Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,822 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) (56939 Views)

Peter Obi In Harvard University USA (Photos) / MC Oluomo At His Children's Graduation Ceremony In USA (Photos) / Meet Roxy Ogechi Ndebumadu Who Is The Chairwoman Of Bowie County, Maryland USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by spiceadole: 7:30pm On Mar 02, 2021
Okonjo-Iweala

Okonjo-Udochi

Both women middle-aged.

Retained their father's surname after marriage..
Added Husband's surname to their father's.

Where are the men who have a problem with women retaining their father's surname after marriage?
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by Kobicove(m): 7:32pm On Mar 02, 2021
This is a family of achievers! grin
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by thatigboman: 7:32pm On Mar 02, 2021
CSTRR:

Look at her.. Her face and her complexion.
Does she look like the average Benin you know?

How many Edo people are as great as her.?

Someone that is greater than the every Benin man or woman of the past 100 years and more, excluding the royal family.

Infact the anioma people are a far more accomplished people than the bini, at least in the 21st century.

That is because they come from an ethnic far more accomplished than the bini.
if she's bini, why is her name not arasomwan or aruanhan or uhunamure or yonawan?
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by thatigboman: 7:33pm On Mar 02, 2021
donveekings:

She is not Igbo but Delta
delta is now a tribe in your osogbo languange abi
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by harizonal123(m): 7:37pm On Mar 02, 2021
Fahdiga:
Shut up and acknowledge her tribe
Ndokwa amaka, Delta State amaka, south south amaka. Igbo - NO, Ibo -Yes

We don't speak igbo in Delta State. We speak Ndokwa language
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by thatigboman: 7:38pm On Mar 02, 2021
Heathrow44:
She has not even settled down on her WTO job she has started shouting this is a win for females folks in Nigeria! She didn't even say a win for Africa or Nigeria but for women" once a woman gets a top position they resort to being feminists rather than doing well on the job
what exactly are u blabbing about?

1 Like

Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 02, 2021
[quote author=thatigboman post=99549286]what exactly are u blabbing about?

Reread what I wrote this time with ur reading glasses, I believe what I wrote is self explanatory,
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by Owajigarrisson(m): 7:46pm On Mar 02, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
your brain is filled with junks.
I have been living in Asaba all my life, what if I told you mum is from Aniocha North? do you even know if the Etim name I told someone here on this nairaland is my real name?
oga face your 5 states of southeast, igbos don't exist beyond the River Niger i.e it starts from Abia and ends at Onitsha head bridge..
Makes me remember Rita Okafor my ex from Oshimili in Delta State that was always furious whenever I called her igbo

Don't tell me if your mum is from Aniocha North coz you're full of lies, I can't believe someone from AkwaCross is impersonating as a Deltan so he can argue about the ethnicity of NOI, something Ngozi stated in her book!!!
You should be ashamed of yourself, as for the 5 states stuff LMAO, no matter how much you cry, it won't change the fact that any Enuani man from Anioma you meet will always tell you he is Igbo!!
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by thatigboman: 7:47pm On Mar 02, 2021
[quote author=Heathrow44 post=99549459][/quote]u wrote untelligbe rubbish
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 02, 2021
thatigboman:
u wrote untelligbe rubbish

Pls fly away, don't have ur time
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by thatigboman: 7:53pm On Mar 02, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
I have been living in Asaba all my life, what if I told you mum is from Aniocha North? do you even know if the Etim name I told someone here on this nairaland is my real name?
oga face your 5 states of southeast, igbos don't exist beyond the River Niger i.e it starts from Abia and ends at Onitsha head bridge..
Makes me remember Rita Okafor my ex from Oshimili in Delta State that was always furious whenever I called her igbo
rita okafor from bini abi? So why is her name no ofure?
As for cross river and akwa ibom, that one na small thing, we have indigenous igbos in cross river and akwa ibom like 20 to 30%
I went to a friend's burial in a village in ogoja, all the music was igbo, all they spoke was igbo. And when i saw that my friend, i say "my igbo sister", she say noo, the igbos are settlers. And i say how, she had nothing to say
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by Owajigarrisson(m): 7:54pm On Mar 02, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:

To show you're a pathetic liar, you have roped in a non-existent Ex,the fact that NL is a faceless platform does not make it hard to track people like you! Thesame way I found out you're from AkwaCross is thesame way I'll expose you again.

A big note to you: Though there are thousands of Igboid dialects scattered in the South East,Niger Delta,Benue and Kogi states, the people who accept the "Igbo" tag would continue to be Igbos and nothing can change it, not even a well constructed lie from you! I know someone like you doesn't know that one of Okowa's campaign promise in Delta State which he fulfilled is to ensure the teaching of Igbo language in all schools in Anioma,I know you don't also know that every community in Anioma nominates a delegate to represent them in Ohaneze Ndi Igbo and they all have one vote like others during Exco elections,I know you don't know that. What you will know is how to change your identity from AkwaCross to Deltan so you can create a stupid theory that someone from Ogwashiku is not Igbo!
Shame on you!!!!

1 Like

Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by thatigboman: 7:56pm On Mar 02, 2021
Heathrow44:

Pls fly away, don't have ur time
when they have empty brain and cannot engage igboman in constructive debate, they resort to insults.
This man from osogbo, go and battle your hunger as hausa fulani has blockaded foodstuff from getting to yorubaland. I pity u shaa.

1 Like

Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by Nobody: 7:58pm On Mar 02, 2021
thatigboman:
when they have empty brain and cannot engage igboman in constructive debate, they resort to insults.
This man from osogbo, go and battle your hunger as hausa fulani has blockaded foodstuff from getting to yorubaland. I pity u shaa.

grin grin grin
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by Owajigarrisson(m): 8:00pm On Mar 02, 2021
thatigboman:
rita okafor from bini abi? So why is her name no ofure?
As for cross river and akwa ibom, that one na small thing, we have indigenous igbos in cross river and akwa ibom like 20 to 30%
I went to a friend's burial in a village in ogoja, all the music was igbo, all they spoke was igbo. And when i saw that my friend, i say "my igbo sister", she say noo, the igbos are settlers. And i say how, she had nothing to say

Cross River may have hundreds of Igbo communities not Akwa Ibom, Akwa Ibom has very few Indigenous Igbo communities located in Ukanafun LGA and they are of the Ndoki stock,it's the continuation of the Ndokis who inhabit Abia and Rivers States.
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by Owajigarrisson(m): 8:02pm On Mar 02, 2021
harizonal123:
Ndokwa amaka, Delta State amaka, south south amaka. Igbo - NO, Ibo -Yes
We don't speak igbo in Delta State. We speak Ndokwa language
You're confused, even Wikipedia says Ndokwa is an Igbo sub-group
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by Moikiitos: 8:06pm On Mar 02, 2021
Eijaa! E tin pain dis wan. Sori Chukwuemeka.

Idiko1:

Indicator of inferior mentality. I had rather have a dead man as a compatriot than you. I guess there are mountainous Igbo. What a dumb.
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by Moikiitos: 8:09pm On Mar 02, 2021
Eijaa! E pain dis wan 2.

Idiko1:

Indicator of inferior mentality. I had rather have a dead man as a compatriot than you. I guess there are mountainous Igbo. What a dumb.
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by harizonal123(m): 8:19pm On Mar 02, 2021
Owajigarrisson:

You're confused, even Wikipedia says Ndokwa is an Igbo sub-group
When we refer to somebody as igbo everyone in Delta State knows we are talking about people across river niger I repeat we don't have flat head(igbotic) people in Delta
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by thatigboman: 8:24pm On Mar 02, 2021
Owajigarrisson:

Cross River may have hundreds of Igbo communities not Akwa Ibom, Akwa Ibom has very few Indigenous Igbo communities located in Ukanafun LGA and they are of the Ndoki stock,it's the continuation of the Ndokis who inhabit Abia and Rivers States.
thanks. Tribe is not delineated by states.
Rivers say they do not have indegenous igbos, but etche is a town with some part in Rivers and others in Imo. So etches in imo are igbos but their brothers are not.
We have egbema, both in imo and rivers, and u say egbemas in imo are igbos but their brothers in rivers are not. Same as ndokis, some in abia and others in rivers. And they say ikwerres are not igbos, when me an igboman hear all they say. I even understand ikwerre igbo more that of some parts in ebonyi.
The ogbaru people are along the River Niger, some parts in anambra and others in delta. They are same people, same dialect and same culture. And an ogbaru man, whether from anambra or delta will call us from igbo hinterland "ndi igbo".
Anioma people call themselves full fledged igbos, because that's what they are. The Asagba of Asaba, even said it. That there is nothing like Rivers Igbo or Delta Igbo, all Igbos are igbos and they anioma people are fully igbos.

1 Like

Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by thatigboman: 8:30pm On Mar 02, 2021
I remember those days when travelling from the north to igboland takes whole day in public bus, luxirous bus. Whenever we get to umunede, delta state (present day ika) my dad would ask all of us to come let's eat because we have gotten to igboland. And they all speak igbo (then they were called Bendel Igbo). And our delicacy was ofe akwu (banga) which was only gotten in igboland.
If my dad try order for stew for you for your rice, you may not eat it and will cry all the way to imo state.

2 Likes

Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by budaatum: 8:34pm On Mar 02, 2021
Yeyenairaland:
Bleep ur country

Nigeria is not ONE and can never be ONE

When you travel outside Nigeria - as I pray you will one day - post me the cover of your "Nigeria is not ONE and can never be ONE" passport so that I know you are not fuqed.
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by thelish(f): 8:35pm On Mar 02, 2021
Family inheritance
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by Idiko1: 8:42pm On Mar 02, 2021
Owajigarrisson:

You seemed to be very economical with truth. It tells the lack of knowledge among most Nigerians when they venture into a public circle of intellectuals.

Here are few Igbo communities in Akwa Ibom State.

Ohaobu in Ukanafun LGA
Obuagu in Ini LGA
Itumbauzo in Ini LGA
Umubueze in Ika LGA
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by Unified07: 9:39pm On Mar 02, 2021
this IGBO AMAKA GIVES PEOPLE HEADACHE

NDI ANIOMA AMAKA NDI ASABA AMAKA

.IGBOS GENERALLY AMAKA
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by nextstep(m): 10:04pm On Mar 02, 2021
budaatum:
Nigeria Amaka! Congrats.
Fahdiga:
Shut up and acknowledge her tribe
budaatum:
Shut up and acknowledge her country and her gender, like she does, veryproudly!

We all know that if this woman was vying to be a minister in this Nigeria, our very own bigot - PMB - will pass over her because of her tribe, and her gender. He and his committee won't say, "what a well qualified Nigerian"... they'd say "... but she's Igbo... and a woman, haba we can't fah".

Let's call a spade a spade and acknowledge that woman Igbo Amaka abeg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by budaatum: 10:27pm On Mar 02, 2021
nextstep:

We all know that if this woman was vying to be a minister in this Nigeria, our very own bigot - PMB - will pass over her because of her tribe, and her gender. He and his committee won't say, "what a well qualified Nigerian"... they'd say "... but she's Igbo... and a woman, haba we can't fah".

Let's call a spade a spade and acknowledge that woman Igbo Amaka abeg

I do not know anything of the sort. I in fact know the opposite of what you claim to know.

The following is dated 13 October 2020 | 4:33am, so you too can know what most people seem to know.

President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, assured former Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, that Nigeria would explore every opportunity to seeing her emerge as next Director-General of the World Trade Organisation (WTO).
The Nigerian is one of two candidates contesting for the topmost job of the multilateral institution. Buhari, who received the one-time Managing Director (Operations) of the World Bank at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, said she deserved more support to get the plum office on account of her profile and diligence in public service.

“I assure you that we will do all that we can to ensure that you emerge as the Director-General of WTO, not only because you are a Nigerian, but because you are a hardworking Nigerian. You deserve this,” he added.
https://m.guardian.ng/news/well-push-till-you-clinch-wto-dg-seat-buhari-assures-okonjo-iweala/

Nigeria Amaka!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12851548_20201211015618941_jpeg_jpeg858ea5b4dddce8b9dfd064a0818909f1

1 Like

Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by revolt(m): 10:34pm On Mar 02, 2021
Which kain lipstick be that? Purple now makes the teeth so brown....dayum
Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by nextstep(m): 10:58pm On Mar 02, 2021
Owajigarrisson:
Don't tell me if your mum is from Aniocha North coz you're full of lies, I can't believe someone from AkwaCross is impersonating as a Deltan so he can argue about the ethnicity of NOI, something Ngozi stated in her book!!! You should be ashamed of yourself, as for the 5 states stuff LMAO, no matter how much you cry, it won't change the fact that any Enuani man from Anioma you meet will always tell you he is Igbo!!

I am an Enuani man. As you know, there has been a complicated relationship between Igbos East of Niger, and their brethren West of it, who I'll collectively call Anioma. Many people whose families have lived in Enuani since time immemorial trace their origins to Edo, Esan, and of course Nri, among other places. Migration, settling, marriage ties, trade, etc has resulted in a melting pot of people who are distinct from the Igbos - in the same manner Americans are distinct from the English, though they speak English and some do recognize their English ancestry. An Irish American, however, would balk at being called English, as would a German American, Spanish American, etc. The acceptable identity is American; similarly, the acceptable identity is Anioma.

Throughout recent Nigerian history (past 150 years or so), there have been repeated incidents where Anioma was grouped either as Edo, or Igbo, South-South, or even Western Region, based on the prevailing political expediency.

That Anioma is not Igbo could not have been made any clearer by the declaration: "We, the Chiefs, Elders, and Representatives of Eastern Nigeria ... do hereby solemnly proclaim that the territory and region known as and called Eastern Nigeria together with her continental shelf and territorial waters shall henceforth be an independent sovereign state of the name and title of 'the Republic of Biafra.'"

Eastern Nigeria did not include Anioma at that time, the Governor of Eastern Nigeria was not in charge of Anioma, and thus could not be referring to them when he says "your governor". There was also no subtext in the declaration that mentioned: "including the Igbo-speaking communities West of the Nigeria..." or anything to that effect.

Before you argue, also consider the phrase: "Midwest_Invasion_of_1967". The invasion began on August 9 when 3,000 Biafran soldiers led by General Victor Banjo crossed the River Niger Bridge into Asaba. One cannot invade your own country.

Yes, there were Biafra sympathizers from Anioma - several fought with distinction in the Biafra army, as did a few Europeans for that matter. There are also those who conclude that, since we speak Igbo, we are all Igbos. There is room for folks like NOI and Major Nzeogwu to recognize her Igbo ancestry; there is also room for others to recognize their non-Igbo ancestry as well.

Anioma is redefining its identity - on its own terms - not based on the patronizing opinions of Igbos, and not on the confused understanding of other Nigerian communities, but on its own terms.

1 Like

Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by nextstep(m): 11:02pm On Mar 02, 2021
budaatum:
“I assure you that we will do all that we can to ensure that you emerge as the Director-General of WTO, not only because you are a Nigerian, but because you are a hardworking Nigerian. You deserve this,” he added.
https://m.guardian.ng/news/well-push-till-you-clinch-wto-dg-seat-buhari-assures-okonjo-iweala/

I am quite aware of that article, however, I still believe this statement to be true: "if this woman was vying to be a minister in this Nigeria, our very own bigot - PMB - will pass over". One or two examples of being pan-Nigerian do not wipe out scores of examples of not being pan-Nigerian.

Nevertheless, I'll echo your "Nigeria Amaka!" so as not to be disagreeable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by budaatum: 11:08pm On Mar 02, 2021
nextstep:

I am quite aware of that article, however, I still believe this statement to be true: "if this woman was vying to be a minister in this Nigeria, our very own bigot - PMB - will pass over". One or two examples of being pan-Nigerian do not wipe out scores of examples of not being pan-Nigerian.

It's perfectly ok to believe. I mean, see what I believe below, though buda is a very bad believer, I must confess. But still, its okay to believe whatever one wants to believe, just that one might find obstacles in getting others to believe like you.

budaatum:
No! Not me! buda is definitely not "among the people who swallowed the lie that a man made machine called voyager 1 is somewhere in space working for over 40years without maintenance"!

buda is the one who would tell you the moon is made of swiss cheese and the Japanese work day and night to fuel the sun though the Americans are trying to take that duty off them because it pays a lot and is cheaper if they burn Mars instead after renting it from France. But China will have none of it and would rather North Korea had the contract while the Germans and Saudi all look on. And I'd warn you not to walk too close to the edge of the flat earth in case you fall off into the oblivion that's on India's edge, though if you are lucky you might be able to climb back up through the portal in Giza or the one in Tasmania if you pay the guide with the right currency which is like a password or you'll not be let back on earth.

And all that Emusan, is fact that you can check for yourself here, and here!

nextstep:
Nevertheless, I'll echo your "Nigeria Amaka!" so as not to be disagreeable.
And because you are a reasonable agreeable person, I will agreeably echo you too and say:

Igbo Amaka!

Ref: https://www.nairaland.com/6441349/7-reasons-why-nigeria-cannot#99554407

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cook Of Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue Absconds With $6m In Cash & Jewelry / Pro-Biafra Supporters At London Hospital In Search Of Buhari (Photos) / 61 Priests Bury Stella Oduah's Son... (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.