Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine (17627 Views)

Vehicles Seized From Matawalle’s House Amid Showdown With New Govt / Photos From Herdsmen Attack In Igangan, Oyo Today (Graphic) / Francis Onwuachi Killed By Fulani Herdsmen After Abduction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by EBMedia: 6:09pm On Mar 01, 2021
Benue State Govt Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine

The Benue state government has released 210 cows seized from herdsmen at Mbala, Makurdi, and Gbajimba in Guma Local Government Area of the state, IgbereTV reports.

The cows were arrested by the state's livestock guards when they were found wandering on the streets, an act that is in violation of the state's 2017 Open grazing law.

The commander of the Benue State Livestock Guards, Linus Zaki, said the cows were returned to the owners after various fines worth N5million in total, were paid. He warned the herdsmen to desist from violating the open grazing prohibition law of 2017 and seek approval for the establishment of ranches.

“We arrested 140 cows in Mbala on February 11, 2021, and 70 cows in Gbajimba on February 16, 2021. Altogether, we are handing over 210 cows to their owners today. We cannot stop implementing the law so the herdsmen must learn to follow the right procedure,” Zaki said.

The release of the cows followed the payment of N2,000 each for the 210 cows with 140 of the animals held for 14 days while 70 of them were held for eight days, amounting to over N5million revenue into the state coffers.

Speaking on behalf of the owners of the cattle, the secretary, Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association, Ibrahim Galma appealed for leniency saying the process of establishing ranches is too technical and scientific for an average Fulani Normad.

https://igberetvnews.com/1383963/benue-state-govt-releases-210-cows-seized-herdsmen-taking-n5m-fine/

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by Henrydonland(m): 6:19pm On Mar 01, 2021
grin grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by Spending123: 6:21pm On Mar 01, 2021
Audio 5 million naira release.

22 Likes

Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by thoollz: 6:37pm On Mar 01, 2021
Well deserved. Other states should follow suit, in 2017 herdsmen killed Benue people like chickens, but since the law was enforced, there has been nothing of such. Southerners open your eyes, the Northerners cannot tolerate a quarter of what they're dishing out.

They should increase the fine, so others won't try it.

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:38pm On Mar 01, 2021
He debunked allegations levelled against the Fulani, claiming that not all of them were criminals, adding “Just as you have in any society where there are good and bad people.”

Mohammed insisted that “It is not only Fulanis that commit crimes in the country, but it was sad that everything happening now is heaped on Fulani herdsmen.”
This is the whole truth of the matter, that some troublemakers refused to understand.
Hypocrites everywhere....

We remembered how we used to live as brothers as sisters in our darling nation with these same Fulani herdsmen.
The times we gave water and food to herdsmen journeying across the nation as they go on their business peacefully,
Just with their sticks for their cattles and kettles for their prayers.
May it never be well with troublemakers in our darling nation.
May it never be well with all evil herdsmen and all their sponsors, along with proscribed ipob terrorist organizations and any other persons, group or politicians sponsoring chaos and violence in our land.

No matter all manner of violence or chaos some devilish people are causing all over.

Nigeria is ONE and that IS FINAL.

This too shall pass.....

Patrioticbreed9:

i dont even know what went wrong along the line back then there was on angweyi that my parent loves so much in our village, we usualy call him awoli jam or awoli jampo and anytime we call him by that name he will start dancing and singing,any day my he is coming my mother usualy prepare beans and yam his favourite there was a day he came with four of his brothers and my mum prepared almost 3mudus of beans and 2 yams for em, the bound was so strong that we named him chibuzor, he gifted us two calfs.. i was shocked the day my mum called me and told me dat fulanis are disturbing our farms i asked her if chibuzor was among and she said chibuzor have been away for the past six years.. what went wrong ..
Hmmmm, this is deep and so emotional.
Most of us @[color=#006600][/color] can testify to this too.
This is what politics of hatred and bitterness can do to some evil people.

Spending123:

Like I said if any cow nears my area, I won't think twice of wasting it. At least since I bought my gun I haven't tested it on anything so I can start from cows as well.
You will make a good comedian.
Stop wasting away here kiddo!
You go waste cow?
Na so una dsy start to waste 'something'.
Orisirisi something!

You even bought a gun
, in a country that gun is not legalized?
Na so una mouth dey put una for wahala on social media

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by Alababoys: 6:38pm On Mar 01, 2021
Naija =Biafra + Oduduwa republic + Cow Republic

3 Likes

Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by ScamHunter: 6:38pm On Mar 01, 2021
Why would they do that for a paltry N5 million? Not even N500 million? Open grazing should be permanently banned. Every cattle must be ranched. It beats one how a country would talk about cattle from January to December and the cycle continues. Is this a cow country? A country where cattle is more valuable than humans. Yet some people were excited to vote in humans putting cattle ahead of them. I think too much love for animals in lieu of humans is misanthropic.

9 Likes

Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by dreu2fine(m): 6:38pm On Mar 01, 2021
Spending123:

Like I said if any cow nears my area, I won't think twice of wasting it. At least since I bought my gun I haven't tested it on anything so I can start from cows as well.
so u have a gun abi
Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by doffman: 6:39pm On Mar 01, 2021
Good vanity shocked
Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by NwaNimo1(m): 6:39pm On Mar 01, 2021

1 Like

Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by Jonah507(m): 6:39pm On Mar 01, 2021
Nice job
Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by bishop4life(m): 6:39pm On Mar 01, 2021
Nigerian news, cow news.
Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by Optional09: 6:40pm On Mar 01, 2021
They don use over do take find hate for theirselves. We don’t over accommodate them. They get everything for free from others yet they show no appreciation

2 Likes

Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by Numerouno94(m): 6:40pm On Mar 01, 2021
Nice.
Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by donforeign: 6:40pm On Mar 01, 2021
Nice
Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by Josaj(m): 6:40pm On Mar 01, 2021
grin
Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by Jahwinaboy(m): 6:40pm On Mar 01, 2021
Better
Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by Whytelyon(m): 6:41pm On Mar 01, 2021
Na so e good.
Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by hatchy(f): 6:41pm On Mar 01, 2021
Otom....Fulani and Buhari's APC slayer.

Tunder fire the stupid herdsman in the presidency.

3 Likes

Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by Clintonchiedzie(m): 6:41pm On Mar 01, 2021
Send it down to Southeast

2 Likes

Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by oluwasegun007(m): 6:41pm On Mar 01, 2021
Lo batan.
Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:42pm On Mar 01, 2021
A better Nigeria is all we want.

There are on-going efforts for the establishment of cattle ranches to prevent or curtail open grazing,
The practice that brings herders and farmers into conflict.
This is an age-old problem facing Nigerian Governments since the colonial days.
However, matters of land distribution are dealt with at state level.
This means willingness has to be shown by state governors to drive the process forward.
The Federal Government launched a plan last year to work with states to address these issues - together. Unfortunately, this has been lacking in some states.

We hope and pray everything go according to plan.

God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by OfficialGaGa(m): 6:42pm On Mar 01, 2021
Cows the new first class citizens in the shIithole... of a country...

God punish buhari

Prophet GaGa
Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by DuBLINGreenb(m): 6:43pm On Mar 01, 2021
Sweet!

I'm convinced that myself and @ are in different Nigeria's. Abi dem fence him eye, I no just know
@ cannot see what's going on in our "darling" Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by thatsleepboy1: 6:44pm On Mar 01, 2021
I fully trust the people of Kogi state especially the Igalas. They won't even waste time in killing and sharing the cows among themselves.
Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by Ayoade19993(m): 6:44pm On Mar 01, 2021
the ransom no much... bill them 50m and am sure they would pay.. for better negotiation cap the female ones and see how them go dey beg negotiate

1 Like

Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by sofeo(m): 6:44pm On Mar 01, 2021
Lols
Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by 900warriorz: 6:45pm On Mar 01, 2021
Even Devil go dey respect Buhari...like how can COWS be troubling a full country?

Make una reason am
angry

Choose your position abeg grin

Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by samuel19222(m): 6:45pm On Mar 01, 2021
is Buhari aware of this? I doubt!!! How una go seize cow
Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by Legalcriminal: 6:46pm On Mar 01, 2021
Spending123:

FEDSARS, DSS and 77 others like your comment

1 Like

Re: Benue Releases 210 Cows Seized From Herdsmen After Taking N5M Fine by JaffyJoe(m): 6:46pm On Mar 01, 2021
post=99518239:

This is the whole truth of the matter, that some troublemakers refused to understand.
Hypocrites everywhere....

We remembered how we used to live as brothers as sisters in our darling nation with these same Fulani herdsmen.
The times we gave water and food to herdsmen journeying across the nation as they go on their business peacefully,
Just with their sticks for their cattles and kettles for their prayers.
May it never be well with troublemakers in our darling nation.
May it never be well with all evil herdsmen and all their sponsors, along with proscribed ipob terrorist organizations and any other persons, group or politicians sponsoring chaos and violence in our land.

No matter all manner of violence or chaos some devilish people are causing all over.

Nigeria is ONE and that IS FINAL.

This too shall pass.....

Hmmmm, this is deep and so emotional.
Most of us @[color=#006600][/color] can testify to this too.
This is what politics of hatred and bitterness can do to some evil people.

Dude STFU with all that we used to live with each other water nonsense. People change, deal with it. Even Osama Bin Laden was once an innocent baby. These herders have chosen a destructive path and on numerous occasions, their elites have admitted to this. Only you living in your foolish denial is yarning dusts here. Please don’t insult our intelligence.

20 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Democracy Day: Abiola, Tinubu Share Similar Qualities — Yahaya Bello / Fuel Scarcity: Depots Dry Up, Nigerians Face Bleak Christmas / Sample Letter Of Application For Permit To Use Tinted Glass In Nig...!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.