Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Northern Traders Call-Off Strike, Say FG Agreed To Pay N4.75bn Compensation - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Traders Call-Off Strike, Say FG Agreed To Pay N4.75bn Compensation (39018 Views)

Igbo Businessmen Ask Northern Traders To Give Estimate Of Losses From IPOB Attac / IPOB Kills 13 Northern Traders In Enugu, Imo In One Week / We Would Rather Lose Goods — Northern Traders Adamant As Boycott Hurts Both Side (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northern Traders Call-Off Strike, Say FG Agreed To Pay N4.75bn Compensation by seunmsg(m): 8:26am On Mar 04, 2021
Beremx:
While I have admitted Buhari is a failure, you are yet to do so. 2015 was six years ago. I have moved on.

You’ve moved on but still trolling my handle. Quite ironic. Aunty, free me abeg.
Re: Northern Traders Call-Off Strike, Say FG Agreed To Pay N4.75bn Compensation by Beremx(f): 8:29am On Mar 04, 2021
Trolling your handle indeed. You wish. Can you count how many times I have quoted you since I started noticing your moniker?

Trolling ko, strolling ni!
seunmsg:

You’ve moved on but still trolling my handle. Quite ironic. Aunty, free me abeg.
Re: Northern Traders Call-Off Strike, Say FG Agreed To Pay N4.75bn Compensation by seunmsg(m): 8:38am On Mar 04, 2021
Beremx:
Trolling your handle indeed. You wish. Can you count how many times I have quoted you since I started noticing your moniker?

Trolling ko, strolling ni!

You’ve been noticed. Kindly get out of my mention. Thanks.
Re: Northern Traders Call-Off Strike, Say FG Agreed To Pay N4.75bn Compensation by GNBohr: 9:22am On Mar 04, 2021
ABOKI9ja:
ftc
proudly Hausa from Arewa (Food's country) w[center][/center]ith luv

The stupid thing the proponents of the blockade did was to assume that the market in the South West is Yoruba. Wrong assumption number 1. Yorubas owns the market but don't operate the market. The market down South, particularly South West is a global one, it consists of people from all over the world. The proponents also assumed that market is always available. Wrong assumption number 2. Yes, market is always available but not readily accessible in terms of needs and wants. Like you take pork to a Muslim market. Market is also about disposable income. Like you take a Lamborghini to Idodemomo to sell, who will buy it. The proponents also erroneously assumed that the market will beg for the product. Wrong assumption number 3. Markets drive production as is explained in the laws of demand and supply except in products that have no alternatives or have only one producer. Market usually call the bluff of producers because there are countless producers seeking to access the market. The proponents then fatally assumed that they can keep the products in inventory till the impasse last. That's wrong, very wrong assumption number 4. It's this that break the camel's back. They lack capacity to store preserve the products in the right marketable condition and quality, moreso these products are perishable. So when the rots and damages set in, the fear of losing the whole investment in the production process will ultimately compel the producer to return to the market. This sometimes have a consequence of its own. Depends on if the market have remained where it was or moved on to other sources and alternatives. The second consequence is the price dynamic may change in favour of the market because the producer is now desperate to sell to salvage whatever remains of their products.
The lesson from all these is that, we should always think deeper beyond sentimentality when making economic decisions. Business is not handled the way politics is. Now that the blockade has happened it has now created the awareness in the southern government to change their strategies towards agriculture and if this happens, the northern food producers stand to lose more in the long run. It's always bad to start what you can't finish when you definitely lack the capacity to see it to the end. While the blockade lasted, the market in the south operated at higher costs than usual become of price dynamic which was painful but they bore it because they know their sources of income is unaffected and it's just a matter of time before other producers replace the north food producers. Playing dirty politics is and will be our undoing in this country and if care is not taking will ruin the nation.
Re: Northern Traders Call-Off Strike, Say FG Agreed To Pay N4.75bn Compensation by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:59am On Mar 04, 2021
Beremx:
I should be ashamed of admitting Buhari is a failure? You must be stupid.
You are even more stupid than I imagined.
Re: Northern Traders Call-Off Strike, Say FG Agreed To Pay N4.75bn Compensation by jude79(m): 10:23am On Mar 04, 2021
CobraAnambra:
We know the stone in Aso rock will pay his brothers the money through the back door but he won't compensate the victims from the other side.

SW just gave home training 101 to the northerners.
If those abóki misbehaved once again, dem go collect another round of flogging.
The next time, when coming into SW, hang your animal skin at the corner of the border and then put on a human skin before entering. You can then put your animal skin back on when you enter the north.

-cobra

How did you know what I'm about to say, anyway, too much wisdom no go kill you, keep it up. Fela sang it many yrs ago "animals want teach us human rights" everything political position achieved by core northerners in this country is by quota system and nepotism due to support from ruling animals that Britain handed over to. Imagine the criminality of holding government to ransoms over the chemically grown cancer inducing food grown in the core north. I only blame Britain for criminally handing over to morons, where Zik and Awo exist.

1 Like

Re: Northern Traders Call-Off Strike, Say FG Agreed To Pay N4.75bn Compensation by seguno2: 12:55pm On Mar 04, 2021
seunmsg:
N4.75bn for what exactly? This is how government goes about enabling nonsense. Kidnapping student for ransom started like a joke and now it’s a very big monster and an unending sinkhole for government funds.

So many militia groups who ordinarily should face the full wrath of the law are now either enjoying amnesty or demanding amnesty.

Some idiots have started with food blockade and we are now appealing to them with billions of Naira. What message are we sending to people in other regions? Is this how we will be throwing billions away anytime folks in other regions start their own blockade? It is well with Nigeria.

Abeg na who hack this one account?
Is it the beginning of wailing or what is this
Re: Northern Traders Call-Off Strike, Say FG Agreed To Pay N4.75bn Compensation by FelixDav1(m): 7:10pm On Mar 26, 2021
post=99580703:

Quoted for posterity sake!

We need to learn how to live together as brothers and sisters.
#InOneNigeriaWeBelieve

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cars Destroyed After PDP And APC Supporters Clashed In Kaduna (Photos) / Soldiers Conveying Foodstuff To Troops Ambushed By Boko Haram Men, 2 Killed / Amina Mohammed: Okonjo-Iweala Got Nigeria Out Of Debt, But We're Back There

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.