Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Explaining 2 Corinthians 3:6 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Explaining 2 Corinthians 3:6 (499 Views)

20 Points From 1 Corinthians 14 About Speaking In Tongues In The Church / 2 Corinthians (as our bodies die, our Spirits are being Renewed everyday.) / Books Of Corinthians(Paul on the foolishness of human wisdom) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explaining 2 Corinthians 3:6 by 8BowlofFlour: 11:03am On Mar 04, 2021
As a Christian, we deeply thinks and try to understand the root of law and grace according to the Bible. Moses was the representative and forerunner of what law is about as received from Mount Sinai and sealed of the children of Israel.

Under the law, obedience is the only way and the only truth. Those who disobey the law are struck by different judgement.

But because the law was too absolute and God wanted to save mankind, he sent Christ his only begotten son. Christ died for our sins and offered us Grace in repentance. When you repent of your sins and a believe in Christ, you are saved by Grace.

But people want to practice the old ways of the law which Christ has been used as a substitute to the law. So you have to chose between the law and Christ. Christ has always been with the father since the beginning of the word. John chapter 1 verse 1 to 4 made this clear , " in the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word was God. This shows that Chris has even been before the law.

So 2 Corinthians 3:6 says, " We cannot have one foot in the Law and one foot in Grace." So why don't we chose and hold on to Christ
Re: Explaining 2 Corinthians 3:6 by Dtruthspeaker: 12:56pm On Mar 04, 2021
8BowlofFlour:
As a Christian, we deeply thinks and try to understand the root of law and grace according to the Bible. Moses was the representative and forerunner of what law is about as received from Mount Sinai and sealed of the children of Israel.

Under the law, obedience is the only way and the only truth. Those who disobey the law are struck by different judgement.

But because the law was too absolute and God wanted to save mankind, he sent Christ his only begotten son. Christ died for our sins and offered us Grace in repentance. When you repent of your sins and a believe in Christ, you are saved by Grace.

But people want to practice the old ways of the law which Christ has been used as a substitute to the law. So you have to chose between the law and Christ. Christ has always been with the father since the beginning of the word. John chapter 1 verse 1 to 4 made this clear , " in the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word was God. This shows that Chris has even been before the law.

So 2 Corinthians 3:6 says, " We cannot have one foot in the Law and one foot in Grace." So why don't we chose and hold on to Christ

Paul did not refer to God's Laws being replaced, he was speaking about "the Abuse and Wrong Application of God's Law which was prevalent at that time, as now,

Which also The Lord Challenged and kept in its proper and good perspective (if you want).

And The Lord openly and clearly declared, even before He began to Put The Law in its Proper View, that "He Did Not Come To Alter, Amend or Change The Law, rather He Came to Accomplish (Fully Fill) it".

Take correction, The Lord was very clear in His Declaration of Himself with The Law, which He clearly said He would not be altering nor which Paul, a lawyer himself, knew he did not make that Law therefore he knew he had no Jurisdiction to attempt to alter it, but now you imply that he altered it in crediting to him the concept of "Grace".

Grace has always been there since the beginning, look at Psalms, all it talks about is about the use of "Grace" in the Presence and Midst of The Law!

Eg Psalm 17:1/2, Psalm 5:3,4,5, Psalm 119:9 etc
Re: Explaining 2 Corinthians 3:6 by 8BowlofFlour: 2:24pm On Mar 04, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Paul did not refer to God's Laws being replaced, he was speaking about "the Abuse and Wrong Application of God's Law which was prevalent at that time, as now,

Which also The Lord Challenged and kept in its proper and good perspective (if you want).

And The Lord openly and clearly declared, even before He began to Put The Law in its Proper View, that "He Did Not Come To Alter, Amend or Change The Law, rather He Came to Accomplish (Fully Fill) it".

Take correction, The Lord was very clear in His Declaration of Himself with The Law, which He clearly said He would not be altering nor which Paul, a lawyer himself, knew he did not make that Law therefore he knew he had no Jurisdiction to attempt to alter it, but now you imply that he altered it in crediting to him the concept of "Grace".

Grace has always been there since the beginning, look at Psalms, all it talks about is about the use of "Grace" in the Presence and Midst of The Law!

1. Which came first? Christ or the Law?
2.Which is greater? Christ or the law?

Old things have passed away. Why did Christ say, he who has not sinned before should be the first one to cast a stone at the woman? Did he abolish that law/concept or promoted it
Re: Explaining 2 Corinthians 3:6 by Dtruthspeaker: 3:00pm On Mar 04, 2021
8BowlofFlour:

1. Which came first? Christ or the Law?
2.Which is greater? Christ or the law?

Old things have passed away. Why did Christ say, he who has not sinned before should be the first one to cast a stone at the woman? Did he abolish that law/concept or promoted it

grin
There too many different questions here and none of them is directly connected to the Issue at hand.

But to respectfully show you that I do understand Fully, the Connection of Christ with/and The Law, I will attempt to answer the questions, but first, let me remind you of this information or draw your attention to an information ye ought to know.

First, The Law in discuss refers to the Laws Regulating the conduct and activities of men, Not The Other Laws Regulating All things on earth, including animals, seas, wind, rain etc (I believe this is what you have in mind when you say The Law).

Which was Issued To Moses and Immediately Commenced therefrom.

Now, having this knowledge "Question 1-Which came first? Christ or the Law?" is moot and DOA!

For by the Authority of John 1:10/11, Christ is The Issuer of The Law on the Mountain, and it is The Law that "The Maker and Issuer of Law is Always Greater than the law which He Makes"

Therefore you err when the Maker of The Law in focus has Cearly and Unequivocally Stated that "He is Not Amending nor Altering nor Repealing The Law He Made"

Therefore what did He do with regard to respecting The Law?

My Answer is that He was showing us "How to keep The Law" for check and see which Law of The Laws He issued did He not abide or comply with?

You will find None, He complied with every single one of His Laws and not one law did He discard.

Check it and see!

Let me stop here so that I do not make my answers too long.
Re: Explaining 2 Corinthians 3:6 by perezeghi: 3:32pm On Mar 04, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

It's nice to see one who teaches the Word as it is. Having a balanced view and interpretation.

It's this interpretation of not being under the law preaching but grace that those who preach against tithing get their thoughts from.

And the church have refused to correct this improper law-grace interpretation. But want to hold on to tithe.
Re: Explaining 2 Corinthians 3:6 by Dtruthspeaker: 3:49pm On Mar 04, 2021
perezeghi:

It's nice to see one who teaches the Word as it is. Having a balanced view and interpretation.

It's this interpretation of not being under the law preaching but grace that those who preach against tithing get their thoughts from.

And the church have refused to correct this improper law-grace interpretation. But want to hold on to tithe.

Thank you for your encouraging words.

One of the worsts evils in this world is where and when a Wrong Doer attempts to Just-Fill (justify) his Wrong Doing, whether on tithing, breach of trust, abandonment of duty of care, stealing, pride and arrogance, unjust self elevation and enrichment, wantoness, fornication, adultery, child-sex, men, every secret bad thing under the sun, do they do, hiding behind and under their own creation which they choose to call "Grace" and trying to raise it up as a defence for their bad conducts.

I find them very vexatious!
Re: Explaining 2 Corinthians 3:6 by perezeghi: 9:46pm On Mar 04, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Thank you for your encouraging words.

One of the worsts evils in this world is where and when a Wrong Doer attempts to Just-Fill (justify) his Wrong Doing, whether on tithing, breach of trust, abandonment of duty of care, stealing, pride and arrogance, unjust self elevation and enrichment, wantoness, fornication, adultery, child-sex, men, every secret bad thing under the sun, do they do, hiding behind and under their own creation which they choose to call "Grace" and trying to raise it up as a defence for their bad conducts.

I find them very vexatious!

It's very vexatious.
Though I don't blame them because we all ought to read the Holy Bible and ask the Holy Spirit for discernment. But guess many are carried away by sweet words.
I've always told myself never to give in to the doctrines of men that does not conform to Scriptures.
Re: Explaining 2 Corinthians 3:6 by Dtruthspeaker: 7:32am On Mar 05, 2021
perezeghi:

It's very vexatious.
Though I don't blame them because we all ought to read the Holy Bible and ask the Holy Spirit for discernment. But guess many are carried away by sweet words.
I've always told myself never to give in to the doctrines of men that does not conform to Scriptures.

True, however, the journey is still Very Long and we who Trust in The Lord are not yet Home-Safe, so i humbly counsel, that like Palm Tree at the beach, let us go deeper until we reach the Solid Rock on which the earth is laid, that's when we would be able to Withstand Any Rain, Flood,Tsunami that may overflow over us, for after it is past, we would still be seen Standing!

Then at the Bolded, my observation is that they Never came to God for Life and Truth but to obtain His Sweets and Goods, therefore, they are still the same as those who will never Approach God, which is Clearly Revealed when they do not receive His Sweets and Goodies.

Thereafter, they are the ones who start to shout the loudest, "That there is No God" and speak Filth about Him!

1 Like

Re: Explaining 2 Corinthians 3:6 by Kobojunkie: 5:38pm On Mar 09, 2021
8BowlofFlour:

We know that God commanded the children of Israel to obey His commandments, and Moses made certain to deliver this message to them.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. “Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16. I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17. But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18. you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.
19. “Today I am giving you a choice of two ways. And I ask heaven and earth to be witnesses of your choice. You can choose life or death. The first choice will bring a blessing. The other choice will bring a curse. So choose life! Then you and your children will live.
20. You must love the Lord your God and obey him. Never leave him, because he is your life. And he will give you a long life in the land that he, the Lord, promised to give to your ancestors—Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”
But Jesus Christ also commands obedience without which it is impossible to please the Father or enter in the Kingdom of Heaven. undecided

Matthew 7 vs 24-29(ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24. “Whoever hears these teachings of mine and obeys them is like a wise man who built his house on rock.
25. It rained hard, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house. But it did not fall because it was built on rock.
26. “Whoever hears these teachings of mine and does not obey them is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.
27. It rained hard, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house. And it fell with a loud crash.”
28. When Jesus finished speaking, the people were amazed at his teaching.
29. He did not teach like their teachers of the law. He taught like someone who has authority.

But Jesus Christ, the grace of God Himself, said that if you love Him, You will Obey His Teachings. He went as far as declaring that it is only those who obey His commandments that indeed love Him, and in those that He and the His Father will dwell inside of. undecided

John 14 vs 23-24 (ERV)
23. Jesus answered, “All who love me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them. My Father and I will come to them and live with them.
24. But anyone who does not love me does not obey my teaching. This teaching that you hear is not really mine. It is from my Father who sent me.
Re: Explaining 2 Corinthians 3:6 by budaatum: 8:51pm On Mar 09, 2021

Thankfully, some are led by the spirit. So they must be subject to different demands than mere obedience. For as Christ said, the Law is made for humans, and not humans for the laws.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Asks Church Members To Drink His Bath Water / A Pastor's Life! / Only God's Opinion Matters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.