade zone. So it's not dangote that changed d landscape of ibeju-lekki.

This is vague:

"Benefits abound via multiier effects to the economy...".

My question was asking for specifics:

"What exactly are d benefits to d economy that u are touting?"

Its simple economics 101 dude.
Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by favor914: 1:29am On Mar 01, 2021
tutudesz:

Madam leave me!! Am not into old woman undecided
Guilty conscience, no wonder you lack knowledge?
Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by loswhite(m): 1:30am On Mar 01, 2021
Rockyheight:
And to think Dangote is already calling on the Governnent to restrict importation of fuel to only people with refining licence.The sad reality is that he will get it . And am so sure that he will buy crude in Naira and sell to Nigerians in dollars. He is very unscrupulous. I have always thought that Dangote has nothing to teach the youth when it comes to business. Any fool will succeed when they get the kind of waivers privileges, and patronage he gets from government.
so you mean you will buy refined fuel from petrol stations with USD right....lol most Nigeria citizens are just educated illiterate.
The truth is alot of ppl had license to build refineries but refused to do so rather they imported fuel to the detriment of all Nigerians and became billionaires due to subsidy scam. It is important to note that fuel importation is part of the inflation we are experiencing due to a weaken naira against the US Dollars.
Dangote decided to do the needful and he is saying if there is a shortfall in the future only those with active license of refining should be able to import the product. The question I want to ask my fellow citizens is why do we want to support ppl that choose to focus on importation rather than refining? In what way do this ppl benefit us as Nigerians? Why do we want ppl without refineries to be importing fuel when there is a short fall? If only these ppl choose to build refineries in the first place there will be no need for importation due to shortfalls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by smallsmall: 1:31am On Mar 01, 2021
tutudesz:

Nigeria is this bad because we refuse to question certain decision of Government and when we do, they label us has hater's, poor, bring them down syndrome undecided
I guess she is very rich grin

Did you say Rich? grin grin
Stvpid and ignorant people with 'unipolar reasoning', cant be rich! undecided
It will surprise you that it is the poorest among us that fight on behalf of their rich oppressors
. grin
It boils down to ignorance and lack of vision!
As far as such people are concerned, just let me get my Monthly pay and as long as l can still afford to buy the bread, Life is still blissful, just dont ask questions or try to rock the boat.
They live all their life in a state of STUPOR, grinding it out, day-2-day like a drunken man who is not in a "mentally-fit-enough state" to question why he enjoys getting drunk, injure himself and still uses his hard-earned money to buy the same Alcohol (I am not against moderate consumption of Alcohol, my emphasis here is on a 'drunkard'.) that is the cause of his problems. grin

Those who cant ask Questions, cant find ANSWERS, some like her dont even know which question to ask or who to ask!
For example, she is incapable of asking WHY Dangotte Group was being allowed to take goods across the land borders, while it was closed by the Govt to all other exporters, for about one year?
She is incapable of asking or even understanding the effects of such "extended Border Closure" on other Business concerns who trade with neighbouring countries, while Dangotte had a free pass!
IGNORANCE IS BLISSFUL undecided grin
Let her and her type keep throwing 'labels', that is all and how far she can imagine. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by tutudesz: 1:32am On Mar 01, 2021
favor914:
Guilty conscience, no wonder you lack knowledge?
I hear already madam undecided
Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by favor914: 1:33am On Mar 01, 2021
loswhite:
so you mean you will buy refined fuel from petrol stations with USD right....lol most Nigeria citizens are just educated illiterate.
The truth is alot of ppl had license to build refineries but refused to do so rather they imported fuel to the detriment of all Nigerians and became billionaires due to subsidy scam. It is important to note that fuel importation is part of the inflation we are experiencing due to a weaken naira against the US Dollars.
Dangote decided to do the needful and he is saying if there is a shortfall in the future only those with active license of refining should be able to import the product. The question I want to ask my fellow citizens is why do we want to support ppl that choose to focus on importation rather than refining? In what way do this ppl benefit us as Nigerians? Why do we want ppl without refineries to be importing fuel when there is a short fall? If only these ppl choose to build refineries in the first place there will be no need for importation due to shortfalls
Bring them down hate syndrome, modus operandi of shenanigans, an ungrateful lot of children, have encountered quite a few on this thread already, Lazy minded bones. They hate their lives soo much, they see no good in anything positive, other than negativity & hate.

1 Like

Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by Nobody: 1:36am On Mar 01, 2021
tutudesz:

Can't you make a single comment without insulting undecided Serioiously because we are in a faceless forum, doesn't mean we can respect ourselves tongue
Nairaland has very weak regulation. Why you must engage with someone whose argumentative strategy is to insult opponents of his position is really beyond me. Can't even do a poll to introduce a "block" feature.

4 Likes

Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by favor914: 1:39am On Mar 01, 2021
trailblazar:

Nairaland has very weak regulation. Why you must engage with someone whose argumentative strategy is to insult opponents of his position is really beyond me. Can't even do a poll to introduce a "block" feature.
I guess you see no flaws in your sarcastic statements that are insulting to critical thinkers? Argue your point, this is not a tea party.
Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by Nobody: 1:39am On Mar 01, 2021
Kubernetes:
Its take courage and determination to risk your funds in business
Especially when you can see a developing market with very poor regulatory framework and enforcement of policies. Profiteering/Racketeering
From frying pan into fire. What did independence in 1960 give us? We are still slaves in the mind after 50 years. Failed country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by smallsmall: 1:40am On Mar 01, 2021
favor914:
Rubbish long epistemology, who are you blaming? You people should go & fix your refineries, a beggar has no choice, let your papa go & borrow money & invest. It is Dangote that is taking the risk not your father.

Obviously, you are a nitwit!
You cant even differentiate between "Epistle" and "Epistemology". undecided
The fact that you are referring to "Your father", in a discussion about policy and economics, viz-a-viz the Nigerian Climate, shows that you lack Home training and the intelligence to engage in public discourse.
I wont dignify your poor upbringing, it is glaring you were raised in the gutter and it is best l allow you to roll in the gutter.
I dont engage uncultured !diots like you, not even anonymously. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by smallsmall: 1:41am On Mar 01, 2021
trailblazar:

Succinctly Put.

1 Like

Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by favor914: 1:43am On Mar 01, 2021
smallsmall:

The fact that you are referring to "Your father", in a discussion about policy and economics, viz-a-viz the Nigerian Climate, shows that you lack Home training and the intelligence to engage in public discourse.
I wont dignify your poor upbringing, it is glaring you were raised in the gutter and it is best l allow you to roll in the gutter.
I dont engage uncultured !diots, not even anonymously. undecided
What, Uncultured idiot? Who do you think you are Mr Man? You criticize Dangote, I said why did popsy not invest in a risky market, you call that an insult?or Aliko Dangote that you are accusing of been a robber baron is he not Halima’s Father?
Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by Nobody: 1:50am On Mar 01, 2021
smallsmall:

I dont engage uncultured !diots like you, not even anonymously. undecided
When i saw it point out sarcasm in my comment and I realised it doesn't understand what sarcasm is, I didn't dignify it with a reply. All i saw was mud and a piggy so it's difficult if not impossible for me to engage it.
Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by favor914: 1:54am On Mar 01, 2021
trailblazar:

When i saw it point out sarcasm in my comment and realised it doesn't understand what sarcasm is, I didn't dignify him with a reply. All i saw was mud and a piggy so it's difficult if not impossible for me to engage it.
Answer them according to their folly, exact same way I relate with you, you took the words right out, couldn’t have exclaimed it any better.
Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by doxijaw: 1:54am On Mar 01, 2021
tobechi74:
You cannot improve the quality of lives of poor by killing the rich

You do not promote local content by banning foreign content

You do not encourage export by banning import

Actually u can, it all depends on what u r trying to achieve.
Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by doxijaw: 1:58am On Mar 01, 2021
There's never a solution in all these gibberish nonesense.
Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by lexy2014: 2:00am On Mar 01, 2021
COMPAQ:

Its simple economics 101 dude.

"Simple economics 101" that u can't explain. It's "simple economics 101" that dangote "changed the landscape of lekki axis" grin grin weldone

1 Like

Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by Brushstrokes20: 2:17am On Mar 01, 2021
Useless bunch of insatiable THIEVES!

The doomed contraption is long overdue for disintegration.

Another alternative is a RED REVOLT.....EXTERMINATE them and their entire lineage!

1 Like

Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by Asswipemod: 2:23am On Mar 01, 2021
favor914:
I see why you are there at the bottom pit, you have a very poor mentality, be waiting for cheap crude from Dangote, just the same way you are waiting for free data from Airtel, or is it MTN?

And what gives you the impression that I can't feed you and your loved ones for ages? If I am at the bottom pit, you must be in an abyss.

1 Like

Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by Buchitoochi: 2:30am On Mar 01, 2021
Many ex and present Nigeria leaders have a stake in Dangote coy and the other ones. In short they are the real owners. Dangote, Rabiu and the Lebanon man are just fronts. This companies are just investment platform for past and present corrupt leader. I guess you won't expect government to legislate or make policies against their business empires. They are the government and WI be judges in their own cases.

2 Likes

Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by wman(m): 3:59am On Mar 01, 2021
Coronabirus:
Children of hates. You celebrate your criminal rich and hate those into legitimate business. Your ppl sell drugs, traffic people for slavery, and were on several occasions given many licence and billions of naira CBN loan to build modular refineries but ended up siphoning the money and diverting it for personal gratification but all these isn't enough. Out of less than 300 people Nigeria owe more than N3trillions are southerners, they failed to do anything with the what they collected.
If not because of Dangote we would be buying cement at more than 30k/bag.
About the issue of selling and buying of crude oil in naira, u need to understand the concept and economic benefits of it not just come here and advertise ur ignorance. Your people are only investing in building churches and media propaganda while others are building Nigeria's economy but u're are still not happy with it; u only want to see whites people controlling our economy not our fellow citizens. What have u said abt Shell and other IOCs operating in Nigeria, looting and corrupting the sector? Nobody knows the exact crude oil Nigeria produces everyday excerpt them and u kept mute as if u're gag.
Family of Dangote and BUA were extremely rich before Nigeria was amalgamated, u need to learn history.
If not because of u're educationally illiterate, how can govt buy Dangote petrol, govt will only be a guide in making laws on how the business should be conducted because this the first time we've such a big private refinery & he want to forestall the potential conflict in the market.
Idiot ppl, children of hates; this attitude can't even be seen in animals kingdom.

It's actually because of Dangote that Nigerians pay the highest price for cement in Africa. Dangote cement is cheaper in Ghana than Nigeria. Nigerians pay one of the highest prices for cement in the world.

Dangote is a monopolistic bastard that has nothing good to offer Nigeria apart from enriching himself and his government cronies. That guy is doing more to impoverish Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by wman(m): 4:03am On Mar 01, 2021
favor914:
Hate Bring Them Down Syndrome is what will destroy people like you, whether Dangote buys crude in yuan or Naira, how does it effect you? Mumu you may not know, natural crude oil is not Nigeria’s problem, we have that in abundance, refining the natural crude is the problem, you pay dollars when commodities are exported, can crude oil sold to Dangote in Nigeria be classified as export? Dangote’s refinery will add another 660,000 barrels a day to Nigeria’s export.

Crude oil is a huge part of our FOREX income and our national earnings. Why should we sell crude oil to the international market in dollars, then sell in Naira to Dangote?

Why did the same Dangote confirm that refined products will be sold to Nigerians at dollar price value and not Naira price value? The thief will buy crude oil favorably in Naira, then turn around to sell it in Dollar price for us.

Stop defending oligarchs that are ruining your country and making lives potentially difficult for your unborn kids. Dangote and many of these politicians are in bed with each other.

3 Likes

Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by wman(m): 4:06am On Mar 01, 2021
favor914:
Hate Bring Them Down Syndrome is what will destroy people like you, whether Dangote buys crude in yuan or Naira, how does it effect you? Mumu you may not know, natural crude oil is not Nigeria’s problem, we have that in abundance, refining the natural crude is the problem, you pay dollars when commodities are exported, can crude oil sold to Dangote in Nigeria be classified as export? Dangote’s refinery will add another 660,000 barrels a day to Nigeria’s export.

Lmao.

We want our country to be richer and get fair value for its resources. Already, we are sinking into debts and can't afford to fund infrastructure and other projects without foreign loans. You are here lying that we gave more than enough crude oil?

How do people like you reason? Don't you want your country to progress? Don't you want your country to get richer? What do you gain from supporting Dangote and his crony capitalism?

1 Like

Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by Keemsleek005(m): 4:57am On Mar 01, 2021
lexy2014:

So u mean Ibeto wasn't willing to take d risk? Is "everything working against" dangote and co mentioned in d story?

Taxes paid? Are u aware that dangote barely pays taxes as a result of being a beneficiary of some of d policies mentioned in d article?

What exactly are d benefits to d economy that u are touting?

As much as every businessman is a thief, dangote not paying tax is a ppp agreement with the goverment in repairing roads such as oshodi apapa road, i think tincan too etc. Ibeto too can sign such ppp agreement against paying tax for a period of years.
Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by bmaks: 4:57am On Mar 01, 2021
MansoryMX:
Only a matured mind will take his/her time to read up this beautiful article and see the danger that lies ahead for Nigerians. I drove down to a nearby refilling station to buy petrol this evening and i was shocked it’s now sold for 175-190/liter (excluding the already tampered fuel pump). It shall never be well with Buhari, his thieves and all those who voted this evil government in power. As for those of you still supporting this government because of stipends y’all benefits from them, Doomsday will visit you all!

Amen
Re: Backward Integration In Sugar, Cement And Petroleum: Who Are The Beneficiaries? by emerituzz: 5:02am On Mar 01, 2021
Cryptocurrency is the best investment Vehicle of the 21st century.

Especially if you can get new cryptocurrency coins for free without spending a dime then HOLD for the value to explode in the future.

GoodDollar coins launched in September last year has more than doubled in value and it has much more growth potential.

The best part is you don't have to spend any money to acquire it for now. You can check my signature to claim free 50G$

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Laolu Akande Responds To Inquiry About Rumours Of Osinbajo Running In 2023 / South-East And Middle Belt Forum Endorses Peter Obi / I Won The Election. They Took Me To Court & I Won. I Am Proud Of Myself- Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.