Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms (17641 Views)

EFCC: Malami Tackles Sagay, Says He’s Confused / #EndSARS: Sagay Says FG May Forcefully End Protests If Youths Continue / COVID-19: Sagay Says Nigerians Are The Most Indisciplined People On Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by EponOjuku: 3:02am On Mar 07, 2021
blackpanda:

You are just talking emotionally with zero facts. Shey nigerian army has guns, did boko haram run out of sambisa What of when u have guns and the herdsmen slaughter u and ur family then obtains all your guns to join theirs More guns has only been known to increase more violence

Was it firewood the Chadian army used to wreck Boko Haram under 1 week? Wasn't it guns?

Herdsmen don't attack people who are armed. Go and ask anyone. It seems the lives of your family members are worthless and you're not interested in protecting them.

7 Likes

Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by Gandollaar(f): 3:04am On Mar 07, 2021
blackpanda:

Ok baby. Ngwanu go to bed
I'm awake already waiting for 5am to hit the road and joggle away some new encumbrances in my midsection, so you are stuck with me blacky.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by blackpanda: 3:08am On Mar 07, 2021
Gandollaar:
I'm awake already waiting for 5am to hit the road and joggle away some new encumbrances in my midsection, so you are stuck with me blacky.

Haha ok na. Maybe I will go jog too. I'm happy to be stuck with u las las grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by Gandollaar(f): 3:09am On Mar 07, 2021
EponOjuku:

No, I was referring to the idiot you quoted, but Sagay.

Definitely, the herdsmen troubling Nigerians have the backing of those in power. That's what Kawu said, that they used the herdsmen from other countries to seize power in Nigeria.
You see that foreigners did it narrative, I don't buy it.

Yes there are fulani foreigners among us, but the indigenous ones are no different.

Gumi meets with them and never called them foreigners.

Sultan never said they were foreigners

Myetti Allah has openly defended their actions.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by Gandollaar(f): 3:10am On Mar 07, 2021
blackpanda:

Haha ok na. Maybe I will go jog too. I'm happy to be stuck with u las las grin
Hahaha hahaha grin

Stuck on you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by gaddafe(m): 3:21am On Mar 07, 2021
blackpanda:
Ok this man is now confirmed mad

And you that have sense what suggestion have you given?

2 Likes

Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by pacespot(m): 3:25am On Mar 07, 2021
EponOjuku:
If this is implemented, the fulani menace will be solved within 3 days.
Unfortunately, armed robbery will increase just as it did in Igboland after the civil war.

Guns do not increase the rate of armed robbery in the country, armed robbery is due to greed or quest for quicker riches, it has nothing to do with private ownership of guns. Even armed robbers will think twice before attacking if most citizens are armed. Are you telling me guns are not accessible to armed robbers today?
Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by gaddafe(m): 3:30am On Mar 07, 2021
blackpanda:

Just because u have a gun doesn't mean u can shoot. More guns equals more dead people, not peace.

Oga except you are a terrorist I don't see why anyone should object to this. Those that want to steal kill and destroy already have guns so this law is not to create arms to criminals but to assist the innocent ones who have nothing to protect themselves. Are you guys saying we should sit and fold our arms while people with guns wipe us all out. Please you guys should always use your senses when you are in public

6 Likes

Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by Tvoice: 3:33am On Mar 07, 2021
if your are for this motion plz say hiiiiiii and if u are against this motion plz say niiiiii, nairaland Senate committee, food don ready . Oya .

2 Likes

Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by bigfish3k: 3:33am On Mar 07, 2021
It seems the cabals are no longer looking at this one face. Mtchew

I remember how he unashamedly supported Onnogens illegal removal

3 Likes

Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by banmee(m): 3:35am On Mar 07, 2021
EponOjuku:
Unfortunately, armed robbery will increase just as it did in Igboland after the civil war.

pacespot:
I concord with this honest man. Some people saying the gun violence will increase by this, if you have a gun and cannot protect yourself, that is your own problem to deal with. Most evil doers in this country go after the soft target. If everybody is armed, even corruption will be reduced in the public offices. The way some people behave as if they are gods because of the privileges they enjoy will be reduced.

Allowing Nigerians en mass to own fire arms is like giving a 5 year old the keys to a ferrari. It won't end well. They might as well say they want another civil war.

1 Like

Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by EponOjuku: 3:43am On Mar 07, 2021
banmee:
Allowing Nigerians en mass to own fire arms is like giving a 5 year old the keys to a ferrari. It won't end well. They might as well say they want another civil war.

Fulanis herdsmen can carry weapons against Nigerians but Nigerians can't carry weapons to defend themselves? Your argument is classically stupid.

Why are fulanis afraid of war? Oh, I nearly forgot. After Dan Fodio was defeated by the Oyo empire, fulanis have never won any war again. Not in Mali, not in Senegal, not in Chad, not anywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by EponOjuku: 3:44am On Mar 07, 2021
pacespot:

Guns do not increase the rate of armed robbery in the country, armed robbery is due to greed or quest for quicker riches, it has nothing to do with private ownership of guns. Even armed robbers will think twice before attacking if most citizens are armed. Are you telling me guns are not accessible to armed robbers today?

There are several documented reports linking increase in rate of armed robbery in Nigeria with the civil war. Don't even argue it.
Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by Majid1990(m): 3:53am On Mar 07, 2021
Buy and share pls most of us can not buy it due lack of capital
Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by Racoon(m): 3:55am On Mar 07, 2021
cheesy Werey!
Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by InvertedHammer: 4:10am On Mar 07, 2021
/
They tactfully had everyone surrender their arms a few years ago so that their killers can operate unchallenged.

I like how Sagay avoided ESN/MNK when the interviewer tried to trap him. He dwelled on Sunday Idogho only.

/

2 Likes

Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by Nathan12345: 4:21am On Mar 07, 2021
It will not increase as the armed robber doesnt even know whether the victim is armed,the only thing is Nigeria ripe for this ,with the rate of unemployment and lack of basic infrastructure, people might be angered to even kill PHCN officials ,nothing is working in this our dear country
Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by Map1(m): 4:27am On Mar 07, 2021
sapphiere:
I need someone to teach me how to shoot a pistol.
pistol can only travel a short distance,The best shot is a long gun that can travel a long distance so when you want to protect your self go for long gun and don't forget to come along with your friend who has a long gun for back up.

2 Likes

Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by banmee(m): 4:33am On Mar 07, 2021
EponOjuku:

Fulanis herdsmen can carry weapons against Nigerians but Nigerians can't carry weapons to defend themselves? Your argument is classically stupid.

Why are fulanis afraid of war? Oh, I nearly forgot. After Dan Fodio was defeated by the Oyo empire, fulanis have never won any war again. Not in Mali, not in Senegal, not in Chad, not anywhere.

Obviously you didn't understand. Just like a 5 year old wouldn't. As predicted.

1. You seem to forget that Fulani herdsmen carry weapons illegally and it is the failure of the Nigerian system that allows it to continue.

2. Only a confirmed foool will idiotically canvass for war. I have fought in two wars and it is not as sexy as you think. With the barbaric ignorance of Nigerians coupled with their bloodthirst, you guys will be doomed if it ever happens again.

1 Like

Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by Heavensent01(m): 5:04am On Mar 07, 2021
checkmating the influx of these blood súcking futa jalloh ediots in Nigeria and each states will put a stop to the crisis in southern forests, North can burn for all I care, those foools brought this insecurity to Nigeria with their Naivety, dumbness and lack of Governance Charisma. I just detest these Northerners with their height of illiteracy, both their educated and non educated have proven to be an empty head

only God can save southern Nigeria in the hand of these Islamic filled brain with low economic advancing Dundees

1 Like

Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by HacheNoire: 5:40am On Mar 07, 2021
EponOjuku:

Robbery
Cultism
The insecurity you see today will triple .

Nigerians are not mentally stable to carry arms. When you look at the poverty count, frustration, and hardship, you will only get to realize that, move is a road to greater doom.

Crime thrives best with poverty.
Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by elmessiahs(m): 5:42am On Mar 07, 2021
I know this statement has undertone, this outbursts justify those of us believe government in Nigeria have failed constitutionally in its primarily responsibility to protect life and property, unfortunately accountability is not know in this geographical entity.
Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 6:03am On Mar 07, 2021
All he said are correct except the NEPOTISM aspect, bc he has a good job
Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by Spidermon: 6:05am On Mar 07, 2021
Optional09:
cool - i mean Nigerians needs M13

I can’t wait till the day we can all walk around with an AS FAL full auto

I want to believe you were referring to M16 and FN FAL rifles...
Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by Nobody: 6:13am On Mar 07, 2021
Nigerians need to learn how to be civil and polite first. If everyone had arms, kidnapping and banditry may reduce, but petty murder will sky rocket. Conductor will kill passenger because of change, parent will kill teacher because their child did not do well, and patient's relative will kill doctor because of poor treatment.

1 Like

Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:20am On Mar 07, 2021
Seems Sagay is seeking attention nowadays
Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by naheem8307(m): 6:28am On Mar 07, 2021
Islie:

Insecurity: Prof Sagay explodes: Enough is enough! Every Nigerian should carry arms

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/insecurity-prof-sagay-explodes-enough-is-enough-every-nigerian-should-carry-arms/

Are you not afraid of the rising cases of ethnic warlords? In the East, you have Nnamdi Kanu; in the West, you have Sunday Igboho; in the Northeast, there is Shekau, leader of Boko Haram; in the Northwest, the bandits have a leader, likewise the herdsmen, they have a leader?

It is disturbing. I will make an excuse for Sunday Igboho; he seems to try to correct the situation. He is rising on behalf of his people to put down a situation in which they are being oppressed by marauders, robbers and bandits. He is not legitimately empowered to do so, but where those who are empowered to take up such responsibility are not doing anything. There is a vacuum which such people rise up to and try to bring justice which those empowered to do so are not doing. So, I don’t classify Igboho as one of those you are talking about.

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:39am On Mar 07, 2021
blackpanda:

You people just blab anyhow. So the solution to peace is more guns In which country of the world has that ever worked Let's be thinking we'll before blabbing o
You are barking up the wrong tree. Bark at the security agencies and govt who failed to provide security.
As for your question, it worked in the US so why not try it.

1 Like

Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:42am On Mar 07, 2021
blackpanda:

You are just talking emotionally with zero facts. Shey nigerian army has guns, did boko haram run out of sambisa What of when u have guns and the herdsmen slaughter u and ur family then obtains all your guns to join theirs More guns has only been known to increase more violence
How come the thoughts of Nigerians owning guns scare you so
Are you among the bandits?

2 Likes

Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by Coldie(m): 6:44am On Mar 07, 2021
Heavensent01:
checkmating the influx of these blood súcking futa jalloh ediots in Nigeria and each states will put a stop to the crisis in southern forests, North can burn for all I care, those foools brought this insecurity to Nigeria with their Naivety, dumbness and lack of Governance Charisma. I just detest these Northerners with their height of illiteracy, both their educated and non educated have proven to be an empty head

only God can save southern Nigeria in the hand of these Islamic filled brain with low economic advancing Dundees
Ipob when una go get sense
Re: Professor Sagay Says All Nigerians Should Carry Arms by Vinstel: 6:45am On Mar 07, 2021
pacespot:
I concord with this honest man. Some people saying the gun violence will increase by this, if you have a gun and cannot protect yourself, that is your own problem to deal with. Most evil doers in this country go after the soft target. If everybody is armed, even corruption will be reduced in the public offices. The way some people behave as if they are gods because of the privileges they enjoy will be reduced.
Sagay is not an honest man, he is a big hypocrite. He was supporting Buhari's nepotism when it was affecting others but now that the Fulani herdsmen menace have reached his state in Edo, he is now calling for arms for everyone. This kind of hypocrisy is what will kill Nigeria especially southern Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking: again Court grants Dasuki Bail / Hold Buhari Responsible If Naira Depreciates Against Dollars – Reno Omokri / BREAKING: Tribunal Grants Buhari, APC Access To Inspect Electoral Materials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.