Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Attacked By Thugs Claiming To Work For Edo State Government - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Attacked By Thugs Claiming To Work For Edo State Government (494 Views)

My Sister-inlaw Was Gunned Down By Thugs At A Polling Station In Benin (Photos) / Endsars Protester Stabbed To Death By Thugs In Kubwa, Abuja (disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attacked By Thugs Claiming To Work For Edo State Government by oluuae: 11:25pm On Mar 06, 2021
This incident is funny and interesting. On the 5th day of march 2021, my friend came into town and pleaded with me to accompany him and his wife to the hospital because she is heavily pregnant. On our way back along akpakpava, right in front of CBN, some funny looking guys approached my car and asked for money. I was scared because of the present security challenge in the State and Nigeria in general. One jump into my car while the other was rushing for my car key. I had to start driving to the nearest police station but unfortunately for me, more of them came with a different car and then caught up with me. The story was really terrible from that point. My money, wife's phone and car battery was taken away but that was after they rough handled me. The reason they took to their heels was because people in the area came out to defend me.

I called my lawyer and we went to their office around ringroad to report but funny enough the vice chairman and some other people gave me some slaps. After we narrated to a police man that is suppose to be part of them from what we later realised, we were asked to pay 15,000. The money was reduced to 3,000 because we insisted on a booking and fine for a private individual driving around town. To cut the long story short, the chairman got involved and asked us to leave without paying penny. He was the only educated person among them. The funny thing is that none of them talked about paying me back my things that was stollen and they denied all of that.

My concern is that the Governor of Edo state is against thugs harassing people, why is this case different. How can every car owner in Benin pay the government revenue or is this something the Governor has no idea about.

Re: Attacked By Thugs Claiming To Work For Edo State Government by CandyOps(m): 1:20am On Mar 07, 2021
Benin people suppose hold their own #endSars protest special.

Benin police records na like the worst. Benin police wey just carry us go office for a new Toks car we had completed registration and duty and all.

They stop us for express carry us go station extort #10k from us. Nothing we do. Accuse us say na stolen car. How do you steal an imported car with custom papers and all.

After Benin police collect, Akwuzu for Anambra go collect, Ibadan go collect, before Lagos go collect. Benin government just dey ignore cultism because e fit de benefit Dem.

Very messed up situation. You go see police your mind go fly
Re: Attacked By Thugs Claiming To Work For Edo State Government by Thomthom(m): 11:07am On Mar 07, 2021
Obaseki is not aware of this obviously....Even in Auchi there are some people that call themselves Annewat who pursue bike up and down for 50 naira booking after buying the normal 150 council ticket... This people has made agbero present in Edo state Again.... And am very sure like I said before that Obaseki might not be aware of all this side agbero..
Re: Attacked By Thugs Claiming To Work For Edo State Government by RRodwave(m): 4:14pm On Mar 07, 2021
Dam
Re: Attacked By Thugs Claiming To Work For Edo State Government by RRodwave(m): 4:19pm On Mar 07, 2021
CandyOps:
Benin people suppose hold their own #endSars protest special.

Benin police records na like the worst. Benin police wey just carry us go office for a new Toks car we had completed registration and duty and all.

They stop us for express carry us go station extort #10k from us. Nothing we do. Accuse us say na stolen car. How do you steal an imported car with custom papers and all.

After Benin police collect, Akwuzu for Anambra go collect, Ibadan go collect, before Lagos go collect. Benin government just dey ignore cultism because e fit de benefit Dem.

Very messed up situation. You go see police your mind go fly

I swear
Re: Attacked By Thugs Claiming To Work For Edo State Government by Andrenalin: 11:15pm On Mar 07, 2021
Are these guys not those that toll car? As wrongly packed car.
Re: Attacked By Thugs Claiming To Work For Edo State Government by chukskafor(m): 9:20am On Mar 08, 2021
Op, I can relate to your story as I am a living witness too; December 23rd 2020, I was enroute to Benin via Auchi and on my way, I picked some passengers who on getting to Lucky way by Aduwawa told me they wanted to alight, meanwhile I've gone past the Oando filling station, if you are conversant with the terrain, so I negotiated a turn and parked clearly off the road by first bank, the next I saw are some funny looking dudes on black as if going to a funeral, both positioned at both sides of my vehicle's doors with one or more at my front, I wanted to make a move but for the traffic congestion, they opened my door and asked me out of the vehicle but insisted on driving it myself to their office; long story short, their office was at a beer parlor by the Lucky way there, they levied me 15k but I told them that what I have at hand there was 5k, they referred me to their chairman whom I tried to explain myself to in a very lengthy verbal narration, and he said the best he can do for me is to reduce the bill to 10k.... as I opened my mouth, before a word could come out, the next I heard on my face was wuuuuuua, omo na slap be that o, before you know it, the guy started shouting and raising dust as if he was the one slapped, uttering a thousand and one word at same time which I could not read a meaning to, I just concluded in me that the guy is not mentally stable.
I left my car with them, took a cab to bypass where I have someone who can lend me, then came back and retrieved my car; it was quite an experience

modified: the funny thing is that they liaise with the cab operators and where using them as a bate, because you will see the cab operators parked right there but immediately you joined forces with them by parking there, you will be in for a long thing

(1) (Reply)

'security Guard Assaulted By CCT Chairman Hospitalised With Internal Injuries' / IPOB Commander, 6 Militias Killed As Nigerian Forces Launch Joint Operation / Insecurity: Military Alleged Of Planning Air Raids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.