Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,582 members, 7,823,523 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas (11726 Views)

NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines / Telcos To Block Millions From Mobile Banking Over Banks Debt / Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by adenigga(m): 10:17am On Mar 03, 2021
The Nigerian Government has approved the establishment of dedicated Subscriber Identification Modules (SIM) Swap centres by Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) across the 774 Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Nigeria

This was part of the resolution reached at the Ministerial Task Force meeting on the NIN-SIM registration held at the weekend, and chaired by the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr. Isa Pantami.

Key stakeholders, who joined Pantami at the meeting, included the Executive Vice Chairman/Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), Prof. Umar Danbatta; DG/CEO of the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), Aliyu Aziz; DG/CEO of the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), Kashifu Abdullai; Comptroller-General of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) ; the Chairman of the Association of Licensed Telecommunications Operators of Nigeria (ALTON), Gbenga Adebayo, among others.

The meeting also approved the extension of the tenure of NIN enrolment agent licenses for MNOs from one to five years in consideration of their satisfactory performance, subject to continuous monitoring.

Both the Director of Public Affairs, NCC, Dr. Ikechukwu Adinde and Head of Corporate Communications, NIMC, Kayode Adegoke, in a joint statement, yesterday, said the approval of tenure of NIN enrolment agent licenses is a deliberate effort of the FG to simplify the enrolment process for Nigerians and legal residents.

The statement informed that the Technical Committee was mandated to complete the development of a new SIM issuance strategy that cannot be compromised. This will ensure that there is no repeat of the past process that was compromised through preregistration by some agents; and a Multi-Sectoral Adhoc Committee was tasked to immediately complete the review of the processes for new SIM activations for legal residents staying in Nigeria for less than 24 months.

They informed that the membership of the Committee was drawn from NCC, NIMC, Nigeria Immigration Service and the ALTON.

Further, the said MNOs that already have Service Centres in important and critical locations in LGAs, are expected to upgrade these Centres to a level where they can qualify as SIM Swap Centres in order to reduce the challenges associated with the SIM Swap/Replacement process for the citizens.

https://m.guardian.ng/Telecom/FG-wants-telcos-to-establish-SIM-swap-centres-in-774-LGAs

1 Like

Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:34am On Mar 03, 2021
Very Good Development.

They should upgrade these Centres to a level where they can qualify as SIM Swap Centres in order to reduce the challenges associated with the SIM Swap/Replacement process for the citizens.

Anything to move our nation forward is all we are after.
Slow and steady we will get to a land flowing with miland honey,
Slow and steady we will get to the country of our dreams.

Nigeria shall be great again in our lifetime.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by tutudesz: 10:34am On Mar 03, 2021
Different policies every month undecided

Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by Enudapan: 10:35am On Mar 03, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
Wetin concern me
Buh las las
Nah mumu they do NIN

1 Like

Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by Uchekelechi(m): 10:35am On Mar 03, 2021

1 Like

Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by ec0malchemist(m): 10:35am On Mar 03, 2021
Good initiative, let's roll.

1 Like

Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by akanbiaa(m): 10:35am On Mar 03, 2021
hmmm
Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by 900warriorz: 10:36am On Mar 03, 2021
They are just looking for all possible means to get through to us but God go shame them..

Is that the most challenging issue Nigeria has to deal with now? undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by Bvlgari: 10:36am On Mar 03, 2021
Nice one...highly commendable

2 Likes

Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by ipobarethieves: 10:37am On Mar 03, 2021
sad conFUSED pipu.One day one confusionist
Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by OfficialGaGa(m): 10:37am On Mar 03, 2021
Nigerian politicians are useless, all of them....

everyday new laws, new directive.. yet nothing dey work for dis corntree...
Prophet GaGa

1 Like

Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by Massdamm(m): 10:37am On Mar 03, 2021
Them don dy get sense small small

1 Like

Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:39am On Mar 03, 2021
Hausa and fulfude was probably the language used to converse in the Ministerial Task Force meeting

3 Likes

Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by tbtosine(m): 10:40am On Mar 03, 2021
okay
Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by sojfarm: 10:40am On Mar 03, 2021
Are they going to fund it?
Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by khalids: 10:43am On Mar 03, 2021
As usual nonsense policy from clueless government.....

First of, who is going to bear the cost of establishing these center, who is going to pay the staff needed for this activity
Do govt, realize that the telcos are running a business and not a charity.

Considering the current state of the economy and how most businesses are surviving by the skin of their neck, who is going to bear this burden of cost.
I hope the govt is going to fund it....and last I remember govt has been complaining of no fund.....so what exactly is the plan here

4 Likes

Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by JoeOdion(m): 10:44am On Mar 03, 2021
Great

I need article writers. I have a large volume of jobs and I need real pros, not first-timersplease.
Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by dfrost: 10:48am On Mar 03, 2021
Good initiative. smiley

Albeit, there are challenges inherent with anything that has to do with close governance units in Nigeria, majorly kickbacks for faster service.

Instead let the telcos meet and agree on doing this as collective responsibility and open up a center for it, independent of any tier of government.

1 Like

Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by ogododo: 10:49am On Mar 03, 2021
khalids:
As usual nonsense policy from clueless government.....

First of, who is going to bear the cost of establishing these center, who is going to pay the staff needed for this activity
Do govt, realize that the telcos are running a business and not a charity.

Considering the current state of the economy and how most businesses are surviving by the skin of their neck, who is going to bear this burden of cost.
I hope the govt is going to fund it....and last I remember govt has been complaining of no fund.....so what exactly is the plan here

Naija dey hands of pipu wey no shabi anything
Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by Hamman1(m): 10:49am On Mar 03, 2021
Damn it...

This country nawa o..
Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by clothingonline(m): 10:50am On Mar 03, 2021
Each center should hv minimum of 20 well paid staff
Check my signature men
Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by dfrost: 10:51am On Mar 03, 2021
JoeOdion:
Great

I need article writers. I have a large volume of jobs and I need real pros, not first-timersplease.

If you will take this as an advice from me: don't discourage the first-timers. Give them a chance. Most people are creative writers. All they need is guidance on how to put them down in a article.

2 Likes

Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by Xioxing: 10:56am On Mar 03, 2021
post=99565087:
Very Good Development.

They should upgrade these Centres to a level where they can qualify as SIM Swap Centres in order to reduce the challenges associated with the SIM Swap/Replacement process for the citizens.

Anything to move our nation forward is all we are after.
Slow and steady we will get to a land flowing with miland honey,
Slow and steady we will get to the country of our dreams.

Nigeria shall be great again in our lifetime.

2 Likes

Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by KnightsTemplar(m): 11:04am On Mar 03, 2021
Na them sabi
Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by mastermaestro(m): 11:13am On Mar 03, 2021
JoeOdion:
Great

Most first-timers will deliver better than those overhyped pros you are seeking. This is how most organisations lose the unknown best during their skewed screening processes.
Word for you: Nobody turns pro overnight.

2 Likes

Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by ayomikook: 11:19am On Mar 03, 2021
Good thinking

1 Share

Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by samwillyco1(m): 11:30am On Mar 03, 2021
Let them lift ban on sim swap and sim registration first
Re: FG Wants Telcos To Establish SIM Swap Centres In All 774 Lgas by yomalex(m): 11:31am On Mar 03, 2021
Hmm how feasible

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mtn Introduce Free Night Browsing / GLO Still Tells Me To Link My Line Despite Linking It Before / Pictures From TECNO CAMON 18 SHORT Film Festival & Awards In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.