Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,859 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

The Truth About Carryovers (verified) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Truth About Carryovers (verified) (2037 Views)

Medical Students Jubilate As They See Their Final Result With No Carryovers Vide / 4 Carryovers Out Of 6 Course He Offered!!! Jizzz... Read On Friends / 5 Ways You Can Avoid Carryovers As A Fresh Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Carryovers (verified) by KimVenom(m): 8:28pm On Mar 02, 2021
Good DAY GUYS!!!

I saw some stuffs concerning carryovers:
E.g they will divide your points according to how many times you rewrite the course, some said the point is lost and you just need to pass it.

BUT

Today I was opportuned to speak with my course advicer and I asked him about this same stuff and he said all your scores will be recorded accordingly e.g if you pass the course your points will be added to your c.g.p.a/g.p.a there is no deduction, the issue is just the workload.

So to all you with carryovers wish you success and moreover is another chance for you to prove your worth, so don't be scared or anything.

Don't let people make you commit suicide ooo (LOLzzzzz)

The Lord is your strength.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Carryovers (verified) by chatinent: 8:42pm On Mar 02, 2021
KimVenom:
Good DAY GUYS!!!

E.g they will divide your points according to how many times you rewrite the course, some said the point is lost and you just need to pass it.

BUT

Today I was opportuned to speak with my course advicer and I asked him about this same stuff and he said all your scores will be recorded accordingly e.g if you pass the course you your points will be added to your c.g.p.a/g.p.a there is no deduction the issue is just the workload.

So to all you with carryovers wish you success and moreover is another chance for you to prove your worth, so don't be scared or anything.

Re: The Truth About Carryovers (verified) by ChangedMan1999(m): 1:27am On Mar 03, 2021
KimVenom:
Good DAY GUYS!!!

BUT

Today I was opportuned to speak with my course advicer and I asked him about this same stuff and he said all your scores will be recorded accordingly e.g if you pass the course you your points will be added to your c.g.p.a/g.p.a there is no deduction the issue is just the workload.

We need more people like you in this forum.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About Carryovers (verified) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:31am On Mar 03, 2021
Carry overs is not the end of your life guys.
Dust your self and move on.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Truth About Carryovers (verified) by KimVenom(m): 6:14am On Mar 03, 2021
ChangedMan1999:

We need more people like you in this forum.

Thanks mate!!!

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Carryovers (verified) by paulolee(m): 6:44am On Mar 03, 2021
also heard about the dividing of dt failed course if rewrite it...thanks 4 dis new info even if am not sure its d same in all schools..
got my first carryover after first semester exams in year1 and dt was my first n last, I realized dt I needed it to stay serious all through my school duration n I learnt my lesson..
got an F simply bcox i missed maths test after allowing glory to come spend d nite in my crib d previous day, d bea grind me all night n na she even wake my by 10 asking if m no longer going for maths test dts was scheduled by 8am..I just weak

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Carryovers (verified) by femi4: 6:44am On Mar 03, 2021
Thread for carryoverers
Re: The Truth About Carryovers (verified) by Twelfthman: 7:17am On Mar 03, 2021
femi4:
Thread for carryoverers

Yes I once had carryovers, all of which pass in my finals. Carryover no be for animals nah for humans. Learn your lessons, work hard and pass. There is no shame about it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Carryovers (verified) by femi4: 7:18am On Mar 03, 2021
Twelfthman:

Yes I once have carry overs all of which pass in my finals. Carryover no be for animals nah for humans. Learn your lessons, work hard and pass. There is no shame about it
It's for humans that chose that path

The system made it easy enough by providing grade A to E yet you chose F
Re: The Truth About Carryovers (verified) by Twelfthman: 7:24am On Mar 03, 2021
So people choose F? Lol.
Well i am not going back and forth with you on this. This would be my last reply.

femi4:
It's for humans that chose that path

The system made it easy enough by providing grade A to E yet you chose F
Re: The Truth About Carryovers (verified) by femi4: 7:41am On Mar 03, 2021
Twelfthman:
So people choose F? Lol.
Well i am not going back and forth with you on this. This would be my last reply.

Yes they did, our actions or in actions have consequences

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Carryovers (verified) by edoairways: 8:27am On Mar 03, 2021
KimVenom Mr man your assertion is not true. You should have state your school before generalizing
Re: The Truth About Carryovers (verified) by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 03, 2021
at all at all avoid carry over 
 the workload attach is muchâš«
Re: The Truth About Carryovers (verified) by Amedino99(m): 9:44am On Mar 03, 2021
femi4:
Yes they did, our actions or in actions have consequences
it seems you are under the illusion that all carryovers are as a result of the student. you have not seen a situation whereby a student that failed a course went to check his result on the department's spreadsheet and found out that he passed but was advised by the lecturer to just redo the course because the stress to change the result from the portal is long and frustrating.
Re: The Truth About Carryovers (verified) by KingAzubuike(f): 10:36am On Mar 03, 2021
KimVenom:
Good DAY GUYS!!!

BUT

Today I was opportuned to speak with my course advicer and I asked him about this same stuff and he said all your scores will be recorded accordingly e.g if you pass the course your points will be added to your c.g.p.a/g.p.a there is no deduction, the issue is just the workload.

Don't be deceived, it's solely depends on the school and what their senate approves. In some schools, you get zero points on your carryovers even if it's an "A". In some schools, they divide whatever point you get by 2 while some schools will give you full points. So when you talk, talk to your colleagues alone, don't generalize your statement. Before you come here and argue, I was a former lecturer in a state university
Re: The Truth About Carryovers (verified) by Fragility6: 12:11pm On Mar 03, 2021
I no know much about CO's but i know say asfar as na human being design d system then flaws must dey. Sadly in this part of the world thinking na job to some pple
Re: The Truth About Carryovers (verified) by Owologbo(m): 12:57pm On Mar 03, 2021
KimVenom:

Thanks mate!!!
I think there's kind of division of you do extra year.
Re: The Truth About Carryovers (verified) by tegadave(m): 2:00pm On Mar 03, 2021
Thanks for this man, you just gave me more confidence and hope,we need more of this.. God bless

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Carryovers (verified) by ReignDigitals(m): 3:05pm On Mar 03, 2021
Carryovers can chase nightmare
Re: The Truth About Carryovers (verified) by DesChyko: 6:27pm On Mar 03, 2021
KimVenom:
Good DAY GUYS!!!

E.g they will divide your points according to how many times you rewrite the course, .

This is inaccurate. And your generalization is inadequate as well.
For the year (and every other year) that course was failed, you'ld get zero which pulls down your GPA. Which means your score when you eventually pass will be to compensate for other time(s) it was failed. Even if an A is gotten, it doesn't eliminate the effect of the 0 scored earlier.

(1) (Reply)

Neco Time Table / Kegites: Come Lets Gyrate / Uniben Admision Pending Status Students Beware Of This! New Trick.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.