Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,691 members, 7,820,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari (957 Views)

Bandits: President Buhari Receives Tambuwal In Aso Rock (Photos) / Plateau Attacks: Lalong Incapacitated, Can’t Order Security Agencies – APC / Kyari: US Court Can’t Order Arrest Of A Non-citizen Resident In Nigeria - PSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari by gistsmill04: 6:31am On Mar 01, 2021
President Buhari has revealed why his government can’t order security forces to clampdown on bandits terrorizing the peaceful coexistence of Nigeria.

Recall that President Muhammadu Buhari says security forces have not moved against bandits in the country because of the fear of “heavy casualties of innocent villagers and hostages” that may be suffered in such operations.

Of late, there has been outrage over the body language of the President to bandits in the country. Some sections of the country had also perceived Buhari as allegedly pampering bandits and criminal herdsmen terrorising parts of the country.

But in a statement on Friday, presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu, quoted Buhari as saying, “We have the capacity to deploy massive force against the bandits in the villages where they operate, but our limitation is the fear of heavy casualties of innocent villagers and hostages who might be used as human shields by the bandits.”

Buhari, who also described the latest abduction of hundreds of students of Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe in Zamfara State, as inhumane and totally unacceptable, said no group was too strong to be defeated by the government.

According to Shehu, the President noted that his “primary objective is to get the hostages safe, alive and unharmed.”

“A hostage crisis is a complex situation that requires maximum patience in order to protect the victims from physical harm or even brutal death at the hands of their captors.

https://www.ngtimes.net/2021/03/why-i-cant-order-security-forces-deal-bandits-president-buhari.html

Re: Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari by Goldencheese(m): 6:32am On Mar 01, 2021
At least Buhari, if you don't fear any human being, fear Allah. You mean you can't deploy your Fula security against your Fula bandits but you can deploy helicopter gunship and fighter planes to Orlu in Imo State Southeast Nigeria in order to fish out non-terrorist ESN operatives? And the location is a heavily populated civilian area! History will not absolve you.

You're a wicked, evil and the most corrupt and hypocritical leader to ever lead Nigeria.

Shame on you and on your government.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari by yanabasee1(m): 6:33am On Mar 01, 2021
But you can order them to arrest your critics....

What is his functions as a president if he can't use the resources (security agencies) to fight crimes in the country...

I am sure, this is because the perpetrators are his kinsmen.....

5 Likes

Re: Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari by butterfly777(m): 6:34am On Mar 01, 2021
But you can quickly move against ESN and Sunday Igboho, who are protecting their people after you failed in your duty to protect the masses.

Yeye dey smell.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari by Rootprof(m): 6:36am On Mar 01, 2021
There is what they call war casuality now.
Oga flush out this people before they become more powerful through this cash out fund government keep giving them.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari by Wantedmiller: 6:36am On Mar 01, 2021
NA Presidency dey talk or Buhari?........I want to really know.
Re: Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari by Joshmodest(m): 6:38am On Mar 01, 2021
This is Shehu's comment through and through , Buhari is neither aware or concerned about the kidnapped students , this country till 2023 is on auto pilot mode , that's the next level dream !!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari by ojun50(m): 6:43am On Mar 01, 2021
Wantedmiller:
NA Presidency dey talk or Buhari?........I want to really know.

Them Don exchange Buhari for presidency

3 Likes

Re: Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari by Tonytonex(m): 6:44am On Mar 01, 2021
keep pampering them. na ur brodas na. we know
Re: Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari by xpressionx(m): 6:47am On Mar 01, 2021
But while arresting you deployed the military to arrest and kill innocent people in obigbo,orlu and some other places in the south.

Congratulations to one Nigeria.

PLEASE DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE LUGGARD WAS BURIED?
LETS EXHUME HIS CORPSE AND GIVE IT MASS BEATING
Re: Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari by mayklef(m): 6:48am On Mar 01, 2021
we all know you are the Grand patron of all terrorist and bandit groups in Nigeria
Re: Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari by agulion: 6:52am On Mar 01, 2021
Buhari your matter don tire me, make we kukuma scatter this yeye country
Re: Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:00am On Mar 01, 2021
But you can go after the harmless civilians, northerners and irrationality
Re: Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari by saheedbadmus(m): 7:20am On Mar 01, 2021
Ooh really dis shows our president cares about lives o .. abi eri olorun bii .. security operatives can be sent to lekki against harmless protesters but can't be sent after bandits wey get AK no wahala na . Bo shey reh wa bani beh .. one day we all shall leave this world and we all shall account for all we did on earth .. ati shi olori yannn

1 Like

Re: Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari by Dyke15(m): 7:21am On Mar 01, 2021
If u witnessed Buharis regime during 1983 or 85 or so ND u still voted him in 2015 ND 2019 ba, ur judgment day will surely cum
Then if u voted him in in 2015 ND did same thing in 2019 coz u felt that ur zone will be given d next presidency, then u no pass that judgement
If u did both the first ND last ND u still ain't sorry up till now ND apologized to both urself ND the nation at large ba, be calm Las Las e go surely hit u
Re: Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari by Nbotee(m): 7:25am On Mar 01, 2021
U can deploy soldiers and police to disperse peaceful protesters abii? U can deploy soldiers to flush out ESN vigilantes protecting their region from herdsmen abi

1 Like

Re: Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari by PrinceOfLagos: 7:30am On Mar 01, 2021
Enjoy your 4+4 change Nigerians
Re: Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari by SouthNigerian: 7:31am On Mar 01, 2021
yanabasee1:
But you can order them to arrest your critics....

What is his functions as a president if he can't use the resources (security agencies) to fight crimes in the country...

I am sure, this is because the perpetrators are his kinsmen.....
Question

am sure, this is because the perpetrators are his kinsmen.....
Correct Answer
Re: Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari by VaselineCrew: 7:33am On Mar 01, 2021
Which Buhari?

Why is it that Buhari will never come out and talk for himself?

At this point, even if a foreign country declares war on Nigeria, your President Buhari will still not be seen.

All we keep hearing is “Buhari says” and “Presidency”
Re: Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari by VaselineCrew: 7:34am On Mar 01, 2021
All you commenters up there should ask yourselves when last you saw Buhari speak to reporters.

The fact that you all just believe Buhari said so and so because a newspaper prints it is alarming.
Re: Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari by arsenal444(m): 7:48am On Mar 01, 2021
Because you are INCOMPETENT simple
Re: Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 01, 2021
But you ordered military onslaught against IPOB in Oyigbo and ESN in Orlu and didnt worry about casualties. Criminal Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari by orisa37: 7:56am On Mar 01, 2021
THIS GOVERNMENT IS MAD AND FAKE.
Re: Why I Can’t Order Security Forces To Deal With Bandits - President Buhari by Aketi2: 8:06am On Mar 01, 2021
Correction, it was not the president that spoke, it was an aid called Garba Shehu. The president is incapacitated or dead, he is not capable of speaking. Therefore, dont take the statement serious.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Govt Kills Morale Of Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Terrorists --KANU / 227 Pregnant Cows Arrive Ekiti / DSS And Miyetti Allah Is Behind The Unknown Gunmen Do Not Be Decieve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.