Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR (34861 Views)

How Does One Comfort Self After Receiving 3 Job Rejections In One Week? / Please How Long Does It Take To Get A Job-call From Hr-recruiter / How Being Righteous Made Me Lose A Dream Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by 4lorunsho(m): 6:27pm On Mar 06, 2021
nwikpab:
So a friend helped me submit my CV to his company. Though I know not the work but I was briefed and coached on the job.
Three months past and we were still waiting but I was in touch with my friend and never paid much attention to the CV again since I thought I would be called to come over to the company for interview.

Three days ago, I was awakened by my phone ringtone from a deep sleep and next question, where did you work.

My brain na Pentium 3 so it couldn't boot fast. My company is ATY is responded. ATY What.
ATY investment. How many years experience, I forgot what I used on the CV so I dabbled between 2 n 5 but settled on 5years.

What is your duty. I did answered this one correctly and he put off his call promising to get back to me today.

He never introduced himself to me and I was expecting call from three different HR.
My friend just called that the other person he submitted the CV with mine has been text to come to the company on Monday. He wanted to know if I am invited too but not yet.

How can I even explain this to my friend, that I fxcked up on my year of experience?

you did not do well, you should have told began with who am I speaking to and what's the name and you try to do switch off your phone for them to call back then contact your friend or check the mail to see it
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Lewisdinho(m): 6:40pm On Mar 06, 2021
The Job wasn't meant for you. Move on
nwikpab:
So a friend helped me submit my CV to his company. Though I know not the work but I was briefed and coached on the job.
Three months past and we were still waiting but I was in touch with my friend and never paid much attention to the CV again since I thought I would be called to come over to the company for interview.

Three days ago, I was awakened by my phone ringtone from a deep sleep and next question, where did you work.

My brain na Pentium 3 so it couldn't boot fast. My company is ATY is responded. ATY What.
ATY investment. How many years experience, I forgot what I used on the CV so I dabbled between 2 n 5 but settled on 5years.

What is your duty. I did answered this one correctly and he put off his call promising to get back to me today.

He never introduced himself to me and I was expecting call from three different HR.
My friend just called that the other person he submitted the CV with mine has been text to come to the company on Monday. He wanted to know if I am invited too but not yet.

How can I even explain this to my friend, that I fxcked up on my year of experience?
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Kaymansion(m): 6:55pm On Mar 06, 2021
A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.. your own is coming
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by janga02(m): 7:47pm On Mar 06, 2021
nwikpab:

Just know that what is yours will never pass you bye. If you didn't get invitation it means a better opportunity is waiting for you elsewhere. Pray and be prepared for your own time will surely come.
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Hahjascho(m): 8:17pm On Mar 06, 2021
When you tell the truth, you don't have to remember what you said.
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Cryptomillion: 8:35pm On Mar 06, 2021
Really
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by 9jaRealist: 5:07am On Mar 07, 2021
nwikpab:

Interesting how it doesn’t even bother some Nigerians these days to publicly declare themselves to be liars... sad
>
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Nobody: 7:14am On Mar 07, 2021
TalkTalkTwins:
Sincerely, the way employees complicate stuff is way out.
Omo

Self employed it bae I swear
Self employed is bae?, you people will be hyping self employment as if it doesn't have disadvantages too. Respect people's preference.
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by TalkTalkTwins(m): 8:58am On Mar 07, 2021
Shile981:

Self employed is bae?, you people will be hyping self employment as if it doesn't have disadvantages too. Respect people's preference.

You're talking in the nonsense
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Tinyemeka(m): 9:29am On Mar 07, 2021
Lamasta:

Move on bro you tried on your part the rest is left to the company....

Someone else submitted the CV on his behalf. A CV that he couldn't even recall the details contained therein.

What exactly did he try on?
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 07, 2021
TalkTalkTwins:

You're talking in the nonsense

It's better remove that egocentric mentality from your head. Stop influencing people with it
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by zer09ine: 2:40am On Mar 08, 2021
nwikpab:

... One thing about telling the truth
You don't have to remember what you said before... it just flow
Re: I Am About To Lose A Job Opportunity After Receiving A Phone Call From HR by kimipa: 3:53am On Mar 08, 2021
Nobody should lose sleep over losing an job because of a bad interview, it happened to me in 2003 just after my NYSC, but still got another job not what I wanted. I later worked for one of the top aviation companies in Nigeria and finally relocated to Canada in 2021 January.

The company that I did the interview and lost the job did not even survive in the Nigerian business environment as they went under when Soludo was CBN governor.

Today I look back and just laugh because what you think is best for you may not be in God's agenda for your life, so relax.

Better jobs are on their way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cardinal Stone Graduate Trainee Assessment 2016 / Vacancies In Port Harcourt (urgent) / Top 50 Highest Paying Companies In Nigeria That You Do Not Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.