Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,553 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Still On The Food Blockade And Related Matters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Still On The Food Blockade And Related Matters (231 Views)

South-East Governors, Alaba Market Traders And Related Matters / Food Blockade: I Have Spoken To Igboho, Buhari Is Next – Yahaya Bello / DSS Invites Cattle Dealers Over Food Blockade Of South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Still On The Food Blockade And Related Matters by AfricaUnited: 5:24pm On Mar 02, 2021
As seen on Facebook

Still on the food blockade and related matters

As long as cassava, plantain, rice, fish, salt, chicken, egg, palm oil, leafy vegetables, and fruits (oranges, pear, coconuts, banana etc) are not the North's exclusives, the South should be okay in the short and medium term. Anybody can become a farmer any day to grow tomato, onion, pepper, and beans, and to raise cattle. There is no rocket science in any of these. The North does not have what it takes to blackmail anyone.

Same logic goes for other groups:

My Igbo people cannot blackmail anyone else with motor spare parts business. Anybody can become a spare parts dealer any day.

The Yoruba cannot blackmail anyone with anything. There is nothing they have that others don't have.

The South South (mainly Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom) can flex with their oil for now (although there is some in SE and SW). But soon, very soon, oil will be toast globally, and something else will take over.

Whatever is coming to takeover from oil will depend on a large part on sound human resources. At the point that human intellectual capacity fully holds sway, only two regions (SE and SW) would be ready from the get-go to harness what they have been creating all these years. Others, particularly the NW and NE, would have to play catch up on that front.

I love Nigeria. I would prefer a single country for all of us. However, it is either the country restructures and the nepotism and inequality stop, or people go their separate ways and form as many countries as possible. Many European countries are not as large as the individual regions in Nigeria, both in terms of land mass and population. Every region will be okay if they chart their own course as they deem fit. This is 2021, not the 1960s.
Re: Still On The Food Blockade And Related Matters by CodeTemplar: 6:14pm On Mar 02, 2021
People should go to YouTube and Udemy to learn the latest in farming techniques and let's forget these stúpid northward folks. They blocked the borders, squeeze the forex pipe and now want to flex some imaginary muscles.

As long as I pay for it, it can come from anywhere. Tomatoes, onions, pineapple, rice and poultry supply can come from Benin Republic, milk can come from Holland, vegetable oil from China. It is the same money I pay the bloody jihadists with that I will pay the foreigners with, but they adjusted the forex rate just around the time of the blockage to frustrate all of that.
Re: Still On The Food Blockade And Related Matters by FSU: 6:57pm On Mar 02, 2021
The food blackmail won't work. Except under severe emergency such as war the buyer is always the king over the seller when it comes to trading.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria And Her Self Inflicted Wounds / Nigerian Politicians Have No Conscience — Ben Ayade / Find Out Why There Should Be No Form Of Criminality In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.