Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Nipost Scam - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nipost Scam (373 Views)

Please Help! Nipost Has Stolen My Item Oh!!! / Nipost/EMS Delayed My Documents / Please Help Nipost May Have Scammed Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nipost Scam by Madisonsqua(m): 12:37pm On Mar 01, 2021
Please I need recommendations on how or where to report this Nipost scam.....I have recently sent some gift items....majorly cloths to my family...this parcel weighed less than 10kg with valuation of just over 100k naira....

Now the parcel is at the local post office...and they are asking for a custom charge of 185k naira.....more than the value of parcel and shipping combined....

It's a big shame that no institution can be trusted in Nigeria....

Please any suggestions or recommendations on what to do.
I sensed they're just trying to play smart and extort or just wanna steal the parcel.

Thanks
Re: Nipost Scam by bizgenius1: 12:38pm On Mar 01, 2021
Madisonsqua:
Please I need recommendations on how or where to report this Nipost scam.....I have recently sent some gift items....majorly cloths to my family...this parcel weighed less than 10kg with valuation of just over 100k naira....

Now the parcel is at the local post office...and they are asking for a custom charge of 185k naira.....more than the value of parcel and shipping combined....

It's a big shame that no institution van be trusted in Nigeria....

I sensed they're just trying to play smart and extort or just wanna steal the parcel.

Thanks

maile the postmaster general or caLL him
Re: Nipost Scam by Madisonsqua(m): 12:41pm On Mar 01, 2021
bizgenius1:

maile the postmaster general or caLL him
please how can I get the contact preferably email so I can forward some documents with my conplaints
Re: Nipost Scam by hisgrace090: 1:46pm On Mar 01, 2021
So many unpleasant experience with this fraudulent country.
Re: Nipost Scam by Lexusgs430: 6:05pm On Mar 01, 2021
Madisonsqua:

It's a big shame that no institution can be trusted in Nigeria....

Thanks

Before you complain, think it through........

Where did you send items from?

Customs have simply put their value on the item and charged accordingly, not believing your declared value.......

It's not a NIPOST scam, but customs revenue generation drive (ask people that shop from AliExpress)........
Re: Nipost Scam by Madisonsqua(m): 10:00pm On Mar 01, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Before you complain, think it through........

Where did you send items from?

Customs have simply put their value on the item and charged accordingly, not believing your declared value.......

It's not a NIPOST scam, but customs revenue generation drive (ask people that shop from AliExpress)........

I don't seem to understand your comment. I sent the parcel from where I live. And I have also provided them with most of the receipts.....do u mean a custom charge which is around or even more than the cost of items and shipping combined is justified? How and where do they get their valuation.

Will appreciate if u can explain why the origin of parcel matters. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Visa Enquiry / The Scam Visa On Arrival For Nigerian's In Diaspora / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.