Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante (9493 Views)

South-West PDP Party Chairmen To Makinde: Who Cares If You Join APC? / APC Chairmen To Buhari: Some Govs Don’t Mean Well For You / Governor Akeredolu Orders Arrest Of Fulani Vigilante In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by Doraty1(f): 8:49pm On Mar 02, 2021
Set up local vigilantes to tackle insecurity, Akeredolu tells council chairmen in Ondo

…Amotekun is key to security in the State

In a bid to tackle insecurity and rid Ondo state of criminal elements, Governor Rotimi Akeredolu has asked council chairmen across the state to set up local vigilante.

Akeredolu gave the directive during a meeting with the 18 council chairmen in the state.

He said that the issue of insecurity should be tackled holistically hence the need for the council chairmen to be involved.

The Governor assured the people of the state that his administration would ensure that criminal minded elements in the state would be rooted out.

The Governor urged the council chairmen to engage local hunters who can work effectively with the state security network codenamed “Amotekun”.

He assured that, at least, two vehicles will be provided for the Amotekun Corps in each of 18 local government areas across the state, as operational vehicles to aid their fight against criminality.

Akeredolu noted that the Amotekun corps is key to the effective security of lives and properties of the people of the state, urging the local government chairmen to work with the Amotekun corps.

The Governor has approved a regularly monthly meeting with the Chairmen as a way or engaging the representatives of the people at the grassroots level.

Speaking on the issue of the party in the state, Akeredolu reiterated that party supremacy must be adhere strictly to, adding to lack of respect for party supremacy is an invitation to anarchy.

”The election and your emergence both as candidates of the party and elected chairmen are well deserved.

“We must respect the party’s decision. The party’s arrangements on fielding you as candidates for the local government election was based on party supremacy. If you don’t respect it you are inviting anarchy.”

He appreciated the council boss for rejoicing with him on his victory at the poll and his inauguration for a second term in office, stressing that the victory was for all members of the party.

Earlier, the state chairman of the Association of Local Government of Nigeria (ALGON) Hon. Augustine Oloruntogbe lauded the governor for conducting local government election in the state in fulfillment of his electioneering campaign.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/set-up-local-vigilantes-to-tackle-insecurity-akeredolu-tells-council-chairmen-in-ondo/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

21 Likes

Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by PrinceOfLagos: 8:50pm On Mar 02, 2021
Still won't stop the business of skull mining .

I respect Oluwo of Iwo for speaking up against ritual killings in south west , my region.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by EndureLife: 8:51pm On Mar 02, 2021
Good

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by Monogamy: 8:54pm On Mar 02, 2021
Better..

It's very important for our farmers to be protected during this period...

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by Monogamy: 8:55pm On Mar 02, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

I respect Oluwo of Iwo for speaking up against ritual killings in south west , my region.

It's only inferiority complex that would make someone not to be proud of his lineage

Chinedu, be proud of your region for once

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by Nobody: 9:02pm On Mar 02, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

We reject you and dash you to fulani, I'm sure igbos are feeling ashamed of your comment, 5k you dey collect from atiku Don block your brain

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by anurd1991: 9:06pm On Mar 02, 2021
This is what I have been clamouring for. This is one of the way to curb insecurity in Nigeria.

Nice one Aketi��

Doraty1:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/set-up-local-vigilantes-to-tackle-insecurity-akeredolu-tells-council-chairmen-in-ondo/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by Optional09: 9:10pm On Mar 02, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Has your father scull been mined, bastard criminals

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by sweetonugbu: 9:10pm On Mar 02, 2021
Good

1 Like

Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by Iegendhero: 9:11pm On Mar 02, 2021
God bless you Akeredolu.

We need to test this constitution and find legal loophole to make sure our local government can function and set up local government policing system.

Local government should handle their respective securities and the state government should find a way to come in to help and make sure Amotekun structure is modified to this new realities.

Other SW governors should key into this and make it work as soon as possible.

This country must restructure by fire by force or break up. Instead of waiting on the FG for restructuring, state government should test the constitution and create frameworks that can effect some structural changes or less we will wait till eternity if we believe the Hausa/Fulanis will come on the table for this.

30 Likes

Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by butterfly777(m): 9:11pm On Mar 02, 2021
I like this guy's proactive approach to this herdsmen issue. Other governors should learn from him.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by AmbaliJ: 9:11pm On Mar 02, 2021
Seyi Makinde, see your mate? He is even an APC governor o, not opposition PDP like you. Wetin be your excuse for being incompetent? Smh.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by highdon(m): 9:11pm On Mar 02, 2021
Nigerian matter don tire me, how can a policeman lap a criminal to station inside Keke.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by blinking001(m): 9:12pm On Mar 02, 2021
Nigeria is for us all...this is not necessary at all....the governor should be careful...
Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:12pm On Mar 02, 2021
Anything it takes for peace to reign in your domain.

Here is a governor that supports all security outfit from his us state, while all Eastern governors, ALL ALL ALL (repeat for emphasis) eastern governors are vehemently in denial of the terrorist organization ipob ESN, cos they know they are nothing but another terrorist group, not different from Boko Haram.

7 Up!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:12pm On Mar 02, 2021
And here is what all Eastern Governors, all reasonable and sensible people from the Eastern part of Nigeria are saying about about FG proscribed ipob terrorist organization killing policemen and burning down police stations all over the country.

The difference is definitely clear.
And the support is unflinching.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by AmbaliJ: 9:12pm On Mar 02, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

You this ibo boy, you no dey tire to dey yarn opata? Village people don replace your brain with sawdust. Smh.

14 Likes

Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by Jac007(m): 9:12pm On Mar 02, 2021
Tackle insecurity and you'll be able to focus on infrastructural development in the state. Akeredolu is kinda fearless and is bent on flushing out unscrupulous elements in his state. Other southwest governors should follow his footsteps and ensure safety of lives and properties.

I could remember those days when the only scary things in the bush are wild animals, the narrative is no longer same as "human wild animals" would not let one have peace on your own farm.

All traps we set for wild animals will be taken away by this useless fulanis and they'll still destroy the farm. I'm just tired of everything jare. I'm considering snail farming at home as going to the main farms is no longer safe.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by GloShare(m): 9:13pm On Mar 02, 2021
Who will pay their salaries?
Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by Bampeh: 9:13pm On Mar 02, 2021
This remind me of OPC and Bakassi Boys. Those days were bloody.

Bampeh support good security system
Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by tutudesz: 9:13pm On Mar 02, 2021
Finally state police is happening small small

Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by GeneralPula: 9:13pm On Mar 02, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Igbo boy formin Yoruba..

Naso una land don spoil reach..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by Jackson105: 9:13pm On Mar 02, 2021
God bless Akeredolu.

May thunder fire that useless monkey governing Oyo state, may fire strike those that intend to vote for him for second time.

2 Likes

Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 9:14pm On Mar 02, 2021
Shu
Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by Kingrefreshed: 9:14pm On Mar 02, 2021
Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by Blackstone01(m): 9:15pm On Mar 02, 2021
Good...
Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by BSdetector: 9:17pm On Mar 02, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Omo igbo fvck off....buhari us bombing your brothers at orlu

8 Likes

Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by chibuike65: 9:17pm On Mar 02, 2021
Ndi hypocrite
Re: Ondo: Rotimi Akeredolu Orders LGA Chairmen To Set Up Local Vigilante by Drsnives(m): 9:19pm On Mar 02, 2021
grin
highdon:
Nigerian matter don tire me, how can a policeman lap a criminal to station inside Keke.

How e take concern the post na?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NLC Gives FG, Ogun 21 Days To Fix Lagos–Abeokuta Highway / Buhari Assumes Presidency Of The Pan-African Great Green Wall / Prolonged Seplat/Exxonmobil Deal Is Costing Nigeria 480,000 BPD - Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.