Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

President Of Igbo Extraction Possible In 2023 – Prof. Ibe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Of Igbo Extraction Possible In 2023 – Prof. Ibe (626 Views)

Kalu: I’m Not Sure Nigerians Are Ready For President Of Igbo Extraction (Video) / Labor Party Backup Team Are All Igbo Extraction And Christian Aside 4 States-pho / Soludo Will Be President Of Igbo Extraction Not Peter Obi, Says Arthur Eze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Of Igbo Extraction Possible In 2023 – Prof. Ibe by Metrix147: 9:41am On Mar 03, 2021
The Chancellor of Gregory University, a privately owned University, in Uturu, Isuikwuato LGA of Abia State, Professor Gregory Iyke Ibe has said that having a Nigerian president of South East extraction is very achievable in 2023, if only the South Easterners will be able to put their houses in order and work from one front.
Ibe spoke on various political and social issues that concern the wellbeing of the South East Zone among others.

Nigerian President of South East Extraction seems to be the latest issue in Nigerian political front burner. Do you think this project is achievable?

It is achievable if only the Igbo can put their house in order. I, as a South Easterner have been making various efforts to achieve that goal both in Abuja and other parts of the country for my people to be given support by non-South Easterners and non- Igbo people. I started the move in March 2019; nobody then was talking about Igbo presidency, but I spent my personal money and time to see to it that we would get support in getting a Nigerian president of South East extraction. It was after March that people started talking about it. The challenge we have now is that the rate of disunity and distrust among Igbo brethren is very high. The Igbo as a tribe and South Easterners as a people have all what it takes to lead the country to greater heights, but my fear is whether we as brothers can come together and work from a common front. Past experiences taught us that some of our brethren would know that they don’t have what it takes to be Nigerian President, yet they would come into the contest, just to create problem for those who are qualified to be in the race.

But looking at the number of states in the South-East Zone, we don’t have the same number like other zones, don’t you think that this can affect our chances?

If we do the right lobbying, nothing is impossible. Politics is about people and relationships. If we put our house in order and do the right lobbying, we are as good as being at the presidency. It is about trust; you cannot give power to somebody you did not trust, there has to be trusted, before people can give you support.

I talked about South East not having the same number of states like other zones, don’t you think that it would have been an added advantage?

I personally campaigned for that, to make South East Zone six states to be at par with others, so that it will have the same number with other zones, but some selfish Igbo leaders, out of personal interests, aborted the plan. I secured an appointment with President Buhari for an additional state and he granted it. I reported this development to Imeobi, Ohanaeze, they didn’t believe me. Nonetheless, when a delegation was set up to meet Buhari over the issue, I was sidetracked, I was not included in that delegation. Whatever made them to behave that way is still surprising to me. I am sure that some of them would have said this small boy, how can we ride behind him for this venture, but they forgot that it was that small boy that secured the appointment.

Many agitations are arising from different quarters as to why the South East is not included in the plan for the recent railway master plan that traversed the entire country. What is your reaction to that?

On that issue of non-inclusion of the South East in the master plan of the railway line, the governors of South East are to blame. They were not assertive in their request for the inclusion of the South East zone in the railway master plan. I am a World Bank consultant on transportation, the initial design for the rail line project crisscrossed the length and breadth of the South East. This thing has remained a burning issue in the minds of citizens of the zone because of its of great economic importance to the people of South East, and it has caused anxiety as to whether the zone has been abandoned in this all-important project. But that project may have been abandoned by those who are executing it for reasons I may not be in a position to give now. However, there is an assurance that work on the existing old Port Harcourt-Enugu-Maiduguri rail line will begin soon. The reason why I mentioned that the governors of the South East should be blamed is that despite the fact that they were briefed on what to do to get the zone included in the Chinese loan for the building of rail lines across the federation, they failed to do anything to get the zone included in the loan. Then, they were told to have a meeting with the President, requesting to be included in the loan that would be obtained for that purpose, but they didn’t go for that meeting. That explained the reason why South East was not included in the planned project. However, there are still plans for the rehabilitation of the existing rail line that runs from Port Harcourt to Maiduguri, passing many cities in the Igbo land, it is still on and will soon commence.

We were meant to understand that it was former President Obasanjo’s administration that designed that rail line project, at what point did things go wrong?

The administration of former president Olusegun Obasanjo actually designed the rail line, in such a way that it covered all parts of Nigeria, and if they had done anything different when he was in power, he would have asked them to go back to the drawing board and ensure that every part is included, but how it turned out otherwise is not known to me. It may have been as a result of the governors’ refusal to attend the meeting for the Chinese loan that would be used to execute the project. If you truly know Obasanjo, he is a patriotic leader who takes decisions that are reflective of Nigeria, irrespective of whose ox is gored, but a lot of people misunderstand him.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/03/president-of-igbo-extraction-possible-in-2023-prof-ibe/

Cc; Dominique, lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J, Ishilove, Marpol, Semid4lyfe, Obinoscopy

Re: President Of Igbo Extraction Possible In 2023 – Prof. Ibe by Monogamy: 9:42am On Mar 03, 2021
No be lie but under which political party?
Re: President Of Igbo Extraction Possible In 2023 – Prof. Ibe by Simplyleo: 9:46am On Mar 03, 2021
[s]
Metrix147:
The Chancellor of Gregory University, a privately owned University, in Uturu, Isuikwuato LGA of Abia State, Professor Gregory Iyke Ibe has said that having a Nigerian president of South East extraction is very achievable in 2023, if only the South Easterners will be able to put their houses in order and work from one front.
Ibe spoke on various political and social issues that concern the wellbeing of the South East Zone among others.

Nigerian President of South East Extraction seems to be the latest issue in Nigerian political front burner. Do you think this project is achievable?

It is achievable if only the Igbo can put their house in order. I, as a South Easterner have been making various efforts to achieve that goal both in Abuja and other parts of the country for my people to be given support by non-South Easterners and non- Igbo people. I started the move in March 2019; nobody then was talking about Igbo presidency, but I spent my personal money and time to see to it that we would get support in getting a Nigerian president of South East extraction. It was after March that people started talking about it. The challenge we have now is that the rate of disunity and distrust among Igbo brethren is very high. The Igbo as a tribe and South Easterners as a people have all what it takes to lead the country to greater heights, but my fear is whether we as brothers can come together and work from a common front. Past experiences taught us that some of our brethren would know that they don’t have what it takes to be Nigerian President, yet they would come into the contest, just to create problem for those who are qualified to be in the race.

But looking at the number of states in the South-East Zone, we don’t have the same number like other zones, don’t you think that this can affect our chances?

If we do the right lobbying, nothing is impossible. Politics is about people and relationships. If we put our house in order and do the right lobbying, we are as good as being at the presidency. It is about trust; you cannot give power to somebody you did not trust, there has to be trusted, before people can give you support.

I talked about South East not having the same number of states like other zones, don’t you think that it would have been an added advantage?

I personally campaigned for that, to make South East Zone six states to be at par with others, so that it will have the same number with other zones, but some selfish Igbo leaders, out of personal interests, aborted the plan. I secured an appointment with President Buhari for an additional state and he granted it. I reported this development to Imeobi, Ohanaeze, they didn’t believe me. Nonetheless, when a delegation was set up to meet Buhari over the issue, I was sidetracked, I was not included in that delegation. Whatever made them to behave that way is still surprising to me. I am sure that some of them would have said this small boy, how can we ride behind him for this venture, but they forgot that it was that small boy that secured the appointment.

Many agitations are arising from different quarters as to why the South East is not included in the plan for the recent railway master plan that traversed the entire country. What is your reaction to that?

On that issue of non-inclusion of the South East in the master plan of the railway line, the governors of South East are to blame. They were not assertive in their request for the inclusion of the South East zone in the railway master plan. I am a World Bank consultant on transportation, the initial design for the rail line project crisscrossed the length and breadth of the South East. This thing has remained a burning issue in the minds of citizens of the zone because of its of great economic importance to the people of South East, and it has caused anxiety as to whether the zone has been abandoned in this all-important project. But that project may have been abandoned by those who are executing it for reasons I may not be in a position to give now. However, there is an assurance that work on the existing old Port Harcourt-Enugu-Maiduguri rail line will begin soon. The reason why I mentioned that the governors of the South East should be blamed is that despite the fact that they were briefed on what to do to get the zone included in the Chinese loan for the building of rail lines across the federation, they failed to do anything to get the zone included in the loan. Then, they were told to have a meeting with the President, requesting to be included in the loan that would be obtained for that purpose, but they didn’t go for that meeting. That explained the reason why South East was not included in the planned project. However, there are still plans for the rehabilitation of the existing rail line that runs from Port Harcourt to Maiduguri, passing many cities in the Igbo land, it is still on and will soon commence.

We were meant to understand that it was former President Obasanjo’s administration that designed that rail line project, at what point did things go wrong?

The administration of former president Olusegun Obasanjo actually designed the rail line, in such a way that it covered all parts of Nigeria, and if they had done anything different when he was in power, he would have asked them to go back to the drawing board and ensure that every part is included, but how it turned out otherwise is not known to me. It may have been as a result of the governors’ refusal to attend the meeting for the Chinese loan that would be used to execute the project. If you truly know Obasanjo, he is a patriotic leader who takes decisions that are reflective of Nigeria, irrespective of whose ox is gored, but a lot of people misunderstand him.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2021/03/president-of-igbo-extraction-possible-in-2023-prof-ibe/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44
[/s]
PYO/El rufai assume office on 29/05/2023.

In 2031, we Nigerians will decide.
Re: President Of Igbo Extraction Possible In 2023 – Prof. Ibe by Baawaa(m): 9:46am On Mar 03, 2021
More than possible

1 Like

Re: President Of Igbo Extraction Possible In 2023 – Prof. Ibe by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 03, 2021
Re: President Of Igbo Extraction Possible In 2023 – Prof. Ibe by mbaise1000: 9:56am On Mar 03, 2021
Is the presidency really the problem of igbos?
How has it benefited those that have been producing it all these years?
Igbo presidency will do nothing for the average igbo man just as it has not done for the average youruba man or hausa man, how many orher country on earth are ALWAYS in this my tribe my people must rule? That is where the solution to the nigeria problem is if people will tell themselves the truth, nigeria is not one and will never be one, shouting one nigeria till forever is not the glue that will hold nigeria together, the oil holding it together is not strong enough.
Re: President Of Igbo Extraction Possible In 2023 – Prof. Ibe by Asgard13: 9:57am On Mar 03, 2021
See them up.. and soon down

Same Yoruba people shouting southern unity...
On a fight between Yoruba people and Hausa farmers

Same Yoruba people will flood this thread .. only this time you won’t hear southern unity grin

I fear who no fear Yoruba ..

Wake up southerners

Always allow Yoruba to fight their battles..

Southern unity my bloody black ass..

1 Like

Re: President Of Igbo Extraction Possible In 2023 – Prof. Ibe by igboarenice: 10:16am On Mar 03, 2021
Asgard13:
See them up.. and soon down

Same Yoruba people shouting southern unity...
On a fight between Yoruba people and Hausa farmers

Same Yoruba people will flood this thread .. only this time you won’t hear southern unity grin

I fear who no fear Yoruba ..

Wake up southerners

Always allow Yoruba to fight their battles..

Southern unity my bloody black ass..
Southern unity my black ass
Amaechi 2023 or nobody
Re: President Of Igbo Extraction Possible In 2023 – Prof. Ibe by ayomikook: 10:21am On Mar 03, 2021
I hope so too
Re: President Of Igbo Extraction Possible In 2023 – Prof. Ibe by Ojiofor: 1:10pm On Mar 03, 2021
mbaise1000:
Is the presidency really the problem of igbos?
How has it benefited those that have been producing it all these years?
Igbo presidency will do nothing for the average igbo man just as it has not done for the average youruba man or hausa man, how many orher country on earth are ALWAYS in this my tribe my people must rule? That is where the solution to the nigeria problem is if people will tell themselves the truth, nigeria is not one and will never be one, shouting one nigeria till forever is not the glue that will hold nigeria together, the oil holding it together is not strong enough.

As long as Nigeria still remain one it is the right of an Igbo man or woman to become the president of this country just like any other tribe.
Igbos should stay away from Igbo presidency project because it is above their secessionist reasoning.

(1) (Reply)

What Nnamdi Kanu Said About Asari Dokubo's Customary Government, Unknown Gunmen / God Showed Me Buhari Will Stabilize Nigeria — Pastor Tunde Bakare / Bandits Kill Scores In Midnight Attack In Kaduna, Women Protest, Shut Down Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.