Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,420 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

I Love Cars With "Electrical Issues" - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Love Cars With "Electrical Issues" (2015 Views)

I Buy Non- Starting Cars With Electrical Issues / Hondas And Other Cars With Failed Ball Joint On The Roads (Photos) / 7 Cars With Absolutely Ugly Interior You Wouldn’t Even Like To See (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love Cars With "Electrical Issues" by MOTIONTECH(m): 12:05am On Mar 04, 2021
This thread is created for cars that usually have "electrical issues", cars like vw, audi, bmw ,volvo and the likes that are termed to usually have "electrical issues". so, this is how the thread will go, you state the name of the car, year, model and the issue if possible with the trouble code associated with it then we discuss the fix.
Re: I Love Cars With "Electrical Issues" by fk001(m): 9:55am On Mar 04, 2021
I heard 307 Auto has so much electrical issue and transmission issue is it true?
Re: I Love Cars With "Electrical Issues" by AutoMoTech(m): 8:42pm On Mar 04, 2021
fk001:
I heard 307 Auto has so much electrical issue and transmission issue is it true?
VERY FALSE.
BAD MAINTENANCE CULTURE COUPLED WITH USE OF WRONG TRANSMISSION OIL ETC ARE WHAT DAMAGES THE TRANSMISSIONS MORE.

1 Like

Re: I Love Cars With "Electrical Issues" by fk001(m): 11:52pm On Mar 04, 2021
AutoMoTech:

VERY FALSE.
BAD MAINTENANCE CULTURE COUPLED WITH USE OF WRONG TRANSMISSION OIL ETC ARE WHAT DAMAGES THE TRANSMISSIONS MORE.

Oh okay thank you

Because the person said the problem mostly arises when manual 307 is transformed into Auto tans. (Which is the most common Auto 307 you will see) but if you are lucky to have the original Auto trans that came as it is then you will face less problem. Talking about Neatly used.

Pls what do you think which of the two between civic 2008 -10 and 307 a person should go for.
Re: I Love Cars With "Electrical Issues" by valarinz: 12:54am On Mar 05, 2021
MOTIONTECH:
This thread is created for cars that usually have "electrical issues", cars like vw, audi, bmw ,volvo and the likes that usually have electrical issues. so, this is how the thread will go, you state the name of the car, year, model and the issue if possible with the trouble code associated with it then we discuss the fix.

You know, you could come here and hustle in peace without following stereotype, playing to the gallery and dragging our dear Volvo along.

What do you mean saying Volvo "usually have electrical issues", have you been close to the engine bay of a Volvo before?

1 Like

Re: I Love Cars With "Electrical Issues" by AutoMoTech(m): 7:51pm On Mar 05, 2021
fk001:

Oh okay thank you

Because the person said the problem mostly arises when manual 307 is transformed into Auto tans. (Which is the most common Auto 307 you will see) but if you are lucky to have the original Auto trans that came as it is then you will face less problem. Talking about Neatly used.

Pls what do you think which of the two between civic 2008 -10 and 307 a person should go for.

IN THAT CASE THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN ALTERED AND MOST LIKELY NOT DONE PROPERLY IT WILL SURELY GIVE PROBLEMS. YOU SEE ITS NOT A FACTOR OF AUTO 307 BUT CONVERTED 307. FOR YOUR PEACE OF MIND AVOID CONVERTED PEUGEOTS.
BTW CIVIC AND 307? ANY OF THEM IS GREAT. BUT THE MECHANICS AROUND YOU HOW COMPETENT ARE THEY?

@AUTOMOTECH

1 Like

Re: I Love Cars With "Electrical Issues" by fk001(m): 7:56pm On Mar 05, 2021
AutoMoTech:

IN THAT CASE THE SYSTEM HAS BEEN ALTERED AND MOST LIKELY NOT DONE PROPERLY IT WILL SURELY GIVE PROBLEMS. YOU SEE ITS NOT A FACTOR OF AUTO 307 BUT CONVERTED 307. FOR YOUR PEACE OF MIND AVOID CONVERTED PEUGEOTS.
BTW CIVIC AND 307? ANY OF THEM IS GREAT. BUT THE MECHANICS AROUND YOU HOW COMPETENT ARE THEY?

@AUTOMOTECH

I based in Abuja we have lots of competent mechanics here, I just don't know which of the cars is the best.
Re: I Love Cars With "Electrical Issues" by AutoMoTech(m): 8:03pm On Mar 05, 2021
fk001:

I based in Abuja we have lots of competent mechanics here, I just don't know which of the cars is the best.

BABA JUST DO YOUR CIVIC JEJE...
MAINTENANCE ON BOTH IS PRACTICALLY SAME. LOW FUEL CONSUMPTION ON BOTH. THE PUG HAS A VERY MAD AC IF OUR BROTHERS NEVER TOUCH AM SHA O.
CIVIC IS EASY TO TOUCH, SO WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE...

@AUTOMOTECH
Re: I Love Cars With "Electrical Issues" by fk001(m): 8:11pm On Mar 05, 2021
AutoMoTech:

BABA JUST DO YOUR CIVIC JEJE...
MAINTENANCE ON BOTH IS PRACTICALLY SAME. LOW FUEL CONSUMPTION ON BOTH. THE PUG HAS A VERY MAD AC IF OUR BROTHERS NEVER TOUCH AM SHA O.
CIVIC IS EASY TO TOUCH, SO WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE...

@AUTOMOTECH

Thanks bro
Re: I Love Cars With "Electrical Issues" by AutoMoTech(m): 8:27pm On Mar 05, 2021
fk001:

Thanks bro

You're welcome sir.
Re: I Love Cars With "Electrical Issues" by MOTIONTECH(m): 12:59am On Mar 06, 2021
fk001:
Not true, all you need is a technician that knows his onion.The 307 is actually a wonderful car, great on mpg.I will recommend it for anyone.

1 Like

Re: I Love Cars With "Electrical Issues" by MOTIONTECH(m): 1:02am On Mar 06, 2021
fk001:

Oh okay thank you

i will say go for the 307.Ensure you go with a competent technician if you eventually want to buy it.I can recommend one for you if you dont mind.
Re: I Love Cars With "Electrical Issues" by MOTIONTECH(m): 1:03am On Mar 06, 2021
valarinz:

You know, you could come here and hustle in peace without following stereotype, playing to the gallery and dragging our dear Volvo along.

What do you mean saying Volvo "usually have electrical issues", have you been close to the engine bay of a Volvo before?
I am speaking the language of kazeems, believe me i know how wonderful volvos are.
Re: I Love Cars With "Electrical Issues" by MOTIONTECH(m): 1:04am On Mar 06, 2021
fk001:

You even have lion king with you there, go for the 307.
Re: I Love Cars With "Electrical Issues" by uboma(m): 6:47am On Mar 06, 2021
valarinz:

I have observed that at the mention of Volvo on a topic especially when it is a critic, you take it personal and you get defensive.

Life isn't as hard as you are making it....

5 Likes

Re: I Love Cars With "Electrical Issues" by uboma(m): 6:51am On Mar 06, 2021
fk001:

Not true @ words in bold.

There are just a handful competent auto mechanics here in Abuja.
Re: I Love Cars With "Electrical Issues" by valarinz: 5:21am On Mar 07, 2021
uboma:

I have observed that at the mention of Volvo on a topic especially when it is a critic, you take it personal and you get defensive.

Life isn't as hard as you are making it....

Are you now looking for your own dose of attention?

Re: I Love Cars With "Electrical Issues" by Elsueno: 11:51pm On Mar 07, 2021
fk001:

Oh okay thank you

To be honest PUG is not for everybody, if you ain't the kind of person who cares about his car alot, then u will suffer. PUG does not tolerate anyhow rewire, it will screw up the system. Also, majority of Nigerian mechanics suck at conversion of PUGs grin , My friend has a converted one, it actually took me a while to reset radiator fan connection to factory & dat stup#d Ac connection way kazeem dey do
Re: I Love Cars With "Electrical Issues" by fk001(m): 5:20pm On Mar 09, 2021
Elsueno:

To be honest PUG is not for everybody, if you ain't the kind of person who cares about his car alot, then u will suffer. PUG does not tolerate anyhow rewire, it will screw up the system. Also, majority of Nigerian mechanics suck at conversion of PUGs grin , My friend has a converted one, it actually took me a while to reset radiator fan connection to factory & dat stup#d Ac connection way kazeem dey do

But what anout the Manual Transmission is it better than the Auto? And if i am lucky to find the unconverted Auto is it also good?

Is the rewire main problem of PUG or there is other?

Thanks
Re: I Love Cars With "Electrical Issues" by MOTIONTECH(m): 10:20am On Mar 10, 2021
fk001:

But what anout the Manual Transmission is it better than the Auto? And if i am lucky to find the unconverted Auto is it also good?

Is the rewire main problem of PUG or there is other?

Thanks
Automatic or manuel the two are equally good.But ensure you use the right transmission oil for your automatic
Re: I Love Cars With "Electrical Issues" by Tajsagay(m): 6:16am On Mar 13, 2021
Hello. Please where can I get the knob of gear shift stick for Volvo s80 05 model. Mine broke off this morning

1 Like

Re: I Love Cars With "Electrical Issues" by valarinz: 6:22am On Mar 13, 2021
Tajsagay:
Hello. Please where can I get the knob of gear shift stick for Volvo s80 05 model. Mine broke off this morning

Head to Volvo market, alhaji amusa streeet, Mushin.

If you're not in Lagos, whatsapp me for seller contacts, they can waybill to you

(1) (Reply)

Candid Advive : Naija Used Corolla 2003 Vs Tokunbo Camry 2001 / Ikorodu To Ajegunle-Apapa! In Search Of Motorists Going My Way. / Swapping Tyre Sizes On A Sedan.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.