Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan (3554 Views)

White Witches Back Jonathan To Beat Buhari / Afenifere, Ohanaeze Back Jonathan’s Declaration / South-south, South-east Governors Back Jonathan, Condemn Northern Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 1:54am On Apr 12, 2011
ABUJA—PPRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan’s run for the 2011 presidency took another major leap, yesterday, with Igbo leaders in the 19 northern states endorsing his candidature for Saturday’s presidential election.

At a courtesy call on the President in State House, the delegation of over forty leaders of Igbo community associations in the 19 northern states commended President Jonathan for stabilizing the nation at a critical juncture of its history, noting that his administrative dexterity and egalitarian posture had endeared him to the hearts of not only the Igbo people but all Nigerians nationwide.

Mr. Oge Ogechukwu of the FCT chapter who spoke on behalf of others said the President’s detribalized stance has opened a vista of equal opportunities for all Nigerians.

While assuring that Igbos in the northern states and nationwide will vote en masse for the President come Saturday, Ogechukwu said: “We will go to the hinterland to mobilise all our people that Mr. President must be made to stay in Aso Rock.”

The group urged the President to take more stringent measures to ensure security of lives and property of all Nigerians.

President Jonathan thanked the delegation for endorsing him and said his administration in a fresh four year mandate will engender a nation where all Nigerians will pursue their aspirations without fear of molestation or discrimination.

The President promised to pursue the unity and development of the country at all times, noting that “development and poverty do not speak ethnic languages.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/04/igbo-leaders-in-north-back-jonathan/
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by skullbaba: 1:10pm On Apr 12, 2011
tribalism
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by ChinenyeN(m): 1:12pm On Apr 12, 2011
These people are at it again, I see.

skullbaba:

tribalism
Mind explaining how?
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by skullbaba: 2:02pm On Apr 12, 2011
igbo supporting igbo in northern state.what is that ? before i call you a fool
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by ChinenyeN(m): 2:13pm On Apr 12, 2011
hmm. . . but Jonathan is Ijo, not Igbo.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by sbeezy8: 2:15pm On Apr 12, 2011
whats new?

they did that months ago weeks ago days ago
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by mrperfect(m): 2:20pm On Apr 12, 2011
Even without making it official Igbo backs Jonathan, judging by 5 states in South east support and apga adopting him as their President.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by mrperfect(m): 2:22pm On Apr 12, 2011
Even without making it official Igbo backs Jonathan, judging by 5 states in South east support and apga adopting him as their President.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by blacksta(m): 2:24pm On Apr 12, 2011
I laugh

Majority of these people are so irrelevant that they cant even deliver votes from their family house talk less of street - Let them continue to wallow in delusion. On Saturday those that matter will speak.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by UNITEDMAN: 2:38pm On Apr 12, 2011
support any party u like, but after 4 years we will see the results. i will only vote for progressives.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by sbeezy8: 2:40pm On Apr 12, 2011
2011 GEJ, 2015 (Sambo vs. Fashola)
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by EzeUche(m): 2:42pm On Apr 12, 2011
skullbaba:

tribalism

How is it tribalism when Jonathan is an Ijaw? Igbos are simply supporting a Niger Delta minority.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by EzeUche(m): 2:44pm On Apr 12, 2011
sbeezy8:

2011 GEJ, 2015 (Sambo vs. Fashola)

You do know that is a long time from now. And new stars shall rise. You cannot predict into the future. For all we know, a new Igbo star will be born and the stars will align for him.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by AndreUweh(m): 2:47pm On Apr 12, 2011
blacksta:

I laugh

Majority of these people are so irrelevant that they cant even deliver votes from their family house talk less of street - Let them continue to wallow in delusion. On Saturday those that matter will speak.
Swallow that crap you put up there. This leaders you are insulting will influence their peeps to vote for GEJ.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by sbeezy8: 2:50pm On Apr 12, 2011
EzeUche:

You do know that is a long time from now. And new stars shall rise. You cannot predict into the future. For all we know, a new Igbo star will be born and the stars will align for him.

lol yea right . . .BS  sambo  or another northerner takin pdp ticket so thats a wrap i dont know which party igbo wanna become candidate ,maybe apga

one thing for sure pdps ticket is going to the north no matter how much of a star is made in the SE. ANPP north,
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 12, 2011
You only make yourself cheap when you play follow follow politics.Jonathan should be struggling to get ibo votes not the other way round.
Ibo and money sha .
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by EzeUche(m): 2:54pm On Apr 12, 2011
sbeezy8:

lol yea right . . .BS  sambo  or another northerner takin pdp ticket so thats a wrap i dont know which party igbo wanna become candidate ,maybe apga

one thing for sure pdps ticket is going to the north no matter how much of a star is made in the SE. ANPP north,

We shall see. . .

Too soon to tell. Even a year in politics is a very long time.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by AljUche: 2:54pm On Apr 12, 2011
^^^^^^

uche namesake what is with you signature undecided
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by AljUche: 2:56pm On Apr 12, 2011
EzeUche:

true no one can predict the future

igbos politics maybe down for now tomorro it might be the yorubas turn

who knows
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by EzeUche(m): 2:56pm On Apr 12, 2011
Alj Uche:

^^^^^^

uche namesake what is with you signature undecided

It is an abomination for any party that has been associated with Awolowo to be present on Igbo soil. My hatred for Awolowo is so much, that anything associated with him is a vile abomination.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by mbatuku1: 3:08pm On Apr 12, 2011
sbeezy8:

2015 (Sambo vs. Fashola)

This really outrageous. The two are not even in the same party
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by callme2: 3:25pm On Apr 12, 2011
@skullbaba
What is your beef?
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by Godmann(m): 3:38pm On Apr 12, 2011
whatever anyone says, Igbos will be back at the right time. It is a law of nature.

As for my brothers in the north running after Jonathan, I wish them well. Luckily, they will be the first to shout when their sins come after them.

I hate tibalism. Even if I am to be a tribalist, Jonathan is simply not Igbo. He is Ijaw. Igbos fought the war without Ijaw support. I take the Ikweres and the Ikas in River and  Delta as Igbos but not Ijaws.

Yorubas have told me severally that Igbos will never rule Nigeria. Ijaws have said that several times. No Hausa has said that to me. So, I would rather vote an Hausa if I am to judge based on tribal sentiments than an Ijaw man

But outside tribalism, Buhari is the best for Nigeria. I see no reason why those Igbos in the North will troop to Jonathan but for ignorance. Of course we call them Ommatas. They have the money but lack intelligence. Politics means only stealing of public wealth to them.

Politics to me is the acts of organising my society. This Jonathan can simply not do better than Buhari.

When will my generation get this message. When will my Igbos get it.

Nigeria shall one day be free and emancipated.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by EzeUche(m): 3:42pm On Apr 12, 2011
^^^

You share the sentiments of some of my elders, but I am just going to take a leap of faith with Jonathan.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by Afam4eva(m): 3:43pm On Apr 12, 2011
Godman_n:

whatever anyone says, Igbos will be back at the right time. It is a law of nature.

As for my brothers in the north running after Jonathan, I wish them well. Luckily, they will be the first to shout when their sins come after them.

I hate tibalism. Even if I am to be a tribalist, Jonathan is simply not Igbo. He is Ijaw. Igbos fought the war without Ijaw support. I take the Ikweres and the Ikas in River and  Delta as Igbos but not Ijaws.

Yorubas have told me severally that Igbos will never rule Nigeria. Ijaws have said that several times. No Hausa has said that to me. So, I would rather vote an Hausa if I am to judge based on tribal sentiments than an Ijaw man

But outside tribalism, Buhari is the best for Nigeria. I see no reason why those Igbos in the North will troop to Jonathan but for ignorance. Of course we call them Ommatas. They have the money but lack intelligence. Politics means only stealing of public wealth to them.

Politics to me is the acts of organising my society. This Jonathan can simply not do better than Buhari.

Chineke gozie gi, You have said it all.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by ChinenyeN(m): 3:45pm On Apr 12, 2011
Is it just me or do some people here actually seem idiotic enough that they don't realize that the Igbo are not the follow-follow type?
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by EzeUche(m): 3:46pm On Apr 12, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Is it just me or do some people here actually seem silly enough that they don't realize that the Igbo are not the follow-follow type?

And who are these people? I think you have come to realize that we Igbos have no friends in Nigeria. That we would be better off if we were united POLITICALLY.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by Afam4eva(m): 3:47pm On Apr 12, 2011
ChinenyeN:

Is it just me or do some people here actually seem idiotic enough that they don't realize that the Igbo are not the follow-follow type?

The Igbo political elites are the follow follow type. They go after what's in vogue without thinking about the interest of the entire Igbo populace. Anyway, nobody gives a rats asss about them no more. Cos they don't wield any kind of power.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by sbeezy8: 3:51pm On Apr 12, 2011
Godman_n:

I hate tibalism. Even if I am to be a tribalist, Jonathan is simply not Igbo. He is Ijaw. Igbos fought the war without Ijaw support. I take the Ikweres and the Ikas in River and Delta as Igbos but not Ijaws.

complete nosense ive never heard of yorubas saying igbos will never rule nigeria. ive only heard igbos better do it without yorubas support but depend on hausas wink votes cause they have thier own candidates to push when the time is right.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by hbrednic: 3:53pm On Apr 12, 2011
afam4eva:

Chineke gozie gi, You have said it all.
Godman_n:

Useless rant ,ur post makes no sense.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by Nobody: 3:53pm On Apr 12, 2011
afam4eva:

The Igbo political elites are the follow follow type. They go after what's in vogue without thinking about the interest of the entire Igbo populace. Anyway, nobody gives a rats asss about them no more. Cos they don't wield any kind of power.
Re: Igbo Leaders In North Back Jonathan by sbeezy8: 3:54pm On Apr 12, 2011
igbo can be president of nigeria sure but he should look to the north

unless he wants to vp to a yoruba

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

International Journal Uncovers Tb Joshua – Video On Youtube / See Video Of How Tanzania Girl Left In Pit For 8 Months By Boyfriend Was Rescued / Photo: Faces Of The Men Who Murdered Bridget In Kano For Allegedly Blaspheming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.