Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

The Incessant Killing Of Our Soldiers By BH - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Incessant Killing Of Our Soldiers By BH (835 Views)

Army Reacts To Gruesome Murder Of Two Soldiers By IPOB/ESN / Soldiers Burn Houses In Ohafia, Abia Over Death Of 7 Soldiers By Unknown Gunmen / Amry Denies Killing Of 30 Soldiers By Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Incessant Killing Of Our Soldiers By BH by Kiddyong123ayo(m): 4:17pm On Mar 04, 2021
The Nigerian Army should be ashamed of itself as a whole entity, the force went from being the most sophisticated on the continent, to shambles.

Our brave officers complain of being equipped with obsolete weapons when compared to what these insurgents possess. How can boko haram be more funded than a whole military.

Its like a game of Cat and Mouse. Today army retake a town, next week the insurgents come back on an offensive to retake the town, and trust the casualties to be high.

Go to barracks all around the country, obituary posters of young vibrant guys are littered all around. It's like a joke, this week a family is crying over the loss of their soldier son, next week one of the sympathizers is mourning over their own. It's that bad

The solution I feel is that, what happened in Zimbabwe should happen in this country. A group of Soldiers with a little ambitijn should overthrow this our Supreme Leader because, he is just too clueless and does not know what to do again.

This country is bigger than any persons personal political ambition and no one is entitled to become the president, even if you have contested for the past 16 years, you are not entitled, only if you see yourself as a vessel and stop looking at yourself as the alpha and omega, that when you are deserving of contesting for presidency.

So to all those politicians already brandishing their daggers pre-2023, all I will say is FORGET IT.
TINUBU
EL RUFAI
ATIKU
BAGUDU
TUNDE BAKARE
UMAHI
SOWORE
ETC.

just to name a few....

This country will not be ruined more than this, we are watching
Re: The Incessant Killing Of Our Soldiers By BH by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:20pm On Mar 04, 2021
OUR soldiers? Na you and who follow get the soldiers ?

You did not list Yahya Bello I just saw his campaign poster in Bayelsa state
Re: The Incessant Killing Of Our Soldiers By BH by Kiddyong123ayo(m): 4:27pm On Mar 04, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:
OUR soldiers? Na you and who follow get the soldiers ?

You did not list Yahya Bello I just saw his campaign poster in Bayelsa state

They are our soldiers no matter what, this country must be better by fire by thunder by brimstone. A generation is 30 years, we are in 2021, that is the last generation count was 1991, now Look at Nigeria then and now, are things getting better? Hell no

What will remain of the country in another 30 years, 2051, whether we like it or not, slowly but surely it will come. Will we still be throwing blames around
Re: The Incessant Killing Of Our Soldiers By BH by dollytino4real(f): 4:32pm On Mar 04, 2021
southern soldiers more compare to their northern soldiers dem push come south to enjoy and buy cars
Re: The Incessant Killing Of Our Soldiers By BH by DuBLINGreenb(m): 4:54pm On Mar 04, 2021
Kiddyong123ayo:

They are our soldiers no matter what, this country must be better by fire by thunder by brimstone. A generation is 30 years, we are in 2021, that is the last generation count was 1991, now Look at Nigeria then and now, are things getting better? Hell no

What will remain of the country in another 30 years, 2051, whether we like it or not, slowly but surely it will come. Will we still be throwing blames around

Big big talk those soldiers have no regard and respect for the normal citizens they are paid to protect, I'm sure you already know this, but somehow they have regard and fear for boko haram fighters why can't they do what they did to Our beloved Odi to Sambisa

Last year or two I was driving these idiots used koboko and where seriously trying to damage my side mirror despite the fact that I was at a T junction and I gave way for them to pass they still damaged my vehicle I wondered to myself did they expect me to vanish, fly or speed the way they were speeding instead of parking to the side for them to pass?

Down south these lunatics always have strength to maltreat people but I've seen them up north very calm even at the airport in Kano and Abuja when I greet them they quickly bow and reply but in the south they are very hostile they are always looking for who to beat,extort, maltreat etc

I remember the time of Militancy in Rivers state my God they dealt with young boys even Timaya experienced it they shaved his head, boys rolled in gutter, elderly people frog jumped for no reason at all just because they wanted to show you they can do it.
I wondered to myself, is it that these lunatics don't know where the militants were? They were in the creeks, even Google maps can help you locate their hideouts but no way.

Innocent people were who they went after, carrying young men to barracks to be beating and even killed

Girls who don't greet or accept their advances were also not spared

You obviously know about their blocking of roads and their needless show of animalistic tendencies

I reject such lunatics as my people

2 Likes

Re: The Incessant Killing Of Our Soldiers By BH by heendrix(m): 5:46pm On Mar 04, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

Big big talk those soldiers have no regard and respect for the normal citizens they are paid to protect, I'm sure you already know this, but somehow they have regard and fear for boko haram fighters why can't they do what they did to Our beloved Odi to Sambisa

Last year or two I was driving these idiots used koboko and where seriously trying to damage my side mirror despite the fact that I was at a T junction and I gave way for them to pass they still damaged my vehicle I wondered to myself did they expect me to vanish, fly or speed the way they were speeding instead of parking to the side for them to pass?

Down south these lunatics always have strength to maltreat people but I've seen them up north very calm even at the airport in Kano and Abuja when I greet them they quickly bow and reply but in the south they are very hostile they are always looking for who to beat,extort, maltreat etc

I remember the time of Militancy in Rivers state my God they dealt with young boys even Timaya experienced it they shaved his head, boys rolled in gutter, elderly people frog jumped for no reason at all just because they wanted to show you they can do it.
I wondered to myself, is it that these lunatics don't know where the militants were? They were in the creeks, even Google maps can help you locate their hideouts but no way.

Innocent people were who they went after, carrying young men to barracks to be beating and even killed

You obviously know about their blocking of roads and their needless show of animalistic tendencies

That's the military for you oga ur criticism should be why they're always seen amongst civilians

Military ain't trained to be of a soft heart but Tough, heartless and Beasty
Re: The Incessant Killing Of Our Soldiers By BH by TrueNigerian300: 6:11pm On Mar 04, 2021
heendrix:

That's the military for you oga ur criticism should be why they're always seen amongst civilians

That is military in a useless country like Nigeria, soldiers don't try that nonsense in advanced country. The guy made a valid point but you counter it to suit yourself. Majority of them are truly animals who do not understand their job. The civilians are responsible for your pay from their taxes and yet you oppress them. In sane clime uniform men are respected and not feared; Nigerians do not respect them but fear their gun.
Re: The Incessant Killing Of Our Soldiers By BH by heendrix(m): 7:04pm On Mar 04, 2021
TrueNigerian300:

That is military in a useless country like Nigeria, soldiers don't try that nonsense in advanced country. The guy made a valid point but you counter it to suit yourself. Majority of them are truly animals who do not understand their job. The civilians are responsible for your pay from their taxes and yet you oppress them. In sane clime uniform men are respected and not feared; Nigerians do not respect them but fear their gun.

The Question you should ask you is that do Nigerians behave advanced?? What you gabbage in is what you get and that includes Nigerians behaving like Humans themselves and these Force men would be forced either they like it or not to behave advanced. In a nutshell an Average civilian is a reflection of what an average Nigerian military is if not oya lie you've never thought of using Army to pick up someone who offend you or prolly scammed you! If you've onced thought of it even without carrying out the act you're part such reflection
Re: The Incessant Killing Of Our Soldiers By BH by Kiddyong123ayo(m): 7:25pm On Mar 04, 2021
Indeed the military is a mirror reflection of the average civilian, remember they were once civilians before they collected badge and uniform.

I think a thorough mentality check and orientation citing their duties and what is expected of them should be applied to their training.

But seriously this our land is going ooo, and we need to WAKE UP
Re: The Incessant Killing Of Our Soldiers By BH by DuBLINGreenb(m): 7:32pm On Mar 04, 2021
heendrix:

That's not true, that is not how militaries are supposed to behave, it is not like that elsewhere.

Go to USA and see their military, go to France, go anywhere in Europe and see go to south Africa and the middle east
People actually respect their military because the military respects them, I have 2 relatives both girls currently serving in Israel they are half Israeli half Nigerian and have to do their compulsory Military service, the Israelis respect them infact every Israeli citizen is a trained military personnel all of them.

When you see the military pass they always thank them. You'll hear ''thank you for your service".
Immediately they know you are a military man, after pregnant women you'll board next, they have military discounts in stores. The military get all these because they respect themselves and their people.

Many countries across the world, their military live amongst the people they don't have barracks USA, Israel are good examples, barracks is even a foolish thing. If the enemy knows where all your military men reside by searching on Google maps is it not easy to defeat you? Bomb the place via drone, via fighter jet, by any means and just like that you've wiped off an entire barracks of soldiers, barracks is not meant to be permanent abode with the military man or woman and their families it meant to be for only the military men and women used when they want to go for war or whatever engagement they call them to barracks or when they want to train them and reinforce discipline and all other stuff to avoid them becoming rusty.

Military men should know when to be military men and when they are interacting with civilians.

The fact that you are a military man is not an excuse to be an animal.

Military men used to be called gentlemen, men in uniform, uniformed men, etc not barbarian.

I don't pity Nigerian military men at all at all when they kpai because I know how the average Nigerian military man is.

Around the world civilian wear camouflage in Nigeria when army see anything that nearly looks like cammo on you, they'll unleash their lunacy on you. On my way to Abuja airport I boarded bolt and had this face mask (actually a baclava) it was not camo even the colour was red and yellow and the military man saw it he came to enquire and see it more closely when he saw me I'm sure he was thinking "e be like this wan for get money or fit know people" he asked me about it I showed him he waved go.
In the USA what we call armed forces day you'll see civilians wearing full cammo. You'll see people whose parents were military men and women wearing their uniforms and the military men will even be smiling with them taking pics with them showing them around military facilities and telling them how brave their parents were

We have become so used to being dehumanised that we now see ourselves as animals that cannot coexist together,we have to separate them the wild animals(Nigerian soldiers) from us (Nigerian civilians) the domestic animals.

With such a perspective on the issue it is abundantly clear that we are our own problem.

If you study rules of engagement or UN charter you'll know that we don't have soldiers we have mad men with guns, according to the rules guiding war if an enemy raises up white flag or surrenders you stop our "soldiers" don't have that restraint to stop. You are not supposed to kill civilians look at what happened to Odi till today noone has been held accountable. Imagine British soldiers stroked Britain and killed British people and burnt down parts of England or Wales or wherever imagine what would have happened. Here nothing we see it as normal. What a shame
Re: The Incessant Killing Of Our Soldiers By BH by Slimslimqq: 7:38pm On Mar 04, 2021
heendrix:

The Question you should ask you is that do Nigerians behave advanced?? What you gabbage in is what you get and that includes Nigerians behaving like Humans themselves and these Force men would be forced either they like it or not to behave advanced. In a nutshell an Average civilian is a reflection of what an average Nigerian military is if not oya lie you've never thought of using Army to pick up someone who offend you or prolly scammed you! If you've onced thought of it even without carrying out the act you're part such reflection
don't mind him. he's saying they are using their tax to pay military men. in advanced countries how much do military men earn? how much do Nigerian military earn? can he do the jobs Nigeria military do against those insurgent with the amount they earn? we should learn to respect out own, this guys are dying for us, they are the reason we are not fighting terrorist ourselves. between the military and the terrorist, who do u think is d coward? the terrorist have made the forest their stronghold, while the military will step on booby traps, gun and bomb fights before they can smoke out this cowards. but here we are, the civilians, always downgrading what we should vie for... only if u can die for 50k, then go to sambisa forest to smoke out the terrorist and fight them, then u will understand the sacrifices of our soldiers.
Re: The Incessant Killing Of Our Soldiers By BH by Slimslimqq: 7:47pm On Mar 04, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

That's not true, that is not how militaries are supposed to behave, it is not like that elsewhere.

Go to USA and see their military, go to France, go anywhere in Europe and see go to south Africa and the middle east
People actually respect their military because the military respects them, I have 2 relatives both girls currently serving in Israel they are half Israeli half Nigerian and have to do their compulsory Military service, the Israelis respect them infact every Israeli citizen is a trained military personnel all of them.

When you see the military pass they always thank them. You'll hear ''thank you for your service".
Immediately they know you are a military man, after pregnant women you'll board next, they have military discounts in stores. The military get all these because they respect themselves and their people.

Many countries across the world, their military live amongst the people they don't have barracks USA, Israel are good examples, barracks is even a foolish thing. If the enemy knows where all your military men reside by searching on Google maps is it not easy to defeat you? Bomb the place via drone, via fighter jet, by any means and just like that you've wiped off an entire barracks of soldiers, barracks is not meant to be permanent abode with the military man or woman and their families it meant to be for only the military men and women used when they want to go for war or whatever engagement they call them to barracks or when they want to train them and reinforce discipline and all other stuff to avoid them becoming rusty.

Military men should know when to be military men and when they are interacting with civilians.

The fact that you are a military man is not an excuse to be an animal.

Military men used to be called gentlemen, men in uniform, uniformed men, etc not barbarian.

I don't pity Nigerian military men at all at all when they kpai because I know how the average Nigerian military man is.

Around the world civilian wear camouflage in Nigeria when army see anything that nearly looks like cammo on you, they'll unleash their lunacy on you. On my way to Abuja airport I boarded bolt and had this face mask (actually a baclava) it was not camo even the colour was red and yellow and the military man saw it he came to enquire and see it more closely when he saw me I'm sure he was thinking "e be like this wan for get money or fit know people" he asked me about it I showed him he waved go.
In the USA what we call armed forces day you'll see civilians wearing full cammo. You'll see people whose parents were military men and women wearing their uniforms and the military men will even be smiling with them taking pics with them showing them around military facilities and telling them how brave their parents were

We have become so used to being dehumanised that we now see ourselves as animals that cannot coexist together,we have to separate them the wild animals(Nigerian soldiers) from us (Nigerian civilians) the domestic animals.

With such a perspective on the issue it is abundantly clear that we are our own problem.

If you study rules of engagement or UN charter you'll know that we don't have soldiers we have mad men with guns, according to the rules guiding war if an enemy raises up white flag or surrenders you stop our "soldiers" don't have that restraint to stop. You are not supposed to kill civilians look at what happened to Odi till today noone has been held accountable. Imagine British soldiers stroked Britain and killed British people and burnt down parts of England or Wales or wherever imagine what would have happened. Here nothing we see it as normal. What a shame
you are a hypocrite...
those countries u mentioned, do u know how much their military are paid? do u know the benefits of they get as military personnel? do u know how much Nigeria soldiers are paid and benefits? if u feel Nigeria soldiers are bad, why cant u also join them at least u ain't handicapped and earn whatever they are benefiting, and try to make them as good as d countries u mentioned. u want to compare the livelihood of white races to blacks? really?
Re: The Incessant Killing Of Our Soldiers By BH by heendrix(m): 10:27pm On Mar 04, 2021
@ DuBLINGreenb ion know where to start from replying you but I'll try

Firstly, Just like I told the guy above me what we gabbage in is what we get, over there Military folks respect it's people cuz the citizens themselves are Civil and advanced people I'll say and you really can't use that to weigh or compare that to Nigeria especially n just like a guy was saying 80% of Nigerians are naturally mad people and Bigger violence is what's needed to make them Law abiding. Take for instance, why is that Nigerians despite the presence of Traffic police yet would still go against traffic rule that would make police themselves tired and make them let everyone do as they want, Have you seen a military man controls traffic even without guns Bfr?? do they born anybody well to go against traffic?? No they dare not and that's I'm telling you Nigerians themselves are not Civil to expect civility from the Military

That Being said, Do you know Nigerian Army are killed more by Nigerians that they've been killed fighting a war?? a robber seeing a military man going on his own but would decide to waste bullet why? cuz he just want the uniform man dead even when he isn't a threat to him or got guns with him and ion think you find things as this overseas. Just take a look at what happened at Zaki biam 2001 Hoodlums killing Armies and Videoing it and rejoice when doing such like does it make any sense at all??

Talking bout Militaries not having Barracks overseas, Sorry for being blunt that's a blatant lie sir. Our blames should go to our Government for not providing counter measure to drone and jet attacks at our Barracks. US got military base, British got to and every country got

Talking bout You not pitying military men that's very wrong sir, if for nothing at all but cuz they got families that cares about them and cuz when a fight break they stand n fight for us. imagine no military presence in Maiduguri, Just imagine

Lastly, Slimslimqq said something bout being poorly funded and underpaid with no special package like how you said discount for military personnel overseas. How do you expect a military man who earns 50k who's got families n i heard some even buy uniform themselves n boot. How do you expect men like that to be Civil after all the sacrifice Nigerians still kill them??

Crowning it all, Anytime you got to curse a military man direct ur curses to our leaders that has made a mess of Generations n Generations to come Crude oil go become useless in less than 10years time let's just watch what becomes of Nigeria after then
Re: The Incessant Killing Of Our Soldiers By BH by Tumbulum: 10:45pm On Mar 04, 2021
Slimslimqq:
you are a hypocrite...
those countries u mentioned, do u know how much their military are paid? do u know the benefits of they get as military personnel? do u know how much Nigeria soldiers are paid and benefits? if u feel Nigeria soldiers are bad, why cant u also join them at least u ain't handicapped and earn whatever they are benefiting, and try to make them as good as d countries u mentioned. u want to compare the livelihood of white races to blacks? really?
oga shut up and dont be stupid....no one forced anybody to enter the military. Believe me our army is not well behaved and in fact can be regarded as one of the worst in the world. How can our military derive so much joy in dehumanizing people especially in the south.
Re: The Incessant Killing Of Our Soldiers By BH by TrueNigerian300: 10:55pm On Mar 04, 2021
heendrix:

Well you have a point they are a reflection of the average everyday nigerians.
But I will never call on soldier on anyone what for? If you have done you have to stop it as it is barbaric and very oppressive.
Re: The Incessant Killing Of Our Soldiers By BH by Nigeriadondie1: 12:44am On Mar 05, 2021
DuBLINGreenb:

Nice write up. I hate the military and I can tell u they deserve what they get.
https://mobile.twitter.com/yarkafanchan/status/1362387645184245760

1 Like

Re: The Incessant Killing Of Our Soldiers By BH by Slimslimqq: 8:11am On Mar 05, 2021
Tumbulum:
oga shut up and dont be stupid....no one forced anybody to enter the military. Believe me our army is not well behaved and in fact can be regarded as one of the worst in the world. How can our military derive so much joy in dehumanizing people especially in the south.
lol, this is why I called Nigerians hypocrite. u are saying, did anybody force them to join the military? if no one joined the military, I wondered where u would be today, I wonder how u would be able to feed urselves and loved ones. you are a coward just like the terrorist seeking shelter In d forest. also, u only see the negative side but we do not see d positive side.
when a war breaks out in Nigeria, then u will understand the importance of ur military all along.
Re: The Incessant Killing Of Our Soldiers By BH by Tumbulum: 8:20am On Mar 05, 2021
Slimslimqq:
lol, this is why I called Nigerians hypocrite. u are saying, did anybody force them to join the military? if no one joined the military, I wondered where u would be today, I wonder how u would be able to feed urselves and loved ones. you are a coward just like the terrorist seeking shelter In d forest. also, u only see the negative side but we do not see d positive side.
when a war breaks out in Nigeria, then u will understand the importance of ur military all along.
shut up and stop being stupid.. Because there is no excuse for military brutality. Which country in the world has a military that will derive joy in invading their villages killing women and children for flimsy excuses? Even the worst country in terms of human right do not go to such extremes( eg North Korea). You can massage your ego till death it wont change my opinion that Nigeria military is worst in the world no wonder they run away whenever they meet their match.
If war breaks out in Nigeria, the military will not make any difference because at the moment Nigeria is internally at war with itself and the military cannot do anything to stop it.
You guys should stop this crazy mentality of accepting to be treated less than human. No military has right to dehumanize if he is the chief of army staff and until you understand this and speak out, they will continue in their silly part.
Re: The Incessant Killing Of Our Soldiers By BH by Slimslimqq: 8:25am On Mar 05, 2021
Tumbulum:
shut up and stop being stupid.. Because there is no excuse for military brutality. Which country in the world has a military that will derive joy in invading their villages killing women and children for flimsy excuses? Even the worst country in terms of human right do not go to such extremes( eg North Korea). You can massage your ego till death it wont change my opinion that Nigeria military is worst in the world no wonder they run away whenever they meet their match.
If war breaks out in Nigeria, the military will not make any difference because at the moment Nigeria is internally at war with itself and the military cannot do anything to stop it.
You guys should stop this crazy mentality of accepting to be treated less than human. No military has right to dehumanize if he is the chief of army staff and until you understand this and speak out, they will continue in their silly part.
oga, how many times have u been dehumanized in ur village because u did nothing wrong.. u are only looking for flimsy excuse to back ur claims. I won't quote u again, u know what u know, likewise me
Re: The Incessant Killing Of Our Soldiers By BH by Tumbulum: 8:27am On Mar 05, 2021
Slimslimqq:
oga, how many times have u been dehumanized in ur village because u did nothing wrong.. u are only looking for flimsy excuse to back ur claims. I won't quote u again, u know what u know, likewise me
I dont need to be dehumanized to know that people are being dehumanized all over Nigeria especially southern Nigeria. Obigbo,orlu and odi is till fresh in my memory. These moves by the militray are to be condemned by any sane thinking human being.

(1) (Reply)

My Advice To IPOB / Why Is Gowon Silent Nowadays? / Photos Of Arrested IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu In Handcuffs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.