Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,389 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" (48563 Views)

Naira Hits ₦1,000/$ Ahead Of CBN Sale To BDCs / NNPC Ibadan On Fire, As Workers Steal Diesel Through Pipeline. Video / Edo Govt Seals Event Centre, Tasks Hotel, Mall Owners On Fire Safety Measures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 02, 2021
Who dem help �
Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by airminem(f): 1:49pm On Mar 02, 2021
oladele239:
H
H for Hisbah sad

1 Like

Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by Ukalsman(m): 1:52pm On Mar 02, 2021
Someone cannot sell his property again?
Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by ivolt: 1:52pm On Mar 02, 2021
Shoprite is evil, shop rite is bad, they are harming Nigeria, yadayada that is the song we have been hearing for years now. Now that it has been sold to a Nigerian, we would think the workers will be very happy. But they are not because they don't also trust the new owners even though they are Nigerians.

It is now clear that the problem was never the country of ownership. Similar things will happen if Multichoice is harassed out of the country.

3 Likes

Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by Hahjascho(m): 1:53pm On Mar 02, 2021
H
Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:53pm On Mar 02, 2021
so businesses cannot survive here in Nigeria. ......dats shows the government is not doing the proper thing!
Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by Nobody: 1:54pm On Mar 02, 2021
Olukat:
They are all evading Nigeria now but when this calamity will pass...
All will be fine again! I don't know why I keep counting days to 2023 shocked shocked
does is it looks like Nigeria will be fine anytime soon?

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by blackboy(m): 1:54pm On Mar 02, 2021
I was at a Shoprite branch today closed. Police men were on ground but not making arrest. The workers said no to human trafficking and they are entitled to their right
Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by wellmax(m): 1:55pm On Mar 02, 2021
DropsMic:
BUHARI'S harsh policies finally chased them away...

and Buhari policy is making a Nigeria company to buy them over.

Go and do brain servicing, oil don dey leak
Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 02, 2021
Triangles1:
Yes let Naija take over just like TSTV to take over.

But the work conditions and benefits of the workers should be spelt out in the take over. A lot of them have worked for years. You can't just sell abruptly and send them away empty handed!

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by MrNipplesLover(m): 1:55pm On Mar 02, 2021
Wahala be like center yansh... E no dey gree bleach.

Dead country.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 02, 2021
sapphiere:
My FUTURE is FEMALE.

Your FUTURE is FEMALE.

Their FUTURE is FEMALE.

Our FUTURE is FEMALE.

His FUTURE is FEMALE.

Her FUTURE is FEMALE.

The FUTURE is FEMALE.
be checking your mental health daily

2 Likes

Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by adesegun121(m): 1:57pm On Mar 02, 2021
Ok
Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by redsun(m): 2:01pm On Mar 02, 2021
That shop does tend to have too many staff that just idle around the shop floors. But I think is a way of cheaply engaging people, instead of leaving them unemployed. The pay packages for most of them are unrealistic low.
Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by paltielx: 2:01pm On Mar 02, 2021
OOzz:
Seun, lalasticlala and others
Why can't u guys fix this issue of nairaland loading ridiculously slow. This has been happening for weeks now, yet nothing has been done about it. If it's to dish out ban, u guys will be doing it like ur life depends on it. Pls fix this thing once and for all. Its making ur site boring and annoying.
very true, because of the slowness, i now access nairaland with my feature phone which is very much faster with it. Nairaland is gradually becoming a major news site in the country, sir please don't rest your effort

1 Like

Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by WilliamsDeGreat: 2:02pm On Mar 02, 2021
OOzz:
Why can't u guys fix this issue of nairaland loading ridiculously slow. This has been happening for weeks now, yet nothing has been done about it. If it's to dish out ban, u guys will be doing it like ur life depends on it. Pls fix this thing once and for all. Its making ur site boring and annoying.

Stop using glo.
Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by curlarpy: 2:03pm On Mar 02, 2021
sapphiere:
My FUTURE is FEMALE.

Your FUTURE is FEMALE.

Their FUTURE is FEMALE.

Our FUTURE is FEMALE.

His FUTURE is FEMALE.

Her FUTURE is FEMALE.

The FUTURE is FEMALE.
Reduce your weed
Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by AwesomeStormy00(m): 2:04pm On Mar 02, 2021
DropsMic:
BUHARI'S harsh policies finally chased them away...

I am not surprised the way they chase out Richard Branson out of Nigeria
Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by willybaby(m): 2:04pm On Mar 02, 2021
sapphiere:
My FUTURE is FEMALE.

Your FUTURE is FEMALE.

Their FUTURE is FEMALE.

Our FUTURE is FEMALE.

His FUTURE is FEMALE.

Her FUTURE is FEMALE.

The FUTURE is FEMALE.
is is true periods can cause hormonal imbalance which causes mood swings, abstract behaviours etc
Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by saajus: 2:05pm On Mar 02, 2021
A major acquisition like that should involve the Government.
Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by SmartPolician: 2:07pm On Mar 02, 2021
OOzz:

Thank you for mentioning that.

I thought I was the only person who noticed it.
Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by PHijo(m): 2:07pm On Mar 02, 2021
Olukat:
They are all evading Nigeria now but when this calamity will pass...
All will be fine again! I don't know why I keep counting days to 2023 shocked shocked

Just take advantage of the mess Buhari has created! Unless Nigeria is restructured and the ethnic nations have a change of heart, nothing stops a candidate worse than Buhari from getting into that office because all the groups in Nigeria are geared towards stealing Niger Delta oil money.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by SmartPolician: 2:09pm On Mar 02, 2021
OOzz:

Thank you for mentioning that.

I thought I was the only person who noticed it.

I think the traffic has overwhelmed the current bandwidth, so they need to increase the bandwidth because it's very fast when most Nigerians are sleeping (12am - 6am).

1 Like

Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by 16inchdick: 2:09pm On Mar 02, 2021
OOzz:

I thought it was even my MTN network
Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by Felabarmudia: 2:15pm On Mar 02, 2021
Triangles1:
Yes let Naija take over just like TSTV to take over.
Has tstv taken over?
Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by Triangles1(m): 2:18pm On Mar 02, 2021
Felabarmudia:

Has tstv taken over?

Just to get Premier league air right, that's all.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by samwillyco1(m): 2:20pm On Mar 02, 2021
grin cheesy grin grin
One guy said that he regretted the pledges he made to this country during his school days
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by phorget(m): 2:21pm On Mar 02, 2021
Buhari has refused to unite Nigeria, has also refused to break Nigeria so what exactly does Buhari want?
Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by jonnypie(m): 2:25pm On Mar 02, 2021
sapphiere:
My FUTURE is FEMALE.

Your FUTURE is FEMALE.

Their FUTURE is FEMALE.

Our FUTURE is FEMALE.

Wetin she done smoke again...?

His FUTURE is FEMALE.

Her FUTURE is FEMALE.

The FUTURE is FEMALE.
Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by Theboss100(m): 2:32pm On Mar 02, 2021
OOzz:
Pls check your phone. No insult intended. My is fast like mad from the beginning of this year till now. Maybe you are using GLO or any slow network in your area.

1 Like

Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by Munzy14(m): 2:33pm On Mar 02, 2021
Long over due, a lot of indigenous malls springing up Here there, so no doubt if they decided to pull out ..They have been milking the cow for years now... With little contribution to our economy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" by femifemi1(m): 2:34pm On Mar 02, 2021
ubaobi:
its always a bad economic sign when investors start running away from your country, no country develops without Foreign Direct Investment, its now clear that government policies are actually killing the economy.

When Nigeria boarder was closed and some square headed individuals were justifying the closure, I just shook my head.

How can a sane govt be closing boarder in this century?
Can you produce all you need?
Can you alone feed the population?
What are your plan in replacing the jobs that would be lost as a result of the boarder closure?

But....

Some group of self acclaimed rulers in wicked places will just wakeup and take policies, that would adversely affect millions of people.

Which companies in Nigeria are buoyant enough to absorb laid off workers? In the process, the govt is creating more kidnappers, armed robbers, beggers, fraudsters and ritualists.

Nigerians need to think deeper when voting leaders to sensitive positions, or else we go back to Egypt.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) / The Top Five Digital Marketing Agencies In Nigeria: An Unbiased List. / Obituary: Chief Udala Philip Ekwosi Burial Poster (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.