Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,163 members, 7,867,382 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:56 PM

Iyabo Obasanjo Denies Ownership Of Radio Station ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obasanjo Denies Ownership Of Radio Station ! (515 Views)

Obasanjo Denies Snubbing Jonathan, Shagari, Other Ex-presidents / Akiolu Slams Obasanjo, Denies Endorsing Buhari / Obasanjo Denies Calling For Revolution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Iyabo Obasanjo Denies Ownership Of Radio Station ! by wales(m): 6:46am On Apr 12, 2011
serving Senator, Iyabo Obasanjo-Bello, has debunked the speculation that she is the proprietress of a privately owned radio station, Rock City FM, with its operational headquarters in Abeokuta, Ogun State capital.

She made this clear while featuring in a live programme at the station, explaining that she had no input in the establishment of the radio station, as being speculated, adding that some politicians in the state are responsible for the rumour to malign her character.

“I am not the owner of the radio station. I don’t even have any input to its establishment. All what I know is that my friend, my brother, and my former commissioner colleague, Niran Malaolu, is the founder and owner of the station,” she explained.

Speaking further, Ms. Obasanjo-Bello, who ironically lost her bid to return to the Senate at the poll on Saturday, noted that her political enemies, whom she said included the state governor, Gbenga Daniel, were responsible for the misleading information.

“It is the governor of the state and some other mischievous politicians in the state that are responsible for the rumour, which is even not true. I only come to feature on programmes on this station just like any other person, and that is not enough to say I am the owner of the station,” Ms. Obasanjo said.

It would be recalled that the state governor had at a press conference held in his Oke-Mosan office, Abeokuta, recently insinuated that the senator was the brain behind the establishment of the radio station.

Mr. Daniel was reacting to the presence of the radio station’s reporter at the conference, when he {reporter} rose up to ask question, and introduced himself as representing Rockcity F.M Station. The governor alleged that findings had traced ownership of the radio station to the serving senator.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5688673-147/story.csp

(1) (Reply)

Groups Condemn Plot To Shut Out Observers / Do Not Despair! / Secrets Of The Bomb Blasts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.