Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,225 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today (1826 Views)

Take Your Children To Their Father Or Else - Man Tells Wife (pic/video) / I Will Make My Children To Marry At 16 If They Start Misbehaving - Lady / The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:54pm On Mar 04, 2021
I just stumbled on a document containing listings of some top schools in Lagos State and the cost of school fees.

I've been grinning from ear to ear, and I don't even know why. LOL.

I know that there are way more affordable schools, but then again, some parents just want the best of the best.

All of you who have more than 3 kids in schools like this you guys are trying.

A part of me still feels like I'll relocate from Lagos when I'm ready to raise a family, because what extravagance!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by braunny(m): 2:56pm On Mar 04, 2021
.na wah oh
Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 04, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
I just stumbled on a document containing listings of some top schools in Lagos State and the cost of school fees.

I've been grinning from ear to ear, and I don't even know why. LOL.

I know that there are way more affordable schools, but then again, some parents just want the best of the best.

All of you who have more than 3 kids in schools like this you guys are trying.

A part of me still feels like I'll relocate from Lagos when I'm ready to raise a family, because what extravagance!

when you have the money...it's nothing. I know a man that has all his four kids in American international school. E no shake am at all. In fact he pays all at once.

But me Mejiloyon. Make the money dey flow like water I no fit. I'd rather just send you abroad. Kids in these schools are usually very spoilt. My very first secondary school was quite expensive. Na there I first see toto live. Na there I learn how to japa comot for school. Na there I learn how to carry chukuli....exoo... I dull sotay dem nearly name me dolapo. (No offense intended)I spoil finish. Mama discover send me go one community school. By the time wey cane touch my ogor my brain reset. Literally I started using my brain. Scores improved. They brought out the genius in me. Fee. 200 naira and it was for PTA.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:59pm On Mar 04, 2021
MejiLoyon:
when you have the money...it's nothing. I know a man that has all his four kids in

Of course, it's nothing when you have the money.
The first school there has an annual tuition of over 20m!

Middle class families try to send their kids to schools like Chrisland and Corona.

I have a colleague who has three kids... two in Corona, one in Chrisland. That's a total of almost 5m annually. It certainly can't be easy. Before you begin to add rent and feeding and all other expenses.

4 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by SeaTrade(m): 3:52pm On Mar 04, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

Middle class families try to send their kids to schools like Chrisland and Corona.

I have a colleague who has three kids... two in Corona, one in Chrisland. That's a total of almost 5m annually. It certainly can't be easy. Before you begin to add rent and feeding and all other expenses.

No even bother with that idiot,they always know someone but it's never them undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by mutter(f): 4:09pm On Mar 04, 2021
This is no good enough!ly
Government should put a restriction. A kind of limkit unless it is an international school. -

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by SeaTrade(m): 4:12pm On Mar 04, 2021
mutter:
Government should put a restriction. A kind of limkit unless it is an international school. -
Why should government put a restriction?Care to tell us?
Ever heard of the word capitalism before? undecided
Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by Mindlog: 4:29pm On Mar 04, 2021
mutter:

Those are private schools and no one is forced to send their children there, those who are comfortable with the fees and the standard of education offered there are free to enrol their children there. Government should rather focus its attention to upgrading the public school system which sadly its officials have little or no motivation to do so because their children attend those upscale schools.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:44pm On Mar 04, 2021
The funniest thing is that in advanced societies, your kids will get the best education from primary level to university level for absolutely free. How does one pay school fees of 5 million naira per annum on a salary of 500k which most people don't even earn? Isn't it only 8 percent of workers that earn above 150k a month. Me I can never have kids in Africa. I love my unborn children so much to bring them to misery.

6 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by SeaTrade(m): 4:47pm On Mar 04, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
The funniest thing is that in advanced societies, your kids will get the best education from primary level to university level for absolutely free. How does one pay school fees of 5 million naira per annum on a salary of 500k which most people don't even earn? Isn't it only 8 percent of workers that earn above 150k a month. Me I can never have kids in Africa. I love my unborn children so much to bring them to misery.
I will celebrate the day you leave Nigeria with your generation.
We need less failures like your lineage so the west can continue to have people like you abeg,
Funny thing is I doubt a failure like you will even still succeed in the west where it takes real brains to make a difference,las Las you turn corporate dog feeding hand to mouth till eternity with your bald head,
Ode!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by Sulele04(m): 4:56pm On Mar 04, 2021
SeaTrade:
We need less failures like your lineage so the west can continue to have people like you abeg,
Funny thing is I doubt a failure like you will even still succeed in the west where it takes real brains to make a difference,las Las you turn corporate dog feeding hand to mouth till eternity with your bald head,
Ode!
Must you be a jerk, I understand you are an iliterate but you don't have to be a jerk ffs angry.

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:59pm On Mar 04, 2021
Sulele04:

Must you be a jerk, I understand you are an iliterate but you don't have to be a jerk ffs angry.
There are so many frustrated people on nairaland. I wanted replying that but it's not worth my time.

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by InfernoNig: 5:03pm On Mar 04, 2021
That is cool money. Let me be their treasurer.

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by lordally(m): 5:27pm On Mar 04, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

CONFIRM!!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by WestAfricaan: 6:01pm On Mar 04, 2021
After paying so much from primary school to secondary school and to university level, the government will now tell you to go back to farming or learning Barbing....

the devil literally lives in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by mutter(f): 6:39pm On Mar 04, 2021
SeaTrade:
Why should government put a restriction?Care to tell us?
Ever heard of the word capitalism before? undecided
Even a capital state can afford to be social.
When prices escalate ridiculously then the government can control it.

2 Likes

Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by SeaTrade(m): 6:45pm On Mar 04, 2021
mutter:

Even a capital state can afford to be social.
When prices escalate ridiculously then the govr can control it.
The government has controlled it by providing public schools na.

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by Oizee(f): 8:15pm On Mar 04, 2021
tensazangetsu20:
I wanted replying that but it's not worth my time.
nice one.....
Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by MisterRuk(m): 9:30pm On Mar 04, 2021
If you have the money to send your children to all these schools, please do! These big schools mean serious business. Some of their curriculums and activities are more advanced than most our conventional schools. They have better teachers, better learning materials, and a better learning environment . During the lockdown most of these institutions had the resources to continue having classes while other conventional schools were still cracking their brain on how to pay their staffs. At the end these schools create would-be Harvard materials, that's why our politicians send their children their children there.
Don't listen to those people who try to demean these private schools. "The man who cannot afford catfish will always say it's too slippery for him to eat"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 04, 2021
Sulele04:

He's not an illiterate. That man is more logical than you and your friend will ever be.

Only weak people run away from their country when no one is pursuing them.

You want a ready made environment as long as you have junk to eat and light to watch TV.

That's weakness. Learn from the master and accept that you and your friend are weak.

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by Sulele04(m): 10:45pm On Mar 04, 2021
ethicallyright:

He's not an illiterate. That man is more logical than you and your friend will ever be.

Only weak people run away from their country when no one is pursuing them.

You want a ready made environment as long as you have junk to eat and light to watch TV.

That's weakness. Learn from the master and accept that you and your friend are weak.
Excuse me sir, Everybody has a right to their opinion you can't force your opinion on others why are you taking shots at me did I offend you in any way undecided.

Moreso that was not the reason I referred to him as an illiterate, what was the need for the insults, my friend only aired his opinion if he had a problem with it he could actually say it without being insultive.
I repeat that niggar is not educated.
Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 04, 2021
SeaTrade:
Ode!

You give me a thousand and one reasons to adore you every time despite your imperfections, sir.

I hope the guy you scolded becomes stronger. Only weak and entitled people run away from their country when no one is pursuing them. It gets worse when they brag about it like it's an achievement.

There are no plantations today like three hundred years ago but everything in this brain-drain arrangement reeks modified slavery.

People who support this emigration craze can be likened to pets. All they want in life is food to eat and light to watch TV. They want a welfarist system because they love to be spoon-fed.

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by Nobody: 10:50pm On Mar 04, 2021
Sulele04:

Excuse me sir, Everybody has a right to their opinion you can't force your opinion on others why are you taking shots at me did I offend you in any way undecided.

Moreso that was not the reason I referred to him as an illiterate, what was the need for the insults, my friend only aired his opinion if he had a problem with it he could actually say it without being insultive.
I repeat that niggar is not educated.

Your friend has the habit of insulting people online. I've schooled him a couple of times. That was the best approach to correct his weak genes.
Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by Nobody: 11:06pm On Mar 04, 2021
SeaTrade:
The government has controlled it by providing public schools na.

Not in America , Canada, China or the United Kingdom will an individual pursue a degree in Medicine or Pharmacy with less than 2 million naira or its equivalent.

Tertiary education in Nigeria is heavily subsidized. American students have to take student loans to further their education. Most of them fail to pay these loans throughout their lives.

Student loans , which is the contemporary form of feudalism, is so bad that no American Presidential aspirant fails to mention it in his campaign manifesto. No matter how these politcians attempt to correct this injustice, millions of adults remain indebted throughout their lives because they took student loans due to expensive education.

Nigeria subsidizes education because it wants to shorten the illiteracy gap between this country and the west. Everytime a medical doctor or pharmacist migrates after completing his medical degree in Nigeria, he or she is cheating Nigeria of at least 20 million naira that was used to subsidize his / her education.

If their parents were not wealthy or they didn't get a scholarship, they would never get the opportunity to be medical doctors abroad without Nigeria subsidizing their medical education.

It's bad for Nigeria when these people migrate because it would mean that Nigeria spent billions to subsidize education for people to service the economy of a richer Country that would never pay half of that to let them have that medical degree.

If this trend continues among young people, then Nigeria should go fully capitalist and eliminate that aspect of welfarism in the country's educational system. I know the aim of increasing the literacy level will be defeated but at least Nigeria will save billions of naira they lose to other countries when these professionals migrate.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by SeaTrade(m): 12:13am On Mar 05, 2021
ethicallyright:

Not in America , Canada, China or the United Kingdom will an individual pursue a degree in Medicine or Pharmacy with less than 2 million naira or its equivalent.

Tertiary education in Nigeria is heavily subsidized. American students have to take student loans to further their education. Most of them fail to pay these loans throughout their lives.

Student loans , which is the contemporary form of feudalism, is so bad that no American Presidential aspirant fails to mention it in his campaign manifesto. No matter how these politcians attempt to correct this injustice, millions of adults remain indebted throughout their lives because they took student loans due to expensive education.

Nigeria subsidizes education because it wants to shorten the illiteracy gap between this country and the west. Everytime a medical doctor or pharmacist migrates after completing his medical degree in Nigeria, he or she is cheating Nigeria of at least 20 million naira that was used to subsidize his / her education.

If their parents were not wealthy or they didn't get a scholarship, they would never get the opportunity to be medical doctors abroad without Nigeria subsidizing their medical education.

It's bad for Nigeria when these people migrate because it would mean that Nigeria spent billions to subsidize education for people to service the economy of a richer Country that would never pay half of that to let them have that medical degree.

If this trend continues among young people, then Nigeria should go fully capitalist and eliminate that aspect of welfarism in the country's educational system. I know the aim of increasing the literacy level will be defeated but at least Nigeria will save billions of naira they lose to other countries when these professionals migrate.
You're smart.
Personally I've been pushing for a complete removal of education subsidy in Nigeria.
All these people will just come and have an almost free education and think they can run to the west.
It's either they are held accountable to pay before they travel out by creating a good computer system to keep that in check or if they can't create such,they eliminate education subsidy.
Atleast if people are made to pay accordingly for education,our schools won't be this bad because the centralist system of government funding schools will be eliminated and the school will make enough funds to run itself from its students and remit the remaining balance to government as it's even suppose to be,
Ie schools will even be a source of income to government.
Nigeria needs a capitalist president honestly, just that sometimes I pity poor people as policies like these will so much widen poverty gap.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by SeaTrade(m): 12:19am On Mar 05, 2021
ethicallyright:

You give me a thousand and one reasons to adore you every time despite your imperfections, sir.

I hope the guy you scolded becomes stronger. Only weak and entitled people run away from their country when no one is pursuing them. It gets worse when they brag about it like it's an achievement.

There are no plantations today like three hundred years ago but everything in this brain-drain arrangement reeks modified slavery.

People who support this emigration craze can be likened to pets. All they want in life is food to eat and light to watch TV. They want a welfarist system because they love to be spoon-fed.
That guy is just a weak,daft leech of a man.
I've never seen someone as weak as he is and trust me,I've known and have been observing him for a long time.
Sounds like someone who has just given up on life and is highly devoid of logic.
Go through his posts and see how much of a calamity and doomsday prophet he has been.
He failed in business once(due to his stupidity and naivety) and since then we never rest for his hands.
Whining like a little bitch of a man all the time,
I will drink champagne the day the entitled prick finally gets a visa to leave and go breed more weak people overseas abeg,we need more resilient people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by Living05: 4:42am On Mar 05, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Kids in these schools are usually very spoilt. My very first secondary school was quite expensive. Na there I first see toto live. Na there I learn how to japa comot for school. Na there I learn how to carry chukuli....exoo... I dull sotay dem nearly name me dolapo. (No offense intended)I spoil finish. Mama discover send me go one community school. By the time wey cane touch my ogor my brain reset. Literally I started using my brain. Scores improved. They brought out the genius in me. Fee. 200 naira and it was for PTA.

Kids in expensive schools are usually spoilt but community school kids are not?
Everything you experienced in your expensive school is obtainable in 'not so expensive schools' money permitting
Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by Mide3367: 6:39pm On Mar 05, 2021
Na wa o
Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by FreeSpirited: 11:51pm On Mar 05, 2021
MejiLoyon:
when you have the money...it's nothing. I know a man that has all his four kids in American international school. E no shake am at all. In fact he pays all at once.

But me Mejiloyon. Make the money dey flow like water I no fit. I'd rather just send you abroad. Kids in these schools are usually very spoilt. My very first secondary school was quite expensive. Na there I first see toto live. Na there I learn how to japa comot for school. Na there I learn how to carry chukuli....exoo... I dull sotay dem nearly name me dolapo. (No offense intended)I spoil finish. Mama discover send me go one community school. By the time wey cane touch my ogor my brain reset. Literally I started using my brain. Scores improved. They brought out the genius in me. Fee. 200 naira and it was for PTA.
The 200 naira part made me laugh....makes me remember my own story too...in my own case it was 300 naira...

1 Like

Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by LegitGirl(f): 10:03am On Mar 06, 2021
MisterRuk:
If you have the money to send your children to all these schools, please do! These big schools mean serious business. Some of their curriculums and activities are more advanced than most our conventional schools. They have better teachers, better learning materials, and a better learning environment . During the lockdown most of these institutions had the resources to continue having classes while other conventional schools were still cracking their brain on how to pay their staffs. At the end these schools create would-be Harvard materials, that's why our politicians send their children their children there.
Don't listen to those people who try to demean these private schools. "The man who cannot afford catfish will always say it's too slippery for him to eat"

You get it! I'm waiting for people to say that there are more affordable schools. True, more affordable schools, but do they have the quality and calibre of social networks that going to better schools will afford your kids?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by Ishilove: 10:10am On Mar 06, 2021
PrimadonnaO:

How can one be paying 5m annually and still be living in a rented house? That is foolishness, IMO
Re: The Reality Of Sending Children To Schools In Lagos Today by SeaTrade(m): 10:15am On Mar 06, 2021
Ishilove:

How can one be paying 5m annually and still be living in a rented house? That is foolishness, IMO
Becausr these people paying 5m fees can't stay in your kind of environment and at the same time can't afford to buy property in the kind of environment suitable for them.
In essence, these are not the kind of people you expect to be rubbing shoulders with you in Gbagada and so on...know this and be enlightened.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Your Girlfriend Send U This Letter How Will U Feel? / Would You Do This If You Were Offered $20million? (Shocking replies) / My Parent Rejected My Spouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.