Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,809 members, 7,820,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Storing Up Heavenly Treasures - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Storing Up Heavenly Treasures (126 Views)

Storing Up Treasures In Heavenly Places / Mortuary Denies Storing Corpse Of Man Allegedly Raised From Dead By Pastor / Magnus Ebere Sells Heavenly Subscription Cards To Church Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Storing Up Heavenly Treasures by topshore(f): 10:41am On Mar 02, 2021
Text: Mathew 6:19-20

Jesus warned us to store for ourselves treasures in heaven where moth, rust and thieves cannot destroy or break in.

Does this mean Jesus does not want us to enjoy good things on Earth? No!
There's nothing wrong with wealth for God is the One that generously gives people success with resources, money, long life and good health to enjoy it(Ecclesiastes 5:19).
However, when we value the gifts more than the giver, it becomes obsession and ruins our relationship with God.

Piling up earthly things means having idols in our hearts. When we place a high value on these things it leaves God out of our everyday lives. This wealth now becomes mammon. (Mathew 6:24)

How Do We Store Up Heavenly Treasures?
1. Accept Christ as your Lord and Saviour for it is through Him you can start storing up heavenly treasures.
2. Love the Word of God (Proverbs 7:1)
3. Have an intimate relationship with the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit
4. Set your affection on things above rather than below.
5. Give to the needy and be a blessing to others around you.
6. Seek after the Kingdom of God first (Mathew 6:31-33).
7. Live holy, blameless and spotless without wrinkle(2 Peter 3:13-15).
8. Share the gospel with others and win souls for Christ(Mark 16:15).
9. Be rich in good works(1Timothy 6:19).
10. Remember that this world and all the things in it are temporary. Only the Kingdom of God is sure.

Today is the day to start storing up heavenly treasures, tomorrow may be too late.

Confessions
Lord Jesus, come into my life, I accept You as my Lord and Saviour. I believe in my heart that You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You for saving me, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

Prayer
Oh Lord, empower me to live to Your expectation in this world, in the name of Jesus.
Peace!

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Pastor Survives Ghastly Motor Accident, Came Out Without A Scratch / Planting Honesty / Allow God To Have His Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.