Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,433 members, 7,830,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Gej Offers A #100,000 Each To Participants At An Endorsement Ceremony - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej Offers A #100,000 Each To Participants At An Endorsement Ceremony (777 Views)

Top Politicians Woo Senators With $50,000 Each To Impeach Saraki - Daily Indept. / Doyin Okupe Mocks Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Buhari(pic) / Okupe Reacts To Obasanjo’s Endorsement Of Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gej Offers A #100,000 Each To Participants At An Endorsement Ceremony by Gbenge77(m): 2:08pm On Apr 11, 2011
I just read a report   that GEJ offered a  #100,000($750) each to participants at an endorsement ceremony for him.Sometime ago,when the SNG came visiting ,he also offered them"T FARE" which they declined.I think all these are acts of desperation on his part.And he needs to explain the source of these monies,if not from the treasury. www.saharareporters.com/news
Re: Gej Offers A #100,000 Each To Participants At An Endorsement Ceremony by lionness(f): 2:17pm On Apr 11, 2011
Desperate time calls for desperate measures. Even if they request to sleep with his ugly wife, im certain he wont hestitate all to win cool
Re: Gej Offers A #100,000 Each To Participants At An Endorsement Ceremony by babytoun: 2:23pm On Apr 11, 2011
@OP

Oju o tin yin. useless post.

Another lame attempt at curbing GEJ's soaring popularity accross the nation after NASS election.
Re: Gej Offers A #100,000 Each To Participants At An Endorsement Ceremony by agabaI23(m): 2:41pm On Apr 11, 2011
The blackmail continues. Unconfirmed stories.
We have seen how desperate he is by allowing JEGA a free hand something OBJ could never do and even Buhari could not allow free and fair election in his small party.
Re: Gej Offers A #100,000 Each To Participants At An Endorsement Ceremony by agabaI23(m): 2:46pm On Apr 11, 2011
Some comments from SH
I want Nigerians to take

Submitted by joe igbokwe (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 13:57.
I want Nigerians to take notice of what happened after the NASS elections on Saturday.The corrupt and desperate leadership of PDP either released the results favourable to ACN first so that when we go to celebrate they will go to other areas to steal our votes or they saw defeat and disgrace coming to them and simply decided to help themselves by running to other areas in Nigeria to steal their future.In IMO STATE materials were deliberately delayed till evening in most part of the STATE just to discourage people and cheat them.Voting lasted till night in IMO STATE in particular. INEC pls take notice.Listen to all complaints.

re NGO endorsement

Submitted by Akpala (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 13:36.
I have problems with the pattern of insults dole out to people as long as they have different opinion from that of ACN sponsored sahara reporters. we know that Tinubu paid your way out of Nigeria and also paid your hospital bills when you were attacked as an SUG President in Unilag. But be your own man sometime. Some of the persons you attacked in this piece are people well know to us for over 15years that could be referred to as stakeholders in our democracy as they were there during the pro-democracy struggle.Appreciate effort being made by these people to improve our political horizon rather than throw mud on their good name. Buhari can not be a GOOD PRESIDENT because it is not 1983 and we do not need another Obasanjo of I know it all.Ribadu was Obasanjo's harassing machine. That PDP is called a bad party was because General Obasanjo was bad. Respect other people's view

Thanks GEJ FOR THE FAIREST ELECTION IN HISTORY OF NIGERIA

Submitted by Dana lar (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 13:24.
Let's thank GEJ for providing us with the freest election ever in Nigeria's history. He has achieved a very big feat. In fact, this shows that Jonah at the helm can reform PDP and end corruption in Nigeria. Buhari's only message to convince us to make him president is that he was not caught in corrupt practices. In Nigeria only those who could not hide their loot are seen to be corrupt. Buhari openly pronounced that Abacha was not a corrupt man; translate: If Buhari believes Abacha was not corrupt, it means that Buhari must have stolen more than Abacha, hence compared to Buhari's loots, Abacha was not corrupt.
Buhari is green snake in green grass: now he is pretending not to have anything to do with Mohammed Abacha, but in the dark Buhari is planning for Mohammed Abacha to succeed him if both wins.

I am Mr. Jonathan's critic,

Submitted by Kingsley, MD (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 13:24.
I am Mr. Jonathan's critic, but he deserves credit for this election. Apart from appointing Jega, he allowed the security agents to be neutral. Obasanjo could not do that in the elections that he organized and Yaradua did worst in Ekiti. He deserves some praises. He has shown that he is not a tout. My problem with him is the kind of people that he soruonds himself with.

GEJ & endorsements!

Submitted by Aramide (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 13:05.
If GEJ is a popular candidate as his supporters would want us to believe, why is he running from pillar to post for endorsement of groups of hustlers; using "our" money for "transport fare" for them. I am afraid for 9aija, 'cos he might beat IBB's record of "settlement" if elected.

SR should give GEJ credit.

Submitted by Sly_domber (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 13:02.
SR should give GEJ credit. I'm not a supporter of the man, but I can honestly thank him for allowing Nigerians to vote FREE AND FAIR in one leg of a 3 stool election, thus far. Nigeria will change and if the next two elections follow suite, then GEJ, win or not, might be remembered as one of our greatest presidents or at-least a catalyst for that change.

Kudos Mr. President.

Sahara Reporters has lost her credibility. Why preach HATE

Submitted by RONS (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 13:02.
SR has completely missed it as regards true and unbiased journalism. Wetin GEJ do you? When was the last time you queued up for fuel at the filling station? When was the last time civil servants had a raise? When was the last time we saw developmental projects being executed in the manner its been done? New universities and refineries are being set up. Who says GEJ is not working? Let God be the Judge. As for SR, get your acts right or you'll be taken off the grid.

President Jonathan to Pick Up “NGO” Endorsement

Submitted by Muhammad NaIya (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 12:48.
With a "mere" $700 fair for each perticipant, may I humblt ask SaharaReporters to please let me know the venue and timing of the "next" endorsdement so that I MAY ALSO AUGMENT MY PENSION WITH THE "TRANPORT FARE?
Seriuosly why should ayone be offrerred any inducement if the endorsement is genuine? Remember the SNG furore "transport saga"?

"Transport Money" President.

Submitted by Wetin_B_Dis (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 12:40.
President "Transport Money, "

Is this the guy you want to manage our affairs for 4 more years? A guy that has overseen the depletion of our foreign reserve from $40 billion to $2 billion, and dropping, in the short time he's been President? Because fuel is now readily available? In an oil-producing country?

God forbid bad thing.

Make una wake up!

HOW UNIQUE

Submitted by Ego Williams (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 12:21.
The fact that Jega was appointed under Jonathan does not mean that this election is free and fair because of Jonathan. Jega took all the blame for things going wrong and should also take all the credit when things go right. After all the decision to use the open secret ballot system is not GEJs', is it?
Lets give honour to who deserves it, a president who constantly doles out money is not in any way unique,LET'S CALL A SPADE A SPADE SHIKENA

Abuch-Nazi you never knew

Submitted by Igodo (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 12:20.
Abuch-Nazi you never knew anything to start with, we are still waiting for your reply or are you still sruggling with long hand. How could an slowpoke do things otherwise.
You think to be a man is to hide behind a silver tube(computer) for your benefit (dumb head) and spew garbage and threatened the President and Commander-In -Chief of Nigerian Armed Forces.
You must be that little bird Chinua Acbebe mentioned, who after a heavy meal forget itself and challege its god to a contest. The fault is not yours but your tappered behind.

SHUT UP UR TRAPS

Submitted by Biafran WarLord (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 12:19.
Shut ur mouth up Aja if you don't know what to say; who promised Nigerians credible election? Who appointed Jega? Who made sure Jega had all the money he requested? Even when the earlier election was postponed who assuaged Nigerians? Who provided the level playing ground? Has it been mentioned that GEJ tried in any way to influence Jega. Give him the credit he deserves. Jonathan could have easily retained Iwu or chosen any weakling that would have answered to his whims and caprices but he chose not to. Did you listen to CNN this morning about Nigeria image improving globally. We don't need noise makers but silent achievers. (read 31 reasons Buhari does not deserve ur vote)

Shut ur mouth up Aja if you

Submitted by Biafran WarLord (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 12:15.
Shut ur mouth up Aja if you don't know what to say; who promised Nigerians credible election? Who appointed Jega? Who made sure Jega had all the money he requested? Even when the earlier election was postponed who assuaged Nigerians? Who provided the level playing ground? Has it been mentioned that GEJ tried in any way to influence Jega. Give him the credit he deserves. Jonathan could have easily retained Iwu or chosen any weakling that would have answered to his whims and caprices but he chose not to. Did you listen to CNN this morning about Nigeria image improving globally. We don't need noise makers but silent achievers. (read 31 reasons Buhari does not deserve ur vote)

MR OSE WHERE DID YOU GOT THE

Submitted by solomon akanbi (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 12:12.
MR OSE WHERE DID YOU GOT THE INFORMATION THAT GEJ HAD MEETING WITH TINUBU GET YOUR FACTS AND STOP MISLEADING PEOPLE. NONSENSE

Abuch-Nazi, I want you to

Submitted by Igodo (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 12:04.
Abuch-Nazi, I want you to reply immediately, why waste time, you really stuck in time past writing with long hand.

sahara reporters has shown an

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 11:52.
sahara reporters has shown an obvious bias to ACN for many months now. a sitting president who did not use his might to disrupt elections in favour of his party must be commended and not constantly attacked. GO TO HELL MR EDITOR! P.S I do not support any party

Jonathan, show them

Submitted by Ibeagwu (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 11:50.
Jonathan, our Jonathan, go, go, show them. They all underrate you, which is fine.

Let's Pray for GEJ, lets Pray for Nigeria

Submitted by Esuku Horitz (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 11:48.
Events going on currently is very fearsome, i honestly fear for GEJ not because the PDP is losing, but for the fact that this is a man that honestly gave himself up for the service of this great country. Now His party is losing because of the sins committed by of His fore-fathers in the PDP. Please lets pray for Him, support him and also pray for unity of Nigeria

GEJ

Submitted by Okiman (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 11:45.
SR, I beg wetin GEJ do una? ACN won all the seats in Lagos. This is considered free and fair, no rigging. If its PDP that won landslide like that, it would have been deemed as rigging. Its time for us to call a spade a spade and understand that the parties are all fingers of one leprous hand. Even among the people winning outside PDP, many of them were in the PDP before.

As for GEJ for once he stood his ground not minding if his party will lose and a much better election than we have ever had has been held. Lets give him credit.

It appears SR is now the wise medium but remember, The Bible says, God will use the foolish things of this world to confound the wise.

Credibility is not just for politicians but also for news media. So please remove the speck in your eyes!

ACN is a Yoruba Party and is

Submitted by Igodo (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 11:42.
ACN is a Yoruba Party and is sectional and PDP is broad base party and never sectional, therefore PDP is till the party to beat and is going to win. This election has proved once again that ACN is tribal Yoruba party consigned only to the South-west. It is impossible for such a sectional Party to produce a President for Nigeria, despite the rascality of ACN and its thugs, it would never happen now or ever unless the Yorubas spurn tribalism ,but a leoprad cannot change its spot.

President is in the midst of

Submitted by bitter truth (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 11:28.
President is in the midst of evil men that took this contry into custody, he can't realy make many progressive change in moving nigeria forword under PDP,they're garrison Of evil men and all they care for is their status quo not real wellfare of nigerians,they openly stole people mandate in three elections ruling nigeria by force,in my view another four years for PDP in aso rock will be final unslaught on already battered economy of nigeria,we must put sentiments apart from real capacity to deliver nigeria from her present predicaments compounded PDP.

Though I won't vote for

Submitted by Chika (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 11:24.
Though I won't vote for Jonathan, I commend him for allowing a fairly free and fair election. We must give credit where it is due

WELLDONE GEJ Contd.

Submitted by Gam (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 11:06.
But please cancel the robbery that took place in Akwa Ibom in the name of election. You said loud and clear when you visited that state that you do not want the blood of any Nigerian to become President; and yet the government that be in Akwa Ibom has been shedding the blood of innocent Akwa Ibomites to remain in power: the blood of those people is crying for vengence before the throne of God who alone gives power to whomsoever He wills. The people are now saying no to these blood drinkers. It is recommended that special day be fixed for all the elections except Presidency in Akwa Ibom where Prof. Jega will be on ground with his commissioners particularly Mike Igini and conduct free and fair election in the state. Aluta Continua. God bless GEJ; God bless Nigeria.

WELLDONE GEJ: YOU HAVE MADE US PROUD

Submitted by Gam (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 11:04.
GEJ is the man of the masses: he has delivered on his promise of free, fair and credible election. Welldone our amiable President. Do not mind those who have been bribed by opposition to say all manner of things: you have indeed demonstrated leadership which had eluded us as a nation for decades. We have refreshing air now. Please ride on to the Presidency come Saturday: your work, sincerity and humility has won you a place in our heart.

SAHARA STOP THIS NONSENSE!!!

Submitted by Alxx (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 11:02.
Sahara Reporters,

Your credibility is gradually being eroded by the abuse of the privileged platform of the electronic media.

Stop this nonsense and stick to objective reporting!

give him a try

Submitted by nexos.hiils (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 11:01.
yes vote Goodluck .its time we stop politicking n focus to a greater nigeria.

Lets Support Jonathan for Presidency

Submitted by SOAE (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 10:59.
Fellow Nierians, GEJ has done very well by chosing a radical like Jega to take charge of INEC inspite of the attack he received from the PDP members.
Now he has proved not to be a do-or-die President. My wish is that he wins the next election for two reasons:
1. We do not need "MEND reincarnate",for once lets the minority have sence of belonging to Nigeria; this will ensure sucess in the Power Sector for signifiacant road map has been established.
2.Any new CPC, ACN will want to start afresh. In Nigeria we do not give credit to opposition if he has done very well. We are used to throwing away the bathwater and the baby. This will be retrogression!!!!

I am a lover of good governance.

Finnaly I hope the new set of NASS will bring hope as its clear PDP will not make the 2/3 of NASS,let the parties ensure that thier member hold firm to the principle of seperation of powers.

SOAE,ABK

A wise counsel

Submitted by Chudy (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 10:58.
@Anonymous that responded to John Ojeah.
Thank you for your rain of insults on the Igbos. I quite agree with you that you've sealed your mind with ethnic extremism. I wonder why you have to abuse a compatriot for sharing his personal views on issue that affects our general welfare. You still went ahead to rain the abuses on all Igbos. Why did you choose to hide your identity if you are proud of your tribe? You dont have to be the piper at same time, the dancer. Though I dont wish to join issues with you, I still believe you should have trailed the path of wisdom by making your own opinion known to us in every simple manner you could. Pls learn to guard your words. God values them. Thank you!

BAKARE USED BY BUHARI TO HOODWINK THE S/West: BUHARI CPC FAILED

Submitted by Arise Nigeria, No to Buhari (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 10:55.
Buhari tried to play smart on the people of the southwest by using Tunde Bakare. It did not work in the last assembly elections. It may never work during the presidential election. Buhari's CPC hardly won seats as expected in the last assembly elections. The CPC is another Tea Party that reigns only in the minds of its conveners. Buhari led Nigeria as a coup d'etat. He does not deserves to be elected president. Doing so is destroying Nigerian army whose soldiers must always be scheeming to topple civilian governments, afterall we paid Buhari. God Forbid.
Buhari at 70 is a very weak man. He ran away from his earlier political parties because of inceasant quarrels with party members. We expect Buhari to also quarrel with Bakare any time from now.

re

Submitted by Egwolor (not verified) on April 11, 2011 - 10:54.
To the unknown author of the reply to John ojeah
Gej is not from warri but from bayelsa state so u Bb

U can not say he is waffi.if he was from
Warri then Nigeria would have felt it by now
Re: Gej Offers A #100,000 Each To Participants At An Endorsement Ceremony by KokoBeware: 2:54pm On Apr 11, 2011
Sahara Reporters again, dnt they ever give up, SMH
Re: Gej Offers A #100,000 Each To Participants At An Endorsement Ceremony by Asobank: 4:01pm On Apr 11, 2011
I don't seem to get this. why are people so bent on destroying the person of President Goodluck. It's so barbaric and uncalled for. It is so clear that these claims are false. Nigeria are smart people. we believe in results and GEJ to a great extent has shown that he deserves our votes. Vote GEJ for CHANGE!
Re: Gej Offers A #100,000 Each To Participants At An Endorsement Ceremony by Rorhymes(m): 4:08pm On Apr 11, 2011
It s really dissapointing and sad to note that the press which should be the most fact objective and fact inclined, have allowed themselves to drop so low.

Shame on you saharareporters for even publishing such a story.

Are we to even believe this? Smh.
Re: Gej Offers A #100,000 Each To Participants At An Endorsement Ceremony by Gbenge77(m): 4:32pm On Apr 11, 2011
Rorhymes:

It s really dissapointing and sad to note that the press which should be the most fact objective and fact inclined, have allowed themselves to drop so low.

Shame on you saharareporters for even publishing such a story.

Are we to even believe this? Smh.
are you aware he offered $7,500 to the SNG labelling it Transport fare?So,this has a precedent.
Re: Gej Offers A #100,000 Each To Participants At An Endorsement Ceremony by werepeLeri: 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2011
Who the hell reads SaharaReporters or those junks out there?
Re: Gej Offers A #100,000 Each To Participants At An Endorsement Ceremony by squirell5: 9:23pm On Apr 11, 2011
Bad market for them that want to so desperately ruin the person of GEJ. when he assumed power 8months ago nothing was in place for this elections & see how thus far we have come from Jega's appointment to him being given full control over INEC. Those fueling this rubbish are just fools leading fools on a foolhardy mission.
Re: Gej Offers A #100,000 Each To Participants At An Endorsement Ceremony by willdave: 1:29pm On Apr 13, 2011
First of all saharareporter is a very useless publishing house that really don’t know what they are up to. They are now known for false news to blackmail. How did they even firm such news and had the gods to even upload it. I strongly believe that saharareporters will not least since this how they have decided to make there money.
Re: Gej Offers A #100,000 Each To Participants At An Endorsement Ceremony by cjfavour(m): 2:18pm On Apr 13, 2011
If GEJ is popular and have d goodwill,why is he bribing everybody?Joirnalists and editors now these set of ppl.Where did he get all these money because d last time i checked he was a lecturer b4 he joined politics.
who can convince me dt d money is nt frm our treasury?hmm!!!
Pls which election is free and fair? Have u heard of what happened in,benue?votes cast greater than d voters. Delta,abia,bayelsa,nassarawa,ebonyi,kogi,kwara,akwa ibom.what of imo where d returning officer is d husband to d deputy governor to b under ohakim? Is dt nt funny?credible election my foot.
Though JEGA should nt b blamed bt the RECS and reurning officers.

(1) (Reply)

Inec Orders Rerun In Anambra Central / no game / Return Of Schools To Owners: Ogun Christian Leaders Warn Amosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.