Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,398 members, 7,822,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others (88028 Views)

Skeletons Of Over 40 People And Some Who Died Of SYPHILIS Found In Peru (Photos) / Starving Elephant Spotted At The Maiduguri Zoo In Borno State. / Boy Poses With Bush Baby In Enugu State After It Was Killed (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by Lightorder: 9:42am On Mar 02, 2021
Lagoon0:

Its failure for us to preserve our wild life thats why such things happens. If the whole lion comes out to town and you kill them all does that make sense?

Everything fails in this country walai .
you are right but even in the US, some endangered dangerous animals are still roaming in the wild, uncontrolled
Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by Jashub: 9:43am On Mar 02, 2021
Lightorder:
in places you least expected o. When I was in UNN, a driver once told me that a friend driver was driving through an area called Uzo uwani and behold, group of elephants were crossing the road
Ehn ehn... shocked

1 Like

Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by Lagoon0: 9:43am On Mar 02, 2021
heendrix:

Let it fucking die who cares

anytime Nigeria needs Lion we can always swap ur type for 2 Cubs from South Africa
You can see the difference, why can't Nigeria preserve her wild life like SA? undecided
Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 02, 2021
D 1st Pics Looks Like A Pig Lying Down.

Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by NOwazobia: 9:45am On Mar 02, 2021
Lagoon0:

Ignorance is just too rampant someone saying I'm emulating the west. I don't blame them most people dont get education to get knowledge only to make money .

A lot of educated illiterate
This is one scenerio i have observed the allege illitracy is better than your so called education.
Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by OfficialGaGa(m): 9:45am On Mar 02, 2021
NOwazobia:
when an acute idiot starts calling others idiots, then know it is finish.

like ur dad right..? I know .. gave birth to u a special idiot like u ..... idiot of all time....
Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by Sagay212: 9:46am On Mar 02, 2021
Lion self don join bandits and kidnapping. You as life be for north? They killed the poor lion but are negotiating with kidnappers and terrorists who have killed thousands of northerners. Shrek gumi better dialogue with the head of the lion bandits before they go into full terrorism in the north. Call the lions and negotiate with them. Give them amnesty by feeding them with cows, after all you have stopped the selling of cows to the south.

Hyenas and other animals about to join banditry and kidnapping in the north. It is a very sweet and profitable business.

1 Like

Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by Lagoon0: 9:46am On Mar 02, 2021
NOwazobia:
O shey mr sound education that is not able to decipher when to save and when to let go.
Killing the said lion to save soul is not bad. But this might continue to happen and killing continues . thats not a solution
Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 02, 2021
Dis Must Be A Female Lion. Guys, Are U Thinking What I'm Thinking? It's Only A Female Lion Dat Can Be Very Aggressive To Eat Up People Like Dis.
Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by Emola12(m): 9:48am On Mar 02, 2021
Buh I hear say lion no dey Nigeria nah??
Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by heendrix(m): 9:48am On Mar 02, 2021
Lagoon0:

You can see the difference, why can't Nigeria preserve her wild life like SA? undecided

It's simple cuz the Government does not feel Tourism is an Economic potentials and are really not doing enough for the Ecotourism management in the Nation

1 Like

Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by NOwazobia: 9:49am On Mar 02, 2021
OfficialGaGa:

like ur dad right..? I know .. gave birth to u a special idiot like u ..... idiot of all time....
You just prove me right that you are an acute idiot. I am waiting for you to prove me right again. lol
Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by Muhylonaire007: 9:50am On Mar 02, 2021
budaatum:
I am saddened no one has considered the pointless murder of this rare lion as a deplorable act.

While some nations are trying to save endangered species and using their existence to generate revenue, we are killing them for daily food.

Na weere full nairaland... Lmao grin grin
Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by Lagoon0: 9:51am On Mar 02, 2021
Lightorder:
you are right but even in the US, some endangered dangerous animals are still roaming in the wild, uncontrolled
I don't really know much about western wild life. But I notice Nigeria has many wild endangered animals like elephant, tigers, lion. All this animals are native to Africa . in my agricultural textbook back then it was said that the rain forest in africa don't have wild animals.
I beg to differ because my ancestors killed tiger in Epe forest . let's try to make our environment save for humans and wild life.
If there are wild animas in our forest reserve which herders will be boasting to hiding in forest

1 Like

Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by tempusfugit: 9:52am On Mar 02, 2021
Nothing happened to the Lions that looks like human that we have all over the country!!!
Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by Miyachi: 9:53am On Mar 02, 2021
doggedfighter:
Why's their skin ashy? Is it the terrain?

That Lion looks too well fed to escape from a Nigerian Zoo.

How I wish it attacked Boko Haram undecided

That one posing there in camo, is he a soldier or those ones destroying beer up North?
cheesy grin
Just my thought. I was expecting to see a scrawny frame.
Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by tofolo(m): 9:54am On Mar 02, 2021
Lagoon0:

Killing it to protect people its not Bad. But there are better ways to avoid such incidence that'll endanger wild life.
I totally agree with you bro, but its a fact that once a Lion has tasted human blood it would always come back, and seeing this one you can guess its not from a zoo, but a park or game reserve.
Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by QuotaSystem: 9:56am On Mar 02, 2021
budaatum:
I am saddened no one has considered the pointless murder of this rare lion as a deplorable act.

While some nations are trying to save endangered species and using their existence to generate revenue, we are killing them for daily food.

Clearly, it was killed in self defence.

When next you're in the middle of a lion attack, tell your rescuers to take it easy with him, you might even get a selfie.

2 Likes

Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by Dearlord(m): 9:56am On Mar 02, 2021
If you know how dangerous this animals are, you will give them some miles before they attacked you.
Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by Gartol(m): 9:58am On Mar 02, 2021
Lagoon0:

I don't really know much about western wild life. But I notice Nigeria has many wild endangered animals like elephant, tigers, lion. All this animals are native to Africa . in my agricultural textbook back then it was said that the rain forest in africa don't have wild animals.
I beg to differ because my ancestors killed tiger in Epe forest . let's try to make our environment save for humans and wild life.
If there are wild animas in our forest reserve which herders will be boasting to hiding in forest
so what you are saying is if a lion attacks you and you are cornered, and I have a rifle with me I should keep staring all in the name of protecting wildlife?
Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by Banter1(m): 9:59am On Mar 02, 2021
OMG, see better meat. In 1995 I ate a Lion meat caught by my uncle, same year I ate a Monkey meat caught by him.
Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by Kayberg: 9:59am On Mar 02, 2021
Some comments here are just trashy and unreasonable. Do you expect them to go hug, pat and start negotiating with it to stop attacking/killing people?

Or don't you know that, once a wild animal tastes human flesh, it can no longer be tamed? You now expect them to let it wander and continue mauling/killing people?

There are cases in your so called foreign countries that if such animals escape from the zoo, mauled/killed anyone, they kill them. Because once any wild animal tastes human flesh, they crave more.

These comments shows the 'no value' we now have for human lives in this country. Not surprised though… since the government isn't in any way different.

1 Like

Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by toysodja(m): 10:00am On Mar 02, 2021
Fat lies!! This happened last week in the Far North Region of my country Cameroon!! NOT NIGERIA!

1 Like

Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by budaatum: 10:03am On Mar 02, 2021
budaatum:
Lion killers are out in force baying for blood.

"Kill it", they yell, "kill it", is all they seem to know.

A lion that's worth more to them alive than dead.

Then they are surprised that there are no lions left.

I'd mention you all, but you are not worth the time.

https://www.nairaland.com/6439849/lion-killed-ngala-borno-state#99526909

QuotaSystem:

Clearly, it was killed in self defence.

When next you're in the middle of a lion attack, tell your rescuers to take it easy with him, you might even get a selfie.
Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by Banter1(m): 10:05am On Mar 02, 2021
ajailer:
for ppl wondering wether there are still lions in Nigeria....yes, lions dey wella up north
Plenty for Niger State, just head to a place called Borgu.
Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:10am On Mar 02, 2021
budaatum:

Note how you say "tasted" and not, "eaten you".

You are indeed justified, but smarter people will put it in a zoo.
you would have volunteered to catch the lion so that you can put it in a zoo
Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by NOwazobia: 10:10am On Mar 02, 2021
afroxyz:

In places where human beings use their sense, there are tranquilizers.
So, people work around with tranquilizers because they were expecting a lion to strick, mr senseful? Or maybe they should have grab and hold down the lion while they called for tranquilizers. lol. It seems education is an enemy of common sense in this part of the world.
Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by Kakamorufu(m): 10:10am On Mar 02, 2021
adieu Lion
Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by TheVictim01(m): 10:12am On Mar 02, 2021
Para military.
mysticwarrior:
that doesn't look like a Nigerian military outfit to me
Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by Kakamorufu(m): 10:12am On Mar 02, 2021
Lagoon0:

Tigers don't exist in africa

1 Like

Re: Lion Killed In Ngala, Borno State After It Killed Some People And Injured Others by Brian47(m): 10:16am On Mar 02, 2021
Don't know we had lions in the country sef.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

This Is Why Snakes Are Afraid Of Praying Mantises (Graphic Photos, Video) / The Whale Killed In Bayelsa: Before And After Photos / Many Animals Are Way Bigger Than We Think (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.