Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,165 members, 7,835,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Spending 10yrs Studying A 5yr Course. Any Suggestions? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Spending 10yrs Studying A 5yr Course. Any Suggestions? (261 Views)

Suggestions: What Would Be The Minimum Hourly Pay Rate For The Nigerian Workers? / See The 5 Rules Of Spending / 5 Ways To Combine Work And Studying Masters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spending 10yrs Studying A 5yr Course. Any Suggestions? by KayaMaghan: 1:37pm On Mar 06, 2021
Hello! I created this account two days ago so I can post this.
I got admitted 2012 into one of the universities of technology in Nigeria to study Engineering. I was supposed to graduate 5yrs later, but I never did due to different reasons (health, financial and my own carelessness). I deferred a session twice and carried over some courses too. And now in my final year I just discovered I can't even graduate this year either, after waiting for months in school during this lockdown doing home lessons and cleaning services. And my grades are not encouraging. Anybody who knows me knows that I am neither a dull nor lazy student. Right now, I am thinking of writing JAMB this year. But I am 30yrs old now and I feel a little too old. I have saved enough to see myself through, at least, two years in any public university in Nigeria; hoping to get a scholarship along the way. I can't stay in this place, I am planning to go up North. The skills I have are welding and music. I will appreciate any advice I can get here.
Re: Spending 10yrs Studying A 5yr Course. Any Suggestions? by budaatum: 1:58pm On Mar 06, 2021
KayaMaghan:

I deferred a session twice and carried over some courses too. And my grades are not encouraging. Anybody who knows me knows that I am neither a dull nor lazy student.

Its true that I do not know you apart from what you have told us about yourself, but I really can not agree with you that you are not at least serious with your life!

A serious person would have been welding or and making music while studying all these years, but you sound like you were deferring and carrying over while getting nowhere, and now you want to go do jamb and start another 10 years? Who has been feeding you all this time, I wonder!

My advice is that you concentrate on finishing your studies so you don't end up wasting the ten years you already spent. And go do some welding while you are at it. And stop being lazy!
Re: Spending 10yrs Studying A 5yr Course. Any Suggestions? by suzzyboss(m): 2:30pm On Mar 06, 2021
Oga go hustle school Na scam, highest if you want to study look for any fast school like kwasu, or do part-time while hustling , don't think about earning salaries , think about paying employees their salary, work plenty for this life..
Re: Spending 10yrs Studying A 5yr Course. Any Suggestions? by KayaMaghan: 3:12pm On Mar 06, 2021
budaatum:

Its true that I do not know you apart from what you have told us about yourself, but I really can not agree with you that you are not at least serious with your life!

A serious person would have been welding or and making music while studying all these years, but you sound like you were deferring and carrying over while getting nowhere, and now you want to go do jamb and start another 10 years? Who has been feeding you all this time, I wonder!

My advice is that you concentrate on finishing your studies so you don't end up wasting the ten years you already spent. And go do some welding while you are at it. And stop being lazy!

I feed myself and pay my own bills, Thanks! I really wish I am interested in going back there again. Already made way too many sacrifices for it. I wrote and sold many songs, but I will rather go back to school than go fully into music. I have saved just above half a mil so far. Thanks for the advice!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Spending 10yrs Studying A 5yr Course. Any Suggestions? by Nobody: 6:42am On Mar 08, 2021
Nothing much to say. But I wish you good luck in whatever you decide to do bro

(1) (Reply)

Learning A High Income Skill In 2021 / How can my friend escape from ghana / See Why You Should Run The NEBOSH IGC Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.