Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Why Is Nobody Talking About India Or Mbbs - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Is Nobody Talking About India Or Mbbs (1642 Views)

Why Is No One Talking About This In Nigeria / Some Amazing Facts About India / Nobody Is Talking About Luxembourg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Nobody Talking About India Or Mbbs by Udapod(m): 4:51pm On Mar 03, 2021
Guys i'm tired of this country. I want to study abroad. I am going for degree in mbbs. I was thinking of india. Pls recommend a country where i can study mbbs with at max 1million per year. Any country that teaches it in english is what i want. Help a brother.
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About India Or Mbbs by cooooooks(m): 6:31pm On Mar 03, 2021
Look at Philippines. Their education and visa relations with countries like America, other Asian countries as well as Arab countries is good.

You can travel while you're a student. That way, you build a good history on your passport (one problem with American/Canadian visa for studies or visit is a lacking travel history).

Check YouTube. There's a nurse Glory who details her experience in the Phillipines. She's now in an Arab country with her husband. There are other Nigerians in the Phillipines.
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About India Or Mbbs by Cousin9999: 1:31am On Mar 04, 2021
https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/07/24/the-harsh-reality-of-being-african-in-india-race-violence-college-students/

In March, not far from her neighborhood, a roving mob beat up a number of African students in multiple attacks. Some of the violence was captured on a widely circulated video of Indian men storming into a local shopping mall, kicking and punching a black man, and thrashing him with metal trashcans and stools. The severely injured victim, a young Nigerian, survived, but Okoyeegbe and many other Africans in the area feared enough for their safety to remain indoors for several days, in some cases weeks.

The past few years have seen several clashes between the locals and an expatriate African population of about 40,000 by some estimates, many of them students. In 2013, a minister in the state government of Goa was criticized for referring to Nigerians as a “cancer.” The following year, a mob assaulted a group of young men from Gabon and Burkina Faso in New Delhi — an attack posted on YouTube. In January 2016, Indians and Africans alike were appalled again when a Tanzanian student was pulled out of a car, beaten, and partially stripped in the southern Indian city of Bangalore. She was allegedly targeted by an irate mob after an intoxicated Sudanese student ran his car over a couple, killing the woman and injuring the man. The Tanzanian student didn’t even know the Sudanese driver. She and her friends had only driven through the accident site and inquired about the earlier incident. The police confirmed that she was presumed to have been involved with the crime, simply because she was African.

The 25-year-old Nigerian student came to India from the state of Ebonyi in 2013. Since arriving, he has been mocked, stared at, and called racial slurs like kalu, a Hindi word that translates to “blacky,” and habshi, a derogatory term for people of African origin, which has its roots in Arabic.

He has run through eight houses in the last four years. “I pay my bills and rent on time. I keep my house clean.” When he asked the owner of an apartment why he suddenly had to vacate, Alagba says the landlord told him that “tenants complained that their culture forbade them from living with blacks.”

“Landlords have always overcharged them. What is new, and especially disturbing, is, first, the level of police harassment, of which there is anecdotal evidence, on the pretext of combating drug peddling and prostitution and, second, the increasing tendency for some Indians to resort to violence.”

Today, Okoyeegbe regrets her journey eastward. “My dream was to study medicine. In Africa, India is known for medicine,” she says. “Many Africans travel abroad for medical treatment. I thought, ‘Why not go to India, get the knowledge and a correlation with Indian doctors so that Nigerians don’t have to travel to get basic health care?’”

Now, the only thing keeping her in Greater Noida is her coursework, which she is on schedule to complete by next year, and her tenure abroad is tinged with bitterness. “I can never let anyone I love take a flight to India and live here,” she laments. “I wouldn’t even advise my enemy to live here.”

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About India Or Mbbs by ednut1(m): 2:31pm On Mar 04, 2021
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About India Or Mbbs by Udapod(m): 5:12pm On Mar 04, 2021
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About India Or Mbbs by ednut1(m): 5:21pm On Mar 04, 2021
Udapod:
Do u have a better option?
you can always study in Nigeria. And relocate to uk as a doctor later
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About India Or Mbbs by dasparrow: 5:42pm On Mar 04, 2021
Udapod:
Guys i'm tired of this country. I want to study abroad. I am going for degree in mbbs. I was thinking of india. Pls recommend a country where i can study mbbs with at max 1million per year. Any country that teaches it in english is what i want. Help a brother.

India is a terribly racist place. Why do you want to go there? Why do some of you keep seeking to go to racially hostile countries? Dem swear for una? You think racism is a joke? By the time those indians beat you up, break your head or even worse kill you, you will know what's up.

And rather than go for a degree, learn a technical skill instead. So many Africans have degrees yet they can't find employment. Learn a skill like floor and wall tiling, P.O.P, building construction, computer technology, etc and you will make money right here in Africa. Yet, you will rather waste your life in some racist, xenophobic, overcrowded, cow-worshipping shithole like india. So unfortunate!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About India Or Mbbs by Udapod(m): 9:43pm On Mar 04, 2021
ednut1:
you can always study in Nigeria. And relocate to uk as a doctor later
I dont want ASUU wahala
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About India Or Mbbs by Gerrard59(m): 10:01pm On Mar 04, 2021
dasparrow:

India is a terribly racist place. Why do you want to go there? Why do some of you keep seeking to go to racially hostile countries? Dem swear for una? You think racism is a joke? By the time those indians beat you up, break your head or even worse kill you, you will know what's up.

And rather than go for a degree, learn a technical skill instead. So many Africans have degrees yet they can't find employment. . Yet, you will rather waste your life in some racist, xenophobic, overcrowded

He's going for a medical degree not just any pure water degree. Ab initio, medicine has always been revelant in any society, so the aspect of being unemployed doesn't hold water especially in a pandemic-ed world.

Learn a skill like floor and wall tiling, P.O.P, building construction, computer technology, etc and you will make money right here in Africa

Bloody effing liar and barefaced hypocrite! Which "...right here in Africa"? The Africa you fled to a no-name country in Central America? After fleeing Europe to Abuja, you fled to bloody Central America YET you want someone to learn tiling and building construction to eke a living in Nigeria so as to make big big money. Why didn't you do same? I'm surprised you didn't mention your imaginary Lebanese/Indian/Chinese billionaires who generate BILLIONS in Nigeria.

cow-worshipping shithole like india. So unfortunate!

You're a black woman and have no right to call one of world's biggest economy a shithole when the vast vast majority of black dominated countries are notorious shitholes and terribly poor. How many Indians do you have studying in black dominated countries compared to blacks studying in India?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About India Or Mbbs by Gerrard59(m): 10:22pm On Mar 04, 2021
OP,

You are better off studying medicine in Nigeria - way cheaper - as you are a citizen. Medicine is very expensive to study elsewhere even for citizens let alone non-citizens. No reputable country whose language of pedagogy is in English will accept less than less than $3,000 as fees for medicine from a non-citizen.
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About India Or Mbbs by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:30pm On Mar 04, 2021
Op it's not easy getting admission into a recognised Indian institution for medicine. Except you want to go a to quack school. The exams for AIIMS are extremely competitive and very difficult for Indians. Only the best get in.
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About India Or Mbbs by Udapod(m): 12:00am On Mar 06, 2021
Gerrard59:
OP,

You are better off studying medicine in Nigeria - way cheaper - as you are a citizen. Medicine is very expensive to study elsewhere even for citizens let alone non-citizens. No reputable country whose language of pedagogy is in English will accept less than less than $3,000 as fees for medicine from a non-citizen.
Thats about 1.2m. The last time i checked i can afford that plus i can also get a schorlaship
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About India Or Mbbs by Gerrard59(m): 9:47am On Mar 06, 2021
Udapod:
Thats about 1.2m. The last time i checked i can afford that plus i can also get a schorlaship

In which country and which university?

P.S. What are your secondary school grades that make you believe you can get a scholarship to study medicine as a foreign citizen?
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About India Or Mbbs by Udapod(m): 9:53am On Mar 08, 2021
Gerrard59:

In which country and which university?

P.S. What are your secondary school grades that make you believe you can get a scholarship to study medicine as a foreign citizen?
I had 4As the rest were Bs except english that i had c4.
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About India Or Mbbs by Udapod(m): 9:56am On Mar 08, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
Op it's not easy getting admission into a recognised Indian institution for medicine. Except you want to go a to quack school. The exams for AIIMS are extremely competitive and very difficult for Indians. Only the best get in.
Exams don't scare me.
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About India Or Mbbs by Cleanworld(f): 10:11am On Mar 08, 2021
Gerrard59:

He's going for a medical degree not just any pure water degree. Ab initio, medicine has always been revelant in any society, so the aspect of being unemployed doesn't hold water especially in a pandemic-ed world.

Bloody effing liar and barefaced hypocrite! Which "...right here in Africa"? The Africa you fled to a no-name country in Central America? After fleeing Europe to Abuja, you fled to bloody Central America YET you want someone to learn tiling and building construction to eke a living in Nigeria so as to make big big money. Why didn't you do same? I'm surprised you didn't mention your imaginary Lebanese/Indian/Chinese billionaires who generate BILLIONS in Nigeria.

You're a black woman and have no right to call one of world's biggest economy a shithole when the vast vast majority of black dominated countries are notorious shitholes and terribly poor. How many Indians do you have studying in black dominated countries compared to blacks studying in India?

What the elders see far away while sitting down even when children claim the tree they won't see it. i assume you have cross Nigeria border yet and i pray you will soon.
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About India Or Mbbs by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:12am On Mar 08, 2021
Udapod:
Exams don't scare me.
Send the schools an email. I believe there's just around 20 branches of AIIMS in India. Enquire how you can write the exams from Nigeria here or travel down to india to write t.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About India Or Mbbs by Cleanworld(f): 10:14am On Mar 08, 2021
dasparrow:

And rather than go for a degree, learn a technical skill instead. So many Africans have degrees yet they can't find employment. Learn a skill like floor and wall tiling, P.O.P, building construction, computer technology, etc and you will make money right here in Africa. Yet, you will rather waste your life in some racist, xenophobic, overcrowded, cow-worshipping shithole like india. So unfortunate!

He won't understand your wisdom here not until he step is foot in overseas thyen he will have a story to share either good or bad. just pray he relocate soonest grin
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About India Or Mbbs by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:31am On Mar 08, 2021
Cleanworld:

He won't understand your wisdom here not until he step is foot in overseas thyen he will have a story to share either good or bad. just pray he relocate soonest grin
The person you are quoting came back to Nigeria and immediately fled to Latin America check her past posts. If she came back to Nigeria and stayed everyone will take her seriously. She's also fond of calling all black men rapists and animals.
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About India Or Mbbs by Cleanworld(f): 12:40pm On Mar 08, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

The person you are quoting came back to Nigeria and immediately fled to Latin America check her past posts. If she came back to Nigeria and stayed everyone will take her seriously. She's also fond of calling all black men rapists and animals.

Does that includes her brothers,uncles and the rest?
Some lady are so uncouth undecided
Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About India Or Mbbs by Goel: 2:18pm On Mar 08, 2021
dasparrow:
Indians usually are rare to be racist towards Africans or any other community, at least more rare than Americans or Europeans. They although won't mind to thrash you in case of a personal argument, accident because of violating traffic rules or found selling weed or gangwars in streets of cities. Indians facing racism acroos Europe, North & Latin America, East Asia and even Africa is a reality although, they never complain because migrant Indians are mostly rich entrepreneurs and privileged enough that they don't bother to take rallies.

Indian attitude towards Africans is anything but racist. Africans don't occupy their minds and aren't seen as people to be even bothered about.

And why he wants to go? Indians have much better institutions and will offer a internationally accepted degree at a fraction of of cost what you'll have to pay in from Europe to Africa.
dasparrow:
And rather than go for a degree, learn a technical skill instead. So many Africans have degrees yet they can't find employment. Learn a skill like floor and wall tiling, P.O.P, building construction, computer technology, etc and you will make money right here in Africa.
A floor maker can't earn more than a doctor. Indeed he is just saving his money and looking ahead to work in Africa thereafter.
dasparrow:
Yet, you will rather waste your life in some racist, xenophobic, overcrowded, cow-worshipping shithole like india. So unfortunate!
LOL, read your post again fluently loud and you would know what racism looks like.

Indians even though not having high living standards like Europe, they have something significant in name of industry, technology, economy and education which is further improving. African "shitholes" have simply nothing unlike the Indian "shithole" which has something it can actually talk about. Your place is also a dirty slummer dweller place like India. Just with much much more slums, even more poverty, less education, no technology, high population growth rates, civil wars, no income growth, no or little science and inventions, weak governments, strong terrorists and no positive future unlike India which will catch up with eastern Europe in next 30 years.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Nobody Talking About India Or Mbbs by Gerrard59(m): 5:43pm On Mar 08, 2021
Udapod:
I had 4As the rest were Bs except english that i had c4.

Study medicine in Nigeria. Way cheaper and easier.

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Travel, Visa, Permit Tips Here! / Get A Shengen,s/a,malaysia,dubai Visas @ An Affordable Fee! / My First Time On A Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.