Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,603 members, 7,958,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:14 AM

Opposition Challenges PDP's Win In Nasarawa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opposition Challenges PDP's Win In Nasarawa (3474 Views)

Wike EXPLODES:PDP Win All Elections In Rivers State,apc Can't Win Any Unit / Lagos West: APC, PDP Win In Strongholds - Vanguard / Will PDP Win Lagos Come 2015? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opposition Challenges PDP's Win In Nasarawa by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 12, 2011
Re: Opposition Challenges PDP's Win In Nasarawa by seguno2: 4:56pm On Apr 12, 2011
^^^
spamming.
where are the mods
and Seun
Re: Opposition Challenges PDP's Win In Nasarawa by muami(m): 5:32pm On Apr 12, 2011
The CPC is however challenging the result. It claimed that voting did not take place in the entire Buga-Karmo ward, but the presiding officers there turned in 10,000 votes - all valid and cast in favour of the PDP.

CPC agents in the area alleged that one Wasan Kudi, stated that the deputy chairman of PDP in Toto took polling officers to his residence and had them submit the ballot papers for him to thumbprint the said 10,000 votes in favour of his party.

Talk is cheap otherwise we know where results are challenged. I am not surprised though because these so called opposition parties especially CPC do not understand democratic workings. If they do, they should have gone to get a lawyer to file a petition at the tribunal  and PROVE thier case there instead of making noise to heat up the polity.Fortunately, most Nigerians saw live the FREENESS AND FAIRNESS of the elections so as long as MAJORITY are pleased, then its fine.
Re: Opposition Challenges PDP's Win In Nasarawa by EvilBrain1(m): 6:47pm On Apr 12, 2011
seguno2:

Which politicians do you think are in CPC that became a major party only yesterday because Buhari could not stand losing to "small boy" Shekarau in ANPP ? Typical of Buhari's tyranny and undemocratic principles.  shocked  shocked  shocked
Which politicians are in ACN outside of the south west in Tinubu's desperate bid to spread his godfather tentacles and his personal revenue collection base beyond Fashola's Lagos ?
I hope you realise that majority simply means 50%+.

I know what "majority" means. To claim that the majority of opposition candidates are ex-PDP is completely false.

And I find it intersting that you're ignoring all the corrupt politicians in PDP but making baseless accusations against Tinubu. Tinubu who the EFCC couldn't make a case against even though he was an opposition governor and a thorn in Obasanko's side. Tinubu who flew to London on business the week after your guy GEJ's oga Alamco got arrested there. At a time when all the PDP governors suddenly lost their appetite for foreign trips.

Tinubu who was arguably the best governor of his generation. If you don't believe me please name a single PDP governor at that time who did a better job. If you don't remember any, let me give you some names: James (international petty thief) Ibori, Joshua Dariye, Mbadinuju (the bakassi boys governor), Alamco (the ex-con and GEJ's best pal), Chimaroke (Ebaanu) Nnamani, Umaru (sick-note) Yar'adua, Ayo (agric project) Fayose, Rasheed (omo Adedibu) Ladoja, Adebayo (bleaching cream) Alao-Akala, ("Prince"wink Olagunsoye Oyinlola, Gbenga (OGD) Daniel, Peter (Big thief) Odili and Donald (Tinapa is not a white elephant) Duke.

Please tell me which among the above listed governors did better than Tinubu and which ones were not at least 10 times as corrupt. If you're brave, you'll argue (incorrectly) that Yar'adua and Duke were better, but I'll like to see you try and defend any of the others.
Re: Opposition Challenges PDP's Win In Nasarawa by seguno2: 9:27am On Apr 13, 2011
Evil Brain:

Please tell me which among the above listed governors did better than Tinubu and which ones were not at least 10 times as corrupt. If you're brave, you'll argue (incorrectly) that Yar'adua and Duke were better, but I'll like to see you try and defend any of the others.

Thanks for the two bold portions.
At least we can agree that Tinubu is also corrupt maybe a bit less than the PDP governors, most of whom he has recruited to his ACN as Jonathan cleans up PDP through his quiet but effective soft power. The debris from PDP is shifting to ACN and CPC with Tinubu now outshining Saraki, Obasanjo and Adedibu put together in terms of imposing family members and business associates on his party people to further his pilfering ways.
I see you also grudgingly agree about Duke and Yaradua's performance.
It's all about aspiration level. You may want to compare with Awolowo's stature and politics. The question is why have the Yorubas descended so low
Have a good day.
Re: Opposition Challenges PDP's Win In Nasarawa by EvilBrain1(m): 3:55pm On Apr 13, 2011
seguno2:

Thanks for the two bold portions.
At least we can agree that Tinubu is also corrupt maybe a bit less than the PDP governors, most of whom he has recruited to his ACN as Jonathan cleans up PDP through his quiet but effective soft power. The debris from PDP is shifting to ACN and CPC with
It's all about aspiration level. You may want to compare with Awolowo's stature and politics. The question is why have the Yorubas descended so low
Have a good day.

I can't claim that Tinubu is not corrupt because its impossible to prove a negative, but I can say with confidence that he was perhaps the least corrupt governor in Nigeria during his time. You're claiming that "most" of the corrupt PDP governors are now in ACN. Very good, kindly back that statement up by mentioning their names. The last time I checked all the people on my list except Mbadiniju, the late Yar'Adua, Fayose and Ladoja are still in PDP and only one is in ACN.

Tinubu now outshining Saraki, Obasanjo and Adedibu put together in terms of imposing family members and business associates on his party people to further his pilfering ways.
Tinubu "imposed" his wife Remi (who was popular in her own right) as a senatorial candidate all the other ACN candidates won because they are popular. Compare Adedibu of PDP who's immediate family occupied all 3 senate seats in Oyo in 2007 (a son, a son-inlaw and a godson). What about the countless outgoing PDP governors who have imposed themselves as senate candidates?How is Tinubu's case worse?

I see you also grudgingly agree about Duke and Yaradua's performance.

Yar'adua may have been less corrupt than the other PDP governors but he could not touch Tinubu in terms of performance. In 8 years, the only notable things he did were establishing sharia and building a big hospital to treat his own kidney illness. Meanwhile children there are still being taught under trees. Duke on the other hand, wasted his entire state's budget on a giant white elephant project when there were people suffering without the most basic amenities. How much is Tinapa contibuting to the economy of the state 4 years later? What a complete waste.

Tinubu built roads (including federal roads), schools, drainages, gave us BRT, decent state hospitals, and all this while your uncle Shege was illegally holding on to the state's local government money and sabotaging him at every opportunity. I live in Lagos, you can not lie to me about what I saw with my own eyes.

PDP supporters want to change history to favour them, but Nigerians are not fools. We know which party has been stealing our money and rigging our elections. On saturday, IBB, OBJ, Anineh and GEJ will have to find another profession.
Re: Opposition Challenges PDP's Win In Nasarawa by Johns83: 11:00am On Apr 14, 2011
This was just forwarded to my phone: Today in Kaduna PDP disbursed N1.9billion in their bid to win saturday presidential election as follows: 1. LGA returning officers N5mil each 2. LGA Admin Sec. N3mil each 3. INEC directors N3mil each 4. All DPOs N500,000 each 5. All SSS LGA N500,000 each 6. Other INEC officials N2mil The monies were disbursed at Malali and U/rimi btw 10am to 1pm by 1. Alh Hussaini Jallo 2. Alh Hamisu Mairago 3. Alh Lawal ismail 4. Alh Mukhtar Yero (Deputy Gov.) PDP have a budget of N3bil per state against saturday election. Kindly inform INEC, EFCC, PRESS and Observers. Pls use ur phone to snap and record all dealings. Protect your vote. Vote Wisely

(1) (2) (Reply)

'bokoharram Conspiracy' Can This Be True? / Thousand Gather To Supprt Israel / [VIDEO] Peter Godsday Orubebe Vs Prof. Attahiru Jega #nigeriadecides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.