Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,096 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

List Of Clean Secular African Music - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / List Of Clean Secular African Music (1172 Views)

Best African Music Performance: Grammys Add Three New Categories / Mercy Chinwo Slams ₦2bn Lawsuit On Obidiz For Using Her Name In A Secular Music / Stonebwoy Begs Nigeria To Promote African Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Clean Secular African Music by Obinoscopy(m): 4:23pm On Mar 06, 2021
Hi Nairalanders,

I want to create a list of good secular music (preferably of African origin) that is clean. I want my daughter to know her roots and one of the means of achieving that is playing African music around. However I don't want to corrupt her with secular music with curse words or x-rated words/scenes. So I need your help folks with this. I believe this will help many people....myself inclusive.

You can post the link to the songs here or just post the title of the song along with the artist name. I will update this post with your list on a regular basis.

Clean Secular African Songs

1. Tolotolo - Sunny Neji

2. Pray For Me - Darey Art Alade

3. Nigeria - Timi Dakolo

4. Wisdom - Mike Okri

5. Land Is Green - TY Bello

Re: List Of Clean Secular African Music by Bornu2ndson: 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2021
Agape love band - n'olu nnam n'igwe vol 4
Corlinous Benjamin - Mmiri ndu
Ihe Emebiwo and other tracks
Obi Igwe - Oga adiri gi mma
Chioma Jesus tracks
Princess Njideka ministrial worship
Re: List Of Clean Secular African Music by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 06, 2021
Dear Op,

Let her start with Sunny Neji's Tolo-Tolo song, it will humble her and make her know her roots,

Then look for some Paul Ik Dairo songs,

-Darey Art Alade "Pray For Me"

Timi Dakolo "Nigeria"

I have forgotten the name of the artist that sang "Hear your Mama, Hear your Papa, Life go better for you"

"Which Way Nigeria"

TY Bello "Land Is Green"

"Sweet Mother"

"Eve Edna Okoli songs"

Destiny Kids "Joy Joy Joy, in my heart is ringing"

Paul Nwokocha

Dynamite "Akpa aza"

Tell her to avoid Naira Marley, Zlatan and the useless Bella Shrmuda

2 Likes

Re: List Of Clean Secular African Music by Obinoscopy(m): 11:11pm On Mar 06, 2021
Bornu2ndson:
Agape love band - n'olu nnam n'igwe vol 4

Corlinous Benjamin - Mmiri ndu

Ihe Emebiwo and other tracks

Obi Igwe - Oga adiri gi mma

Chioma Jesus tracks

Princess Njideka ministrial worship
Thanks. I was referring to secular (non-christian) songs. Christian songs is not a problem.
Re: List Of Clean Secular African Music by Obinoscopy(m): 7:54pm On Mar 09, 2021
JidennaJason:
Dear Op,

Let her start with Sunny Neji's Tolo-Tolo song, it will humble her and make her know her roots,

Then look for some Paul Ik Dairo songs,

-Darey Art Alade "Pray For Me"

Timi Dakolo "Nigeria"

I have forgotten the name of the artist that sang "Hear your Mama, Hear your Papa, Life go better for you"

"Which Way Nigeria"

TY Bello "Land Is Green"

"Sweet Mother"

"Eve Edna Okoli songs"

Destiny Kids "Joy Joy Joy, in my heart is ringing"

Paul Nwokocha

Dynamite "Akpa aza"

Tell her to avoid Naira Marley, Zlatan and the useless Bella Shrmuda

Thanks so much.

The "Hear your Mama, Hear your Papa, Life go better for you" song is titled Wisdom and was sang by Mike Okri. Thanks so much.
Re: List Of Clean Secular African Music by Obinoscopy(m): 2:55pm On Dec 02, 2021
Re: List Of Clean Secular African Music by Obinoscopy(m): 3:22pm On Dec 02, 2021
Re: List Of Clean Secular African Music by Obinoscopy(m): 5:21pm On Apr 27, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid Performance In Warri, Delta State 2021 (video) / Who Knew Paris Hilton Could Sing? / Danny Young/boquie/soul E/infinity – (amen Award) Best New Artist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.